Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,286 members, 7,860,670 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:06 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (934) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3830278 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) (937) ... (3863) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 1:53pm On Nov 26, 2018
TissuePaper:
AH.CB my man how far na grin
get lost. Thank you as you comply.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TissuePaper: 1:57pm On Nov 26, 2018
AHCB:
get lost. Thank you as you comply.
I no con dey dey see you for Ashewo thread again na, abi dem nak you dat tin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sexymoma(f): 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2018
Princess Switch 8/10
The hate you give 10/10 abeg
5 weddings 7/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 26, 2018
Pi'mp. 6/10
The hiphops in the backgrounds turned me on. And also the gangster like lexicon convo.

Otherwise 5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 3:45pm On Nov 26, 2018
Accepted ... 9/10
Genre :Comedy

The humor was on point, I really had some good laughs here & there. The concept was very realistic, as the movie strongly portrayed the ridiculous nature of the educational system.
I not only enjoyed the movie but was also inspired. "The true purpose of education is to stimulate the creativity & passion of the student body" .....my favorite line.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 5:03pm On Nov 26, 2018
omoowhe:
is it out yet

Only in cinemas
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 5:56pm On Nov 26, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Also take note that your top character movies should be hitting the $1bn mark to be tagged as successful.

Marvel's iron man 3, Captain America winter soldier, Avengers 1-4 and even Black panther broke this milestone.

As for DC, the last time this was achieved by a major character was the dark Knight.

BVS was a let down even with 3 major characters in it. Not to talk of the crappy justice league movie

This is the first time I'm seeing this.
Who the fuçk made that law shocked
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 6:02pm On Nov 26, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Also take note that your top character movies should be hitting the $1bn mark to be tagged as successful.

Marvel's iron man 3, Captain America winter soldier, Avengers 1-4 and even Black panther broke this milestone.

As for DC, the last time this was achieved by a major character was the dark Knight.

BVS was a let down even with 3 major characters in it. Not to talk of the crappy justice league movie

Iron Man 1 and 2 and the first Captain America film failed to hit 1 billion, does it mean they are unsuccessful

Who made the law that your top characters must hit billions to avoid being a failure undecided

Marvel made 19 films, only 4 hit billions.
Does it mean the remaining 15 films are failures

I don't know what's with you and billions but Hollywood doesn't work that way undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 6:25pm On Nov 26, 2018
BlackManta:

Iron Man 1 and 2 and the first Captain America film failed to hit 1 billion, does it mean they are unsuccessful

Who made the law that your top characters must hit billions to avoid being a failure undecided

Marvel made 19 films, only 4 hit billions.
Does it mean the remaining 15 films are failures

I don't know what's with you and billions but Hollywood doesn't work that way undecided

Marvel has more than 4 movies that hit past $1bn mark. This year alone black panther crossed $1bn while Avengers (2018) crossed$2bn. You can check google as I don't have time to bring the list out.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/666617/Batman-v-Superman-Box-Office-flop-1-billion-mark-failure/amp

^^^ Kindly read this

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 6:28pm On Nov 26, 2018
BlackManta:

This is the first time I'm seeing this.
Who the fuçk made that law shocked

Go and ask them in Hollywood. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 6:39pm On Nov 26, 2018
If you throw in your biggest heroes in one film, spend so much on the film production, marketing and can't cross over $1bn, that movie is a flop.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 6:40pm On Nov 26, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Marvel has more than 4 movies that hit past $1bn mark. This year alone black panther crossed $1bn while Avengers (2018) crossed$2bn. You can check google as I don't have time to bring the list out.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/666617/Batman-v-Superman-Box-Office-flop-1-billion-mark-failure/amp

^^^ Kindly read this
You are the one that should check the records.

Only 6 marvel movies crossed 1 billion.

Civil war.

Iron Man 3.

Black panther.

Avengers 123.

