Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,423 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:02 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3999340 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3421) (3422) (3423) (3424) (3425) (3426) (3427) ... (3914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:48pm On Feb 18, 2023
You can as well call it a magic system at this point...
But even at that it will be regarded as some of the worst since they have literally no explanation or rules on how they work

Examples of comic book bullshรฎt:

Nanotech
Quantum physics
Quantum realm

I've trashed the Multiverse concept before so I will leave that for now grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:48pm On Feb 18, 2023
Baddestguyp:
lmao...

Okay, i mistook you for Karleb since I wasn't checking usernames

Point still stands
You didn't mistake shii, you are only trying to spin like exposed DM after a brisk counter attack.....point still stands that your theory is that of a nut case โœŒ๏ธ

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:52pm On Feb 18, 2023
๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:53pm On Feb 18, 2023
Baddestguyp:
funny cos Dr Strange did...
What if did
Agents of Shield did

If you go into the comics you'll have tons of titles...

If we add the second plot device that is "Nanotech"...๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Dr. Strange dealt with the Multi-verse and not the Quantum Realm. The Quantum Realm is a portion of the Multiverse which Dr. Strange hasn't been to.

Next?

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:53pm On Feb 18, 2023
oyaskii:
You didn't mistake shii, you are only trying to spin like exposed DM after a brisk counter attack.....point still stands that your theory is that of a nut case โœŒ๏ธ
I mistook usernames...

Someone admitted something...I replied...then you quoted my reply...
I thought I was talking to the same person all along...
The post is there...
I mentioned the username...

Stop crying
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:57pm On Feb 18, 2023
oyaskii:
Dr. Strange dealt with the Multi-verse and not the Quantum Realm. The Quantum real is a portion of the Multiverse which Dr. Strange hasn't been to.

Next?
who mentioned visiting?
Was it or was it not referred to?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:58pm On Feb 18, 2023
Baddestguyp:
I mistook usernames...

Someone admitted something...I replied...then you quoted my reply...
I thought I was talking to the same person all along...
The post is there...
I mentioned the username...

Stop crying
He didn't admit anything wrong, he was trying to expose your ineptitude which flew past your head.

Not crying.... just here with the enough time to expose your fraudulence โœŒ๏ธ.

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:01pm On Feb 18, 2023
oyaskii:
He didn't admit anything wrong, he was trying to expose your ineptitude which flew past your head.

Not crying.... just here with the enough time to expose your fraudulence โœŒ๏ธ.
nah...you're crying

Excerpt since you find it hard to read:
What knowledge of Quantum physics do you have to make these claims? I am asking this nicely.

Generally, not so much is known about Quantum physics, so there's no way they would write a correct movie that tally with reality, at least I'm not expecting such from them.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:02pm On Feb 18, 2023
Lmao...
Can't remember every shiitty popcorn movie so I had to google

Isn't this Dr Strange I see here? grin

MCU fanboys doesn't even know about it
Just like how he doesn't know anything about Quantum physics or quantum realm or Nanotech

Afterall MCU fanboys just swallow anything given to them...who needs explanation when you're an MCU fanboy grin grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:03pm On Feb 18, 2023
Baddestguyp:
nah...you're crying

Excerpt since you find it hard to read:
What knowledge of Quantum physics do you have to make these claims? I am asking this nicely.

Generally, not so much is known about Quantum physics, so there's no way they would write a correct movie that tally with reality, at least I'm not expecting such from them.
Now, post your reply to this post, let see if it made sense or in the tiny bit coherent.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:07pm On Feb 18, 2023
oyaskii:
Now, post your reply to this post, let see if it made sense or in the tiny bit coherent.
if you cannot discern that the writer himself admitted not knowing much about Quantum physics and quantum physics not being properly explained or developed in the universe...
Then I can't help you

It's a similar situation to the Multiverse concept...
"we don't need to explain or develop it because the excuse is "not much is known about the Multiverse concept/ Quantum Realm"

