Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3063) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3799624 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3060) (3061) (3062) (3063) (3064) (3065) (3066) ... (3851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:33pm On May 26, 2022
Karleb:

NWH may not be a masterpiece but it's a good movie.

When movies get released, the first waive of watchers will review, spoil and rate it to those who haven't seen it. If it's bad, then number of the next waive of watchers get reduced and so on. This is irrespective of the marketing strategies. It's the reason why we check ratings before watching a movie, the reason for a thread like this.

A lot of people just want to enjoy and unwind at the theater. Give them a fairly decent movie and they will watch even with plot holes.

Ever wonder why people still watch Bollywood, even nollywood? We just want entertainment.

True...
That's why I can still watch average or even lame movies...
It's just 2 hours...even if it has mediocre plot

It's when it comes to series that I won't watch anything that isn't either a masterpiece or is very good

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 5:34pm On May 26, 2022
Kaycee7:
Goes deeper to where? What determines the success?

Dude is talking about arthouse projects

An art film (or art house film) is typically an independent film, aimed at a niche market rather than a mass market audience.[1] It is "intended to be a serious, artistic work, often experimental and not designed for mass appeal",[2] "made primarily for aesthetic reasons rather than commercial profit",[3] and contains "unconventional or highly symbolic content".[4]
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 5:35pm On May 26, 2022
Kaycee7:
Film that didn't even break even is what you're saying made good money. Dey try rest small. No be everytime cho cho cho

Comerade the decibels of your violence is high this evening and I'm here for it cheesy

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 5:38pm On May 26, 2022
oyaskii:
Backtracking now...classical symptom of FOMO...Hmmm....Shoot me your Top 5 Michelle Yeoh flick....i want to check something.
Tai Chi Master and Silver Hawk was my favorite back dem
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 5:40pm On May 26, 2022
you no mention Crouching Tiger undecided

DieRich5:
Tai Chi Master and Silver Hawk was my favorite back dem

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:41pm On May 26, 2022
Purpl3:

Comerade the decibels of your violence is high this evening and I'm here for it cheesy
rest biish angry angry angry grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 5:41pm On May 26, 2022
Baddestguyp:
rest biish angry angry angry grin grin grin

Never cheesy grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 5:42pm On May 26, 2022
MJBOLT:

Una just wan set this guy up undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:45pm On May 26, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Dude is talking about arthouse projects

If he was talking about arthouse projects, he should specify that. Oscar bait movies are judged by the awards they're nominated for and win, after all. But majority of movies are commercial at the end of the day. So making a statement like "A film is not judged by its box office performance" and then failing to specify what it's supposed to be judged by, is a moot point.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:55pm On May 26, 2022
Kaycee7:
Film that didn't even break even is what you're saying made good money. Dey try rest small. No be everytime cho cho cho
Wtf is this vawulence I'm seeing. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aflix(m): 6:00pm On May 26, 2022
Ray Liotta, star of the goodfellas just passed on at the age of 67. May his soul Rest In Peace embarassed cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 6:01pm On May 26, 2022
MJBOLT:

lol, this one still bad too
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 6:08pm On May 26, 2022
Kaycee7:
If he was talking about arthouse projects, he should specify that. Oscar bait movies are judged by the awards they're nominated for and win, after all. But majority of movies are commercial at the end of the day. So making a statement like "A film is not judged by its box office performance" and then failing to specify what it's supposed to be judged by, is a moot point.

You know not everyone na intellectual like you na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:11pm On May 26, 2022
blingxx:

They are afraid it would flop , it's a gamble Sha. And finding the right actor won't be easy I would recommend Jared Butler as kratos bcus of his role as leonaidas in 300 but dude is too old now .. and only an idiot would recommend Dwayne Johnson grin

Who wouldn't be afraid of it flopping. It's a video game adaptation after all. And they're the most risky business in Hollywood. It's only in the last 4yrs that video game movies have been performing decently in the box office and reviews.

