Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (657) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3755240 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 11:42pm On May 03, 2018
oyetpel:

WTF did you just say?

When someone labelled a critically acclaimed and commercially successful movie like Inception "the worst movie", then there's no need of getting shocked about his comments.

He's the same person that labelled the The Hateful Eight and Samuel L. Jackson as crappy movie/actor. LMAO.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 11:47pm On May 03, 2018
Sonu ke titu sweety (Indian Film) - 8/10 Downloaded and watched out of boredom but enjoyed it. So hilarious cheesy cheesy grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 11:48pm On May 03, 2018
Beorn:

When someone labelled a critically acclaimed and commercially successful movie like Inception "the worst movie", then there's no need of getting shocked about his comments.

He's the same person that labelled the The Hateful Eight and Samuel L. Jackson as crappy movie/actor. LMAO.

People like him should not watch Hollywood movies again.

Maybe he is into action.

I stopped discussing movie with a friend of mine, because he's only into action genre.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bamz(m): 12:17am On May 04, 2018
mekaprime:

Dr strange really bleeped up. He could have let Thanos kill Tony Stark, after all he had the time stone & could make alterations to time....With every other hero but the core Avengers member gone, the next part will be so lit... 9/10

You obviously don't get the gist. The Avengers have only one chance to win the war out of 14 million odds (as Dr Strange had seen). He also said that he'd protect the gem above anyone's life. So why do you think he let Stark live? wink

See you in Avengers 4!

I give Avengers IW a 9.

Most emotional moment: Spiderman says to Stark, "I don't want to go, please, I don't want to go, Mr. Stark." and then he vanishes
Notable mention: Scenes including Thamos and Gamora. There seems to be love with all the hatred.

Best Character: Thanos, hands down.

PS. I love Groot the same way I love Hodor. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Csami(m): 12:23am On May 04, 2018
introvertme:

Inception had spent close to a year on my phone.

After watching it,I felt like crying.

I would have just deleted it instead of wasting my mb and time.

Inception and memento are among the worst movies I've seen.

These days Mindfuck=Total bore,like fall of the chair while sleeping kind of bore.

The two movies combined isn't even half of a black mirror episode.

Bro, inception is one awesome movie. Just give it another watch and you won't regret it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Csami(m): 12:32am On May 04, 2018
Bamz:

You obviously don't get the gist. The Avengers have only one chance to win the war out of 14 million odds (as Dr Strange had seen). He also said that he'd protect the gem above anyone's life. So why do you think he let Stark live? wink

See you in Avengers 4!

I give Avengers IW a 9.

Most emotional moment: Spiderman says to Stark, "I don't want to go, please, I don't want to go, Mr. Stark." and then he vanishes
Notable mention: Scenes including Thamos and Gamora. There seems to be love with all the hatred.

Just like Madara, Thanos is not a bad guy. He's just trying to balance the universe so he can rest.

Black Panther - 7/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 12:49am On May 04, 2018
Ishilove:

So it's not like Annabelle Creation?

At all. It's just strange till you get what's going on.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 1:00am On May 04, 2018
Black Panther 5/10.

So i had the chance to see Black Panther again.

The first time i saw the movie at the cinema i rated it 6/10.
Today i have reduced it to 5/10.

Black Panther is so overated and it didn't live up to the crazy hype.
Marvel fanboys might come for my head.
But the truth is even after seeing the movie nearly 3 times, i still cant get myself to like it.

I can point out several flaws in that movie but let's start with the good part shall we

The good thing about Black Panther is the way African cultural elements was potrayed.
The movie is based in Africa so i was expecting it and Marvel didn't dissapoint.
They put up a good effort in expressing the aesthetic authencity of African elements in this movie.

Another thing i liked about Black Panther was Andy Serkis (Ulysses Klaue) and Michael B Jordan (Killmonger)
Andy's acting was superb. He was the only one who seemed like he wasn't reading from a script and he got genuine laughs out of me.

Michael's acting was a close second.
He brought Killmonger to life unlike Boseman whoose character was very dull and boring.

What i didn't like in BLACK PANTHER

Now lets get down to the bad aspects of this overhyped movie.

