Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3098) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3767708 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3095) (3096) (3097) (3098) (3099) (3100) (3101) ... (3839) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 3:30pm On Jun 19, 2022
MJBOLT:
What is a woman?
drop link pls
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2022
Korra the last avatar
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:41pm On Jun 19, 2022
OhBritannia:
Well perhaps my expectations of the movie was too high so it didn't live up to expectations.
You know the last viking show we all watched was the sequel, so going from the sequel to this northman movie, you can actually tell Why the movie didn't impressed me.
The northman movie looks like a low budget viking series with just few selected casts.
The way the storyline was told wasn't catchy.
It feels rushed, there were no build up, no character development.
It's like they even have to jump lots and lots of scenes.
It isn't as deep as the series.
This is why i said using movies to tell any Viking story will be at a disadvantage because of the time factor.
It's like telling the story of John snow and the mother dragon in a movie.
You already know the movie is already at a disadvantage.
Because the series already had cult followers so they are surely going to frown at the movie.
The whole point is that, it's not all stories that can be made into a movie.
They should leave and free some stories for series and not try make a movie from it.
Imagine making the story of the Michealson in original into a movie?
It Just won't make sense because these stories requires depts which the movie can't cover.

Catchy!! That's more like it. It didn't give you the bloated epic feeling, the warring factions, the numerous characters to root for, the heroic character, the fight for redemption or redemption arc, the fight for dominance or glory etc. It was simply basic and a more personal affair. Thats what you'd say you didn't like about it. Not the pretense.

You can tell any story on any medium, be it animation or live action of any story if it's done properly and with finesse.

This analogy of lengthy stories being told properly in only TV format is fallacious. It depends on the people involved and how they go about it.
Movies like The Lord of The Rings puts this opinion to shïts. LOTR is a lengthy as fvvk storyline with many eras and ages with stroylines encompassing thousands of years, yet the movies dominated the box office and awards during its time. And most people would agree it was a well adapted trilogy from the books.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Anny505(m): 3:41pm On Jun 19, 2022
pu7pl3:

Guy no be the film dey annoy you, check well.

I know say na crypto dey vex my man but I no know why him dey carry him frustration and vexation put on top innocent movie and actors grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 3:48pm On Jun 19, 2022
abduleez1:

Catchy!! That's more like it. It didn't give you the bloated epic feeling, the warring factions, the numerous characters to root for, the heroic character, the fight for redemption or redemption arc, the fight for dominance or glory etc. It was simply basic and a more personal affair. Thats what you'd say you didn't like about it. Not the pretense.

You can tell any story on any medium, be it animation or live action of any story if it's done properly and with finesse.

This analogy of lengthy stories being told properly in only TV format is fallacious. It depends on the people involved and how they go about it.
Movies like The Lord of The Rings puts this opinion to shïts. LOTR is a lengthy as fvvk storyline with many eras and ages with stroylines encompassing thousands of years, yet the movies dominated the box office and awards during its time. And most people would agree it was a well adapted trilogy from the books.

we are saying the same thing.
I know about the lords of the ring.
The lord of the rings was first of it's kind when it comes to that source material so it's different.
But the northman isn't the first source of material.
And you can't compare the lord of the rings to the northman, even the part one of the lord of the ring alone has dept, it has character development, it's like telling a story,
So it's different.
My point is that the northman is something They made just for little money and just for the sake of making a movie and not something they made for awards.

This is just my point.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:57pm On Jun 19, 2022
DieRich5:
WTF, ur saying Korra beta pass Roku undecided

Absolutely
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
abduleez1:

Sensei, teach these Younglings YOUR WAYS!!! grin grin grin

I'm just a simple man who worships in the church of Vawulence. cheesy wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
OhBritannia:
we are saying the same thing.
I know about the lords of the ring.
The lord of the rings was first of it's kind when it comes to that source material so it's different.
But the northman isn't the first source of material.
And you can't compare the lord of the rings to the northman, even the part one of the lord of the ring alone has dept, it has character development, it's like telling a story,
So it's different.
My point is that the northman is something They made just for little money and just for the sake of making a movie and not something they made for awards.

This is just my point.

