Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3041) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3767898 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3038) (3039) (3040) (3041) (3042) (3043) (3044) ... (3839) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 7:08pm On May 15, 2022
oyaskii:
Same Movie that was the champion of "Let "original" movies have thier pay day at the cinemas?, I was really surprised when it was available on VOD just a month after the theatrical release, seems that's the only way they were going to make money off it, and i was also uncomfortable with the term "original movie" cuz if you are describing the plot as "The Lion King" esque , then the term "original movie" is clearly been use out of context. I saw the Trailer and i knew the direction they were going and i was thinking they will throw in a surprise somewhere.
Lol, it's basically a retelling of Hamlet set in ancient Scandinavia, with a dash of mysticism and Norse mythology thrown in for good measure. Unoriginal, but it's quite unusual. It and The Lion King are both based on Hamlet, hence the similarities. Objectively, it's a solid revenge epic; unfortunately, moviegoers don't like the unconventional, and have largely ignored it in theatres, hastening the VOD release.

oyaskii:

Man, Movies these days is simply the draw of the luck, and filmmakers these days just throw in a lot of artsy rubbish and see which one sticks.

It is so bad that i have to sieve through alot of absolute garbage flick to find a remotely good one that i can manage, so much so that the best movie i have seen this year that was truly flawless was in January and the movie came out in 2021!. I have been visiting my old list from the early 2000 to around 2015 for my cinematic pleasure now cuz this was the ERA! The good music and movies made within these period were not far between.

But the movies from 2016 downwards have been on a steady decline...
It's not a lack of ideas so much as it is filmmakers giving consumers what they want. One could argue that audiences today are dumber than they were 7, 10, years ago, and that they only pay money to see superheroes, Star Wars, and other nostalgic CGI-heavy sequels. Filmmakers are simply being astute businessmen by capitalising on these flaws. Even when unconventional films like The Northman show up and challenge the status quo, garnering critical acclaim, they are drowned out by pop culture before you can say Jack robbinson. Such is the sad state of modern cinema.

oyaskii:

...and you see this "2022", it's the bottom barrel of them all, absolute rock bottom!

And in a weekend where "Firestarter" and "Senior Year" was released with a combine RT ratings of 42%!, I am afraid...Good movies are indeed a "dying breed"

Yeah, 2022 has been a bad year for movies, which I'm attributing to Covid hangover. Movie studios are pushing their better films forward to avoid low revenue, so I reckon we'll start seeing better productions after June.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:10pm On May 15, 2022
This is a definition of Dead on Arrival

Imo chances of this reboot failing woefully is 98%

How will they try to replace Johnny Depp with her...lmao

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by teeshet: 7:33pm On May 15, 2022
Baddestguyp:

whats so special about margot robbie? Can sb in the house tell me?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 7:38pm On May 15, 2022
The Legend of Tarzan. (2016).
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 7:47pm On May 15, 2022
Please I need like 10 movie recommendation I can watch oooo. I have no idea.

If you are like me looking to see good movies watch:
Jexi
Knives out
The tomorrow war
Late night
Red notice
Enternals
Magnificent
House of Gucci
Edge of tomorrow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 10thDentist: 8:08pm On May 15, 2022
Smartest man alive grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by tunnex190: 8:14pm On May 15, 2022
finalboss:
Morbius 2022. 0/10

You really tried with your rating. If it's possible I am rating it -10/10
It's not a total rubbish but towards the end sucked.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TitanII: 9:49pm On May 15, 2022
Lamanii22:
Can anyone recommend interesting movies on YouTube for me… thank you…

What's Eating Gilbert Grape
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ojialo(m): 11:05pm On May 15, 2022
What's the best season films to watch
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Wanbissaka: 11:21pm On May 15, 2022
Baddestguyp:

D.O.A. johnny deep has this carefree and funny life he brings to the jack Sparrow character. i doubt she can live up to half the expectations
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by konchesky01: 12:10am On May 16, 2022
SOZINN:

People complained about DUNE.
The actual fûck

Dune is so good I had to watch it twice in a row. It has kind of spoit my movie taste bud that I have not since seen a movie that has come close to it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 1:50am On May 16, 2022
The Northman (2022)
I just can't rate dis movie, the movie is good in a bad way ND it's was dark which I like about it also the ending was good tho cus this kind movie can never have a happy ending
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 2:09am On May 16, 2022
The Bubble (2022) 100/100
This is beautiful, unpredictable and funny, the casts did well
Nice Documentary cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ilamina(f): 2:16am On May 16, 2022
Lamanii22:
Can anyone recommend interesting movies on YouTube for me… thank you…
hush 1997

About a crazy white mother in law

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 6:46am On May 16, 2022
I really want to like this movie. In some parts, it's good, but in most parts.... eh. It felt like I was watching an history channel enactment of some viking lore. It's more of a documentary than a film, IMHO.

