Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,205 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3749247 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3254) (3255) (3256) (3257) (3258) (3259) (3260) ... (3834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamL(f): 10:17am On Oct 13, 2022
Anikulapo 4/10.

Le.Femme.Anjola. 8.5/10: In as much as I don't like nollywood movies This deserves an Oscar nomination.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 11:09am On Oct 13, 2022
omoowhe:
Where did you download from
MLWBD or MKVKING
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 11:10am On Oct 13, 2022
Ode to My Father.....10/10

A korean masterpiece.
Very emotional.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints1: 11:25am On Oct 13, 2022
louiskay:
You can also watch - Top Gun and Top Gun maverick both by Tom Cruise.

Looking forward to watch more awesome Tom cruise movies
vanilla sky, mission impossible 1-7, jack reacher, american made, eyes wide shut, jerry Maguire, minority report,edge of tomorrow, last samurai, the mummy etc
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:27pm On Oct 13, 2022
Thirst......9/10

This is prime cinema from Korea. It's a somewhat erotic thriller but it's way more than that. Also has horror baked in its theme. They was a few comedy or silly moments to get you laughing real hard.

Acting is top notch and the writing is lit AF. I honestly didn't expect it to be this good. The ending was a bloody good twist.
Movie is one curious case to the phrase "fear women". grin

Werewolf by Night ......5.5/10
Another mid stuff from marvel. Just there.

Entergalactic .......8/10
Great stuff from Netflix. Very enjoyable and entertaining adult animation. Great visuals as well as good & simple storytelling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:43pm On Oct 13, 2022
This is how you confirm how big an oaf Zaslav is...

Why scrap them and lay ppl off already when you're going to be forced to do a U-turn.
This guy na dunce pro max.

In two years time, WBD will be dead by the time this man is through with his financial decisions and programming cost cutting.

Just proves he's incompetent, knows jack shït about entertainment business, racist, misogynistic, hates variety and very white!!

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:56pm On Oct 13, 2022
I'm happy people are seeing the beauty of Korean movies...
I discovered them around 2020 and found gold...

Back then I used to think Korean movies were girly love iish like a lot of their series...till I started watching them...

I watched so many great Korean movies in the span of few months...I kept watching and watching, couldn't stop

Koreans have their style...I love how their movies have a lot of complexity to them...
Not the basic movies that even kids will understand...most of their movies have depth

Unfortunately some people still think anything that isn't Hollywood isn't good...

As someone said, if you can get past the simple lines of text in reading a subtitle, you'll open yourself to so much more media to enjoy...
Be it movies, series or anime... Asians are really good at storytelling
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:09pm On Oct 13, 2022
One key thing I also consider in movies is emotional attachment...
Movies are just 2 hours long but where you can create such a good emotional attachment of your audience to characters...that is great...

Koreans are damn good at that

One reason I'm not a fan of actors like Ryan Reynolds and Dwayne Johnson's acting...
They are good actors...yes
And it's not just about playing same characters repeatedly...it's cos I don't feel anything watching their movies...

Even their back stories are pushed to the side quickly and are made jokes of...
Nothing is ever serious...I cannot relate or put myself in the characters shoes while watching, I cannot connect to them at all ...I cannot root for them at all

Many Hollywood movies are guilty of this...
That's why I highly rate the ones that aren't...
I'm so glad I watched Interstellar this year...

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Katcall: 2:15pm On Oct 13, 2022
Urban Legend: Final cut

Sore moment: When the killer knocked lisa unconscious and removed her kidney while still alive. I was pleading blood of Jesus, blood of jesus over. Holyghost fire. Not my portion, not my portion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ilamina(f): 2:23pm On Oct 13, 2022
School ties, matt damon is so cute
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Katcall: 2:31pm On Oct 13, 2022
Baddestguyp:

Back then I used to think Korean movies were girly love iish like a lot of their series...till I started watching them...

I watched so many great Korean movies in the span of few months...I kept watching and watching, couldn't stop

Koreans have their style...I love how their movies have a lot of complexity to them...
Not the basic movies that even kids will understand...most of their movies have depth

Unfortunately some people still think anything that isn't Hollywood isn't good...

As someone said, if you can get past the simple lines of text in reading a subtitle, you'll open yourself to so much more media to enjoy...
chinawood is still king
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PUMPIN11(m): 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2022
1. The luckiest girl alive
2. Treason

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aflix(m): 3:36pm On Oct 13, 2022
Ilamina:
School ties, matt damon is so cute
Seems you are on aMatt Damon movie spree :. I love the guy as well.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2022
cool grin
DC fans will be eating good
Henry Cavill in Black Adam post credits scene

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by louiskay(m): 5:45pm On Oct 13, 2022
sprints1:
vanilla sky, mission impossible 1-7, jack reacher, american made, eyes wide shut, jerry Maguire, minority report,edge of tomorrow, last samurai, the mummy etc

I personally have not watched two movies from what you listed. I'm abig fan of cruise.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 6:17pm On Oct 13, 2022
Baddestguyp:

Do you think that you are the only one that watches Asian movies?
Before Korean movies became popular, there were Japanese movies.

