Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:25 PM

A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles (12032 Views)

Retouching Troubles / Is It Fashion For A Guy To Braid His Hair. Your Views: / My Boyfriend Will Rather Lose Me Than Lose His Hair! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by Nobody: 1:44am On Dec 10, 2013
Ok, i am a guy. It may come as a surprise to some that a guy bothers about his hair, but you need to understand that my case is exceptional. My hair is just terrible!

I know africans are supposed to have coarse hair but mine is in another class of its own. I dare not attempt an afro (even though i very much would love to). Having to go to the barber's too often is so so exhausing. I must cut my hair very low (as low as possible without doing 'gorimapa'.lol).

Only God knows how i got this hair. It just grows in no particular direction, it dries out and takesa a rough form and begins to knot, no matter what hair cream i apply (and trust me i have tried so many things)

Tried sportin waves. Tried hair wax. Tried relaxers (stole it from my sister, actually), the following day my hair just became so tough that i had to go to the barber's. I even tried raw eggs (saw the tip somewhere. It didnt work, ended up messing up the bathroom), In fact i tried lots of things. There was a time i applied soap to my head only once a week (some people say bathing soap washes out the natural oils) . In my case i think my hair has no natural oils. Its just so tough,rogh, dry, grows in odd directions and likes to form knots at just few milimetres long.

For God's sake i want to be able to leave home in the morning and not have a need to brush it by 12 noon. take note i said brush, not comb. I dare not let it grow to the level where a comb can be used.

I need help from guys (and girls) who know what would really work for taming my wild, coarse (or should i say hard), dry hair. When i get a fresh haircut, i look good, days later, it all changes. And its so obvious that my hair is the culprit. The thing is annoying joor.....

Please advice cos i am tired of going to shoprite, wasting my money on random men hair product that do not make a ny difference

4 Likes

Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by Nastydroid(m): 3:41am On Dec 10, 2013
so this thing hit fp? and ayam the first to comment......lemme goan pop moet see keep barbing gorimapa for the main time.......let some new hair layers grow.N.B i didn't say barb gorimapa once ooo....barb it continously till june.....*gives you face cap* you should cover that poo[no offense] *breeze out*

3 Likes

Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 10, 2013
None taken. But I dont think gorimapa would be the solution. I would never go gorimapa even if my life depemded on it.
Cant even imagine it!
Is my situation now hopeless?
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
Do you condition your hair? You need to invest in a good conditioner like one from the V05, Dove, Suave Naturals or Tresemme Naturals range of products to restore moisture to your hair especially after shampooing. You can apply the conditioner on your hair alone or mix it with warm, slightly heated extra virgin olive oil and honey and leave on your hair for 5-10 mins. Honey acts as a humectant that attracts and seals in moisture. After conditioning, apply extra virgin olive oil or shea butter or a mix of both to your hair. Do this every day or two or whenever you feel your hair is dry and needs some moisture.
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 10, 2013
AdannayaBella: Do you condition your hair? You need to invest in a good conditioner like one from the V05, Dove, Suave Naturals or Tresemme Naturals range of products to restore moisture to your hair especially after shampooing. You can apply the conditioner on your hair alone or mix it with warm, slightly heated extra virgin olive oil and honey and leave on your hair for 5-10 mins. Honey acts as a humectant that attracts and seals in moisture. After conditioning, apply extra virgin olive oil or shea butter or a mix of both to your hair. Do this every day or two or whenever you feel your hair is dry and needs some moisture.

ok thanks i will definately try that. But do i get to wash my hair when bathing as normal? If so wont it wash out the whole stuff?
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
WhiteMaroon:

ok thanks i will definately try that. But do i get to wash my hair when bathing as normal? If so wont it wash out the whole stuff?
Yes you are meant to wash out the conditioner after leaving it on your hair for a while. That is why I said apply olive oil or shea butter or a mix of both afterwards to maintain the moisturizing effect the conditioner (plus hot olive oil and honey if you wish) would have left on your hair.

Also, stay clear from shampoos because it will only dry out your hair. Shampoo your hair once every 1-2 weeks and then, your hair must be very dirty and itchy. The less times you shampoo your hair, the better for your hair. Only shampoo when you absolutely need to.

1 Like

Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
AdannayaBella:
Yes you are meant to wash out the conditioner after leaving it on your hair for a while. That is why I said apply olive oil or shea butter or a mix of both afterwards to maintain the moisturizing effect the conditioner (plus hot olive oil and honey if you wish) would have left on your hair.

Also, stay clear from shampoos because it will only dry out your hair. Shampoo your hair once every 1-2 weeks and then, your hair must be very dirty and itchy. The less times you shampoo your hair, the better for your hair. Only shampoo when you absolutely need to.

get it! Thanks a lot
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by funshint(m): 4:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
Guy e be lyk say U̶̲̥̅̊'re destined to be a DADA; choi!

