Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3713) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3748445 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3710) (3711) (3712) (3713) (3714) (3715) (3716) ... (3834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 7:34pm On Oct 11, 2023
๐ŸŽฅ Fair Play (2023) = 6.6/10 โœ”๏ธ โค๏ธ

If I were him I'd have sold trading secrets to other rival firms & run the company to the ground from the inside. Revenge is a dish best served COLD!

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 7:47pm On Oct 11, 2023
๐ŸŽฅ It Lives Inside (2023) = 4/10 โŒ

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 8:00pm On Oct 11, 2023
NaijaMemes:
Israel vs Palestine 2023

Just watching the war drama unfold.

Truth be told, the average Nigerian is ignorant and delusional. Most with christian (Judeo-Christian) background just support Israel with blind faith. The muslims also support Palestine with blind faith.

The issue lies in the middle. First the Israeli Jews did actually throw the first punch by forcefully acquiring land from the Plaestine people in the first place, historically. No land is God given. You cannot use religion to own land.

Fast-forward to the present day, the Palestine people, in the form of Hamas, threw the first punch by attacking the Israeli people and reignited the war.

There is always two sides to a story.

Caveat: I'm not in support of the war.

You were making sense until the bolded. The reason I don't indulge in the Israel - Palestinian war is simply because most people blabbing about it are historically ignorant.

If I'm to ask you about the history of this crisis, you will state 1948. If that's the case, then you're ignorant. No wonder you think Israelites took the land from Palestinians. Let me shock you, the whole Israel - Palestinian crisis is traced back to the Nebuchadnezzar era. I'm sure you're not aware of that. Go check up on that.

The fact is, considering the historical data right from the BCs to the modern time, the land does not belong to the Palestinians, never was, and never will be. The Jews own it. Yes, the Jews or most of the Jews left the land due to crisis, and the Palestinians settled there, but that doesn't make it their land. It was their land as far as the Jews never laid claim to it, but unfortunately, the Jews returned and laid claim to the land which is originally theirs.

I left my land due to crisis, you came and took over it. Years later, I returned to my land to reclaim it, but you refused to hand it over and called me a thief. Please tell, who's the thief, me or you? Who owns that land, me or you? Did you buy it from me? Did you conquer me to get it? How's the land yours sir?

If the Palestinians call is for them to be integrated into Israel as settlers and citizens. That's absolutely right, but if it's too claim Israel stole their land, that's hogwash.

That land belongs to Israel and Israel has right to reclaim it, but they're going about it the wrong way. You can't send the Palestinians away. They have nowhere to go. They have nowhere else to call home. Their ancestors have been residing in that land for generations. That's the land they've come to see as home.

On one hand, Israel has right to reclaim their rightful land, and on the other hand, the Palestinians have no other place to go, that's the land they've seen and taken as their home. Israel should instead integrate the Palestinians into the land of Israel by making Israel a multi racial, multi religious, and secular nation. But I guess greed and malevolence won't make the right thing be done.

Lastly, you don't go start a fight you can't engage in or finish. Gaza doesn't belong to the Jews, it never did right from the BCs. Israel should get their hands off there.

This will be the last time I'll talk about this. The historical ignorance regarding this issue is profound.

#Xavier

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2023
camri:
Ishi, I want you to look into this. I saw this Ghanaian movie. A couple is about to get married. The bride invites her friends from abroad. During the traditional wedding, one of the Bride's friends confesses he and the groom slept together ten years ago in college, like a one nite stand causing the wedding to come to an abrupt end. i was now wondering, is that a genuine reason to call off a wedding or the writer was being petty.
This is as shitty as storylines go. Very lazy and unimaginative writing
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:35pm On Oct 11, 2023
camri:
Ishi, I want you to look into this. I saw this Ghanaian movie. A couple is about to get married. The bride invites her friends from abroad. During the traditional wedding, one of the Bride's friends confesses he and the groom slept together ten years ago in college, like a one nite stand causing the wedding to come to an abrupt end. i was now wondering, is that a genuine reason to call off a wedding or the writer was being petty.
stop watching shรฎtty movies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 8:46pm On Oct 11, 2023
camri:

Is that all there is, or there's more to the story you aren't saying?

* Was there a case of insincerity on the part of the groom?