Presently, only streamers like Netflix and Amazon are the ones with the funds to produce a budget intensive adaptation as risky as God of War. That movie or even series will need nothing less than $180mn for production.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:16pm On May 26, 2022
MJBOLT:
Ratatouille

Racacoon. grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:23pm On May 26, 2022
Baddestguyp:
my guess...
Some people are tired not only of MCU but of the entire genre itself...
But they can't resist watching the movies cos of aggressive marketing...

grin

Tell me about yourself without explicitly saying you talking about yourself. undecided
You go just say na FOMO dey worry u, no be all this side talk.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 6:30pm On May 26, 2022
that Gorr picture be like who dey force sh1t comot for yansh undecided

abduleez1:

Tell me about yourself without explicitly saying you talking about yourself. undecided
You go just say na FOMO dey worry u, no be all this side talk.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:33pm On May 26, 2022
Everything Everywhere All at Once:
I decided to rate this movie, even though I had made up my mind not to rate movies. Just watch, enjoy and move the fvck on.

But you see this movie? This one right here? This is black comedy at its finest. Fucxxxxxx!!!

9.5/10 mehn!!!!!! I haven't enjoyed a movie quite so much in a long time. Very funny, touching, thrilling, captivating etc etc

I'm watching it again tomorrow. I hardly ever rewatch movies but this one is 'da bumb' like someone said on Nairaland grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:37pm On May 26, 2022
MJBOLT:
that Gorr picture be like who dey force sh1t comot for yansh undecided

Lmao...
Constipation. grin grin

The main reason I use the pic. E too funny.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 6:39pm On May 26, 2022
Ishilove:
Everything Everywhere All at Once:
I decided to rate this movie, even though I had made up my mind not to rate movies. Just watch, enjoy and move the fvck on.

But you see this movie? This one right here? This is black comedy at its finest. Fucxxxxxx!!!

9.5/10 mehn!!!!!! I haven't enjoyed a movie quite so much in a long time. Very funny, touching, thrilling, captivating etc etc

I'm watching it again tomorrow. I hardly ever rewatch movies but this one is 'da bumb' like someone said on Nairaland grin

Came for the story stayed for the Love Machine fight
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:46pm On May 26, 2022
Lol, who needs an evil Pooh. grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 6:51pm On May 26, 2022
abduleez1:
Lol, who needs an evil Pooh. grin

It's just a parody of some sort

Disney has the rights to pooh for now and they will not let this happen
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:57pm On May 26, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Came for the story stayed for the Love Machine fight
Buhaha! That scene was hilarious cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 7:02pm On May 26, 2022
First look at super girl's suit in the DCEU.
Well, this is more mature than what they gave us in the series. undecided
Good work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:05pm On May 26, 2022
so they really want to replace Superman with Supergirl undecided

SOZINN:
Good work.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:07pm On May 26, 2022
SOZINN:
Good work.

Who draw this girl like dis na. Why she come ugly. undecided undecided

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:09pm On May 26, 2022
GloriousGbola:

You know not everyone na intellectual like you na.
No dey gas me up, comrade. Na only First School Leaving I hold laidis grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:09pm On May 26, 2022
GloriousGbola:

It's just a parody of some sort

Disney has the rights to pooh for now and they will not let this happen

Nah, Disney lost the rights. Its a public domain character now. Anyone can adapt it now. Same as Pinnochio which Guillermo Del Toro is directing, set to release later this year. Same as last year's Cinderella.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 7:17pm On May 26, 2022
abduleez1:

Nah, Disney lost the rights. Its a public domain character now. Anyone can adapt it now. Same as Pinnochio which Guillermo Del Toro is directing, set to release later this year. Same as last year's Cinderella.

I see. My Google fu is off. I read they have the rights till 2026

And Disney is doing everything they can to extend rights indefinitely angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 7:19pm On May 26, 2022
MJBOLT:
so they really want to replace Superman with Supergirl undecided

No, I don't think so.
Apparently flash ran to some universe or timeline and found her. There is also a scene of the flash conversing with himself. Maybe after everything the flash will go back to his normal timeline and everything will go back to normal.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:30pm On May 26, 2022
GloriousGbola:

I see. My Google fu is off. I read they have the rights till 2026

And Disney is doing everything they can to extend rights indefinitely angry

Yeah. They definitely doing everything to keep the rights of the rest, even in perpetuity of possible. Na how Mickey Mouse go be I dey reason. grin Disney has been having serious frictions with lawmakers since this year.

R rated Mickey Mouse Gon be sweet. grin cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:40pm On May 26, 2022
Sony about to do the Lord's work grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3060) (3061) (3062) (3063) (3064) (3065) (3066) ... (3851) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.