Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3782523 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3479) (3480) (3481) (3482) (3483) (3484) (3485) ... (3843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:05pm On Apr 10, 2023
abduleez1:
I always assumed WB premiumly lagging behind in the anime adaptation game and might be leapfrogged in the next IP battle. Guess I was wrong. But this titles they working with they somehow. And it's been long anyone heard stuff about AOT live action. 🤨 And wetin Waititi name dey do for something serious like dis?? 😐

But how person wan get Akira like dis when Ghost in a Shell na beans? 🤔
are WB the ones who did Alita: Battle Angel?

I don't think Akira is coming anytime soon...
And I doubt they'll do it well

Same as another Ghost in the Shell movie...if they make GITS as complex as the original work, it will be hard to casuals to understand it...so it won't work as a blockbuster movie...
If they water it down, GITS fans will hate it

I don't know anything about Cells at Work

I don't see an AOT movie coming in the next 10 years sef...
1st of all, it's a terrible choice to make an AOT movie to cover the whole of S1...plus the CGI would need a very large budget to make it not look as silly as the Japanese one
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:27pm On Apr 10, 2023
Baddestguyp:
the original point was about Hollywood in general...so yeah either movies/TV shows...it's all Hollywood

I love how you added the word "street" to separate it.
What would you call the gangs in Gangs of London?
The gangs that use helicopters

Intercontinental is a "gang/criminal organization"
I used that exact phrase in my first post about Intercontinental some pages ago

Not every gang needs to be some local street gang. There are criminal gangs that operate in multiple countries... Intercontinental is one of such

It's understandable that you cannot remember every single fighting style used. I myself had to Google to remember tho...and I'm not even an expert in them tbh
Well I and the screenrant post have specifically mentioned Kung Fu being used in Chapter 3 by John Wick himself...
Even the post had about 15 different fighting styles used in the John Wick franchise

Most movie directors incorporate multiple fighting styles as you already know.
Matrix also incorporated multiple fighting styles

I ain't watched Gangs of London yet but from what I can infer from online chatter about it, it's a black gangster show.

Being a gangster organisation doesn't necessarily mean they somehow don't have international reach in some limited capacity. Based on my understanding, John Wick don't really have the themes to be classified a gang movie. It's more or less a crime movie. And[b] "gangster films" are a subgenre of "Crime movies".[/b]

Purely Gangster movies mostly base their themes or setting in locality and hardly venture international. Examples are the Italian Mafia trope or the Japanese Yakuza. Sure they have some little international reach but they majorly focused on their local community of operation. So there's always turf wars, street battle for control and some illegal business to compete in, battle with law enforcement etc.

John Wick doesn't have this. The only thing linking the film to a semblance of gang stuff is just the criminal organisation. Thus the Wick franchise is crime movie. Moreso than a "gangster movie".
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:36pm On Apr 10, 2023
Baddestguyp:
are WB the ones who did Alita: Battle Angel?

I don't think Akira is coming anytime soon...
And I doubt they'll do it well

Same as another Ghost in the Shell movie...if they make GITS as complex as the original work, it will be hard to casuals to understand it...so it won't work as a blockbuster movie...
If they water it down, GITS fans will hate it

I don't know anything about Cells at Work

I don't see an AOT movie coming in the next 10 years sef...
1st of all, it's a terrible choice to make an AOT movie to cover the whole of S1...plus the CGI would need a very large budget to make it not look as silly as the Japanese one

Alita was made by 20th Century Fox now under Disney's banner. Akira and Cell's at Work are the two projects I believe might be produced within the next 5 years.

AOT project is dead to me... It's seeing you peeps discussing a while ago brought it to my radar and the continuous talk about it from this scooper.
That project was in the works when the old regime was there and it's been a while we've heard anything relating to it. So it's kaboom to me.

I believe Hollywood are better with CGI than any movie industry so if they do decide to make such film, VFX won't be an issue. I've always found Asian CGI funny looking. Even this upcoming "Knights of The Zodiac" trailer I saw, the CGI looks cartoonishly funny to me even tho it looks like normal Hollywood superhero kinda theme.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
😜

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:39pm On Apr 10, 2023
Interesting cast...

