Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,912 members, 7,863,149 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:16 PM

Realistic ways to Integrate and tackle our problems - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Realistic ways to Integrate and tackle our problems (394 Views)

Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala / We ‘re Cause Of Our Problems In The North – Sultan / 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Realistic ways to Integrate and tackle our problems by zolutionz: 10:03am On Dec 10, 2013
We seem to complain of tribalism and corruption with very little solution being suggested to tackle it, instead we take to the usual way of blaming,cursing,defending and insulting each other, the people we have elected and in most cases an entire ethnic group.
I wrote this so we can proffer ways to move ahead, so please make you suggestions, choice your words wisely so we this thread does not end up where is started.
So can these be realistic ways to solve our ethnic differences and strengthen our fight against corruption?
Firstly I believe we should dump the old pattern of STATE OF ORIGIN and embrace PLACE OF BIRTH. If this can be achieved, in the near future you will have different people of different ethnic heritage in different parts of the country who are fully entitled to the laws and constitution of the place of birth hence giving rise to a mixed socio-ethnic integration,eliminate the concentration of ethnic group at particular regions,kill the mentality of regional superiority and the annoying zest to defend any region at all cost.
In our current status quo, it is easier for a MARS returnee to be elected into a state office then a non indigene who has lived his entire live in the state. The resultant effect is that you have an elected offical who has nothing in common with the locals, who does not know there problems,barely lived with them and is totally disconnected from reality on ground.
But with place of birth in place and a law that request 10 years of living and work in a state as eligiblity to contest an election, you have people much more closer to reality and the masses.

Secondly for corruption to die, we have to start issuing (National identification Numbers) from birth, a number to identity every living soul, a number tied to there entire personal data, Biometric data and bank accounts, phone numbers residential address etc you can call it SSN if you like, all should be on a database and it should also be read only so it can only be added by the appropriate agencies.
This is very important and I think efforts are being made to put it in place but they should move faster because this will assure that documented criminal have no business in office.

I might be totally wrong be a least I am thinking. I love Nigeria, our population is our strength, it is good for business and we need to understand that no natural resources is great than Human resources.

Your suggestions are highly needed..
Re: Realistic ways to Integrate and tackle our problems by DankemzI(m): 10:34am On Dec 10, 2013
Any form of tribalism or nepotism should be a criminal offence. Offenders should be ready to pay a fine of 1million naira or community work for 6months.
Re: Realistic ways to Integrate and tackle our problems by zolutionz: 12:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
DankemzI: Any form of tribalism or nepotism should be a criminal offence. Offenders should be ready to pay a fine of 1million naira or community work for 6months.

Unbelievable 20 views one comment, do not have solutions and ideas?

(1) (Reply)

Obama proclaims December 10 Human Rights Day in U.S. / Jude Agbaso, EFCC And Imo State / Obasanjo Writes Jonathan, Says Nigeria Is Bleeding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.