* Was there a case of lovelessness on the part of the groom or bride?

* Was there a secret by the groom that the bride had knowledge of?

* What was the bride's ideologies regarding past flings that involves your lover and your close friend?

* Does the bride have any traumatic experience associated with infidelity which results in lack of trust, and fear?

Issues like this could give one the reason to call off a wedding on such petty reasons. If any of the above is the case, then plot is rational, otherwise, that's hogwash.

#Xavier
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by camri: 12:16am On Oct 12, 2023
Xavier5:

Is that all there is, or there's more to the story you aren't saying?

* Was there a case of insincerity on the part of the groom?

* Was there a case of lovelessness on the part of the groom or bride?

* Was there a secret by the groom that the bride had knowledge of?

* What was the bride's ideologies regarding past flings that involves your lover and your close friend?

* Does the bride have any traumatic experience associated with infidelity which results in lack of trust, and fear?

Issues like this could give one the reason to call off a wedding on such petty reasons. If any of the above is the case, then plot is rational, otherwise, that's hogwash.

#Xavier
None of the above. The writer couldn't find a perfect conflict to play around with so he came up with an invalid issue to spoil the movie. To my greatest surprise, nothing happened ten years ago. Just unnecessary false alarm by the crazy friend.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by camri: 12:28am On Oct 12, 2023
Baddestguyp:
stop watching shรฎtty movies
Initially, I thought it was an Hollywood movie because the picture was great and it had actors from Nigeria, Ghana and America. One would know lot of money to make this film going by luxury locations used.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 12:38am On Oct 12, 2023
Xavier5:

You were making sense until the bolded. The reason I don't indulge in the Israel - Palestinian war is simply because most people blabbing about it are historically ignorant.

If I'm to ask you about the history of this crisis, you will state 1948. If that's the case, then you're ignorant. No wonder you think Israelites took the land from Palestinians. Let me shock you, the whole Israel - Palestinian crisis is traced back to the Nebuchadnezzar era. I'm sure you're not aware of that. Go check up on that.

The fact is, considering the historical data right from the BCs to the modern time, the land does not belong to the Palestinians, never was, and never will be. The Jews own it. Yes, the Jews or most of the Jews left the land due to crisis, and the Palestinians settled there, but that doesn't make it their land. It was their land as far as the Jews never laid claim to it, but unfortunately, the Jews returned and laid claim to the land which is originally theirs.

I left my land due to crisis, you came and took over it. Years later, I returned to my land to reclaim it, but you refused to hand it over and called me a thief. Please tell, who's the thief, me or you? Who owns that land, me or you? Did you buy it from me? Did you conquer me to get it? How's the land yours sir?

If the Palestinians call is for them to be integrated into Israel as settlers and citizens. That's absolutely right, but if it's too claim Israel stole their land, that's hogwash.

That land belongs to Israel and Israel has right to reclaim it, but they're going about it the wrong way. You can't send the Palestinians away. They have nowhere to go. They have nowhere else to call home. Their ancestors have been residing in that land for generations. That's the land they've come to see as home.

On one hand, Israel has right to reclaim their rightful land, and on the other hand, the Palestinians have no other place to go, that's the land they've seen and taken as their home. Israel should instead integrate the Palestinians into the land of Israel by making Israel a multi racial, multi religious, and secular nation. But I guess greed and malevolence won't make the right thing be done.

Lastly, you don't go start a fight you can't engage in or finish. Gaza doesn't belong to the Jews, it never did right from the BCs. Israel should get their hands off there.

This will be the last time I'll talk about this. The historical ignorance regarding this issue is profound.

#Xavier

Religion has made you ignorant of law and history.

1. The bible is not a historical document. If you don't know, the bible or Torah is not historically accurate.

2. There were other people apart from Jews living in the area of land known as modern Israel in ancient times. Jews cannot claim that land alone based on history.

3. In any country, the are concepts of squatter's rights, adverse possession, usucaption and acquisitive prescription. This means that of you leave your property for a significant number of years and someone occupies it for a significant number of years, the new occupier gets the right to own the property. It is taken as if you lost or abandoned the property.

The Jews left a piece of land for over a thousand years and want to claim it back. Even Jewish lawyers would tell you that leaving a piece of land for over 100 years is abandonment in any court of law. Even since Roman times.