Hollywood is still the best at storytelling

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Brokeloser: 6:44pm On Oct 13, 2022
Katcall:
Urban Legend: Final cut

Sore moment: When the killer knocked lisa unconscious and removed her kidney while still alive. I was pleading blood of Jesus, blood of jesus over. Holyghost fire. Not my portion, not my portion
This is definitely the funniest thing I've read today
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:51pm On Oct 13, 2022
abduleez1:
Thirst......9/10

This is prime cinema from Korea. It's a somewhat erotic thriller but it's way more than that. Also has horror baked in its theme. They was a few comedy or silly moments to get you laughing real hard.

Acting is top notch and the writing is lit AF. I honestly didn't expect it to be this good. The ending was a bloody good twist.
Movie is one curious case to the phrase "fear women". grin

Werewolf by Night ......5.5/10
Another mid stuff from marvel. Just there.

Entergalactic .......8/10
Great stuff from Netflix. Very enjoyable and entertaining adult animation. Great visuals as well as good & simple storytelling.

Heard alot about this "Thirst" let me download it and "Hunt" once and for all.

It's the 2009 thirst abi?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:55pm On Oct 13, 2022
Catwoman hunted
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:51pm On Oct 13, 2022
pu7pl3:

Heard alot about this "Thirst" let me download it and "Hunt" once and for all.

It's the 2009 thirst abi?

Yep the 2009 own. I've had it on my watchlist for years now. Downloaded it since April and na this past weekend I just summon courage watch am.

Na the erotic theme and nudity make me download am in the first place. grin One month like that wey na erotic movies I dey find.

Never knew it'd have much nuance and complexity in the movie.

I downloaded Hunt two days ago but I never watch. Na today I been wan watch am but na sleep I dey fire since morning.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:56pm On Oct 13, 2022
abduleez1:

Yep the 2009 own. I've had it on my watchlist for years now. Downloaded it since April and na this past weekend I just summon courage watch am.

Na the erotic theme and nudity make me download am in the first place. grin One month like that wey na erotic movies I dey find.

Never knew it'd have much nuance and complexity in the movie.

I downloaded Hunt two days ago but I never watch. Na today I been wan watch am but na sleep I dey fire since morning.

I've downloaded Hunt too...let me go and look for that Thirst on Pahe
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ilamina(f): 9:43pm On Oct 13, 2022
Immortals(2011)

Just so boring

Too dark and slow

Prefer troy

And other greek movies like clash of the titans
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:28pm On Oct 13, 2022
Baddestguyp:
cool grin
DC fans will be eating good
Henry Cavill in Black Adam post credits scene
I thought DC fans would be hyped when I posted this...
But DC fans no dey this thread at all? Lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:34pm On Oct 13, 2022
Baddestguyp:

it's not news...we been knew, so the excitement here wouldn't be that much.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:12am On Oct 14, 2022
Baddestguyp:

Lmfao.... This ain't news.

We knew this several weeks back. So hardly anyone is going to react the way you expecting.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:15am On Oct 14, 2022
Positive early reactions so far for Black Adam....

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 2:04am On Oct 14, 2022
These ones na promoters lol. I've watched tons of reactions on YouTube. Black Adam no go do pass "C".
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:33am On Oct 14, 2022
abduleez1:
Positive early reactions so far for Black Adam....
just saying you can't trust these paid promoters...

Just like one Matt like that on twitter that calls every Marvel movie the best Marvel movie yet...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:34am On Oct 14, 2022
Breaking: Avatar Studios has found its animation studio! Flying Bark (Rise of the TMNT movie, Marvel Studios' What If?) will animate the 2D Avatar films coming to theaters starting 2024, the first of which follows the Gaang as young adults!

Theater release confirmed but I'm surprised they're just finding an animation studio...anyway it shouldn't take more than a year max to animate the movie

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by elijahakodu(m): 4:30am On Oct 14, 2022
Best Yoruba Movies to watch
The movie revolves around a cloth weaver and chick-magnet, Saro (Kunle Remi). We first meet him when he comes to Oyo Ile for the first time, hoping to find work prospects. Instead he finds warmth in the experienced loins of an older woman (played by Sola Sobowale, surprisingly and gratefully sans hysteria). A series of events lead Saro to the king’s palace, where he is at once taken by Queen Arolake’s (Bimbo Ademoye) beauty. She is the king’s dissatisfied last and youngest wife who feels out of place in the palace. Soon she and Saro begin a forbidden romance.
https://moviezstreamer..com/2022/10/anikulapo-2022.html

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:58am On Oct 14, 2022
Ryan Reynolds bringing my first Christmas present for this year. It's starting to look merry already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp_getipjgE

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:38am On Oct 14, 2022
Baddestguyp:
just saying you can't trust these paid promoters...

Just like one Matt like that on twitter that calls every Marvel movie the best Marvel movie yet...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3254) (3255) (3256) (3257) (3258) (3259) (3260) ... (3834) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: whogatti and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.