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:40pm On Apr 10, 2023
abduleez1:

Alita was made by 20th Century Fox now under Disney's banner. Akira and Cell's at Work are the two projects I believe might be produced within the next 5 years.

AOT project is dead to me... It's seeing you peeps discussing a while ago brought it to my radar and the continuous talk about it from this scooper.
That project was in the works when the old regime was there and it's been a while we've heard anything relating to it. So it's kaboom to me.

I believe Hollywood are better with CGI than any movie industry so if they do decide to make such film, VFX won't be an issue. I've always found Asian CGI funny looking. Even this upcoming "Knights of The Zodiac" trailer I saw, the CGI looks cartoonishly funny to me even tho it looks like normal Hollywood superhero kinda theme.

Alita deserves a sequel...I hope we get one in the future

I hope the AOT movie is also dead. I want an AOT live-action but a proper one. A movie cannot do anything Justice...and I know they aren't ready to spend heavy on CGI

Hollywood have better CGI but would they spend much on AOT CGI? I doubt...unless when such effects improve and become cheaper in future...
Because even Marvel with unlimited budget are struggling in CGI department recently (although theirs is also as a result of time constraints)

It almost feels as if the CGI in recent Hollywood movies are going backwards rather than forward
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:42pm On Apr 10, 2023
What y'all think?.... With this movie list, it looks Aquaman is set to be the blockbuster holiday offering. 😌

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:44pm On Apr 10, 2023
abduleez1:

I ain't watched Gangs of London yet but from what I can infer from online chatter about it, it's a black gangster show.

Being a gangster organisation doesn't necessarily mean they somehow don't have international reach in some limited capacity. Based on my understanding, John Wick don't really have the themes to be classified a gang movie. It's more or less a crime movie. And[b] "gangster films" are a subgenre of "Crime movies".[/b]

Purely Gangster movies mostly base their themes or setting in locality and hardly venture international. Examples are the Italian Mafia trope or the Japanese Yakuza. Sure they have some little international reach but they majorly focused on their local community of operation. So there's always turf wars, street battle for control and some illegal business to compete in, battle with law enforcement etc.

John Wick doesn't have this. The only thing linking the film to a semblance of gang stuff is just the criminal organisation. Thus the Wick franchise is crime movie. Moreso than a "gangster movie".
watch Gangs of London first...
These guys use military grade equipment
They have professional assassins etc

They used Helicopters to carry out an assasination...
Even the fights seem like Military and Espionage trained fights sometimes

If you're talking local criminal gangs like the mafia or other street gangs like the ones in Power or Peaky Blinders...then that is quite different from The Continental

But The Continental is still a criminal gang, just not like these local gangs...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 11:45pm On Apr 10, 2023
Baddestguyp:
how hard is it for you to comprehend this simple statement:

John Wick utilizes multiple fighting techniques including: Gun Fu, Kung Fu, karate, ji jitsu, etc

How hard is it? How hard is it? How hard?
You're too dvmb tbh
actually you're way dumber and much too stupid to even comprehend how you became so stupid to even understand your earlier position.

Anybody with a semblance of sense that is a shade above yours can see where you tried to deviate, you low budget oaf.

https://www.nairaland.com/1549406/what-movie-watching-now/3478#122426109

A simple click on that link will expose your lies like the one your empty head keep trying to feed us who have a discerning mind.

You're truly a foolish fool. What a shame.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:47pm On Apr 10, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Alita deserves a sequel...I hope we get one in the future

I hope the AOT movie is also dead. I want an AOT live-action but a proper one. A movie cannot do anything Justice...and I know they aren't ready to spend heavy on CGI

Hollywood have better CGI but would they spend much on AOT CGI? I doubt...unless when such effects improve and become cheaper in future...
Because even Marvel with unlimited budget are struggling in CGI department recently (although theirs is also as a result of time constraints)

It almost feels as if the CGI in recent Hollywood movies are going backwards rather [url][/url]than forward

Nah, that's the movies or TV you watched.
Most of this talk is coming mostly cos of the unlimited trash MCU has been dishing out lately.

