Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,005 members, 7,866,808 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:45 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3086) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3842102 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3083) (3084) (3085) (3086) (3087) (3088) (3089) ... (3866) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 11:56pm On Jun 12, 2022
⬇️➕

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 5:53am On Jun 13, 2022
HUSTLE (2022) 8/10

Adam Sandler pulled this one off
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:56am On Jun 13, 2022
GloriousGbola:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It is fantastic for air support.

Yep.
Just wondered why they stopped producing the aircraft. I heard the airforce is against its continued production and wants new aircrafts replacing it and slowly phased it out. I heard hundreds of them where put in storage. GEJ regime tried to get some back then but they refused.

They'll most likely replace it with the A-29 Super Tucano or the Textron Scorpion.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:57am On Jun 13, 2022
ShaqFu:

If you haven't watched Top Gun: Maverick please do and tell me your thoughts.

You'll hear almost the same nonsense Dominic Toretto always use to say. grin

Family?? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 9:32am On Jun 13, 2022
abduleez1:

Family?? grin
Not exactly. "It's not the car, but who's behind the wheel". In Top Gun: Maverick, it's "it's not the plane, it's who's flying it". Lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Arizoner: 10:40am On Jun 13, 2022
Do vampires bleed? And if yes whats the color?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:03am On Jun 13, 2022
ShaqFu:
Not exactly. "It's not the car, but who's behind the wheel". In Top Gun: Maverick, it's "it's not the plane, it's who's flying it". Lol

Oh I see.
At times it's true that the individual operating the aircrafts matters but at times that analogy turns to shït.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 11:29am On Jun 13, 2022
There's so much to unpack here. The last time I was here,I bashed someone who called "the Northman" a snooze fest

I know those who oppose her views are gonna be like "she's been in a lot of these popcorn flicks, i mean wasn't she in suicide squad?". A studio's job is to make money, their hobby is to make art. The problem isn’t escapism, the problem is greed. Once upon a time we had all kinds of movies throughout the year, now the studios want their blockbusters and then a serious movie for Oscar consideration. They’ve forgotten about smaller, personal projects. A little suspension of reality is good for your mental health by living vicariously through the onscreen characters.Unfortunately, mass production for the purpose of mass consumption leads to mediocrity and drama which exaggerates action and human experience.
Escapism for a generation raised on video games and online gaming is stories of vengeance and bloodlust covered in colorful caped uniform superheroes and psychopathic villains.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:51am On Jun 13, 2022
Arizoner:
Do vampires bleed? And if yes whats the color?
vampires are fiction...
They bleed whatever the author wants

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:53am On Jun 13, 2022
Stonecoldstare1:
There's so much to unpack here. The last time I was here,I bashed someone who called "the Northman" a snooze fest

I know those who oppose her views are gonna be like "she's been in a lot of these popcorn flicks, i mean wasn't she in suicide squad?". A studio's job is to make money, their hobby is to make art. The problem isn’t escapism, the problem is greed. Once upon a time we had all kinds of movies throughout the year, now the studios want their blockbusters and then a serious movie for Oscar consideration. They’ve forgotten about smaller, personal projects. A little suspension of reality is good for your mental health by living vicariously through the onscreen characters.Unfortunately, mass production for the purpose of mass consumption leads to mediocrity and drama which exaggerates action and human experience.
Escapism for a generation raised on video games and online gaming is stories of vengeance and bloodlust covered in colorful caped uniform superheroes and psychopathic villains.
popcorn movies are what they are...
I watch and forget them 30mins later...

But good movies are what I remember afterwards and even rewatch in part or in full

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 11:55am On Jun 13, 2022
Baddestguyp:

But good movies are what I remember afterwards and even rewatch in part or in full

Honest question here, how do you watch a movie and forget them so soon, were you not paying attention?

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 12:21pm On Jun 13, 2022
Baddestguyp:

Thank you very much. I had to re-evaluate my movie choices years ago. Don't get me wrong escapism is great but the balance between escapism and realism should be edged out.
One of the reasons I rarely comment on this forum is because majority of the movies discussed here are indeed the popcorn flicks.
I miss the days of Koicereloaded and Jeromeblack.......at least Abduleez1, Kaycee, Nick, Oyaskii, Pu7ple, Nani(wifi king) and the others are still here,even Dande is back
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:09pm On Jun 13, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
Honest question here, how do you watch a movie and forget them so soon, were you not paying attention?
cos they lack depth...
They aren't worth remembering...
I watch a lot of things...no space for popcorn movies...

I watch them and delete...
All I remember afterwards is my opinion on them and my rating...I may not even remember the plot sef...