Winter soldier didn't make 1 billion, but it crossed 700 million and that is a box office success.

You are yet to answer my question.

Iron Man 1 and 2 and the first Captain America film failed to hit 1 billion, does it mean they are failures

Aren't they top marvel characters.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 6:44pm On Nov 26, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Go and ask them in Hollywood. grin

Those in Hollywood say that Wonder Woman which made over 800 million from a budget of 140 million is a commercial success.

Who are you to deem it a failure undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 6:46pm On Nov 26, 2018
i believe 6 marvel movies,Avengers,age of ultron,infinity war,civil war,iron man 3 and black panther

BlackManta:

Only 4 marvel movies crossed 1 billion.

Civil war.

Iron Man 3.

Black panther.

Infinity War.

Only 4.

Winter soldier didn't make 1 billion, but it crossed 700 million and that is a box office success.

Iron Man 1 and 2 and the first Captain America film failed to hit 1 billion, does it mean they are failures

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 6:47pm On Nov 26, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
If you throw in your biggest heroes in one film, spend so much on the film production, marketing and can't cross over $1bn, that movie is a flop.

A movie doesn't have to cross 1 billion to be success. undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 6:50pm On Nov 26, 2018
MJBOLT:
i believe 6 marvel movies,Avengers,age of ultron,infinity war,civil war,iron man 3 and black panther

Thanks for the correction.

Thekingishere thinks the remaining 13 movies are failures cuz they didn't make 1 billion.

That's the crux of the argument.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 6:58pm On Nov 26, 2018
BlackManta:

Only 4 marvel movies crossed 1 billion.

Civil war.

Iron Man 3.

Black panther.

Infinity War.

Only 4.

Iron man 1 and 2 are hits just like wonder woman. When you talk of box office block buster success they cross the $1bn mark.

Now here are Marvel top block busters that have crossed the $1bn in no order

1. Captain America Civil war (not winter soldier, my error)
2. Avengers, age of ultron 2015
3. The avengers 2012
4. Iron man 3
5. Black panther
6. Avengers 2018

Marvel has 6 movies that crossed the $1bn mark while DC just has 2 and they are both Batman: The dark Knight 1&2. Look at the comparison and see that DC hasn't even reached half of the feat Marvel has accomplished.

Now let me ask you, the Justice league movie of last year that has about 6 major DC characters grossed just over $650m in the box office.

Will you call this movie a success when compared to its kind, the first avengers that grossed over $1bn?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 7:12pm On Nov 26, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Iron man 1 and 2 are hits just like wonder woman. When you talk of box office block buster success they cross the $1bn mark.

3. The avengers 2012
4. Iron man 3
5. Black panther
6. Avengers 2018

Marvel has 6 movies that crossed the $1bn mark while DC just has 2 and they are both Batman: The dark Knight 1&2. Look at the comparison and see that DC hasn't even reached half of the feat Marvel has accomplished.

Now let me ask you, the Justice league movie of last year that has about 6 major DC characters grossed just over $650m in the box office.

Will you call this movie a success when compared to its kind, the first avengers that grossed over $1bn?

So I brought up Iron Man and Captain America and you immediately changed tune.

Before it was Wonder Woman was a failure.

Now it is wonder woman was a success.

The only dc film that failed is JL, the others are a commercial success.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 7:15pm On Nov 26, 2018
Also, we know that next years avengers movie will break box office and cross $1bn if not $2bn, bringing their number to 7 while DC still holds on to dark Knight of how many years now?

Like I said, DC needs to wake up and start making top notch movies again. Not the crappy Justice league or the Martha Martha BVS
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:16pm On Nov 26, 2018
the budget for JL was $300m so there's no way anybody would consider it grossing $650m a success

TheKingIsHere:

3. The avengers 2012
4. Iron man 3
5. Black panther
6. Avengers 2018

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 7:16pm On Nov 26, 2018
BlackManta:

So I brought up Iron Man and Captain America and you immediately changed tune.