1. Predictable and Poor storyline:

The story was extremely predictable and to be honest I don't know if the most virtuous resolution was reached in the climax. Michael B Jordan's character had fairly reasonable intentions for wanting to kill the Black Panther and take his place in Wakanda as he had been abandoned, with seemingly no family, to live in the ghettos of Oakland. However, his whole plan to give advanced Wakandan weaponry to every African person in the world so they could kill and overthrow people in power who weren't African was extremely "on-the-chin" in terms of its narrative motivations within the current climate. It wasn't remotely clever or nuanced and really unbalanced his character, his motivations were understandable but his plan was moronic. Additionally, who didn't see Black Panther surviving his fall? Who didn't see the Gorilla tribe coming to the rescue at the end? The entire movie was so bland and predictable I wanted it to be over well before the end.

2. LACK OF CHARACTER VALUE

I didn't fall in love with any major character except Ulysses and Killmonger.
Most part of the movie focused on T'challa but in the end i found his character very boring and dull.

Forest Whitaker's character was shallow. I barely knew him. So i didn't give a Bleep when he died.

In this movie they spend maybe 30 seconds building up the characters, if even that. They just assume that we will have feelings to any character who pops up in the movie - BUT WE DON'T.
If anyone fights, almost dies and in the end dies anyways we just do not care since we do not get to know the person. Forrest Whitaker acts is but off yet you do not care if he dies... WHO is he, tell us something about him before please (!).

3. POOR ACTING

The acting was very wooden - Not a lot to say here really, some really poor line delivery from the cast across the board except for Andy Serkis and Michael B Jordan. No one was particularly charismatic, the main character for instance was extremely boring.

4. POOR SCRIPT

The script was very robotic - This ties into the poor acting, but perhaps as a result of the script, some of the actors never really had a chance to bring their characters to life.

5. T'CHALA

Basically throughout the entire movie you never really learn anything or see anything of the Black Panther's character, he basically moves from one place to another showing no emotion and just either smashes things or asks people questions. Apparently the character is supposed to be very intelligent, while it was probably a narrative choice, the Black Panther in this movie seemed like an emotionless Jarhead whose only really characteristic was that he get nervous around his girlfriend..

6. POOR ACTION SEQUENCE

Apart from the impressive car chase and the challenge stuff, every other fight scene in this movie was average and lacklustre.
the action in the movie is terrible and not remotely on the level of the well-choreographed fighting in say Captain America Winter Soldier - please for the love of god show someone getting punched or kicked without having to cut the shot 5 times.

7. POOR CGI

The CGI in this movie is terrible.
Did any one notice the Rhinos
Very poor CGI.
the CGI was awful in the action scenes: whenever someone was even prodded, they would go flying across the screen in the most outlandish fashion.
the CGI on Black Panther felt extremely overused and was surprisingly quite bad.

8. SOUNDTRACK

The impressive Kendrick Lamar curated soundtracks barely feature in this movie.
The orchestral score is also quite average, coming in strong at weird moments and being quite out of place in certain places.

BLACK PANTHER 5/10

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints1: 1:03am On May 04, 2018
black panther blue ray is out.... let me know see what everyone is shouting about...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 1:04am On May 04, 2018
introvertme:

Inception had spent close to a year on my phone.

After watching it,I felt like crying.

I would have just deleted it instead of wasting my mb and time.

Inception and memento are among the worst movies I've seen.

These days Mindfuck=Total bore,like fall of the chair while sleeping kind of bore.

The two movies combined isn't even half of a black mirror episode.

The purpose of those movies isn't to accept them as fact but the possibility of occurrence.

No movie is actually real so they just delve away from the norms. We call them mind bending cos it takes your mind to uncharted areas and makes you think wow this could be logically possible and thus you are entertained.

Inception is one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. Interestingly we do not know if the final scene was a dream or reality.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 1:05am On May 04, 2018
Beorn:

Now I understand.

Hateful 8. Did he listen to the dialogue in that movie. Calling it crap is sacrilege.

