Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,137 members, 7,845,779 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2983) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3801233 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2980) (2981) (2982) (2983) (2984) (2985) (2986) ... (3853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:12pm On Apr 22, 2022
Baddestguyp:
yeah you're the one who rated Black Lagoon over AOT lol...

I even remember now....and I was wasting time arguing with you lol...
Black lagoon over AOT lol...I suppose still get the screenshots... grin
Here's a new screenshot

BLACK LAGOON IS BETTTEEEEEEERRRRRRR THAN ATTACK ON TITAN (SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN)!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2022
Baddestguyp:
and yet I still rated Peacemaker high...
Yes Peacemaker doesn't have plot cos it isn't plot focused...except you're actually calling that plot

Modified just to clarify...
Peacemaker imo is just like Jojo's Bizarre Adventures
Both aren't plot focused...
Doesn't mean they're bad...

Lol grin grin so the whole thing with the butterflies and the sub-thing with his dad was what?

Bro you're smart but you're funny grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2022
Kaycee7:
JoJo parts 1 & 2 and Peacemaker
lol, so the selling point of Jojo is the plot? Lol...

Bro Jojo is one of my fav series...no one watched Jojo cos of plot ...even the people I introduced complained about the plot and I convinced them to continue cos Jojo is not plot focused and they all enjoyed Jojo...

The plot of Jojo did not get me into Jojo as I'm sure for most people...most people watched Jojo cos of the memes, the references (Jojo reference), the strange and bizaree iish, the weirdness, the poses etc...
Even the characters are a far more higher selling point than the plot...

Oya say the truth...why did you start Jojo? People who referred it to you...what did they say?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:18pm On Apr 22, 2022
Purpl3:

Lol grin grin so the whole thing with the butterflies and the sub-thing with his dad was what?

Bro you're smart but you're funny grin
we saying same thing...
I said it isn't plot focused...there is no movie in this life that won't have plot...
But that whole butterfly thing isn't what you'll call a solid plot...
People don't watch peacemaker for any solid plot ..
I've never seen anyone say Peacemaker has a wonderful plot or praise it...

Just like me... people praise Peacemaker but not for it's plot cos that isn't the focus...that isn't the selling point
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:19pm On Apr 22, 2022
abduleez1:

Most of Your takes get as e be. I think it's Peacemaker I mixed up with Euphoria.

All na just for cruise. But if you think your ratings or opinion concerns me, ride on Bruh. You're that important. grin angry
what's all these...?
You lied against me...
I showed proof and you apologized and now you're saying this?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2022
Baddestguyp:
lol, so the selling point of Jojo is the plot? Lol...

Bro Jojo is one of my fav series...no one watched Jojo cos of plot ...even the people I introduced complained about the plot and I convinced them to continue cos Jojo is not plot focused and they all enjoyed Jojo...

The plot of Jojo did not get me into Jojo as I'm sure for most people...most people watched Jojo cos of the memes, the references (Jojo reference), the strange and bizaree iish, the weirdness, the poses etc...
Even the characters are a far more higher selling point than the plot...

Oya say the truth...why did you start Jojo? People who referred it to you...what did they say?
Man really just breezed over me specifically saying JoJo Parts 1 & 2.
Going by your stance, AoT isn't plot-focused then, because most people came for Levi.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2022
I don't know what is so hard to understand that not all series need to have solid plot ...

You can make a very enjoyable series with a generic plot...as long as other factors are there...

Even some series which have good plot may not have it's plot as selling point...e.g Neon Genesis Evengelion

Everyone who knows Evangelion knows it's plot is rock solid but they still know it's regarded as an all time masterpiece cos of it's play with human psychology...

Even when I started Evangelion, I first thought plot was it's beat point, then later I thought it was the characters...but close to the end I understood it fully and realized why it is regarded as a masterpiece...the last few episodes of the original series...from like episode 16 or so is where it became known for what it is
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2022
Kaycee7:
Going by your stance, AoT isn't plot-focused then, because most people came for Levi.
most people did not come for Levi sir...
Where tf did you get that from lol?