What a lazy excuse...lmao grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:08pm On Feb 18, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Lmao...
Can't remember every shiitty popcorn movie so I had to google

Isn't this Dr Strange I see here? grin

MCU fanboys doesn't even know about it
Just like how he doesn't know anything about Quantum physics or quantum realm or Nanotech

Afterall MCU fanboys just swallow anything given to them...who needs explanation when you're an MCU fanboy grin grin grin
Lifted this of a fan site. The ancient one sent Dr. Strange's consciousness to various verse including the Quantum Realm, it wasn't the bane of the movie. Now your argument was Quantum Realm used to cover up bad plot and i still stand that only Ant-man and Endgame has had it as the bane of thier plot.

Next.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:09pm On Feb 18, 2023
oyaskii:
Lifted this of a fan site. The ancient one sent Dr. Strange's consciousness to various verse including the Quantum Realm, it wasn't the bane of the movie. Now your argument was Quantum Realm used to cover up bad plot and i still stand that only Ant-man and Endgame has had it as the bane of thier plot.

Next.
did it appear or did it not appear?

Of course I lifted it off a fan site...I don't keep every detail about mediocre popcorn movies in my head...
I only have space for serious media

That's why I'm not an MCU fanboy grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:10pm On Feb 18, 2023
Baddestguyp:
if you cannot discern that the writer himself admitted not knowing much about Quantum physics and quantum physics not being properly explained or developed in the universe...
Then I can't help you

It's a similar situation to the Multiverse concept...
"we don't need to explain or develop it because the excuse is "not much is known about the Multiverse concept/ Quantum Realm"

What a lazy excuse...lmao grin
You are going in circles...so let me leave you be, cuz there's clearly no pov that will make you understand. Peace and light โœŒ๏ธ.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:11pm On Feb 18, 2023
oyaskii:
You are going in circles...so let me leave you be, cuz there's clearly no pov that will make you understand. Peace and light โœŒ๏ธ.
nah bro...
Please don't leave...

Come and explain Quantum physics and Quantum Realm for us...
Give us all the rules of these...
Tell us how it works...

When you're done, explain the rules of the Multiverse for us too

As an MCU fanboy, it shouldn't be that hard, should it? grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:14pm On Feb 18, 2023
Baddestguyp:
nah bro...
Please don't leave...

Come and explain Quantum physics and Quantum Realm for us...
Give us all the rules of these...
Tell us how it works...

When you're done, explain the rules of the Multiverse for us too

[b]As an MCU fanboy, it shouldn't be that hard, should it? grin grin

[/b]
You clearly don't know me on these streets, if you have the time, check my last 3 reviews MCU movies on this thread, heck that is too far, check my review on the Antman movie we have been banging about and let me know if it's the writings of a fanboy.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:16pm On Feb 18, 2023
oyaskii:
You clearly don't know me on these streets, if you have the time, check my last 3 reviews MCU movies on this thread, heck that is too far, check my review on the Antman movie we have been banging about and let me know if it's the writings of a fanboy.
okay even if you're not...
Come and explain...

We need to know the rules...
I'm sure the rules are consistent and being followed right?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by neztar: 11:37pm On Feb 18, 2023
Brazen

From the stables of Netflix comes this mid level crime thriller. First of all, its an indie movie, and these kind of film can either be a hit or a miss. For me, its a mix
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 12:29am On Feb 19, 2023
abduleez1:
Babylon (2022)....... 8.5/10

After seeing this movie I'm wondering how critics and audience gave it so very low scores. The easiest answer is that they were just turned off by the _oยฎgy, elephant shรฏt scene early on, grittiness and nudity. Also the edginess of the movie was it's major downfall. Guess, people don't always like movies that drifts too much in the extreme and doesn't conform with the status quo.

In some years from now, maybe 5-10 yrs, this film would become a Cult Classic and would become looked on more fondly than what it is today. It deserved better.

