Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,478 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

JAMB UTME 2014: House Of Reps To Increase Validity Of Jamb Result To 3 Years - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB UTME 2014: House Of Reps To Increase Validity Of Jamb Result To 3 Years (945 Views)

Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years / Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years / Senate Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of Results To 3 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB UTME 2014: House Of Reps To Increase Validity Of Jamb Result To 3 Years by Dannylux: 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
A bill to amend the Joint Admission and
Matriculation Board (JAMB) Act yesterday scaled through second reading in the House of
Representatives, which seeks to extend the
validity of JAMB result from its present one year to three academic years.
Rep Ibrahim Ebbo (PDP, Niger), who sponsored the bill said Nigerians mostly the poor have been the highest in sitting for the yearly examinations, despite the increasing cost of purchasing the forms.
The law-maker cited the West African Examination Council (WAEC), the National Examination Council (NECO) as example whose validity extends into years.
The members voted unanimously for in favour of the passage of the bill. Deputy speaker, Emeka Ihedioha who presided over the sitting then referred the bill to the education committee for further legislative duties.

I think this is a great idea looking at the reasons they cited.

www.nigeriauniversitynews.com/jamb-utme-2014house-of-reps-to-increase-validity-of-jamb-result-to-3-years/
Re: JAMB UTME 2014: House Of Reps To Increase Validity Of Jamb Result To 3 Years by mazizitonene(m): 8:44pm On Dec 09, 2013
Hmm...interesting
Re: JAMB UTME 2014: House Of Reps To Increase Validity Of Jamb Result To 3 Years by Danhumprey: 8:48pm On Dec 09, 2013
Wow! Good move! I love this. Atleast,it's good to know that there are still people who think about the poor citizens go through as regard writing Jamb. I hope the bill reach the final stage and be pass into law. cool
Re: JAMB UTME 2014: House Of Reps To Increase Validity Of Jamb Result To 3 Years by Dannylux: 9:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
Danhumprey: Wow! Good move! I love this. Atleast,it's good to know that there are still people who think about the poor citizens go through as regard writing Jamb. I hope the bill reach the final stage and be pass into law. cool

I was impressed by this news. I hope it gets validated.
Re: JAMB UTME 2014: House Of Reps To Increase Validity Of Jamb Result To 3 Years by Dannylux: 10:12pm On Dec 09, 2013
Danhumprey: Wow! Good move! I love this. Atleast,it's good to know that there are still people who think about the poor citizens go through as regard writing Jamb. I hope the bill reach the final stage and be pass into law. cool
Re: JAMB UTME 2014: House Of Reps To Increase Validity Of Jamb Result To 3 Years by Shaakasi(f): 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2013
nyc

(1) (Reply)

OAU Post-utme Results 2014/2015 Is Out - Check It Here / Ebola New Resumption Date For Public And Private Schools In Nigeria / Frequent Fire Incidents In Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.