Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,810 members, 7,844,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3092) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3799547 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3089) (3090) (3091) (3092) (3093) (3094) (3095) ... (3851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 5:03pm On Jun 16, 2022
oyaskii:
I particularly don't have a problem with non-binary people, the world is tough enough, so everyone is entitled to do whatever makes he/she/they happy.

But the paradigm shift all this is about to/ already cause/causing is going to surely cause a headache in all spheres of life as we know it. This is has already rendered all our basic English and part of speech lessons invalid.
It's the confusion I'm talking about, imagine that I have google about someone before I make a statement about him or her. If I'm seeing a single person in front of me, I can't address that person as I see him/her without having to check about that person. That's some serious headache
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 5:04pm On Jun 16, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
Ezra actually don’t mind if the singular pronoun is used.
If only it would be so for the others
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 5:25pm On Jun 16, 2022
oyaskii:
I particularly don't have a problem with non-binary people, the world is tough enough, so everyone is entitled to do whatever makes he/she/they happy.

But the paradigm shift all this is about to/ already cause/causing is going to surely cause a headache in all spheres of life as we know it. This is has already rendered all our basic English and part of speech lessons invalid.
Let us stop encouraging mental illness. We are either male or female, gay, straight or bi. If you want to be 'non-binary' then cut off your distinguishing sex organs. The world is encouraging every stupid whim, which is why all these nonsense is cropping up.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Delacroix6(m): 5:25pm On Jun 16, 2022
mirinder:
Freedom is limited

Maybe, maybe not.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 5:27pm On Jun 16, 2022
abduleez1:
Updates...

This year's Venice Film Festival looks great.
Is that Uma Thurman? She looks like a different person entirely

Isn't Hemsworth too tall to play Hulk?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 5:36pm On Jun 16, 2022
Ishilove:

Too tall? I think Hulk is even taller than Hemsworth.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2022
Ishilove:

Let us stop encouraging mental illness. We are either male or female, gay, straight or bi. If you want to be 'non-binary' then cut off your distinguishing sex organs. The world is encouraging every stupid whim, which is why all these nonsense is cropping up.
The discourse is a very slippery one for me and i try to avoid it in public space or fora as much as possible. If people are onboarding gays and bi's now (at least according to you), don't Non-binary folks get a pass on this ride too? There's a long list of people waiting to board this train too e.g agender, two spirit, pansexual, trans, pangender etc.

So my point being, I'm not encouraging anyone to identify as anything as that's thier personal choice but i wouldn't want them ostracized or prosecuted for that choice either.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 6:02pm On Jun 16, 2022
oyaskii:
The discourse is a very slippery one for me and i try to avoid it in public space or fora as much as possible. If people are onboarding gays and bi's now (at least according to you), don't Non-binary folks get a pass on this ride too? There's a long list of people waiting to board this train too e.g agender, two spirit, pansexual, trans, pangender etc.

So my point being, I'm not encouraging anyone to identify as anything as that's thier personal choice but i wouldn't want them ostracized or prosecuted for that choice either.
walai I have a problem with those non binary people or whatever they call themselves, anything unusual with the way it usually is never sits right with me. Those people have serious mental issues but they don't know it yet, funniest part is that you can't even speak about these things nowadays for the fear of getting cancelled. That was how I was reading on Twitter about a man that now identifies as a woman marrying a woman that also used to identify as a man or something like that isn't that mental illness. All in all the world has gone nuts.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:10pm On Jun 16, 2022
oyaskii:

So if it is my personal choice to identify as a horse and it becomes a fad, are we going to encourage it too?

See, these people need psychiatric help and rather than counsel them, the world is pandering to their whims and mollycoddling mental instability. It is a dangerous precedent
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:41pm On Jun 16, 2022
Ishilove:

Is that Uma Thurman? She looks like a different person entirely

I dunno, she looks almost quite the same except with age. The eyes and lips look same as well as the cheekbone.

Hulk Hogan is slightly taller than Hemsworth.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dazzlingd(m): 8:14pm On Jun 16, 2022
Don't breathe 2
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 8:14pm On Jun 16, 2022
DieRich5:
is Barbie a man
It's her so not gay boyfriend Ken with plantinum frosted hair which surprised me because all the Ken dolls I know had him with brown hair
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 8:16pm On Jun 16, 2022
JackBizzle:

Does the actor write the script? Is the actor an author? Does the actor know the motivation of the author?