Wo guy, rest. You're contradicting yourself. undecided
You were saying some stories are better left for TV format and I'm telling you it's not. Depends on who is behind it and how it is adapted using LOTR as an example.
Their are many adaptations to use from: Maze runner, The Hunger Games and Dune (2021)

Amleth, the main character had depth. He developed from a sheltered boy, loved by his parents to one loosing both parents and having to force himself to become a ruthless and unflinching killing machine with no remorse. Set with one goal, revenge. He came to love another and was made to get the feeling of emptiness after learning of his mum's betrayal and her not loving him like he used to. Forced to choose between his thirst for revenge or life with his family.

Contrary to your opinion, the Northman was made for awards or critical acclaim cos it's very loved by movie critics. If it's made for money, surely the movie would look more like The Last Kingdom and Vikings. Vinland Saga and Last Kingdom are almost the same except one being animation. Vikings and it's spinoff sequel are literally the same despite being adapted from different eras and different societal norms.
Your issue is it being different from the regular content you're used to.

I no get strength. Got too many things to watch too little time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 4:25pm On Jun 19, 2022
Dierich5,this is the link.

oyaskii:
For those asking for the "What is a Woman" Docu link.

Here it is
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=133hmgShKTznoTfNc2x3wT39Zc60Wv2K5&export=download
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 4:39pm On Jun 19, 2022
Make I use this one take hold body.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by eyizlive(m): 4:45pm On Jun 19, 2022
Happy sundays guys, watch this and enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUTPMbe09b8
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 4:54pm On Jun 19, 2022
Achilles100:
Make I use this one take hold body.

Updated

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2022
Anny505:

I know say na crypto dey vex my man but I no know why him dey carry him frustration and vexation put on top innocent movie and actors grin

I talk am grin
Cos e no fit be movie wey go dey vex you like that grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:02pm On Jun 19, 2022
Achilles100:

Updated

Since I've been saying I'll download and rewatch this lord of the rings I've not done it sad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 5:08pm On Jun 19, 2022
pu7pl3:

Since I've been saying I'll download and rewatch this lord of the rings I've not done it sad

Me too o. I don search for better movies, nothing good to watch.

Hence we going back in time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
oyaskii:
Got my movie mojo back this past week and the 3 movies i picked didn't disappoint.

Hustle (2022) Adam Sandler made a triumphant return to the movie scene after a 2 year hiatus delivering a charming and heart warming performance in this Basketball drama.

Father Stu (2022) Mark Wahlberg delivers in a somewhat Christian drama. Became tacky towards the end but redeemed Itself and it was a wholesome watch.

Cha Cha Real Smooth (2022) Cooper Raiff's 2nd feature deals with "the Aimlessness of Adolescence". Those awkward years stuck in no man's land..no longer a teen but too young to be called an adult. The world movies fast but what happens if we don't move with it? Cha Cha Real Smooth is a victory beacause of it's ability to capture these fleeting moments in a way that feels genuine.

The chemistry between Cooper Raiff and Dakota Johnson was so charming and was a shining light in the entire movie.

In a time when indie movies are a dying breed, I loved Cha Cha Real Smooth on the first watch, curious to see how it will feel seeing it a second time.

Adam Sandlers last two projects have been very intriguing to me. Hustle and UNcut Gems. Love 'em both.

I have Father Stu on my office system, I have Cha Cha Real Smooth on my phone. Will finish seeing them before wednesday sha...hopefully.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
pu7pl3:

Me too. I sha know I'll definitely rewatch before I join the show.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:27pm On Jun 19, 2022
eyizlive:
Happy sundays guys, watch this and enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUTPMbe09b8

Movie rants and they didn't add this one?

the prosecution is not gonna get that man today. No! Because I'm gonna get him! My client, the Honorable Henry T. Fleming, should go right to fuckin' jail! The son of a bitch is guilty! This man is guilty! That man, there, that man is a slime! He is a slime! If he's allowed to go free, then something really wrong is goin' on here! That man is guilty! That man, there, that man is a slime! he is a *slime*! If he's allowed to go free, then something really wrong is goin' on here!

Mr. Kirkland you are out of order!

