Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3599) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3774660 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3596) (3597) (3598) (3599) (3600) (3601) (3602) ... (3842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 8:44am On Jul 10, 2023
Sound Of Freedom - will this movie make it to our cinemas, cos in the US some Cinemas returned people's tickets so they wont see this movie.
This is the first time in my life am hearing cinemas retuning people's tickets for a movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:55am On Jul 10, 2023
pryme:
I cant wait for Hollywood to get broken up into tiny pieces, or better still burn to the ground. The top on my list is - Disney (The Den of Groomers).
Once this happens ONLY Companies the produce good movies , inspiring stories with well made cinematography will thrive.
You make bad movies, you lose money and go out of business, you wont be afforded the luxuries of the Disneys who lost over $800m in revenue, putting out garbage. Even when the message is clear from their audience they wont listen, rather the Directors and Producers will insult them and continue churning out more garbage.

The writers strike, The Actors Strike, these are good. now is the time for independent creators.
I dont mind if Hollywood eat themselves, its been a long time coming, cos the money drying up for the Disneys and Warner Bros of the world.
You go wait tire πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:58am On Jul 10, 2023
Kaycee7:

grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 9:26am On Jul 10, 2023
@kaycee7, pls where can i get a 1080p english dub of suzume?

thanks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 9:44am On Jul 10, 2023
Kaycee7:

we will see.

this news broke 10 hrs ago

here is the link

remember as long as you work in Hollywood writers cant work on any project, no writers no movie.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bisqit: 9:58am On Jul 10, 2023
pryme:
Sound Of Freedom - will this movie make it to our cinemas, cos in the US some Cinemas returned people's tickets so they wont see this movie.
This is the first time in my life am hearing cinemas retuning people's tickets for a movie.
sounds like a south African movie about the travails of Nelson mandela
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 9:59am On Jul 10, 2023
drizzle0007:
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Which movie is thisπŸ˜‚
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bisqit: 10:09am On Jul 10, 2023
The Hating Game 10/10
I must confess I have an undying crush on Lucy Hale. I can't think straight anytime I watch her on screen. She gives me sexual healing
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bisqit: 10:19am On Jul 10, 2023
Born2Freak:

Yes. Better sound quality. And better audience, ambience and appreciation of the zeitgeist around the movie.
but the noise around it distracts the viewer attention leading to a state of neurocerebral disorder
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bisqit: 10:25am On Jul 10, 2023
Born2Freak:

Here are some facts that counter and nullify all what you have said.

1. Blockbuster Hollywood movies are actually engineered for the cinema. Even when it is time for home release, the movie is not engineered for your Chinese android phone or your computer village second hand laptop. Neither are the movies engineered for your Korean knock off TV. Creating ambience at home requires quality home theater products which you can't afford, if you can't afford 5k Naira for a movie at the cinema.

2. I mentioned zeitgeist. There are some big movies that created a phenomenal experience at their release. Take for instance, Black Panther- if you didn't watch it the month it was released, you wouldn't have understood the jokes, memes and black power emotions that was in the pop culture at the time. Even when the last Avengers movie was released, cinemas were filled up on release day.

I watch my movies on old second hand tube tv...the one that use tuner to search channel and I'm proud
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bisqit: 10:29am On Jul 10, 2023
oyaskii:
lol..Yeah.. Nollywood keeps treating movies like a hobby rather than an actual business. One person we want to direct, edit, screenplay and only calls other crew like the musical people deep into post production to perform magic. That's why most of the movies aren't sellable outside of cinemas, they can't properly merchandise them with such shaky movie making process.
the same nollywood movie I watch
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:33am On Jul 10, 2023
pryme:

we will see.

this news broke 10 hrs ago

here is the link

remember as long as you work in Hollywood writers cant work on any project, no writers no movie.
Writers' strike happened back in 2007. This is 2023. Hollywood no break into pieces or burn to the ground. Comrade, you go wait tiiirreeeeee
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bisqit: 10:34am On Jul 10, 2023
Kaycee7:
They don't call Hans Zimmer the GOAT for nothing.
I don't know any man of culture that doesn't get goosebumps when Maximus is saying his final words with Now We Are Free playing in the background.

Drink Up Me Hearties made me want to jump on a ship and brave the wild seas.
Fun fact: There are pieces of Drink Up Me Hearties in other movies Zimmer scored, namely Gladiator and The Lion King.

Howard Shore and Isabel Bayrakadian set a blissful romantic mood for Aragorn and Arwen with Evenstar.

Michael Giacchino took No Way Home's climax up many notches with Arachnoverture.

Ramin Djawadi's Across the Ocean of Time was one of the best things in Eternals, as flawed as the movie was.

Yuki Kajiura's Sis Puella Magica! was one of the many amazing tracks she cooked on Madoka Magica that had me in goosebumps.

Hiroki Sawano and Laco accompanying on of the best battle charges in fiction with Before Lights Out and this isn't even close to his best work on Attack on Titan's OST.

I could go on and on.

