Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3730) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3758196 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3727) (3728) (3729) (3730) (3731) (3732) (3733) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 735i(m): 1:15pm On Nov 14, 2023
Can anyone point me to where i can get good movies (from older movies like: the Last Don, The Hobbit, Spartacus to more recent ones) on a external drive. I'm willing to pay if need be.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2023
BlackManta:

When the world needed him most, he vanished

Shame no let dem gree show face for here. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dotng: 2:13pm On Nov 14, 2023
Ahoy boys! The Creator is now available on the high seas. Do what you do best. cool

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 2:30pm On Nov 14, 2023
Dotng:
Ahoy boys! The Creator is now available on the high seas. Do what you do best. cool

I just finished watching this movie.

It's an excellent sci-fi movie. Incredibly well directed, good story and great visuals.

In the age of $200m Disney+ shows, how Gareth Edwards managed to keep the budget for this movie below $100m should be carefully studied.

The guy is a genius.

I don't know why or how this movie flopped.

In another timeline The Creator would've been one of the most successful movies of the year.

It's an underrated masterpiece.

8/10

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2023
735i:
Can anyone point me to where i can get good movies (from older movies like: the Last Don, The Hobbit, Spartacus to more recent ones) on a external drive. I'm willing to pay if need be.
f z m o v I e s
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:38pm On Nov 14, 2023
Netflix seems assured of Oscar nods with this and Maestro.

This awards season surely looks to be the most interesting in years. Best actress and Best Supporting Actress category will be fvvking fierce.

Abeg make December quick reach make person start dey feed. cool cool

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:44pm On Nov 14, 2023
The Equalizer 3......7/10

It's nice watching Mr McCall create carnage on the streets of Sicily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Parizz: 9:14pm On Nov 14, 2023
abduleez1:
The Equalizer 3......7/10

It's nice watching Mr McCall create carnage on the streets of Sicily.
you no dey write epistle again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Parizz: 9:17pm On Nov 14, 2023
oyaskii:

8/10!!

Easily one of the best slapstick comedy comfy flick in recent times.
I was there during the shooting. My house was used
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Parizz: 9:20pm On Nov 14, 2023
abduleez1:
The Killer.....6.5/10

This is probably the worst David Fincher movie I've ever watched. It's not a bad movie but I expected better from Fincher. It was nothing unlike Fincher's previous work and felt more or less like a generic hitman movie. It was pretty slow, boring, and somewhat flat most times...It was only when we got to Tilda Swinton's appearance that my interest was truly piqued and that's very much towards the end.

There were times I wondered what this was all about. It had little character, unlike Fincher's signature mastery. Only Fincher work to date I felt indifferent towards. Fassbender and Tilda did a good job but the plot and the story build up let them down. Film felt like it was meandering without a serious thought to the point to it all.

I also didn't quite find the Cinematography very kind as there were some weird angles and the occasional deliberate way they framed some scenes where characters' faces were cut out from the compositionβ€” mainly just showing their nose down to their lower bodyβ€” it was mostly jarring and distracting.

The first Fincher movie I'd watched where I fell asleep a few times. The few times I felt "this is Fincher" was in the dialogue. Aside from that, this movie's quality doesn't come close to his filmography (at least the ones I've watched).

Not a bad movie. Just not David Fincher's strongest work judging by his pedigree. I guess it didn't help that I already watched 4 David Fincher films earlier this year before now. So the bar was set pretty fvvking high. Especially since he's presently my favourite director.
not long enough

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Parizz: 9:25pm On Nov 14, 2023
oyaskii:
Hmmmm, the takes on this movie are so interesting, somewhat "inorganic" if i should term it properly.

On X (formerly known as Twitter), David Fincher's colleagues are praising the movie to the high heavens and some going far as calling it, "his magnum opus" and yet i keep seeing takes like yours from none industry heads saying it was average at best.

My best inclination is that those industry heads are probably lying or over rating the flick just to do right by one of thier own.

I don't think i have seen a rating above average on the thread here, and i most likely think that's the true reflection of it, though i am yet to see it.