Top Gun Maverick, Avatar 2, Dune, The Batman, The Mandalorian, The Sandman all have premium CGI.

They would splash the cash if they confident in it. I mean Alita was given a $150-200mn budget despite being a high risk project.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 11:49pm On Apr 10, 2023
I asked a simple question: which Hollywood gang movie did they fight Kung Fu. The deviating loser listed Warrior, gangs of London and John Wick, when called out to inhale the putrid fumes emanating from his lies, the loser quickly shifted the goal post by saying John Wick uses multiple fighting martial art style.

What a twisted lying scoundrel.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:52pm On Apr 10, 2023
abduleez1:

Nah, that's the movies or TV you watched.
Most of this talk is coming mostly cos of the unlimited trash MCU has been dishing out lately.

Top Gun Maverick, Avatar 2, Dune, The Batman, The Mandalorian, The Sandman all have premium CGI.

They would splash the cash if they confident in it. I mean Alita was given a $150-200mn budget despite being a high risk project.
Alita really had 150m budget?
I just checked...170m...wow

MCU has been having a problem with the CGI lately...so many controversies regarding that

The important thing for me is keeping the story intact...I don't mind minor changes but I don't want a deviation from the AOT story
A movie cannot just do S1 Justice at all
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
ShaqFu:
actually youre way dumber and much too stupid too stupid to even comprehend how you became so stupid to even understand your we earlier position.

Anybody with a semblance of sense that is a shad above yours can see where you tried to deviate, you low budget oaf.

A simple click on that link will espose your lies like the one your empty head keeping trying to feed us who have a discerning mind.

You're truly a foolish fool. What a shame.
I'm honestly getting tired of responding to your stvpidity

I should just ignore you

Grow up
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:55pm On Apr 10, 2023
ShaqFu:
I asked a simple question: which Hollywood gang movie did they fight Kung Fu. The deviating loser listed Warrior, gangs of London and John Wick, when called out to inhale the putrid fumes emanating from his lies, the loser quickly shifted the goal post by saying John Wick uses multiple fighting martial art style .

What a twisted lying scoundrel.
what is Kung Fu?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:20am On Apr 11, 2023
Baddestguyp:
watch Gangs of London first...
These guys use military grade equipment
They have professional assassins etc

They used Helicopters to carry out an assasination...
Even the fights seem like Military and Espionage trained fights sometimes

If you're talking local criminal gangs like the mafia or other street gangs like the ones in Power or Peaky Blinders...then that is quite different from The Continental

But The Continental is still a criminal gang, just not like these local gangs...

Lol, using helicopters don't mean shït. Using assassins and military grade weapons doesn't stop any organisation from not being classified a gangster just because it's sophisticated. Professional Assassination is an MO that I see in Yakuza movies, so it's nothing new.

Correction, The Continental is not even a criminal organisation. It's the hotel where John Wick goes everytime that's run by the character Ian Mcshane plays. It's more or less the United Nations Headquarters of the underworld.

I'm not saying The High Table (which you confuse as "The Continental"wink is not a criminal organisation or "gang"... But it is notably different from your typical gangster org.
It's more of a regulating body for all crime gangs or organisation worldwide.

Despite all these, John Wick is not a gangster movie as it lacks the storytelling tropes, themes or character trajectory that categorises a movie as a "gangster movie". The gangsters present in the movie are just used to narratively move the story forward and not necessarily used to tell the story.

John Wick is a crime action movie not the gangster movie you're selling it to be.
Unless the status quo changes in this sequel part 4 which I'm yet to watch.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MetroLane: 2:01am On Apr 11, 2023
cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 2:21am On Apr 11, 2023
Baddestguyp:
At first I thought these people were joking or just didn't want to accept their Ls

But now I'm beginning to doubt the reading comprehension of some Nairalanders...

There must be something wrong if an adult cannot read a statement of 4-5 lines and understand it

Something is definitely wrong

Maybe I need to translate the statement in Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa for them to understand

When I was saying that some people should only rate nollywood and zeeworld movies, you were disagreeing with me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 2:26am On Apr 11, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, using helicopters don't mean shït. Using assassins and military grade weapons doesn't stop any organisation from not being classified a gangster just because it's sophisticated. Professional Assassination is an MO that I see in Yakuza movies, so it's nothing new.

