Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3747467 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3591) (3592) (3593) (3594) (3595) (3596) (3597) ... (3834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 8:48am On Jul 06, 2023
phr0nesis:

πŸ‘πŸ’―

Always a pleasure bro.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 8:49am On Jul 06, 2023
abduleez1:
And this is why I've upped my projections.... Me smell over a $100mn bucks on premiere weekend. Could do $120mn. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Finally, you've made a box office forecast that I can concur with, although I tend to agree more with the predictions that hover around $90 million. However, given the fact that the previous film made over $750 million globally, this one might surpass that amount.

Tom Cruise is an unstoppable force, and his persistent hard work in this franchise has been paying off ever since the first flick dropped. None of this scientology rubbish is holding him down. Not to mention the promotion for this film and the generally positive early reviews from critics.

Although there is undoubtedly fierce competition this month, I am confident that this film will be the biggest. Oppenheimer and Barbie fans will both agree that this one is worth seeing.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:25am On Jul 06, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Netflex... time to have netsex

Before she reach I could smell her mounded hill I could not wait to Netflex and chill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAe3sIxcXw0

grin grin It's official
Everyone on this thread is on Colos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:12am On Jul 06, 2023
SOZINN:

Finally, you've made a box office forecast that I can concur with, although I tend to agree more with the predictions that hover around $90 million. However, given the fact that the previous film made over $750 million globally, this one might surpass that amount.

Tom Cruise is an unstoppable force, and his persistent hard work in this franchise has been paying off ever since the first flick dropped. None of this scientology rubbish is holding him down. Not to mention the promotion for this film and the generally positive early reviews from critics.

Although there is undoubtedly fierce competition this month, I am confident that this film will be the biggest. Oppenheimer and Barbie fans will both agree that this one is worth seeing.

Sadly this movie has incredible pressure to perform... It'd need Top Gun: Maverick level of BO performance to make some profit due to its insanely large budget.

Of course, everyone knows MI7 will easily do well against Barbie and Oppenheimer (except Barbie over performs). It's the blockbuster movie of July. However, It has to earn at least $1bn to be able to have a chance at profit.

Anyways, Tom Cruise somehow saved Paramount as well as good exec decisions from getting bankrupt. Their theatrical business has massively suffered since the past 4yrs after Transformers 5.
2022 was a good year for them and being back in the business with full strength. SONY somehow became bigger than Paramount.
WB seem to be in this rut now. πŸ€”

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 10:47am On Jul 06, 2023
abduleez1:
I see Robert De Niro, Jesse Plemmons, Leonardo DiCaprio and Brendan Fraser and I know MASSIVE W was cooked. 😎😎

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP34Yoxs3FQ
ABSOLUTE CINEMA. Baba Martin Scorsese is 80 plus and still dropping absolute cinema back to back. Legend cool cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:05am On Jul 06, 2023
This is why Hollywood needs to fvvking control their budgets. Damn...
Just puts unnecessary pressures on these movies to perform.
Although, most of these were impacted by COVID shutdown and some reshoots.

See list of $200mn plus budgets and we not even Talking of Apple TV's Killers of The Flower Moon and Napoleon $200mn budgets. πŸ‘€πŸ€―

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 11:52am On Jul 06, 2023
abduleez1:

Sadly this movie has incredible pressure to perform... It'd need Top Gun: Maverick level of BO performance to make some profit due to its insanely large budget.

Of course, everyone knows MI7 will easily do well against Barbie and Oppenheimer (except Barbie over performs). It's the blockbuster movie of July. However, It has to earn at least $1bn to be able to have a chance at profit.

Anyways, Tom Cruise somehow saved Paramount as well as good exec decisions from getting bankrupt. Their theatrical business has massively suffered since the past 4yrs after Transformers 5.
2022 was a good year for them and being back in the business with full strength. SONY somehow became bigger than Paramount.
WB seem to be in this rut now. πŸ€”

I still think they can pull it off. The box office has been moving crazy this year but everything is going well for this franchise. It depends on how you look at it. In terms of box office revenue SONY should be bigger currently, they are seriously feasting on CBM. Paramount has their own projects that are sure to turn in bank profits per year but nothing comes close to Marvel CBM money.

However, Paramount sits at the helm of a bigger conglomerate so there are still four big revenue resources to draw from; ViacomCBS, CBS, MTV and Nickelodeon. So it's possible that they are earning more than SONY if you look at the broader picture.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 12:03pm On Jul 06, 2023
abduleez1:

**Sighs**
It's a tough ask tho.

Kathryn Bigelow is an OG director with her movies and an Academy Award winner. The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty really puts her up there even against her male counterparts.
But it's been years since she released her last movie and ain't much heard from her since 2017.