For instance, should black people and eqyptian pagans claim back their land from the current Egyptian muslims? After all, Egypt was never Islamic historically. Egyptians were a mix of black, middle wastern and European descent if I remember well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 1:08am On Oct 12, 2023
NaijaMemes:
Cc Naptu2 and Ishilove.

We have a derailer and rule breaker that almost everyone is tired of in the name of WRITERNIG. WriterNig is always posting series in the movie section.

But you guys prefer to report and police your e-enemies.

Chai!!

The truth is painful. I enjoyed reading Naptu2's response!

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 5:05am On Oct 12, 2023
WriterNig:
๐ŸŽฅ Fair Play (2023) = 6.6/10 โœ”๏ธ โค๏ธ

If I were him I'd have sold trading secrets to other rival firms & run the company to the ground from the inside. Revenge is a dish best served COLD!

The you missed the whole point of the movie

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 7:12am On Oct 12, 2023
Kaycee7:
And I still have Snow Blind in cold storage.
Damn, this one go make sense sha ๐Ÿ˜

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 7:18am On Oct 12, 2023
Ishilove:
Barbie:

The greatest lie told in this movie is found at the end of the film: the notion that femininity and womanhood is not biological and can be created.

They keep pushing this woke trans shit_ down our throats and subtly conditioning our minds to accept that which is anti-nature and totally perverse.
For me, I don't even bother anymore. I damn well know I'm not going to watch Barbie. The moment I get to know a movie is about this Woke bullshit, I don't bother myself, I'd rather focus on writing lewd poems than watch such movies.

Hey, wanna read a poem about how X marks the spot, G or A? ๐Ÿ˜˜ ๐Ÿ˜

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PatWilson: 7:53am On Oct 12, 2023
i'm watching the movie avatar 3 on netflix mirror. As expected the movie was great
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 7:59am On Oct 12, 2023
Xavier5:

#Xavier
You're right and you're wrong. Israel doesn't own shit. Let's just be honest. The only reason the West is in support of Israel all this time is because of the Holocaust ๐Ÿ˜ช.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 8:08am On Oct 12, 2023
blingxx:

The average Nigerian is a religious bigot
Tbvh, you're right๐Ÿ˜ช. Israel is even a Jewish country- Muslims are even closer in beliefs than Jews ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ. Nigerians don't want to understand context just what they feel๐Ÿ˜’. Israel has put the Palestinians in extremely harsh conditions but the international community won't say a thing about it because a lot of the population of Americans in high places are Jews. The only backing Israel has of that land is religion- nothing more

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 9:17am On Oct 12, 2023
camri:
None of the above. The writer couldn't find a perfect conflict to play around with so he came up with an invalid issue to spoil the movie. To my greatest surprise, nothing happened ten years ago. Just unnecessary false alarm by the crazy friend.

Otilo ๐Ÿ˜‚

#Xavier
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:25am On Oct 12, 2023
joseph1832:
For me, I don't even bother anymore. I damn well know I'm not going to watch Barbie. The moment I get to know a movie is about this Woke bullshit, I don't bother myself, I'd rather focus on writing lewd poems than watch such movies.

I'm all eyes grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 9:26am On Oct 12, 2023
ErenXSatoru cool:

You're right and you're wrong. Israel doesn't own shit. Let's just be honest. The only reason the West is in support of Israel all this time is because of the Holocaust ๐Ÿ˜ช.

Israel doesn't own shit, and it's Palestinians that own it?

The Jews own that land, that's what history dating back to the BCs is saying. The Palestinians didn't purchase the land from the Jews, neither did they conquer it from the Jews. It was a case of abandonment due to crisis. How does taking over an abandoned land equate to ownership when the original owners are back for it? What's the rationality in that.

If your argument is that the war is wrong, and the Palestinians should be integrated in the society as settlers and citizens, then you're absolutely right. But on the ground that the land does not belong to the Jews, that's a lie, it's wrong.

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 9:34am On Oct 12, 2023
PatWilson:
i'm watching the movie avatar 3 on netflix mirror. As expected the movie was great
The Last Airbender Season 3 or which Avatar you dey talk about? ๐Ÿค”

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 9:46am On Oct 12, 2023
Ishilove:

I'm all eyes grin
Hehehe. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 10:23am On Oct 12, 2023
NaijaMemes:

Religion has made you ignorant of law and history.