If you hate inception and hateful 8 no need to explain again. Enjoy the one you like

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints1: 1:08am On May 04, 2018
ponti93:
Thanos is exactly the kind of villain we have been waiting for... d funniest part was how hulk was beaten that he refused to eva come out to fyt.... Lol... Dr. Strange was the only person who impresses me in the fight... Den thor wen he got his new hammer... Wat i loved so much abt the movie was dat dey made d villian win... U knw its nt everyday dat u see dat. In summary its an enjoyable movie
yh but the truth is none of the avengers really die doctor strange will go back in time to correct things plus thanos will surrender and be defeated the film has a sequel which is coming out next year all this will happen in part two so I won't be surprised if thanos will be manipulated...I Haven't seen the movie but I know what will happen...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints1: 1:09am On May 04, 2018
BlackManta:
Black Panther 5/10.

But the truth is even after seeing the movie nearly 3 times, i still cant get myself to like it.

I can point out several flaws in that movie but let's start with the good part shall we

The good thing about Black Panther is the way African cultural elements was potrayed.
The movie is based in Africa so i was expecting it and Marvel didn't dissapoint.
They put up a good effort in expressing the aesthetic authencity of African elements in this movie.

Another thing i liked about Black Panther was Andy Serkis (Ulysses Klaue) and Michael B Jordan (Killmonger)
Andy's acting was superb. He was the only one who seemed like he wasn't reading from a script and he got genuine laughs out of me.

He brought Killmonger to life unlike Boseman whoose character was very dull and boring.

The story was extremely predictable and to be honest I don't know if the most virtuous resolution was reached in the climax. Michael B Jordan's character had fairly reasonable intentions for wanting to kill the Black Panther and take his place in Wakanda as he had been abandoned, with seemingly no family, to live in the ghettos of Oakland. However, his whole plan to give advanced Wakandan weaponry to every African person in the world so they could kill and overthrow people in power who weren't African was extremely "on-the-chin" in terms of its narrative motivations within the current climate. It wasn't remotely clever or nuanced and really unbalanced his character, his motivations were understandable but his plan was moronic. Additionally, who didn't see Black Panther surviving his fall? Who didn't see the Gorilla tribe coming to the rescue at the end? The entire movie was so bland and predictable I wanted it to be over well before the end.

Most part of the movie focused on T'challa but in the end i found his character very boring and dull.

Forest Whitaker's character was shallow. I barely knew him. So i didn't give a Bleep when he died.

In this movie they spend maybe 30 seconds building up the characters, if even that. They just assume that we will have feelings to any character who pops up in the movie - BUT WE DON'T.
If anyone fights, almost dies and in the end dies anyways we just do not care since we do not get to know the person. Forrest Whitaker acts is but off yet you do not care if he dies... WHO is he, tell us something about him before please (!).

3. POOR ACTING

The acting was very wooden - Not a lot to say here really, some really poor line delivery from the cast across the board except for Andy Serkis and Michael B Jordan. No one was particularly charismatic, the main character for instance was extremely boring.

4. POOR SCRIPT

The script was very robotic - This ties into the poor acting, but perhaps as a result of the script, some of the actors never really had a chance to bring their characters to life.

5. T'CHALA

Basically throughout the entire movie you never really learn anything or see anything of the Black Panther's character, he basically moves from one place to another showing no emotion and just either smashes things or asks people questions. Apparently the character is supposed to be very intelligent, while it was probably a narrative choice, the Black Panther in this movie seemed like an emotionless Jarhead whose only really characteristic was that he get nervous around his girlfriend..

6. POOR ACTION SEQUENCE

Apart from the impressive car chase and the challenge stuff, every other fight scene in this movie was average and lacklustre.
the action in the movie is terrible and not remotely on the level of the well-choreographed fighting in say Captain America Winter Soldier - please for the love of god show someone getting punched or kicked without having to cut the shot 5 times.

7. POOR CGI

Very poor CGI.
the CGI was awful in the action scenes: whenever someone was even prodded, they would go flying across the screen in the most outlandish fashion.
the CGI on Black Panther felt extremely overused and was surprisingly quite bad.