★ ★ ☆☆☆

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 6:51am On May 16, 2022
blingxx:

This guy get it .. the same pple complaining about the northman and Batman also complained about dune last year Nigerians no get taste in movies

Speaking for my self, these 3 films you mentioned are nothing alike. For instance, I liked Dune, indifferent on The Batman, and disliked The Northman. Liking one doesn't mean that you'll also like the rest.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 6:54am On May 16, 2022
SOZINN:

People complained about DUNE.
The actual fûck

You talk as if it's impossible for people to have different opinions. Some of you can't think broadly enough to understand that we can't all like the same things.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 8:00am On May 16, 2022
The only difference between some people here and the extremists in the Northern part of the country is the ability to write simple English (Comprehension is alien to some though).

The concept of live and let's live is lost on them, must everyone have the same taste as you do?

Movie extremists!

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 8:09am On May 16, 2022
So happy for this...It's doing really well and when it's on VOD, it will absolutely smash...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 8:15am On May 16, 2022
blingxx:

I'm giving "the northman" 8/10 Sha... Because if it protrayal of Norse mythology and ancient Viking culture ..that part where Odin appeared in form of crows looks realistic and scary asf ,I remember playing assassin's Creed Valhalla cheesy i love it sha , if this movie no win Oscar make I bend

Even if it doesn't win it will surely get nominated
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 8:18am On May 16, 2022
Baddestguyp:

To chop huge juicy L dey hungry Disney
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 11:09am On May 16, 2022
⬇️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 11:10am On May 16, 2022
⬇️⬇️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 11:33am On May 16, 2022
DieRich5:
The Northman (2022)
I just can't rate dis movie, the movie is good in a bad way ND it's was dark which I like about it also the ending was good tho cus this kind movie can never have a happy ending

He went to heaven na grin , gladiator didn't have a happy ending either
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:51am On May 16, 2022
**Unrelated**

Pls do anyone here know how to work around Spotify premium sub renewal. I've been trying to renew for two days now all to no avail. It's getting on my nerves already.
I cancelled my sub late February/early March. I want to renew now I'm having issues with both the site and the app. It's same card I used for paying my premium membership since last year.

I remember someone else also made a complain about it here during the Ramadan. See

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Maxcollins042(m): 11:58am On May 16, 2022
nani667:
⬇️⬇️

Please what website is this?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 12:04pm On May 16, 2022
finalboss:
Morbius 2022. 0/10

Odaran ni e grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Maxcollins042(m): 12:23pm On May 16, 2022
Baddestguyp:

Without Johnny Depp carrying the upcoming sequel on his back, the decibel of its box office bombing will make that of a nuclear bomb look like a toy gun's sound effect.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:36pm On May 16, 2022
abduleez1:
**Unrelated**

Pls do anyone here know how to work around Spotify premium sub renewal. I've been trying to renew for two days now all to no avail. It's getting on my nerves already.
I cancelled my sub late February/early March. I want to renew now I'm having issues with both the site and the app. It's same card I used for paying my premium membership since last year.

I remember someone else also made a complain about it here during the Ramadan. See
Use those virtual card of those Fintech or better still

Get SPOTIFY MOD!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Havertz29s: 1:38pm On May 16, 2022
Baddestguyp:

Pirates of the Caribbean without johnny Depp

A Box office nuclear bomb grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 2:20pm On May 16, 2022
The movie is nothing special
Baddestguyp:
Am I the only one who hasn't watched the old Avatar movie?

Now I get to binge watch both
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 2:21pm On May 16, 2022
clear copy is not yet avaliable
Gr8lex:
Link to this movie, anybody?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3038) (3039) (3040) (3041) (3042) (3043) (3044) ... (3839) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.