6 Likes

Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by martronilla: 4:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
Oya share a pic of ur bald papa Ajasco head lemme see
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by nekaa(f): 4:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
you should be glad you are not going blad..

yet!
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by DEGREE2466(m): 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
WhiteMaroon: Ok, i am a guy. It may come as a surprise to some that a guy bothers about his hair, but you need to understand that my case is exceptional. My hair is just terrible!

I know africans are supposed to have coarse hair but mine is in another class of its own. I dare not attempt an afro (even though i very much would love to). Having to go to the barber's too often is so so exhausing. I must cut my hair very low (as low as possible without doing 'gorimapa'.lol).

Only God knows how i got this hair. It just grows in no particular direction, it dries out and takesa a rough form and begins to knot, no matter what hair cream i apply (and trust me i have tried so many things)

Tried sportin waves. Tried hair wax. Tried relaxers (stole it from my sister, actually), the following day my hair just became so tough that i had to go to the barber's. I even tried raw eggs (saw the tip somewhere. It didnt work, ended up messing up the bathroom), In fact i tried lots of things. There was a time i applied soap to my head only once a week (some people say bathing soap washes out the natural oils) . In my case i think my hair has no natural oils. Its just so tough,rogh, dry, grows in odd directions and likes to form knots at just few milimetres long.

For God's sake i want to be able to leave home in the morning and not have a need to brush it by 12 noon. take note i said brush, not comb. I dare not let it grow to the level where a comb can be used.

I need help from guys (and girls) who know what would really work for taming my wild, coarse (or should i say hard), dry hair. When i get a fresh haircut, i look good, days later, it all changes. And its so obvious that my hair is the culprit. The thing is annoying joor.....

Please advice cos i am tired of going to shoprite, wasting my money on random men hair product that do not make a ny difference
lipsrsealed
WhiteMaroon: Ok, i am a guy. It may come as a surprise to some that a guy bothers about his hair, but you need to understand that my case is exceptional. My hair is just terrible!

Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by MamaKs: 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
i was crying i had no shoes until i saw a man without legs wink

3 Likes

Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
how old are you? I guess you must be a teenager

why are you so bothered about your hair? if it's giving you so much hassle then go to a barbing saloon and give it a simple low cut and it will solve your problem.

Always cut the hair maybe atleast once a week

Applying shampoo etc to your hair will cause more damage to it and will always make it rough after sometime and brownish...

Hair cream is okay or sporting waves cream

1 Like

Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by mrphysics(m): 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
okay, no wahala,
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by Vivly(f): 4:29pm On Dec 13, 2013
Post a pic so we'll know what you're talking about. I picture dada (dreads) in its early stage. Might not be what you're talking about though.
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by Eseharrison(m): 4:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
Pix or it didn't happen
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by seangy4konji: 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
Usually i dont do this but errmmm..PICS or it did not happen.
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by funkyjms: 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
faakay: how old are you? I guess you must be a teenager

why are you so bothered about your hair? if it's giving you so much hassle then go to a barbing saloon and give it a simple low cut and it will solve your problem.

Applying shampoo etc to your hair will cause more damage to it and will always make it rough after sometime and brownish...

Read the post again!

3 Likes

Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by solowork: 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
Dude just say "FUCCK IT!" and let the hair grow out, unless you work at a bank or something, in which case you should quit your job and let the hair grow out.

AND STOP BEING SUCH A FRUIT!!!

1 Like

Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by Hoodrat(m): 4:43pm On Dec 13, 2013
hey dude! why not buy brazilian hair ?

2 Likes

Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by aieromon(m): 4:43pm On Dec 13, 2013
I thought you needed advice for a receding hairline.

I suggest you trim the hair regularly every two weeks. The roughness you talk about seems to point to "Dada". Is that the case here?
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by philtrum(m): 4:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
faakay: how old are you? I guess you must be a teenager

don't just say that because the subject doesn't bother you.
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by CertifiedFreak(m): 4:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
This,buddy,is a prelude to balding. Conditioning and the likes are only gonna take u thus far if ur issues are genetic. I'd say you let nature run its course.
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
Post a Goddamn Picture of the Hair.
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by Chuukwudi(m): 4:49pm On Dec 13, 2013
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by Chuukwudi(m): 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
grin
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by philtrum(m): 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
@Bella thumbs up......
@white follow Bella's tips.......
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by mazizitonene(m): 4:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
Pichsure! Or it ddnt happen angry
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by mazizitonene(m): 4:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
Barb and maitain moromoro ...no oda way bro. Or Research with google
Re: A Dude Needs Advice For His Hair Troubles by ennon92(m): 5:09pm On Dec 13, 2013
Chuukwudi: grin
grin
Chuukwudi: grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 / What's The Difference Between Miss Earth, Miss World And Miss Universe? / What Size Of Clothes Do You Wear ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.