Does the actor know the director's ambition outside the actor's part of the script?

There is a reason why many actors turn out to be shitty directors
Please re read the post I made about today's art of moviemaking
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:37pm On Jun 16, 2022
abduleez1:

I dunno, she looks almost quite the same except with age. The eyes and lips look same as well as the cheekbone.

Nah, she looks completely different. I could barely recognize her. Old age is a jaded mistress, it's lazy but inevitable.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lymelyte(m): 9:28pm On Jun 16, 2022
Please I need a movie recommendation like Lucy,inception,any mind-blowing movie or TV series.. Abeg..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:31am On Jun 17, 2022
lymelyte:
Please I need a movie recommendation like Lucy,inception,any mind-blowing movie or TV series.. Abeg..
Chimera

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:50am On Jun 17, 2022
abduleez1:
Lightyear
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lymelyte(m): 9:08am On Jun 17, 2022
NeoWanZaeed:

Chimera
chimera strain?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:02am On Jun 17, 2022
abduleez1:

Hulk Hogan is slightly taller than Hemsworth.
I had no idea Hulk was so tall. I thought he was like 5'10 or 5'11 at the most
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 11:03am On Jun 17, 2022
abeg who sabi link to download this movie - The Witch: Part 2. The Other One
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:04am On Jun 17, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
Too tall? I think Hulk is even taller than Hemsworth.
That's news to me. I grew up thinking Hulk was slightly above average height.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:58am On Jun 17, 2022
Ishilove:

I had no idea Hulk was so tall. I thought he was like 5'10 or 5'11 at the most

Dude's really tall o. 6ft7in
It's just too much muscles that makes him look shorter. There's a way body builders amass lean muscles that over time they start to look shorter cos of too much muscles.

A leaner person usually looks taller than a robust person.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 12:13pm On Jun 17, 2022
MJBOLT:
The movie was just released theatrically two days ago in Korea.. worldwide release would take a while.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 12:32pm On Jun 17, 2022
abduleez1:

It's just too much muscles that makes him look shorter. There's a way body builders amass lean muscles that over time they start to look shorter cos of too much muscles.

Hulk Hogan's real height is around 6"4...His billed height is 6"7... Wrestling do men strong thing that year shaa grin grin...This could also possibly be because he's lost a few inches...
But your point about muscles making someone look shorter than they are is apt..

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 1:53pm On Jun 17, 2022
abduleez1:

If Hogan is 6'7, then I'm a vampire. cheesy

I've seen Mark Calaway (The Undertaker), who is 6'7, tower over him.

Hogan is 6'3-4, roughly the same height as Dwayne Johnson.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 1:58pm On Jun 17, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Hulk Hogan's real height is around 6"4...His billed height is 6"7... Wrestling do men strong thing that year shaa grin grin...This could also possibly be because he's lost a few inches...

It reminds me of how WWE billed CM Punk as a heavyweight despite the fact that he was only 185 pounds in real life. cheesy grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 2:36pm On Jun 17, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

It reminds me of how WWE billed CM Punk as a heavyweight despite the fact that he was only 185 pounds in real life. cheesy grin

grin grin

To be fair though, I'm confident Hogan was 6"7 on a very good day 30 years ago.. Comparisons with Andre, Kane and Taker support this..But he's shrunk after procedures...
He's exact billed height was 6"8...

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 2:37pm On Jun 17, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

If Hogan is 6'7, then I'm a vampire. cheesy

I've seen Mark Calaway (The Undertaker), who is 6'7, tower over him.

Hogan is 6'3-4, roughly the same height as Dwayne Johnson.

He's shrunk a bit here...

This was 30 years ago and they were seemingly around the same height...

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:43pm On Jun 17, 2022
MJBOLT:
is the part 2 out?

I've only seen the part 1
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 2:55pm On Jun 17, 2022
MJBOLT:
part 2 is out shocked

The Korea site I know don't have it
Mk I go download part1 first keep cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (3089) (3090) (3091) (3092) (3093) (3094) (3095) ... (3851) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.