Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3586) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3744948 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3583) (3584) (3585) (3586) (3587) (3588) (3589) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by xynerise: 9:31am On Jul 01, 2023
Nimona is interesting but the gay agenda at the end is not necessary angry

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:12am On Jul 01, 2023
Person go see Barbie marketing and premium fear go catch am....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:43am On Jul 01, 2023
abduleez1:
It will be so funny if it tanks. Screen Rant are saying the first reviews are mixed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hardheolar(m): 11:50am On Jul 01, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Guy Ritchie the convenant
9/10
This is call of duty right here
The remaining one is because Anthony starr cameo I would have loved him as John kinley but the other guy was good too

Any idea on where to download this movie?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hardheolar(m): 11:53am On Jul 01, 2023
majesticguy:
Guy Ritchies The Convenant...8/10
Genre: Action
Where can I download this movie?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Carot: 12:46pm On Jul 01, 2023
abduleez1:
una go just dey watch senseless film. Which one be barbie again
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:04pm On Jul 01, 2023
oyaskii:
It will be so funny if it tanks. Screen Rant are saying the first reviews are mixed.

Make we dey observe.... I still believe it will do well regardless. Just needs above $300mn and we good. grin cool

I somewhat expected it tho, cos my mind tells me the actual movie would subvert expectations from the trailer. I don't see it as all rainbow and sunshine as the trailers purports. This is cos it's Greta Gerwig and a social commentary.
Around a 66% concensus rating is good for me. 😏

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:05pm On Jul 01, 2023
GloriousGbola:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYrKqg2TqUo

That really was a hatorri hanzo sword. Gets me every time.

This particular scene was corny AF... πŸ˜‚
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:11pm On Jul 01, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hope2014(m): 1:12pm On Jul 01, 2023
Hardheolar:
Where can I download this movie?
thenetnaija.com
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Folahanmi19(m): 1:20pm On Jul 01, 2023
Pahe don full of annoying ads now... Private dns adguard doesn't seem to work for pahe again
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 1:23pm On Jul 01, 2023
abduleez1:

Make we dey observe.... I still believe it will do well regardless. Just needs above $300mn and we good. grin cool

I somewhat expected it tho, cos my mind tells me the actual movie would subvert expectations from the trailer. I don't see it as all rainbow and sunshine as the trailers purports. This is cos it's Greta Gerwig and a social commentary.
Around a 66% concensus rating is good for me. 😏
Na the Greta Gerwig factor dey make me give the movie eye sef. Her and her partner has not put a foot wrong thus far in film making but her creative choice of doing this movie surprises me ngl. I don't even know the demographic it is intended for, i have not seen the official MPAA ratings but I'm semi sure it's not a kid's movie. Be like na mask i go wear the day i wan go see am ooπŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2023
I have been re: playing God of War: Ghost Of Sparta this week cuz it's one of my fav in the series, and it just clocked that Kratos is one of the best written game characters ever. The infusion of his character with the Greek Mythology is insanely good. The character development from this to Ragnarok is so so good. It will be a great disservice if it isn't adapted into a movie or a show one day. I have never seen a game character so prime for this!.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:31pm On Jul 01, 2023
oyaskii:
Na the Greta Gerwig factor dey make me give the movie eye sef. Her and her partner has not put a foot wrong thus far in film making but her creative choice of doing this movie surprises me ngl. I don't even know the demographic it is intended for, i have not seen the official MPAA ratings but I'm semi sure it's not a kid's movie. Be like na mask i go wear the day i wan go see am ooπŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Same here.... Greta and her partner is the PULL.
When I first heard of the Barbie project, I tell myself I no dey watch layΓ© but as I see writer-director name and see cast with Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling, bruh I change mind sharpaly. πŸ˜‚

It's going to be PG-13 and ain't really a kid's movie. Just like The Batman, there'd surely be things kids won't understand.

Why you wan wear mask go watch am?? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
You no want make people catch grown up man dey watch "girlie movie"? 😏
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 1:35pm On Jul 01, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, wetin Amazon don acquire rights last year. A show is in the works.