You spit facts here. There's very few things that cement a scene and even going so far to make it iconic as the music.
what's your discipline
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bisqit: 10:43am On Jul 10, 2023
pu7pl3:

We have officially cancelled you on this thread.
Bloody Nazi
I sentence him to 200 years of hollowcost treatment
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 10:59am On Jul 10, 2023
bisqit:
It's an American movie about child trafficking. The title might be off, it seems to be a good movie. The fact that no one heard about this is really shocking because critics and audiences gave it positive reviews. It even got a perfect A+ cinemascore
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Fro5t: 11:00am On Jul 10, 2023
GloriousGbola:
@kaycee7, pls where can i get a 1080p english dub of suzume?

thanks
Right here πŸ‘‡πŸΏ

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by drizzle0007(m): 11:02am On Jul 10, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

Which movie is thisπŸ˜‚

The blackening
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 11:05am On Jul 10, 2023
Fro5t:
Right here πŸ‘‡πŸΏ

thank you sensei
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 11:39am On Jul 10, 2023
The Idol -7/10
Not taking the cringy and unsexy sex scenes to light, you can't deny - the plot twist was very brilliantly executed - And Sam Levinson is a master of beautiful cinematography

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 11:42am On Jul 10, 2023
Kaycee7:
They don't call Hans Zimmer the GOAT for nothing.
I don't know any man of culture that doesn't get goosebumps when Maximus is saying his final words with Now We Are Free playing in the background.

Drink Up Me Hearties made me want to jump on a ship and brave the wild seas.
Fun fact: There are pieces of Drink Up Me Hearties in other movies Zimmer scored, namely Gladiator and The Lion King.

Howard Shore and Isabel Bayrakadian set a blissful romantic mood for Aragorn and Arwen with Evenstar.

Michael Giacchino took No Way Home's climax up many notches with Arachnoverture.

Ramin Djawadi's Across the Ocean of Time was one of the best things in Eternals, as flawed as the movie was.

Yuki Kajiura's Sis Puella Magica! was one of the many amazing tracks she cooked on Madoka Magica that had me in goosebumps.

Hiroki Sawano and Laco accompanying on of the best battle charges in fiction with Before Lights Out and this isn't even close to his best work on Attack on Titan's OST.

I could go on and on.

You spit facts here. There's very few things that cement a scene and even going so far to make it iconic as the music.
Wish Hans was scoring Dune. I still prefer Giacchino scores tho
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 11:45am On Jul 10, 2023
I hope I'm not the only one that thinks GOTD3 was midπŸ‘€
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 11:45am On Jul 10, 2023
bisqit:

It's about an under cover that went deep into the child sex trafficking to rescue the victims, this movie is true event, the Agent Tim Bullard had a meeting with President Trump about the horrors he has seen, and why they should build the wall to arrest child sex traffickers.

And what's disgusting Disney had the right to movie it was sitting in their shelve for more than 5 years, they won't touch it. Until an independent studio bought it back.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 11:46am On Jul 10, 2023
Kaycee7:
Writers' strike happened back in 2007. This is 2023. Hollywood no break into pieces or burn to the ground. Comrade, you go wait tiiirreeeeee

Do you think it's only Hollywood that make movies?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:49am On Jul 10, 2023
pryme:

Do you think it's only Hollywood that make movies?
Your point being?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 11:50am On Jul 10, 2023
phr0nesis:

It's an American movie about child trafficking. The title might be off, it seems to be a good movie. The fact that no one heard about this is really shocking because critics and audiences gave it positive reviews. It even got a perfect A+ cinemascore

Rolling Stones called it a Qanon conspiracy,
Same with The Guardian Newspaper,
CNN brought on someone (Michael Rothschild) to make news segment about it, to discredit the movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 11:57am On Jul 10, 2023
Kaycee7:
Your point being?

The Union works for Hollywood,
The Independent studios (studios like Angel Studios that made Sound Of Freedom) do not,

So Hollywood does not make All the movies you see.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:59am On Jul 10, 2023
pryme:

The Union works for Hollywood,
The Independent studios (studios like Angel Studios that made Sound Of Freedom) do not,

So Hollywood does not make All the movies you see.
Ok and...?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 12:19pm On Jul 10, 2023
The Outlaws:6/10
Genre: comedy

πŸ˜‚. His facial expression when his mom confessed she had an orgy while pregnant with him left me in stitches. Mum was having an orgy while the Dad waited for her outside in his car, fully aware of what the wife was doing inside. Fvcked up couple πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 12:28pm On Jul 10, 2023
abduleez1:

The Anglo Saxons and The Norman Conquest is always an interesting read.

A very interesting read I tell you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by jorgesmith5: 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2023
I am currently watching Star Wars: The Force awakens. I am a great fan of star wars series. In fact, it is one of the greatest sci fi. series ever produced with great storyline and commendable cast. I recently bought a legendary lightsaber used by Darth Vader in this movie. I have collected many lightsabers of different characters. I would definitely recommend this movie to you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2023
pryme:

Rolling Stones called it a Qanon conspiracy,
Same with The Guardian Newspaper,
CNN brought on someone (Michael Rothschild) to make news segment about it, to discredit the movies.

The movie didn't touch on what made QAnon a conspiracy theory. Child trafficking obviously exists; QAnon went further to state that the elites sponsor this practice to extract and consume a chemical from tortured children.

If they had watched it before deciding to kick against it, they would not have exposed themselves, because people who watched it couldn't come up with a reason why the media had to discredit the movie. Now people are beginning to suspect that QAnon could actually be true, rather than a conspiracy theory
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2023
bisqit:
I watch my movies on old second hand tube tv...the one that use tuner to search channel and I'm proud

grin

Lol...I heard you also use transistor radio

(1) (2) (3) ... (3596) (3597) (3598) (3599) (3600) (3601) (3602) ... (3842) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: abduleez1(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.