You see how irrational your argument is. We are talking history, you're talking religion. The mere fact that you think bringing in religion will make you sound smart is babyish.

1. The bible is not a historical document. If you don't know, the bible or Torah is not historically accurate.

And here we go with the ignorance. It is well known both in the Academic and lay circle that the Bible is a book of multiple genres, history inclusive.

About the reliability of Biblical history. I won't debate with you on this. Go and meet a Biblical historian, and let him orient you on that. Your ignorance is profound.

Yes, there are few historical discrepancies in the Bible, same with every other historical account out there. It is well known in history that there are historical discrepancies. But this discrepancies are either significant or insignificant. Significant in the sense that, they alter the authenticity of the account. Insignificant in the sense that they do not alter the authenticity of the account, but certain details in the account can't be known.

The historical discrepancies in the Bible are insignificant, that's what historians or super majority of the historians will tell you. As a matter of fact, secular historians do not question the reliability of the Biblical history, they only question the miraculous accounts, and this is due to their naturalistic bias, because historical writings from other sources e.g the Talmud, Taciturn etc attest to the miraculous accounts of the Biblical history.

There are historical discrepancies almost everywhere in history, e.g there are historical discrepancies in;

* The sinking of the Titanic.
* The number of people that died during the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD.
* The timeline and the set of Jews that were banished from Rome during the reign of Emperor Claudius etc

Does that mean this event didn't happen? Of course they did, but we can not know certain details in those events.

Your problem is, you have historical ignorance. Go and learn about historical methodology. It will help you.

2. There were other people apart from Jews living in the area of land known as modern Israel in ancient times. Jews cannot claim that land alone based on history.

3. In any country, the are concepts of squatter's rights, adverse possession, usucaption and acquisitive prescription. This means that of you leave your property for a significant number of years and someone occupies it for a significant number of years, the new occupier gets the right to own the property. It is taken as if you lost or abandoned the property.

The Jews left a piece of land for over a thousand years and want to claim it back. Even Jewish lawyers would tell you that leaving a piece of land for over 100 years is abandonment in any court of law. Even since Roman times.

How did those people come to live there? Very simple, when Nebuchadnezzar took most of the Jews into captivity, he brought people from other nations to inhabit the Jewish lands. But during the Median and Persian empire, that land was handed back to the Jews. As a matter of fact, from the Median and Persian Empire down to the Roman Empire, that land was known and seen as the Jewish kingdoms. Of course, non Jews still lived in Israel during that era e.g the era of Jesus Christ, but they lived there as settlers, and not owners of the land. And Jews had no problem with that.

The great abandonment came after the fall of Jerusalem in 70AD which made the Palestinians to settle in it.

Note, they didn't buy the land from the Jews, neither did they conquer the land from the Jews, they only settled there after the Jews fled due to crisis.

Here's the catch, abandonment does not equate to ownership in the situation where the original owners of the land are back and laying claim to it. That's the fact, and that's something you need to come to terms with.

If the Jews were not laying claims to it, that would have been a different case, but the Jews are laying claims to it, and the Palestinians have to give them back their land, and instead call for integration into the society as settlers and citizens

If your argument is that the war is wrong, and the Palestinians should be integrated in the society as settlers and citizens, then you're absolutely right. But on the ground that the land does not belong to the Jews, that's a lie, it's wrong.

Look, when it comes to this particular history, I have knowledge of it. So don't think you're speaking to an ignorant person.

For instance, should black people and eqyptian pagans claim back their land from the current Egyptian muslims? After all, Egypt was never Islamic historically. Egyptians were a mix of black, middle wastern and European descent if I remember well.

Question,

Are the Muslim Egyptians racially the same as the Ancient Egyptians? If yes, Islamic religion doesn't matter here since we are talking about race and not religion.
But if no, then the next question would be, those desiring to reclaim the land are they the ancient Egyptians or descendants of the ancient Egyptians that once owned that land? If no, then what are they fighting for. This negate your argument.
But if yes, then they have the right to reclaim it back if they have the desire, guts and resources. It is as simple as that. Same goes to the Native Americans.

Because you lack the desire, guts and resources to reclaim your abandoned land doesn't mean some other persons do. It's a case of what you want and the resources to do it.