8. SOUNDTRACK

The orchestral score is also quite average, coming in strong at weird moments and being quite out of place in certain places.

BLACK PANTHER 5/10
that's why I Like seeing my movies in blue ray or web rip enuf of cinema nonsense... the best marvel movie for me is captain america civil war looks like the avengers to me and I rate it 8/10 for me to rate a movie 8 it must be damn good... CGI Storyline comedy fights everything was top notch
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints1: 1:27am On May 04, 2018
Bamz:

See you in Avengers 4!

I give Avengers IW a 9.

u guys are tempting me to watch this avenger movie but I will wait till august before I see it #team blue-ray fvck cinemas

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 6:19am On May 04, 2018
olu4life:

Can be scary to some though but average to me. Horror movies are my favourite sha grin But quite cool as per real life story ish.
these new generation horror movies ain't that scary again,and most of them concentrate on haunted,ghost ,black magic theme.
I prefer slashing,gory, graphics theme horror e.g saw, wrong turn,Texas chainsaw massacre, hill have eyes, final destination, hostel.
I miss this type of horror
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 7:52am On May 04, 2018
Beorn:

If there's an international manhunt for any human be him a Nigerian or not, for commiting a "spoilers" crime, you must find him or her in that thread.

The few times I followed that thread, 3 or 4 days before an episode premiers in the foreign countries, even though it's not been out for download, the fratboys of spoilers are already posting spoilers of the episode. WTF. It's like they hacked the laptops of the producers of the series to leak the infos. I won't be surprised if the director of the series and owner of the GOT novels are on that thread. If they invade this thread, I'll unfollow it and never look back. grin grin

lol....its their work.....suspense killers......but some spoilers are just inevitable... e.g...this infinity war.....

just 2 days after it premiered... someone spoilt it for me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 7:54am On May 04, 2018
sprints1:
u guys are tempting me to watch this avenger movie but I will wait till august before I see it #team blue-ray fvck cinemas

walahi ....gringrin....team bluray.....and its September.....grin

just pray sef dey don't get greedy and make this six months like Xmen:Apocalypsegrin

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SAMBHOSS(m): 8:00am On May 04, 2018
Csami:

Just like Madara, Thanos is not a bad guy. He's just trying to balance the universe so he can rest.

Black Panther - 7/10

Madara fellgringrin....thanos will too....Madara was Bad ooogrin....it was Tendo pain Who wanted to balance the universegrin

abeg make una no kill me for the small digression....

na trip down memory lanegrin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by introvertme: 10:38am On May 04, 2018
Black panther - It's a solid 6/10

Their Shitty accent had me cringing all through
Michael .B Jordan deserves an accolade for his rĂ´le, the movie would have been shit without him in it.

The Princess is a terrible actress, she acted in the last episode of black mirror's latest season if I'm not mistaken,she made that episode terrible.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 10:58am On May 04, 2018
sod09:
these new generation horror movies ain't that scary again,and most of them concentrate on haunted,ghost ,black magic theme.
I prefer slashing,gory, graphics theme horror e.g saw, wrong turn,Texas chainsaw massacre, hill have eyes, final destination, hostel.
cheesy Not a fan of saw. Too gory. But the likes of Hill Have Eyes, Hostel, Final Destination, got my vote grin
The haunted/ghost movies still gets at me. The likes of The Conjuring, Annabelle, Demon House etc
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by thedramacool: 11:37am On May 04, 2018
armadeo:

i loved looper.

the movie was a loop. lol.

the bad guy was the child who became the bad guy because bruce willis killed his mum.

the only way that bruce could stop the child from becoming the bad guy was not to kill his mum and the old willis wont stop so young willis had to kill himself so that old willis dies and cant kill his mum therefore no more bad guy.

lol its insane and i love it.

