Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,518 members, 7,823,226 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (837) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3762485 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) ... (3837) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by okooloyun1(m): 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2018
Attrition 3.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 28, 2018
Kaycee7:
I don't get how I'm being sentimental. I started out with 80s action classics. So I know when violence is being glorified. Someone killed a family member, kill them and everyone affiliated with them. Someone slapped your sister, kill them all. Someone looked at your wife funny, kill them all. Someone killed your dog, kill them all.
The aim of Wonder Woman's violence was more for liberation than vengeance. Remember, she thought if she defeated Ares, then his soldiers would be free from his influence. And I think there was a scene where she expressed concern for the "minions" she had to battle. At the end, she discovered it wasn't a hypnotic influence, as much as it was a facet of man's personality. How's that sentimental?

You're still being sentimental. You're giving her more due than she deserved. If you can shed your cloak of sentimentality for a sec, you'd see that Wonder Woman is nothing but a petulant woman, that acts impulsively like a child, and also seems to lack the level of critical thinking one would expect of a metahuman that underwent Spartan training on steroids.

At the highlighted, it's easy enough to liberate mankind when there were no strong and persistent antagonistic presence in the whole script. Just saying.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 28, 2018
MJBOLT:
even steppenwolf had the same issue.it took the olympian gods,green lantern corps,atlateans,amazons to defeat him yet he could not even do serious damage to diana

Exactly. She's perpetually cloaked in plot armor/plot conveniences.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 3:00pm On Sep 28, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Contradictory. Your 2nd highlighted contradicted the first, and goes further to consolidate my postulation.

Not contradictory.

Unless if you think that availability of a feminine superhero costume for girls is feminism?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 28, 2018
oyetpel:

Not contradictory.

Unless if you think that availability of a feminine superhero costume for girls feminism?

You said yourself she's giving young girls fairy tale ideas. The truth is women can never be men's equal in terms of physical prowess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:05pm On Sep 28, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

You're still being sentimental. You're giving her more due than she deserved. If you can shade your cloak of sentimentality for a sec, you'd see that Wonder Woman is nothing but a petulant woman, that acts impulsively like a child, and also seems to lack the level of critical thinking one would expect of a metahuman that underwent Spartan training on steroids.

At the highlighted, it's easy enough to liberate mankind when there were no strong and persistent antagonistic presence in the whole script. Just saying.
But she was brought up to believe myths and legends were real, some of which actually are. You could liken her to the average Nigerian who believes the source of their misfortune is a relative in the village, because that's the information they were exposed to.
Wonder Woman reacted according to the teachings and lore she had been raised to believe. But by the end of the movie, she had shaded that naivety
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 3:19pm On Sep 28, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

You said yourself she's giving young girls fairy tale ideas. The truth is women can never be men's equal in terms of physical prowess.

Wait, Are movies real? Aren't they fairy tales?

Ok, when you were young and you watched Superhero movies.

Did you become Spiderman?

Batman? etc?

What i am saying is, boys can dress up like Batman, Iron man, spiderman etc. Is it always the issue of feminism when young girls can also dress like WW, Captain Marvel?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MobileGees: 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2018
Wonder Woman was a trash movie, and relied much too heavily on cliches, to the point where nothing felt original or new. It's just an overhyped garbage like Black panther.angry

The fight scenes was even worse, it's just looks like a PS3 video game cutscene

Poor editing
Poor Action Scenes
Poor Directing
Poor acting
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 28, 2018
Kaycee7:
But she was brought up to believe myths and legends were real, some of which actually are. You could liken her to the average Nigerian who believes the source of their misfortune is a relative in the village, because that's the information they were exposed to.
Wonder Woman reacted according to the teachings and lore she had been raised to believe. But by the end of the movie, she had shaded that naivety.

Yeah, but harm has already been done. If the film has another tangible message apart from the feminism ish, it must have gotten lost in the cloudy muck of a weak script, cuz for the life of me, I can't find it.

You may have chosen to see differently, because to your strong bias to DC and your obvious infatuation to Gal Gadot. She's hot, so I don't blame you.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2018
oyetpel:

Wait, Are movies real? Aren't they fairy tales?

Ok, when you were young and you watched Superhero movies.

Did you become Spiderman?

Batman? etc?