Yeah, his character development is one of the best ever.
Na so πŸ™πŸ™Œ...Tho i would have preferred HBO but Amazon still sabi work. Just need them to cast a perfect Kratos...😌

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2023
oyaskii:
Na so πŸ™πŸ™Œ...Tho i would have preferred HBO but Amazon still sabi work. Just need them to cast a perfect Kratos...😌
They should get good showrunners too. I'm not really impressed with what they did with Rings of Power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2023
oyaskii:

I'm hyped up for the show but I ain't really confident with Amazon, I'd have preferred Netflix adapting it since they have the track record in Castlevania, Arcane and Cyberpunk Edgerunners. Also having Wheel of Time showrunner Rafe Judkins as showrunner ain't so confident boosting for me.

Also note that it's the Norse mythology they adapting not the Greek one.

Too bad HBO couldn't snag it... You know how frenzied Netflix and Amazon are scrambling to grab gaming IPs ahead of the competition since they don't have a wealth of old IPs. So HBO and the rest seems late to the party. Almost all the top gaming titles currently in development for adaptation are held by the two streamers and Sony Pictures(for movies).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 2:15pm On Jul 01, 2023
abduleez1:

Also note that it's the Norse mythology they adapting not the Greek one.

They should have done the Greek mytho
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
Nickshrapnel:
They should have done the Greek mytho

Yep. It's relatively new compared to the Greek mythos.
We wait and see what they make of it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hardheolar(m): 3:02pm On Jul 01, 2023
Hope2014:

thenetnaija.com

thanks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 3:19pm On Jul 01, 2023
phr0nesis:

They should get good showrunners too. I'm not really impressed with what they did with Rings of Power.
Same. I was barely able to finish S1. I have basically lost interest in seeing S2. Anyways, they have unlimited funds for the kind of budget it needs to be really top tier, like you said, they just need to get good show runners.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2023
xynerise:
Nimona is interesting but the gay agenda at the end is not necessary angry

It ruined the movie for me. From start to finish.

How man go dey tell fellow man 'I love you', he be idiot? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:31pm On Jul 01, 2023
The Covenant:

Now this is a movie. I have just two thumbs so I can't give more than two thumbs up, but I'll add my two big toes. Fantastic!!

I had to Google the song at the end. Truth by Alex Ebert. One of the best I've heard in a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGLyhPHfD9g
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:47pm On Jul 01, 2023
oyaskii:
Netflix and Amazon are two hideous twins when it comes to adapting fantasy lore. I didn't even bother with Wheel of Time and I'm not even hearing anything about it, I barely scrap thru RoP. HBO would have been better suited for it, they match good budget with fantastic hirings of show runners and leads.

Let's see what Amazon has to offer, at least funds won't be an issue. Probably it's this one they will get right.
same Wheel of Time when one guy here no let us rest about? The show he compared with Game of Thrones?

But truly, the show seems to have faded to obscurity. No one talks about it. No one seems to remember it exists sef
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 3:53pm On Jul 01, 2023
this is the best movie I've watched this year

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 4:33pm On Jul 01, 2023
oyaskii:
I have been re: playing God of War: Ghost Of Sparta this week cuz it's one of my fav in the series, and it just clocked that Kratos is one of the best written game characters ever. The infusion of his character with the Greek Mythology is insanely good. The character development from this to Ragnarok is so so good. It will be a great disservice if it isn't adapted into a movie or a show one day. I have never seen a game character so prime for this!.
You are a man of great taste. Which platform if i may ask, The Playstation portable i presume ?

Asides the awesome storyline, there's a whole lot of things involved in making this adaptation to perfection, and I pray Amazon is up to the task. For one, the VFX, CGI and the cast has to be perfect......... They would spend a whole lot of money oo, an episode of the series would literally gulp millions of dollars. If care is not taken, i see it overtaking The Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power as the most expensive Amazon series per episode.

But if they can make it happen and make it to perfection, i see it becoming one of the best game adaptations ever and a huge money spinner for the streaming platform, because it'd be backed by the nostalgia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 4:37pm On Jul 01, 2023
GloriousGbola:

I'm suprised that it did not show after leaking on twitter.

Now the heads at WB will be seriously wondering how much damage amber heard can do to aquaman 2

It's was a camera recording, so i heard. Most sites do have the movie as CamRip.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 4:38pm On Jul 01, 2023
I Spit on Your Grave (2013):6/10
Genre: Horror, Thriller

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2023
oyaskii:
Exactly πŸ˜…. My guys don already they clown me sef about seeing the movie.

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3583) (3584) (3585) (3586) (3587) (3588) (3589) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.