AOT's biggest selling point is it's plot...maybe you came for Levi that's why you said Black Lagoon is better cos your Levi got injured and useless

AOT'S biggest selling point is it's complex plot and neverending twists...
Why AOT is still my best show of all time
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2022
Kaycee7:
part 1 of Jojo is it's weakest part...
So what are you saying about Plot?
Part 2 was carried by the character of Joseph Joestar...
So I don't know which plot you're talking about...
Jojo has never been plot focused....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 12:27pm On Apr 22, 2022
i think we need our resident bad guy to start by explaining the plot of this movie

we can move up from there

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:28pm On Apr 22, 2022
I gave The Last Kingdom 8/10 so far...
(I'm not done yet, still at s4)

But I'm sure you'll later come and say rubbish cos I pointed out some flaws in it...and forget I rated it 8/10

Pointing out flaws doesn't mean a series is bad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:29pm On Apr 22, 2022
Baddestguyp:
most people did not come for Levi sir...
Where tf did you get that from lol?

AOT's biggest selling point is it's plot...maybe you came for Levi that's why you said Black Lagoon is better cos your Levi got injured and useless

AOT'S biggest selling point is it's complex plot and neverending twists...
Why AOT is still my best show of all time
I sometimes forget you don't really intereact with the anime community. Bruh, AoT owes its popularity to Levi.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:29pm On Apr 22, 2022
Baddestguyp:
part 1 of Jojo is it's weakest part...
So what are you saying about Plot?
Part 2 was carried by the character of Joseph Joestar...
So I don't know which plot you're talking about...
Jojo has never been plot focused....
You really need that literature class on plot, like ASAP
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2022
GloriousGbola:
i think we need our resident bad guy to start by explaining the plot of this movie

we can move up from there
you've been talking since but you and the rest haven't said anything worthwhile...
I've made so many points you haven't refuted...instead you just criticize me without refuting my point...

At least say something if you don't agree with me...anyone can throw insults ...
If im wrong correct me intellectually...but instead na just insult and baseless talks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I gave The Last Kingdom 8/10 so far...
(I'm not done yet, still at s4)

But I'm sure you'll later come and say rubbish cos I pointed out some flaws in it...and forget I rated it 8/10

Pointing out flaws doesn't mean a series is bad
Saying ignorant shit is not the same as pointing out flaws.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2022
Kaycee7:
I sometimes forget you don't really intereact with the anime community. Bruh, AoT owes its popularity to Levi.
this is very degrading on AOT...
Levi was the fav character of many until season 4... including me but Levi has never carried AOT sir...

In fact right now...the fav character of most AOT fans are Erwin and Eren...not Levi
Most of AOT fans came for the plot...if you came for Levi...that's for you...
Maybe that's why you don't understand or like AOT cos Levi is useless...

How tf can you cheapen AOT to Levi...bro...tf
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2022
Kaycee7:
Saying ignorant shit is not the same as pointing out flaws.
and what have you said since?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2022
Kaycee7:
You really need that literature class on plot, like ASAP
you've said nothing... nothing at all...
Criticism without substance
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:34pm On Apr 22, 2022
Baddestguyp:
what's all these...?
You lied against me...
I showed proof and you apologized and now you're saying this?

Lmao who's lying against you. grin

Umm I remember I still said I'm sure it was you. Just wasn't sure where I mixed it up.

Talking about Peacemaker I just remembered it was you. Remember how I said you were complaining about the show not having a central plot or in your words "plot focused"? I also said it was an ongoing or concurrent show back then.

Do you know how many people I engage with here on a daily. On different topics. I could mix some things up somewhere.

Even in my admission that it might not be Euphoria I still maintained I'm sure it was you. So who's lying here? undecided stop tripping bruh.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 12:35pm On Apr 22, 2022
Baddestguyp:
you've been talking since but you and the rest haven't said anything worthwhile...
I've made so many points you haven't refuted...instead you just criticize me without refuting my point...

At least say something if you don't agree with me...anyone can throw insults ...
If im wrong correct me intellectually...but instead na just insult and baseless talks

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/moon-knight-episode-4-review/

https://www.avclub.com/moon-knight-review-episode-4-1848815054

those are examples of reviews.

not simplistic one liners - 'the episode was useless' 'it was directed by kids' ' i rate it 0/10'

and FYI, i have not watched a single episode of moon knight. my MO is to wait until the series is done, then watch in one sitting.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:36pm On Apr 22, 2022
Baddestguyp:
this is very degrading on AOT...
Levi was the fav character of many until season 4... including me but Levi has never carried AOT sir...

In fact right now...the fav character of most AOT fans are Erwin and Eren...not Levi
Most of AOT fans came for the plot...if you came for Levi...that's for you...
Maybe that's why you don't understand or like AOT cos Levi is useless...