#Xavier

6 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 10:53am On Oct 12, 2023
BankyGee:

The Last Airbender Season 3 or which Avatar you dey talk about? ๐Ÿค”
E be like say Na from future them send that "Netflix mirror."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 11:07am On Oct 12, 2023
๐ŸŽฅ The Others (2001) = 6.7/10 โœ”๏ธ โค๏ธ

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 11:34am On Oct 12, 2023
The Nun 2
Slow start--fiery middle--typical ending--and everything is okay
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 12:07pm On Oct 12, 2023
phr0nesis:

E be like say Na from future them send that "Netflix mirror."
๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2023
THE EQUALIZER 3 --- 6.5/10

A nice movie with a nice plot, good musical scores, but poor actions in contrast to its prequels. The motion picture would have been way thrilling if, alongside its nice storyline and good musical scores, it was graced with cool and intriguing actions.

My unpopular opinion, we need a spin off film series centering on Emma Collins. She has potentials to bear the franchise on her shoulders.

#Xavier

1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mac0: 4:50pm On Oct 12, 2023
Una don leave Movies or series discussion, come dey argue religion and politics.

After all of una go dey hit head for wall, dey rant, dey report baddestguyp & writernig wey dey post movies in series thread and anime.

Una no see this ones wey dey argue religion abi? Craze people.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2023
Xavier5:

Israel doesn't own shit, and it's Palestinians that own it?

The Jews own that land, that's what history dating back to the BCs is saying. The Palestinians didn't purchase the land from the Jews, neither did they conquer it from the Jews. It was a case of abandonment due to crisis. How does taking over an abandoned land equate to ownership when the original owners are back for it? What's the rationality in that.

#Xavier
How did the Jews get the land in the first place brother๐Ÿ‘€ did they purchase it or they killed mothers and children who mostly meant no harm to them. I'ld even say the Palestinians have more say to that land- they just stayed on the land where their ancestors had lived for ages until some slaves from Egypt killed their people

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 7:41pm On Oct 12, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

How did the Jews get the land in the first place brother๐Ÿ‘€ did they purchase it or they killed mothers and children who mostly meant no harm to them. I'ld even say the Palestinians have more say to that land- they just stayed on the land where their ancestors had lived for ages until some slaves from Egypt killed their people

The Jews had the land by conquering it which is one of the ways lands or kingdoms were gotten in the ancients. But for the Palestines, did they buy the land? No. Did they conquer the land? No. Rather they only took over when the Jews fled their lands due to crisis. Now the Jews are back for their lands.

And news flash, the Palestines were not the same as the Canaanites. Go and read history to find out where the Palestines migrated from. So no, the Palestines, according to antiquity do not have claims and rights to those lands.

But fast forward to 1948, the last time I checked, when the Jews returned to their ancestral land, they agreed to the Partition Plan, which was to establish the State of Israel and the State of Palestines, which were to exist side by side, but the Palestines rejected the plan and instead, backed by the Arab leagues and Egypt, chose to war against Israel, but unfortunately for them, Israel crushed them and are crushing them today.

Today, they're crying foul because they're on the losing end. Currently, the Palestines do not have the capacity to combat Israel, and their Arab allies are useless. Unlike them, after the Israel - Arab war, Israel developed themselves politically, economically, millitary wise, and technologically, and also strengthened their ties with their Western allies, while Palestines due to their stupidity were busy engaging in needless and losing wars and ambitions to eradicate Israel.

Currently, there's no way out for them, except they reject Hamas, and engage in peace talks with Israel to either;

* Establish the two state system

Or

* Establish a unified multi racial, multi religious, and secular nation.

Otherwise, they should forget about it. They will continue living as slaves. They do not have the upper hand here.

Personally, I want the war to end, but the only way such can happen is if the above is or are done.

To avoid derailing this thread, this is the last time I will reply you regarding this here. Maybe we can continue on another thread, but not here.

#Xavier

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Hakeem12(m): 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2023
Yโ€™all should take this discussion to the politics thread abeg

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kevineleven(m): 9:03pm On Oct 12, 2023
joseph1832:

I wonder how people enjoy that movie, too childish and feminine, pink colors everywhere.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3710) (3711) (3712) (3713) (3714) (3715) (3716) ... (3834) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.