What i am saying is, boys can dress up like Batman, Iron man, spiderman etc. Is it always the issue of feminism when young girls can also dress like WW, Captain Marvel?

Nah, you're missing the point. It's never about wearing of superhero costumes, rather, the political and social message behind every superhero film.

Remember you said, and I quote,

Isn't it nice to have young girls to also wish they have WW strength, abilities and beauty?

If that's the only thing young girls were able to glean from the whole film, then it validates my point. You and Kaycee said no feminism BS, yet your quote says otherwise.

It also shows that you bought into the delusional feminism Woman Woman is slinging. A form of feminism that convinces some women that they can match and surpass the opposite sex in physical prowess, which is total BS, and wrong.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Friedyokes: 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
I believe the award for plot armor/plot convenience has to go ....drum roll please .....yh you guessed it ....the mad titan himself ...THANOS ...the fight sequence on his home planet ...was ridiculous grin grin

That aside I liked his reason for doing what he did cause if you think about it ...he was right ...and in trying to prevent him from achieving his goal...the avengers were the bad guys smiley
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
wonder woman is not a trash movie

MobileGees:
Wonder Woman was a trash movie, and relied much too heavily on cliches, to the point where nothing felt original or new. It's just an overhyped garbage like Black panther.angry

Poor editing
Poor Action Scenes
Poor Directing
Poor acting
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 28, 2018
Friedyokes:
I believe the award for plot armor/plot convenience has to go ....drum roll please .....yh you guessed it ....the mad titan himself ...THANOS ...the fight sequence on his home planet ...was ridiculous grin grin

That aside I liked his reason for doing what he did cause if you think about it ...he was right ...and in trying to prevent him from achieving his goal...the avengers were the bad guys smiley

You're on to something. It's all a matter of POV, really. That's why I will always stress that good and evil don't really exist in the ways we want them to, they are merely a subject/theme/motif/content in your perception of morality.

Hitler by starting a world war strengthened an ailing German economy. I'm pretty sure he saw himself as the good guy, and the allied forces as the bad guys, pretty much like the American South fought to keep their slaves, because their entire livelihood and economy depended on their cotton plantations, tended to by their slaves. No slaves, no cotton, no profit. Poverty. Death.

Thanos felt the same way. Doesn't infer he's a good or bad guy, rather, just another guy with an ideal, but with enough power to actually do something about it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 28, 2018
MobileGees:

Poor editing
Poor Action Scenes
Poor Directing
Poor acting
Inasmuch as your comment pleases me, I've to remain objective. Wonder Woman is not trash. It falls within the categories of "serviceable" and "okay".
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by louiskay(m): 5:14pm On Sep 28, 2018
Hotel Artemis is an horrible trash... please don't anticipate any entertainment from that confused movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:29pm On Sep 28, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Yeah, but harm has already been done. If the film has another tangible message apart from the feminism ish, it must have gotten lost in the cloudy muck of a weak script, cuz for the life of me, I can't find it.

You may have chosen to see differently, because to your strong bias to DC and your obvious infatuation to Gal Gadot. She's hot, so I don't blame you.
No more than I can blame you for drooling over Scarlet Johansson.

I still maintain that there was no feminist BS in Wonder Woman. Any rational thinking female being inspired that the average woman can match the physical strength of the average man, from a comic book movie probably believes that a spider bite will give arachnid-like abilities.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
MJBOLT:
wonder woman is not a trash movie

Really wish you just ignored him.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SIRcumalot: 5:34pm On Sep 28, 2018
louiskay:
Hotel Artemis is an horrible trash... please don't anticipate any entertainment from that confused movie.
Kai!
I really like the trailer and dey wait to watch am.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 28, 2018
Kaycee7:
No more than I can blame you for drooling over Scarlet Johansson.

I still maintain that there was no feminist BS in Wonder Woman. Any rational thinking female being inspired that the average woman can match the physical strength of the average man, from a comic book movie probably believes that a spider bite will give arachnid-like abilities.

Believe it or not, there are such women out there. They actually believe whatever men can do, they can do it better. Remember Rhonda Rousey? She used to be one of those women, until Holly Holm (another woman) brought her back from fantasy.