Especially 90% of superhero movies and dumb flicks like Fast and Furious...
Most don't have anything worth sticking to my memory

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:12pm On Jun 13, 2022
Funny how I can't remember the plot of any fast and Furious movie...
I've watched them all but nothing comes to my mind when I think of then except stunts, most of which I've forgotten

Same thing for superhero movies...aside a few, I can't even remember anything about the marvel movies...even all the avengers I can't remember anything about their plot

Exceptions: Infinity War, End Game, Dark Knight trilogy, Joker,

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2022
Me and you both....
Baddestguyp:
Funny how I can't remember the plot of any fast and Furious movie...
I've watched them all but nothing comes to my mind when I think of then except stunts, most of which I've forgotten

Same thing for superhero movies...aside a few, I can't even remember anything about the marvel movies...even all the avengers I can't remember anything about their plot

Exceptions: Infinity War, End Game, Dark Knight trilogy, Joker,
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lusid: 1:37pm On Jun 13, 2022
Baddestguyp:

popcorn flicks like James bond, Mission impossible, The dark Knight trilogy, Harry Potter, Lord of the rings pls clarify before I pounce on you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 1:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
Baddestguyp:
cos they lack depth...
They aren't worth remembering...
I watch a lot of things...no space for popcorn movies...

I watch them and delete...
All I remember afterwards is my opinion on them and my rating...I may not even remember the plot sef...

Especially 90% of superhero movies and dumb flicks like Fast and Furious...
Most don't have anything worth sticking to my memory
I don’t think there is any movie I’ve seen that I don’t remember the plot, I guess different folks…
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 1:56pm On Jun 13, 2022
oyaskii:
Off topic:.....FB is another mad place cheesy cheesy
LMAO!

The west is encouraging this woke nonsense
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 1:57pm On Jun 13, 2022
Chibudollar:
he looks like a female here, with the way the world is now he might have start forming transgender like the rest mad people out there
Nope. He looks like a pretty man
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2022
abduleez1:

U suppose chop cane for this.
Na Top Gun you dey sleep on. sad

Well, maybe it's cos of my love for military equipment and weaponry. The main reason I joined nairaland in the first place. It's slow at first for peeps who ain't interested in that stuff. But it's gold for enthusiasts.
I tried... I tried so HARD to go past the first 15 minutes but flesh was willing but the spirit was very uninterested.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lusid: 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
I don’t think there is any movie I’ve seen that I don’t remember the plot, I guess different folks…
Tenet? If you lie I will summon thunder for you. I'm worse than thor
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lusid: 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2022
Ishilove:

I tried... I tried so HARD to go past the first 15 minutes but flesh was willing but the spirit was very uninterested.
does your spirit watch alot of mount Zion films?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lusid: 2:25pm On Jun 13, 2022
Morbius
So I just finished watching the much talked about morbius and I have a few pertinent questions to ask.
1. What is the essence of police in a vampire movie? Can they stop vampires?
2 Why shoot a vampire when you know he's immune to bullet?
3. Do vampires really fly?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 2:28pm On Jun 13, 2022
lusid:
Tenet? If you lie I will summon thunder for you. I'm worse than thor
I remember it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2022
lusid:
Morbius
So I just finished watching the much talked about morbius and I have a few pertinent questions to ask.
Being a vampire doesn't put you above the law. I remember the case of one vampire that was fined in the UK for buying & drinking elven blood while underage. The legal age for drinking elven blood in the UK is 200 years.

2. Why shoot a vampire when you know he's immune to bullet?
Some vamps are vulnerable to gunfire. Also the person could've forgot they weren't packing silver or wooden bullets and just fired out of desperation. Most rookies in anti-vampire task forces usually make this mistake, according to CNN reports on Europe and South Asia.

It depends on the race really. Had this vampire friend who could run at massively hypersonic speeds but couldn't fly. He said flying vampires were common in mountainous regions where they evolved to traverse those areas easily.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lusid: 2:37pm On Jun 13, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
I remember it
liar. ibagbalagbala komalikilokomgba strike him
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lusid: 2:47pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kaycee7:
Being a vampire doesn't put you above the law. I remember the case of one vampire that was fined in the UK for buying & drinking elven blood while underage. The legal age for drinking elven blood in the UK is 200 years.

Some vamps are vulnerable to gunfire. Also the person could've forgot they weren't packing silver or wooden bullets and just fired out of desperation. Most rookies in anti-vampire task forces usually make this mistake, according to CNN reports on Europe and South Asia.

It depends on the race really. Had this vampire friend who could run at massively hypersonic speeds but couldn't fly. He said flying vampires were common in mountainous regions where they evolved to traverse those areas easily.
thanks for making me laugh. lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kaycee7:

grin

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:52pm On Jun 13, 2022
lusid:
popcorn flicks like James bond, Mission impossible, The dark Knight trilogy, Harry Potter, Lord of the rings pls clarify before I pounce on you.
popcorn movies are movies that lack depth in plot or themes or character development

Dark Knight trilogy, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings are not popcorn movies

Mission Impossible is one but I still love it so much

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:53pm On Jun 13, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
yep we different...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:55pm On Jun 13, 2022
lusid:
Morbius
2 Why shoot a vampire when you know he's immune to bullet?
stop wasting your time, Morbius is not worth all these thinking...
It's just another movie but worse...from reviews, it's not even good enough to be considered dumb fun
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:02pm On Jun 13, 2022
AnfieldFan:

grin
To be one with the Vawulence, you must learn.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3083) (3084) (3085) (3086) (3087) (3088) (3089) ... (3866) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: a4turitoroman and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.