David Fincher is an absolute legend but he was probably due a miss, so fairs but it continues to retritiate the notion i have had for a while that art as it pertains to movies, series and even music is a "dying breed" and I'm sorry, these 3 art forms may never hit the heights of yester years. I was comparing movies and songs from 00-10 and 16' to present some months back, i was so shocked at the obvious deep in quality. Back then you could see like 10 potential oscar best picture property in like the first half of the year, compared to now, because let's be serious, and i say this with love because i really like , but in a "proper movie year", Barbie shouldn't be anywhere near a "Oscar best shout". A "good" movie on a "good day" but totally blown out of proportion by the insane marketing gimmick mainly because of outside forces wanting to make bank with the hysteria.

Worse still, It is now a norm not to expect "magic" from film makers you reverred, because "The killers of the Flower Moon", hype died in like a week, and i have genuinely not heard anything about it in weeks, the hype of the build up was greater than the hype of the release itself and with "The Killer" going astray like this according to you lot, then we might have a serious problem!, because this 2 were supposed to be among the "absolute best" this year. Martin Scorsese and David Fincher having project out in the same year would have been on paper, an avid cinephile wet dream, but it doesn't seem like it. It is only going to get worse, because these actual old heads we trust to deliver on good movies, because they have had a rich history of cinema and the world around to draw inspiration from, are actually about to phase out and the number of projects they release will drastically reduced, so new heads filmmakers who are in thier late 20's and thirties are entering the scene now, Emma Seligman who made "Bottoms" is only 28! meaning her inspiration is from a "pre and post covid woke world, where you have to please everyone even if it goes against your personal believes" meaning more idealistic woke BS movies on the horizon. that looks like she's on top of the female filmmakers food chain now, only just turned 40 this year lool!

I hold movies to a certain standard and I can't genuinely name 10 really good movies from this year that i would say were really good or measured up to that standard and we are in freaking November!!. I don't buy the talk that the strike affected the industry cuz lets be sincere and serious, only DUNE 2 was the only potential really serious movie on paper that the strike affected, if we are looking at things holistically. Movies used to be my perfect gateway but these days i could go days without seeing a flick and i wouldn't flinch, because each time i find the time to see one, it seems like a chore already, playing russian roulette to see the one that will suck less, even the indie "A24" esque ones that you would trust to deliver don dey get K leg. The really good movies i saw this year were from way way back and that says alot.

I can vouch confidently for music, movies and series and thier undeniably decaying quality but i can't say same for other media forms tho since they aren't my forte because it seems my anime guys here are still eating good on a steady.

Well, I coped "The Killer" and Oppenheimer, before i left for a trip but unfortunately for me, i took only the work laptop 😩 and left the entertainment PC at home, thinking i would need to be settled in the comfort of my home to enjoy these 2 on the best platform but e be like say with reviews like this, na to watch this "The Killer" now and get it over with, because" it is the hope that kills" πŸ˜’

kilode. didn't you do summary in school? nawa o. You for kuku ask for extra sheet. mtcheww nonsense

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:56am On Nov 15, 2023
😎😎😎

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kharol1234: 12:05pm On Nov 15, 2023
THE COMEBACK 7.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OSDD(m): 3:33pm On Nov 15, 2023
Abeg who fit direct me to a comment on this thread about an app that can be used to watch any movies, series, sports etc for free.....
The poster dropped a full step by step way of tweaking the app
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:02pm On Nov 15, 2023

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 5:01pm On Nov 15, 2023
OSDD:
Abeg who fit direct me to a comment on this thread about an app that can be used to watch any movies, series, sports etc for free.....
The poster dropped a full step by step way of tweaking the app

MOTHER IS BACK

I'm looking forward to this movie cuz of Sydney Sweeney cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 5:18pm On Nov 15, 2023
abduleez1:
😎😎😎

She understands the assignment.

She's a successful playwright but this is her first major screenwriting gig, I hope she knocks it out of the park.

Now I need James to hire a director with a keen eye for visuals and creative prowess.