On the other hand, Greta is a new breed director with a high ceiling and potential. She's had two of her films nominated for Best Picture Oscars and a Best Director nom.
Greta is up and coming with just two movies on her belt which were awards worthy. She definitely has time on her side and the pedigree to excel and well, break records and new ground. I just like her.

Kathryn style can tend to be a bit boring while watching for an extended time and at the beginning, but she has great stories and third acts. Greta for me is engaging right from the start. She focuses on her characters more to drive the story while having good devt.

Both are very good at their craft. I have a bias for Greta and would pick her as my preferred of the two. But I won't say who I feel is better.
I guess you can use the Awards as the differentiator.

The most appropriate like for like comparison would be for Jane Campion vs Kathryn Bigelow since both have similar age and Awards acclaim.
For Greta Gerwig, her most likely match would be Emerald Fennel or Chloe Zhao based on age, quality, critics acclaim and career length/ experience.

Nice argument you brought up here. Thought of a versus stuff like this last year between female directors, actors and other industry essentials. πŸ‘πŸ‘ Great seeing something thought provoking as this. πŸ˜‰πŸ€
Wow. Thanks for this bro

Reason I asked is because I only know the works of Greta based on hearsay. I'm yet to watch any of her movies (I'm still in the phase of consideration). Based on what I've been hearing about her, I just felt the need to get your opinions in comparism with a female director whose works I'm familiar with. From the response I've gotten here, I think I'll give her movies a try (no room for Barbie though).

Thanks to you and Sozinn once again
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2023
SOZINN:

I still think they can pull it off. The box office has been moving crazy this year but everything is going well for this franchise. It depends on how you look at it. In terms of box office revenue SONY should be bigger currently, they are seriously feasting on CBM. Paramount has their own projects that are sure to turn in bank profits per year but nothing comes close to Marvel CBM money.

However, Paramount sits at the helm of a bigger conglomerate so there are still four big revenue resources to draw from; ViacomCBS, CBS, MTV and Nickelodeon. So it's possible that they are earning more than SONY if you look at the broader picture.

Yea, they possibly still has a billion in sight.
Yep, SONY is bigger in box office revenue for some years now.

@ Bolded, Not really.... SONY Corporation is a bigger conglomerate than ViacomCBS (now Paramount Global).

SONY group has the video games and console, music industry, camera, consumer electronics, chipsets etc that makes the whole conglomerate far bigger than Paramount. Unless you talking specifically about their multimedia business.

Still, that doesn't mean they're less pressured to perform because they have other large arms to generate revenues. Each subsidiary should be responsible for itself.
Paramount's former CEO had to resign early 2018 because of the disastrous box office of 2017.

So there's that, especially when you remember WBD has several subsidiaries they get revenues from but people mostly think they broke cos of their struggling theatrical business.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by swanpiccolo: 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2023
Watched the old Insidious movies while waiting for the new one!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 4:19pm On Jul 06, 2023
abduleez1:

@ Bolded, Not really.... SONY Corporation is a bigger conglomerate than ViacomCBS (now Paramount Global).

SONY group has the video games and console, music industry, camera, consumer electronics, chipsets etc that makes the whole conglomerate far bigger than Paramount. Unless you talking specifically about their multimedia business.

Still, that doesn't mean they're less pressured to perform because they have other large arms to generate revenues. Each subsu
Paramount's former CEO had to resign early 2018 because of the disastrous box office of 2017.

So there's that, especially when you remember WBD has several subsidiaries they get revenues from but people mostly think they broke cos of their struggling theatrical business.
I don't see Mission Impossible getting less than a billion, quote me later
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 4:38pm On Jul 06, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

Them go quote you oh
Them no dey forget things for this thread

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:40pm On Jul 06, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

who be this new account baiting vawulence grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 4:44pm On Jul 06, 2023
pu7pl3:

Them go quote you oh
Them no dey forget things for this thread
Witches and wizards wey full this thread. Monitoring spirits them.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 4:45pm On Jul 06, 2023
phr0nesis:

Witches and wizards wey full this thread. Monitoring spirits them

Him go soon find out grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 4:46pm On Jul 06, 2023
pu7pl3:

grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:10pm On Jul 06, 2023
pu7pl3:

Dem no dey tell person..... grin grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2023
abduleez1:

Still, that doesn't mean they're less pressured to perform because they have other large arms to generate revenues. Each subsidiary should be responsible for itself.

Ofcourse SONY is bigger if you want to consider other factors outside multimedia but maybe I didn't get you the first time. When you said "SONY somehow became bigger than Paramount" what were you referring to? I agree that they are not less pressured to perform, success in the theatrical business is very, very important.

Paramount's former CEO was just failing all round, aside the high profile creative failures at the box office, they didn't launch any new successful brands because of a host of other setbacks, even the TV section was not left out. On top of it he refused to bow to pressure and step down, and yes 2016 and 2017 were the worst years for their film division under his tenure.

