Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,369 members, 7,868,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:29 AM

Mistakes Made By Newly-employed Lecturers In State And Fed Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mistakes Made By Newly-employed Lecturers In State And Fed Universities (520 Views)

5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Strictly For Imsu And Fed.poly.nekede Admission Applicants Only! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mistakes Made By Newly-employed Lecturers In State And Fed Universities by fijiano202(m): 11:10am On Dec 10, 2013
Am not in support of the ongoing strike and i wish for a quick resolve by by Fed Govt with ASUU but my concerns are for the newly employed lecturers,with the unstable factor of the Educational Sector in nigeria it would be ill-advised for the new lecturers to leap with their eyes closed,this may be questions pointed at them.Firstly what guarantee do they have that the present ASUU/Fed Govt faceoff Wont repeat itself.Secondly Which body or association are they presently representing cos am sure they are not under ASUU,Thirdly is this the birth of another Staff union and Lastly When they state having issues with state or Fed Govt concerning their salaries,bonus,allowance etc ,whos Going to be their voice,fight for them or represent them as a Body cos i definately know when school Resumes there would be a division between non-ASUU and ASUU Which may influence decisions and other advantages
Re: Mistakes Made By Newly-employed Lecturers In State And Fed Universities by KenJak(m): 11:27am On Dec 10, 2013
As for AAUA new lecturers, I heard from a reliable source that they've recieved strict warning not to be in any kind of association and which is strictly not a good one. It's not something that can favour the new lecturers cos when they feel oppressed,they'll have no body to fight or speak for them like ASUU.
Re: Mistakes Made By Newly-employed Lecturers In State And Fed Universities by fijiano202(m): 11:56am On Dec 10, 2013
Ken_Jak: As for AAUA new lecturers, I heard from a reliable source that they've recieved strict warning not to be in any kind of association and which is strictly not a good one. It's not something that can favour the new lecturers cos when they feel oppressed,they'll have no body to fight or speak for them like ASUU.
thats exactly what i was thinking

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need Accommodation For Funaab Post-utme? / Help Out With Scholarship Info For Freshers In Federal Unis' After Year One / Aau Ekpoma Putme Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.