Someone like Gareth Edwards can bring the story to live, complete with the stunning visuals and great production design with a lower budget as well.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OSDD(m): 5:37pm On Nov 15, 2023
BlackManta:

MOTHER IS BACK

I'm looking forward to this movie cuz of Sydney Sweeney cool

I forgive you
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2023
abduleez1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzzf8MAEIls?si=8g0gR8iZ33tAsQec

A young Uncle Ben is in this movie.

I couldn't believe my eyes at first.

What in the world is SONY cooking?

All this energy spent building a spiderverse and they not even thinking of making a live action Miles Morales movie.

Instead they giving us movies that no one asked for.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:00pm On Nov 15, 2023
abduleez1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzzf8MAEIls?si=8g0gR8iZ33tAsQec
They spoilt the entire movie in the trailer yet it still looks so mid lmao
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:06pm On Nov 15, 2023
BlackManta:

A young Uncle Ben is in this movie.

I couldn't believe my eyes at first.

What in the world is SONY cooking?

All this energy spent building a spiderverse and they not even thinking of making a live action Miles Morales movie.

Instead they giving us movies that no one asked for.

grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:14pm On Nov 15, 2023
BlackManta:

She understands the assignment.

She's a successful playwright but this is her first major screenwriting gig, I hope she knocks it out of the park.

Now I need James to hire a director with a keen eye for visuals and creative prowess.

Someone like Gareth Edwards can bring the story to live, complete with the stunning visuals and great production design with a lower budget as well.

Hmm, I see. He seems very passionate about female led projects.

I don't know why almost everyone on film twitter is just raving about Greta Gerwig directing this film. Cos I'm yet to see her experience in large set or mad stunning visuals cos this film will definitely be tasking visual-wise and production design.

Anyone who's qualified for the job should be given as long as they're also passionate about the project.
This being Ana's first big screenwriting project is a bit of a concern. But Gunn going all out and saying she more than impressed....it's wait and see.

So far, Gunn has a promising and interesting bunch of creatives and crewmen in his upcoming universe.

The confirmed and rumoured directors is promising. Also, his interesting choice of cast is good. Mixing young people, especially the ones having their breakout phase and young actors presently popular and in the zeitgeist.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dianabrown2323: 4:05am On Nov 16, 2023
Do you know this site:1MoviesHD, a popular online streaming website that offers a vast collection of movies.
Check this comprehensive Review of 1MoviesHD and Best 1MoviesHD Alternatives. https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader/1movieshd-review-and-alternatives.htm
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 1:03pm On Nov 16, 2023
Why is it difficult to find a good all Asian Hollywood movie to enjoy ? Joy Ride and now The Quiz Lady(the end part was okay though) are just ass.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 3:35pm On Nov 16, 2023
The Killer.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 7:16pm On Nov 16, 2023
cry

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2023
Man's cooking for real....

Been waiting for The Authority casting and now it looks interesting. We can agree the actors is diverse, young and promising.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:56pm On Nov 16, 2023
oyaskii:

8/10!!

Easily one of the best slapstick comedy comfy flick in recent times.
I laughed myself silly. That movie is gold
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 11:42pm On Nov 16, 2023
abduleez1:
Man's cooking for real....

Been waiting for The Authority casting and now it looks interesting. We can agree the actors is diverse, young and promising.
I think it's Superman Legacy, rather than The Authority
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:54am On Nov 17, 2023
phr0nesis:

I think it's Superman Legacy, rather than The Authority

I know it's for Superman Legacy. She's a member of the Authority, so we're eventually going to see her in The Authority movie nonetheless.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Foreverecharge1: 4:23am On Nov 17, 2023
Forever, funcam, Gshare, vip, Apollo
Recharge cards available
+919809909600
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 7:10am On Nov 17, 2023
abduleez1:

I know it's for Superman Legacy. She's a member of the Authority, so we're eventually going to see her in The Authority movie nonetheless.
Oh
So her role in Superman Legacy is to answer "present sir," in preparation for The Authority.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3727) (3728) (3729) (3730) (3731) (3732) (3733) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: chibzu, Greatdesi(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.