SAMBHOSS:

Madara fellgringrin....thanos will too....Madara was Bad ooogrin....it was Tendo pain Who wanted to balance the universegrin

abeg make una no kill me for the small digression....

na trip down memory lanegrin
There are many types of computer games available in markets these days. There are various fun games which can easily be bought from markets. Some companies are there who are especially making computer games for girls. Similarly, other kinds of <b><a href="https://apkpure.to/">apkpure</a></b> are also
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dotng: 1:34pm On May 04, 2018
sprints1:
that's why I Like seeing my movies in blue ray or web rip enuf of cinema nonsense... the best marvel movie for me is captain america civil war looks like the avengers to me and I rate it 8/10 for me to rate a movie 8 it must be damn good... CGI Storyline comedy fights everything was top notch
Your rating is coming late in the day. After the everyone has enjoyed it and the hype is going down because there are new movies on the block it is understandable that the rating will be low.
Put it in another way, those that drink a bottle of coke immediately after opening it will have a different experience from those that drank theirs after it has been opened for 30 minutes.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 1:38pm On May 04, 2018
Beorn:

I am weak...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 1:42pm On May 04, 2018
sod09:

final destination!! I had goosebumps all through watching it, a very very scary movie, a great movie though.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 1:42pm On May 04, 2018
BlackManta:
Black Panther 5/10.

3. POOR ACTING

4. POOR SCRIPT

5. T'CHALA

6. POOR ACTION SEQUENCE

7. POOR CGI

Very poor CGI.

8. SOUNDTRACK

BLACK PANTHER 5/10
You have no joy. I haven't watched Black Panther, but now I already know that Forest Whitaker's character died somewhere before the end of the movie. You have also critically analysed a movie that has not been seen by large percentage of us on this thread.

You have removed every element of surprise and expectation. Nothing to look forward to again. I might as well not even bother downloading again since you have ruined it all.

Thanks for spoiling the movie. Thanks a lot.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Miggs(m): 1:45pm On May 04, 2018
I finally watched the Black Panther movie and I was STUNNED!!!
The movie is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!! .
This is coming from a hardcore cynic of movies especially comic book ones.
I can't believe this movie wasn't made earlier.
The plot,characters,social commentary,African language,African settings,African music,African accents,family drama,romance,combat scenes,politics,subtle humour.
Oh my goodness!!
Watching this movie gave me a warm feeling in my heart.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 1:48pm On May 04, 2018
BlackManta, next time when a film doesn't impress you, kindly find more sensitive ways of critiquing without ruining the fun for the rest of us.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 1:58pm On May 04, 2018
Ishilove:
BlackManta, next time when a film doesn't impress you, kindly find more sensitive ways of critiquing without ruining the fun for the rest of us.

How did i ruin the fun
Come on, i just dropped my honest review.
I meant no harm smiley

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 2:01pm On May 04, 2018
BlackManta:

How did i ruin the fun
Come on, i just dropped my honest review. spoilers
I meant no harm smiley
angry angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 2:19pm On May 04, 2018
Ishilove:

You have no joy. I haven't watched Black Panther, but now I already know that Forest Whitaker's character died somewhere before the end of the movie. You have also critically analysed a movie that has not been seen by large percentage of us on this thread.

You have removed every element of surprise and expectation. Nothing to look forward to again. I might as well not even bother downloading again since you have ruined it all.

Thanks for spoiling the movie. Thanks a lot.

Come on, its been nearly 3 MONTHS since that movie was released.
3 fucking months.
Perhaps i should have waited 9 months before dropping a complete review (with spoilers) undecided

Btw, i know that some people have not seen the movie.
But that has nothing to do with me.
I heard that the clear blu ray version is out.
So if anyone has not seen it, then its because they dont want to.
Or maybe they are not interested in the movie.
Or maybe they wanna wait another 2 months before seeing the movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 2:34pm On May 04, 2018
Miggs:
I finally watched the Black Panther movie and I was STUNNED!!!
The movie is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!! .
This is coming from a hardcore cynic of movies especially comic book ones.
I can't believe this movie wasn't made earlier.
The plot,characters,social commentary,African language,African settings,African music,African accents,family drama,romance,combat scenes,politics,subtle humour.
Oh my goodness!!
Watching this movie gave me a warm feeling in my heart.

In my review, i said we should all be happy a movie like this was made in our lifetime. Many are ungrateful for saying that BP is overrated. It might be a cliche, but it's thrilling.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 2:35pm On May 04, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.