Although we still have to give him roses for the Transformers franchise and the Star Trek reboot. I think Warner Bros Discovery might be going broke because of other reasons as well not just their failed theatrical releases but I know there are some ongoing changes that are being made to ensure success in the long run but time will tell.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 6:03pm On Jul 06, 2023
GOTG vol. 3 is out on the high seas

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by xynerise: 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2023
The Flash

3/10

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2023
Sweet Christmas grin

BlackManta:
GOTG vol. 3 is out on the high seas
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 9:56pm On Jul 06, 2023
xynerise:
The Flash
3/10
Rest πŸ™„

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 9:59pm On Jul 06, 2023
Nimona.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:09pm On Jul 06, 2023
SOZINN:

Ofcourse SONY is bigger if you want to consider other factors outside multimedia but maybe I didn't get you the first time. When you said "SONY somehow became bigger than Paramount" what were you referring to? I agree that they are not less pressured to perform, success in the theatrical business is very, very important.

Paramount's former CEO was just failing all round, aside the high profile creative failures at the box office, they didn't launch any new successful brands because of a host of other setbacks, even the TV section was not left out. On top of it he refused to bow to pressure and step down, and yes 2016 and 2017 were the worst years for their film division under his tenure.

Although we still have to give him roses for the Transformers franchise and the Star Trek reboot. I think Warner Bros Discovery might be going broke because of other reasons as well not just their failed theatrical releases but I know there are some ongoing changes that are being made to ensure success in the long run but time will tell.

Yeah, I was actually talking about Sony Pictures outgrowing Paramount Pictures in the theatrical business for the last 4 years.
It's kinda shocking to me how a conglomerate like that could be so mismanaged. There was a time in 2018 or so when Paramount wasn't even among top 6 studios in US and Canada in terms of domestic box office for a year. Even minnows like MGM and Lionsgate they take over e position.

I digressed to Sony Group cos I thought you were talking about the parent company size when you mentioned ViacomCBS.
I agree, their Transformers run then was unparalleled despite people complaining back then.

It's wait and see now sha, although Paramount looks like it's under better leadership now. Especially it's programming in horror genre.
I like the smart decision of trying to expand the Avatar: The Last Airbender universe and explore it for theatricals. It's a smart move.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 12:51am On Jul 07, 2023
abduleez1:

Yeah, I was actually talking about Sony Pictures outgrowing Paramount Pictures in the theatrical business for the last 4 years.
It's kinda shocking to me how a conglomerate like that could be so mismanaged. There was a time in 2018 or so when Paramount wasn't even among top 6 studios in US and Canada in terms of domestic box office for a year. Even minnows like MGM and Lionsgate they take over e position.

I digressed to Sony Group cos I thought you were talking about the parent company size when you mentioned ViacomCBS.
I agree, their Transformers run then was unparalleled despite people complaining back then.

It's wait and see now sha, although Paramount looks like it's under better leadership now. Especially it's programming in horror genre.
I like the smart decision of trying to expand the Avatar: The Last Airbender universe and explore it for theatricals. It's a smart move.

Let's just hope Paramount can maintain the momentum they've gained in order to remain among the top 5 revenue-generating studios.
I believe that the top positions are competitive right now, with only reputable names occupying them; there is no room for minnows anymore because the big sharks have improved.

I also think they are being led more effectively too, and their revenue has undoubtedly increased significantly. They crossed the $30 billion milestone in 2022, which was a significant achievement for them as they had not done so in the previous ten years. Their own streaming channel was introduced, they increased their reliance on digital services and they acquired Miramax and MTV Entertainment Studios. They are now in a better position to ensure continued growth thanks to these and some of the other strategic plans you mentioned. Things are really looking up for them.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:54am On Jul 07, 2023
The franchise is back!!! πŸ˜€

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF-oyCwaArU
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 5:27am On Jul 07, 2023
⬇️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 5:27am On Jul 07, 2023
⬇️⬇️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:06am On Jul 07, 2023
Suzume is out for downloads and no one said anything
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by landiqa(m): 7:17am On Jul 07, 2023
Knights of the Zodiac (2023) on my phone after I found dis video on YouTube about an app that gives access to Netfl!x & other streaming platform movies in one go.

https://youtube.com/shorts/JtLmvYsXV-U?feature=share3

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 7:18am On Jul 07, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Suzume is out for downloads and no one said anything
I once downloaded a 2.5gb version, realised later it was camrippedπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ. It was an emotional watch sha
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:33am On Jul 07, 2023
which phone launcher are you using??

nani667:
⬇️⬇️

(1) (2) (3) ... (3591) (3592) (3593) (3594) (3595) (3596) (3597) ... (3834) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: starbuck(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.