Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

What Can I Do To Be An Asset To My New Employer? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Can I Do To Be An Asset To My New Employer? (1148 Views)

I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason / ... Was Sacked For Not Dancing To 'shake Body'... Now An Employer Of Labour / My Employer Wants Me To Come To His Church Or Be Fired (advice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do To Be An Asset To My New Employer? by jamesjami: 3:07pm On Jul 28, 2008
smileyI just got a new job today. I received my letter of appointment today. The salary is 200% of my former pay.

Knowing fully well that first impression stays longer; kindly advise me on what to do to be the best on my new job irrespective of office politics and what av u.

I will assume duties next week Monday (040808).

Thank you.
Re: What Can I Do To Be An Asset To My New Employer? by mcfredoc: 11:14pm On Jul 28, 2008
First and foremost. i want to congratulate you on your found new job.

as for what u need to do to be an asset to your employer, I will say that u start somewere; that is getting to know what u are required to do, it is important you know how for u should go in your duty, get used to it.

secondly, learn about knew skills that can-should set you apart in your work place, this can only be through personal research on relevant fields. don't be afraid to ask for details of when you are clear of what exactly you are required of, most bosses say much lesser than they notice and expect you to read their mind for details they never told you. watch less it be your fault.

be a team player not minding if the rest of your team are against you or do things for themselves, things has ways of bouncing back against selfish people

Don't share domestic secrets with Ur colleague, no matter how close, keep every relationship official,

when you have learnt Ur rope, feel free to share your ideas with your boss, i mean employer, noting that what ever you say is only a suggestion and must not be followed. if however your suggestion is taken and acted upon be ready to let every one know that your boss was so smart to think of such a great idea, not the other way round. promoting him will inturn promote you

my brother pray oh! infact work these days are sometimes a miniature battle grounds with colleagues.

like i said b4 congratulations to one less guy that is unemployed.
Re: What Can I Do To Be An Asset To My New Employer? by COOLWATER(m): 10:19am On Aug 13, 2008
My advice Bro, be the greatest ass kisser, u will get all the necessary commendations.

it works try it.

most bosses always want their subordinates to overtly loyal to them.
Re: What Can I Do To Be An Asset To My New Employer? by MrCrackles(m): 10:22am On Aug 13, 2008
Steal company properties wink

Slap your boss cheesy

Shit in the main office grin

nah seriously, m just having a laugh bruv!
Re: What Can I Do To Be An Asset To My New Employer? by larrybaby: 3:54pm On Aug 13, 2008
just be urself, do more of listening than talking, get a pad to note down all important points, ask question on how and when things are done and study well the environment and make a friend.

(1) (Reply)

How Respected Is An I.t. Degree From India? / Careers For The Hearing Impaired {deaf And Dumb} Folks / Linda Ikeji's 'i'd Rather Be Self-made' N10million Grant Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.