Before it was Wonder Woman was a failure.

Now it is wonder woman was a success.

The only dc film that failed is JL, the others are a commercial success.

Which tune did I change? Point it out in my former post if you can?

Also, were in my former post did I tag woman woman as a failure?

I challenge you to point them out.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 7:18pm On Nov 26, 2018
MJBOLT:
the budget for JL was $300m so there's no way anybody would consider it grossing $650m a success

The budget for Avengers 2012 movie was $220m and it grossed over $1bn. Give me another excuse.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 7:21pm On Nov 26, 2018
MJBOLT:

DC hasn't rolled out any movie of late that they can call a success. Woman woman gave them a breath of fresh air but this shouldn't be an excuse of not being on top.

I am a DC fan, and if you check DC history, you will know they have dropped the ball big time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 7:22pm On Nov 26, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Explain the bolded.

Wonder Woman is a top DC character and technically she falls into your bracket of (unsuccessful /failures)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:24pm On Nov 26, 2018
Guardians of the Galaxy budget was $232m it grossed $773m,using your logic it was a failure undecided

TheKingIsHere:

The budget for Avengers 2012 movie was $220m and it grossed over $1bn. Give me another excuse.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 7:25pm On Nov 26, 2018
MJBOLT:
Guardians of the Galaxy budget was $232m it grossed $773m,using your logic it was a failure undecided

Is guardian of the galaxy a major marvel hero characters?

Is just like comparing Justice league and DC legend of tomorrow
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:28pm On Nov 26, 2018
wonder woman a breath of fresh air undecided the same movie that smashed multiple box office records

TheKingIsHere:

DC hasn't rolled out any movie of late that they can call a success. Woman woman gave them a breath of fresh air but this shouldn't be an excuse of not being on top.

I am a DC fan, and if you check DC history, you will know they have dropped the ball big time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 7:29pm On Nov 26, 2018
BlackManta:

Explain the bolded.

Check my previous post below for the answer you seek. Now tell me where I tagged woman wonder as a failure.

TheKingIsHere:

Wonder woman was a hit for a movie that nobody expected much but can never be compared to a masterpiece like the dark Knight.

Why was BVS tagged as not successful? It was simply because it didn't hit the $1bn mark that was projected for it.

Since after the dark Knight, no other DC movie had hit this landmark unlike its counterpart in Marvel.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:30pm On Nov 26, 2018
you were implying that any movie that fails to get a billion dollars is a failure undecided or have you changed tune

TheKingIsHere:

Is guardian of the galaxy a major marvel hero characters?

Is just like comparing Justice league and DC legend of tomorrow
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 7:31pm On Nov 26, 2018
MJBOLT:
you were implying that any movie that fails to get a billion dollars is a failure undecided or have you changed tune

Can you show me the post where I said any movie that doesn't cross the $1bn mark is a failure?

Na wa for una o
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 7:33pm On Nov 26, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Check my previous post below for the answer you seek

You are contradicting yourself.

You say DC's top characters must hit 1 billion else it's not a success.

Then you say Wonder Woman is a success.

These are your words.

Also take note that your top character movies should be hitting the $1bn mark to be tagged as successful

Wonder Woman is a top DC character, so she falls into your bracket of unsuccessful.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 7:33pm On Nov 26, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

DC is still lagging behind marvels in terms of making a top hit in the movie production. Their last hit was the dark knight, since then, no DC movie has crossed over the $1bn mark in the box office unlike marvel.

DC needs to start paying some critics and influencers some extra bucks in order to promote their movie. At least that's what marvel does.

DC still owns the TV series and animation blocks but the movie's block is dominated by marvel.

This is the post that lead to all these.

Abeg, where in the post did I refer to any movie?

cc MJBOLT

(1) (2) (3) ... (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) (936) (937) ... (3863) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Cyril009(m), NerdSciBot and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.