How tf can you cheapen AOT to Levi...bro...tf

Lol, who TF is Erwin to Levi in terms of popularity. grin cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:36pm On Apr 22, 2022
abduleez1:

Lmao who's lying against you. grin

Umm I remember I still said I'm sure it was you. Just wasn't sure where I mixed it up.

Talking about Peacemaker I just remembered it was you. Remember how I said you were complaining about the show not having a central plot or in your words "plot focused"? I also said it was an ongoing or concurrent show back then.

Do you know how many people I engage with here on a daily. On different topics. I could mix some things up somewhere.

Even in my admission that it might not be Euphoria I still maintained I'm sure it was you. So who's lying here? undecided stop tripping bruh.
and I say again that Euphoria wasn't me...
I didn't watch a single second of Euphoria S2 until it finished airing...
How would I have given opinion on something I haven't watched...

Even till now I haven't watched YOU season 3...
Have you seen me give opinion or rating on it?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:38pm On Apr 22, 2022
abduleez1:

bro... Levi has been insane...like I said he's been my best character for a while with Erwin as second...
But he's been injured so far and since then Erwin has surpassed as my fav character...and I also speak for others...
I know many who watch AOT right now and the memory of Erwin serves as their basis...he's now their fav alongside Eren
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:39pm On Apr 22, 2022
GloriousGbola:

not simplistic one liners - 'the episode was useless' 'it was directed by kids' ' i rate it 0/10'

and FYI, i have not watched a single episode of moon knight. my MO is to wait until the series is done, then watch in one sitting.
so I should write full article before you'll call it review?
I summarize sir ..just like everyone here...
No one here writes full articles
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
abduleez1:

btw what is your take on that Black Lagoon v AOT

No lie abeg grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Leave that guy, dude simply believes he can criticise for criticism sake and not defend his opinion.

There was a day peeps here took him on his word to state the flaws in one movie he rated poorly. Baba couldn't bring solid and salient points to defend his take. He just kept beating around the bush about weak plot and yada yada yada.

Kai, why I get short memory. cry I'm trying to remember the film. I think Nickshrapnel or AnfieldFan calmly asked him to drop points. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 12:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
Baddestguyp:
so I should write full article before you'll call it review?
I summarize sir ..just like everyone here...
No one here writes full articles

you write one liners. empty one liners.

if you say a n episode is 0/10, you should at least be able to expansiate on why?

you can see how everyone is commenting on why they give shawshank redemption 9/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
abduleez1:

Leave that guy, dude simply believes he can criticise for criticism sake and not defend his opinion.

There was a day peeps here took him on his word to state the flaws in one movie he rated poorly. Baba couldn't bring solid and salient points to defend his take. He just kept beating around the bush about weak plot and yada yada yada.

Kai, why I get short memory. cry I'm trying to remember the film. I think Nickshrapnel or AnfieldFan calmly asked him to drop points. grin
the movie is Knives Out ...
And I remember dropping a review after I watched it like 2 years ago...
Someone asked me to bring out the flaws ...
I couldn't find my post from 2 years ago...and I couldn't waste my time rewatching... exactly what I told the guy...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:43pm On Apr 22, 2022
GloriousGbola:

you write one liners. empty one liners.

if you say a n episode is 0/10, you should at least be able to expansiate on why?

you can see how everyone is commenting on why they give shawshank redemption 9/10.
I've been typing way more than y'all since but you keep saying it's one liners
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:44pm On Apr 22, 2022
abduleez1:

answer my question I asked oga
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:46pm On Apr 22, 2022
Baddestguyp:
and I say again that Euphoria wasn't me...
I didn't watch a single second of Euphoria S2 until it finished airing...
How would I have given opinion on something I haven't watched...

Even till now I haven't watched YOU season 3...
Have you seen me give opinion or rating on it?

Calmly read and understand my post.

I just said it's Peacemaker I was mixing with Euphoria.

I easily thought it's Euphoria cos that was the latest series I took time reviewing and remembered people complaining on the plot and lack of focus on a central theme.

I knew you were very vocal about a particular show's plot (not Arcane). I just mistook it for Euphoria.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:47pm On Apr 22, 2022
Baddestguyp:
answer my question I asked oga

What question? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (2980) (2981) (2982) (2983) (2984) (2985) (2986) ... (3853) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.