The entire cast delivered a superb performance especially the three main actors. It was a very gritty take on Hollywood's earliest era before the industry transitioned to "sound pictures" away from "silent films". The Cinematography was good, also noticed Damien Chazelle's love for the "whip pan" transition in between his performers and music. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Robbie's performance I dare say was Oscar worthy. Same could also be said for Diego Calva.

At least, with the film earning Golden Globes nominations for Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie and Diego Calva, even winning Golden Globes Best Original Score. It was recognised for its quality at least, even if some critics wants to pretend otherwise. It's a long watch with a 3hr runtime, but it's worth it.

The funny thing is I was incredibly sleepy this afternoon when I wanted to watch the film due to late night browsing. I was almost sure I'd sleep and continue later. Surprised I lasted even up to an hour and still completed the film without hiccups.
That's how captivating the film was. 4+ hrs well spent.

A movie I can tell critics and audiences to go fvvk themselves. ๐Ÿ˜Ž Easily one of the best movies of 2022.
I agree. Very few actors were able to successfully transition from silents to 'talkies', and while many didn't end the way Pitts character did, their careers floundered and eventually died when they couldn't cope.

I enjoyed every bit of the movie... Well, except for the รณrgy at the beginning. It was just plain nasty
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:30am On Feb 19, 2023
WHITELIGHTER:

She's 44 now...

Yeaaaa......
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:44am On Feb 19, 2023
Ishilove:

I agree. Very few actors were able to successfully transition from silents to 'talkies', and while many didn't end the way Pitts character did, their careers floundered and eventually died when they couldn't cope.

I enjoyed every bit of the movie... Well, except for the รณrgy at the beginning. It was just plain nasty

New technology like that is a disruptor, especially when it starts to questions someone's skills to the core.
I guess, the sound pictures era was when peeps like Marilyn Monroe broke out and prolly Hedy Lamarr.

The ending of the film really pained me sha, I almost reduced it's score cos I was getting angry all of them main actors got fvvked. ๐Ÿ˜ค Cos I had already been seeing signs that this was not an heppy ending story and sensing Conrad's suicide, I prevented myself from getting too invested in their plights. ๐Ÿ˜ข

That รถrgยฅ was premium tho. ๐Ÿ˜‰ And I can bet my last kobo it was what out people off. Especially the self righteous ones. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:46am On Feb 19, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Let me wait for the Dune sequel before I give Butler any flower

I'm also awaiting his next performances and hope he doesn't let me down.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:47am On Feb 19, 2023
Gone Girl (2014)....... 8.5/10

This is a damn good murder mystery/ psychology thriller from David Fincher. And man sure knows how to direct and evoke emotions.

Rosamund Pike basically killed the role as a psychotic calculating manipulative partner. She definitely deserves the Oscar nomination for this work. Ben Affleck did a brilliant job as well. Kudos to Carrie Coon for also delivering another layer of variety including Tyler Perry โ€” his character was refreshing and dude really know how to act. Wonder why he just sticks to shitty TV projects these days.

There is no way in hell I'm spending another week with a psychopath like that under the same roof. After knowing about her game and twarting her plans, definitely there'll be a way to nail her for something or escaping her clutches.

So I just spent my whole day watching incredible depressing movies. No happy ending.....๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:33am On Feb 19, 2023
abduleez1:

This is a damn good murder mystery/ psychology thriller from David Fincher. And man sure knows how to direct and evoke emotions.

Rosamund Pike basically killed the role as a psychotic calculating manipulative partner. She definitely deserves the Oscar nomination for this work. Ben Affleck did a brilliant job as well. Kudos to Carrie Coon for also delivering another layer of variety including Tyler Perry โ€” his character was refreshing and dude really know how to act. Wonder why he just sticks to shitty TV projects these days.

There is no way in hell I'm spending another week with a psychopath like that under the same roof. After knowing about her game and twarting her plans, definitely there'll be a way to nail her for something or escaping her clutches.