You're out of order! You're out of order! The whole trial is out of order! They're out of order! That man, that sick, crazy, depraved man, raped and beat that woman there, and he'd like to do it again! He *told* me so! It's just a show! It's a show! It's "Let's Make A Deal"! "Let's Make A Deal"! Hey Frank, you wanna "Make A Deal"? I got an insane judge who likes to beat the shit out of women! Whaddya wanna gimme Frank, 3 weeks probation?...

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:30pm On Jun 19, 2022
abduleez1:

I'll try and do it...this adult life ain't easy sha.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2022
Kaycee7:
Absolutely
alright, both of dem get dere own issues
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2022
abduleez1:

Na me and you plan am that year na...look at us grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2022
MJBOLT:
Dierich5,this is the link.

thanks mate
The trailer is just too funny, people re just mad

A man with long d**k is saying he's not a man but can't explain how He's a woman undecided

U don see link to the witch 2 ? the one wey I see na only watch online but I never check if na really the movie Sha........ I'll check leta
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:52pm On Jun 19, 2022
OhBritannia:
The northman is 1/10 for me.
Coming from a series lover like i am that have seen great viking series like vikings, last kingdom and the new viking sequel.
Don't blame me if i have rated the movie northman just 1/10.
I think anybody that have seen series like vikings and last kingdom will understand why i feel this northman movie Is trash.

Producers should just leave any viking, northman or danes methodology for series.
Movies won't work at all
Northman is not like Vikings and Last Kingdom...
I've said this before that Northman focuses more on Viking lore and themes...

It is more grounded in their beliefs and myths and practices than The Last Kingdom, Vinland Saga and Vikings series...
And that is why it bore you...

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2022
DieRich5:
Korra the last avatar
what happened to it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 5:56pm On Jun 19, 2022
⬇️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 6:20pm On Jun 19, 2022
Baddestguyp:
what happened to it
Korra ended the Avatar Cycle so she's the last avatar of the past cycle ND started a new one which she will be the first tongue

I hate her for dat
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:35pm On Jun 19, 2022
DieRich5:
Korra ended the Avatar Cycle so she's the last avatar of the past cycle ND started a new one which she will be the first tongue

I hate her for dat
Unavaatu literally beat those past lives out of her but sure, blame and hate her for it. Maybe we should blame and hate Aang for getting hit by Azula's lightning and almost ending the avatar cycle entirely.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 6:41pm On Jun 19, 2022
Kaycee7:
Unavaatu literally beat those past lives out of her but sure, blame and hate her for it. Maybe we should blame and hate Aang for getting hit by Azula's lightning and almost ending the avatar cycle entirely.

he hates her for carrying on on her own. without the support and guidance of generations of avatars
does he understand the courage projected here?
from halfway down the line, any of the avatars had it easy - just do a google search through the numerous avatars on how to solve a problem or challenge

the loss of those lives means every last move korra made going forward, would literally be rewriting the entire book, and remaking the mistakes of those who came before her

i go just resign and end the line there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 7:09pm On Jun 19, 2022
Kaycee7:
Aang own is kind of different, she was manipulated tongue

Unavaatu was the most powerful villain in avatar so I won't blame her dat much sha cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:15pm On Jun 19, 2022
DieRich5:
Aang own is kind of different, she was manipulated tongue

Unavaatu was the most powerful villain in avatar so I won't blame her dat much sha cheesy
Aang own is kinda stupid, considering that he was carelessly floating in full view and attack sight of a room full of enemies in a state he'd been told was critical to the avatar cycle. And nobody even manipulated him. Just made himself target practice of his own freewill
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
pu7pl3:

Na me and you plan am that year na...look at us grin

grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2022
GloriousGbola:

he hates her for carrying on on her own. without the support and guidance of generations of avatara
does he understand the courage projected here?
from halfway down the line, any of the avatars had it easy - just do a google search through the numerous avatars on how to solve a problem or challenge

the loss of those lives means every last move korra made going forward, would literally be rewriting the entire book, and remaking the mistakes of those who came before her

i go just resign and end the line there.
Aang didn't had it easy bro, korra knew 3 bending when she was still a kid

Aang learn from dere past mistake dats why he's the best avatar, the wrld is now different so any avatar after korra will just be useless somehow

(1) (2) (3) ... (3095) (3096) (3097) (3098) (3099) (3100) (3101) ... (3839) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.