PS: Everyone loves Scarlett.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Juzec: 5:48pm On Sep 28, 2018
Constantine
6/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Believe it or not, there are such women out there. They actually believe whatever men can do, they can do it better. Remember Rhonda Rousey? She used to be one of those women, until Holly Holm (another woman) brought her back from fantasy.

PS: Everyone loves Scarlett.
No wonder Ronda decamped to WWE where she's given scripts that have her tossing Triple H around. Did she really want an intergender MMA match? Some people got a death wish. Anyway, like I said, no rational thinking woman.

Oh, and everybody loves Gal. tongue
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hakeemlyon: 6:05pm On Sep 28, 2018
I wish this thread could go back to when you can give your opinion about a movie without being overly scrutinized. Tired of scrolling through over stretched argument about old movies.. pleasssssss stop the arguments and give us a simple review about a movie you have seen recently without being dramatic. If you hate a movie, you shouldn't expect everyone to feel the same way.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:40pm On Sep 28, 2018
It's a forum, you whiny imbeciles. You want reviews? IMDB, Metacritic & Rotten Tomatoes got you covered. It's not like this is even exclusively a review thread. If we're to stick strictly to the topic, we'd just drop titles and keep quiet. Malaka!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 28, 2018
Kaycee7:
No wonder Ronda decamped to WWE where she's given scripts that have her tossing Triple H around. Did she really want an intergender MMA match? Some people got a death wish. Anyway, like I said, no rational thinking woman.

Oh, and everybody loves Gal. tongue

I kinda wish the match took place. Would have loved to see Floyd knock her out in under 5 secs. That'd teach her. Holly Holm embarrassed the hell out of her though, so it's still a happy ending, I guess. Not the one I wished for, but it will do.

You're right tho. I like Gal. Too bad she got snagged by DCEU. She would have made a great female MCU superhero. embarassed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 28, 2018
Kaycee7:
It's a forum, you whiny imbeciles. You want reviews? IMDB, Metacritic & Rotten Tomatoes got you covered. It's not like this is even exclusively a review thread. If we're to stick strictly to the topic, we'd just drop titles and keep quiet. Malaka!

I wanted to say something, but yours will do. You said exactly what's on my mind.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 6:52pm On Sep 28, 2018
Kaycee7:

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Joered63: 7:18pm On Sep 28, 2018
hakeemlyon:
I wish this thread could go back to when you can give your opinion about a movie without being overly scrutinized. Tired of scrolling through over stretched argument about old movies.. pleasssssss stop the arguments and give us a simple review about a movie you have seen recently without being dramatic. If you hate a movie, you shouldn't expect everyone to feel the same way.

To be honest I enjoy it. Keep an open mind, u just might too
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 28, 2018
Hotel Artemis..

It was really a punishment watching this movie embarassed
If not for my hard earned mb,could have deleted it halfway.

4/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 7:29pm On Sep 28, 2018
olu4life:

Heard of the female Thor thingy, Wont make sense. But thoroughly enjoyed Wonder Woman grin cheesy Watched thrice sef.

The success of Wonder woman is the reason why marvel and DC want to push more female superhero characters.

The female Thor doesn't look bad though. Her comic version looks sexy. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 7:33pm On Sep 28, 2018
MJBOLT:
then the end of the MCU is near

Not yet.

Throwing out female flip flop characters won't end marvel. This they want to prove with captain marvel movie. Once they succeed, it is a signal that more female superhero characters taking over their male counterparts will emerge.

What will kill marvel and DC is their planned change of sexual orientation of some superhero characters by making them gay.

DclC once made a flash that was gay and marvel made a spiderman that was gay.

If they released such characters in film, then that will be their end.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Joered63: 7:39pm On Sep 28, 2018
krattoss:
Hotel Artemis..

It was really a punishment watching this movie embarassed
If not for my hard earned mb,could have deleted it halfway.

4/10

Mehn! The movie was just there, alot of people talking tough but nothing. Was hoping for some real action, but at the end it just reminded me why I prefer watching series. Because it's hard to find a good movie, and each wrong choice is painful because of the amount of Data wasted in downloading them.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 7:39pm On Sep 28, 2018
louiskay:

I went through some stress downloading the movie but unfortunately after reaching 35minutes into the film, it jump straight to 1hour 10mins of the film, so I am lost as I missed about 40minutes of the movie.

Will try to download another version tomorrow and then I will be able to share my thoughts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) ... (3837) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.