Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,884 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Zeal Without Knowledge - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Zeal Without Knowledge (541 Views)

Why Darken Counsel With Multitudes Of Words Without Knowledge 1 / Zeal Without Knowledge / Help! I Have The Zeal To Become A Catholic Priest/monk. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Zeal Without Knowledge by Bigdreams(m): 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2013
Growing up as a young child with the knowledge of the Word of God as inculcated into my life by my wonderful parents who did all they could to instill the fear of God into my life, I began to understand little by little the ways of God and how to serve Him. I continued in the way set before me immersing myself in the work of God, serving Him with my core being to the best of my knowledge. I empowered and inspired others around me, pulling as many as I can into God’s service. I did all these with all zeal (as at that time) knowing that I was working for God in the best way I could.

Yes, there were sometimes I failed by the way but I could look back and say I did my best then. Am I praising myself? No, I’m simply stating the facts just as they are. However, I used to ponder then with many questions pouring into my mind like; can I mention the day I gave my life to Christ? Do I know the exact spot and the message I heard and gave my life to Jesus? All these questions had no answers way back then. Yet, I continued in my “pursuit” of God’s kingdom with all zeal but without the knowledge of, and the personal relationship with whom I was working for. I was only working for God but not working with Him. Yes, God used me to bring succor to many families and the church as a whole then – honouring His name but here I was with no relationship with Jesus, His Son.

I have come to realize now that I was zealous but with NO KNOWLEDGE of whom Christ is. I was in a prayer group, a member of the choir group, youth executive and so on and so forth yet I didn’t have a personal relationship with Jesus. I could fast and pray, give accurate future information yet I was blind not knowing Jesus. I read my bible then but I didn’t know the God of the Bible – I never had a personal relationship with Him. Though whenever I called Him, He answered – honouring His Word that “Call upon me and I will answer and I will show you great and mighty things which thou knowest not”, yet I was carried away by my supposed level of spirituality.

Many youths looked up to me then as a fervent and spirit-filled brother yet I was empty within me – my Saviour I had never come to meet. Yes, God used to speak to me then but simply as a use and dump vessel – speaking through me when there was the need to pass a message across to His people. Looking back, those times were really times of ignorance, filled with so much zeal but without knowledge of Christ.

You might be in the same position today, working for God but not knowing the God you work for. I was in that position for close to 3 decades until one day – oh what a glorious day when I heard that message on DECISION at Calvary Army Bible Church, Ejigbo, Lagos State, some minutes past 8pm on Wednesday 16th March 2011 during the prayer session that I willingly opened my heart to the LOVE OF MY LIFE – JESUS CHRIST and invited Him in. Oh! What a glorious experience. I can never forget that day, I can never forget my posture – standing up with my face raised up to heaven asking JESUS CHRIST to come into my heart, I can never forget that spot – Oh! What a glorious day.

Yes, I have struggled after giving my life to Jesus, falling down many times over and over again, stumbling and even going back to my old life but His great love and mercy has always found me and brought me home now establishing my feet on the solid rock such that I can now ‘…boldly approach the throne of grace where I obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.’ I can boldly declare as it is written in Prophet Micah 7:8 – Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.

Now, I look with confidence towards heaven as I make sure that ‘this book of the law does not depart out of my mouth but I meditate therein day and night so that I can make my way prosperous and then have good success.’ It is not an easy road yes the Saviour said, ‘in this world, I shall experience tribulation but I should be of good cheer for He has overcome the world.’

Jesus found me in my zealous ignorance, He brought me home, making me sit down at His feet to ‘…learn of Him’ that I may work with Him with zeal and also with abundant knowledge. I look back now and discover that majority of the problems I had in the past were basically due to my ignorance. Your personal relationship with Jesus is not enough, you need to grow in His wisdom by the daily intake of His Word and through the undiluted leading of a genuine Christian coupled with Spirit-led fellowship in a true Christian gathering. I have this singular belief – I WILL MAKE HEAVEN not by my own power but by the Great Grace of JESUS CHRIST – THE LOVER OF MY SOUL who sought me out from darkness and brought me to light.

Are you working with zeal for God but without knowledge of whom God truly is? Now is the time to stop all you are doing and seek for HIM.

Philippians 3:10-13 reads:

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

God bless you.
Re: Zeal Without Knowledge by JoktyJohn(m): 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2013
i was really blessed with your message. May God continue to flourish you with His wisdom and knowledge from divinity...

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Pope Francis / God Promotes / Jesus is born!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.