Correction, The Continental is not even a criminal organisation. It's the hotel where John Wick goes everytime that's run by the character Ian Mcshane plays. It's more or less the United Nations Headquarters of the underworld.

I'm not saying The High Table (which you confuse as "The Continental"wink is not a criminal organisation or "gang"... But it is notably different from your typical gangster org.

Despite all these, John Wick is not a gangster movie as it lacks the storytelling tropes, themes or character trajectory that categorises a movie as a "gangster movie". The gangsters present in the movie are just used to narratively move the story forward and not necessarily used to tell the story.

John Wick is a crime action movie not the gangster movie you're selling it to be.

The continental is a criminal organisation. What do you think it is when it houses and supports known criminals?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 5:49am On Apr 11, 2023
majesticguy:
Mummies:6/10
Genre: Animation

The animation style looks awful
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 5:49am On Apr 11, 2023
FBS:

This is woke free, yeah?
What makes a movie woke?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FBS: 5:58am On Apr 11, 2023
Gmajor:

What makes a movie woke?
The person wey I ask don answer.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:31am On Apr 11, 2023
abduleez1:

you're right about the High Table being the group of Elders that control the all the criminal gangs....my error on that
Continental is a group of hotels

but this further proves my point of John Wick being a gangster movie...
John Wick was a member of one of the many gangs in the movie

Still the point is they're seen as a gang...doesn't matter the gangsters are merely plot device or not...
A gang is a gang

John Wick and many characters are members...and they use Kung Fu among many other fighting techniques

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:31am On Apr 11, 2023
NaijaMemes:

When I was saying that some people should only rate nollywood and zeeworld movies, you were disagreeing with me
Lol...I was really shocked at their reading comprehension
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MetroLane: 7:58am On Apr 11, 2023
NaijaMemes:

All these dickriding, I wonder how you're not pregnant yet.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gameboy727(m): 9:26am On Apr 11, 2023
Personally, I think Baddestguyp has a point that y'all are just refusing to reason with.

Anyone that's part of the High Table or The Continental is part of the gang of criminals that it accommodates.

Besides, gangsterism is organized crime. High Table/Continental are organized criminals.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MirrorD(m): 9:32am On Apr 11, 2023
MetroLane:
cheesy
Now tell me how is this Jonathan major a 33yr old?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 9:33am On Apr 11, 2023
MetroLane:

All these dickriding, I wonder how you're not pregnant yet.
lmfao!! 😅🤣😂
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 9:41am On Apr 11, 2023
gameboy727:
Personally, I think Baddestguyp has a point that y'all are just refusing to reason with.

Anyone that's part of the High Table or The Continental is part of the gang of criminals that it accommodates.

Besides, gangsterism is organized crime. High Table/Continental are organized criminals.
this wasn't my argument, my argument was him saying John Wick is a gang movie they fight Kung Fu, and it's revealed they didn't fight Kung Fu but other forms of martial arts.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 10:11am On Apr 11, 2023
gameboy727:

This people want to argue to argument sake jare. John wick is a gang movie. A simple definition of gang proves it. But let them enjoy their back and forth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:13am On Apr 11, 2023
toluxe0075:

This people want to argue to argument sake jare. John wick is a gang movie. A simple definition of gang proves it. But let them enjoy their back and forth.
Guess The Dark Knight trilogy and some James Bond movies are gang movies too, then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 10:21am On Apr 11, 2023
ShaqFu:
this wasn't my argument, my argument was him saying John Wick is a gang movie they fight Kung Fu, and it's revealed they didn't fight Kung Fu but other forms of martial arts.

John wick movies used many martial art style including kung fu and gun fu, which is more of a combination of gun and Kung fu.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 10:25am On Apr 11, 2023
I thought John Wick was an Assassin movie undecided where did all this gang movie talk come from?? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (3479) (3480) (3481) (3482) (3483) (3484) (3485) ... (3843) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: PinkNature, Laycon1(m), xtreamehdtv8 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.