So I just spent my whole day watching incredible depressing movies. No happy ending.....๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ
David Fincher Supremacy ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ..Glad he has a movie out this year. Rosamund Pike fully bodied the role, save for Julianne Moore's excellent familial Alzheimer's disease portrayal in Still Alice (2014), she could have gotten the Oscar Best actress nod that year. So sad she doesn't seem to take up more roles since then.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:54am On Feb 19, 2023
abduleez1:

New technology like that is a disruptor, especially when it starts to questions someone's skills to the core.
I guess, the sound pictures era was when peeps like Marilyn Monroe broke out and prolly Hedy Lamarr.

The ending of the film really pained me sha, I almost reduced it's score cos I was getting angry all of them main actors got fvvked. ๐Ÿ˜ค
That รถrgยฅ was premium tho. ๐Ÿ˜‰ And I can bet my last kobo it was what out people off. Especially the self righteous ones. ๐Ÿ˜‚
You just spoiled the movie by giving out important information of one of the key characters embarassed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WHITELIGHTER: 7:41am On Feb 19, 2023
abduleez1:

This movie is supposed to have a sequel
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:05am On Feb 19, 2023
armadeo:

I'll like to see this.

It wont take long before it's release. Apple TV+ has been really impressing me with their content this past year. Their commitment to purely original content is admirable. Top Quality at that.

They've got a few more movies and TV shows I'm really interested in seeing this year. ie Martin Scorsese's "Killers of the Flower Moon", Ridley Scott's "Napoleon", Liaison, Sharper etc.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:15am On Feb 19, 2023
Ishilove:

You just spoiled the movie by giving out important information of one of the key characters embarassed

Ahh, no vex.... That last 30 mins really pained me. ๐Ÿ˜ข
I just didn't think much people really cared for the film in this thread apart from Margot Robbie being in it and flopping financially. The ones that cared don first me watch film since, I'm just a latecomer.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by EniyanNla: 8:17am On Feb 19, 2023
Ant man quantumania 6/10 - average quantum bullsht

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:24am On Feb 19, 2023
oyaskii:
David Fincher Supremacy ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ..Glad he has a movie out this year. Rosamund Pike fully bodied the role, save for Julianne Moore's excellent familial Alzheimer's disease portrayal in Still Alice (2014), she could have gotten the Oscar Best actress nod that year. So sad she doesn't seem to take up more roles since then.

The man na Agba cookist. ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ™Œ.... Found out last night that he had a movie this year โ€” The Killer. It's among the November killer slate and didn't know it was from him. Surely it's an awards flavoured film.
The man is really obsessed with gritty, dark and disturbingly psychological depressing films. ๐Ÿ˜
My all time best from him has to be Se7en.

Yeah, I knew that with that kind of performance from Rosa, someone had to do a better or martian performance to beat her out of that Best Actress Award. Might check out "Still Alice" some time.
Yea, she's really reduced her output.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 9:36am On Feb 19, 2023
John Dies at the End (2012).....8

Tried their best to bring the source material to life and succeeded somewhat.

+++++++

The Belko Experiment (2016).....8

Written by James Gunn, it's a well paced claustrophobic/survival horror about US expats trapped in a government building and forced by their employer to partake in a brutal social experiment.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by myami: 9:51am On Feb 19, 2023
abduleez1:

The man na Agba cookist. ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ™Œ.... Found out last night that he had a movie this year โ€” The Killer. It's among the November killer slate and didn't know it was from him. Surely it's an awards flavoured film.
The man is really obsessed with gritty, dark and disturbingly psychological depressing films. ๐Ÿ˜
My all time best from him has to be Se7en.

Yeah, I knew that with that kind of performance from Rosa, someone had to do a better or martian performance to beat her out of that Best Actress Award. Might check out "Still Alice" some time.
Yea, she's really reduced her output.
do you know Ms Pike has featured in the James Bond franchise before?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3421) (3422) (3423) (3424) (3425) (3426) (3427) ... (3914) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.