Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

What Are The Products Nigeria Make? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Are The Products Nigeria Make? (15580 Views)

How To Start A Rice Farming Business In Nigeria - Make Millions! / Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? / Would Shelters In Nigeria Make a Difference to the Community? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by dapyd1(m): 6:43pm On Dec 13, 2013
What we produce, we don't on a large scale. The policies are not there to really support producing for export. Nigerians don't love Nigerian things (who carries a Nigerian bag/shoe to the red carpet).
One last thing really hindering us is, POWER. Give us electricity and see if local industries won't boom.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Lilimax(f): 6:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
Taylor184: Many things.....But we dont value them.......
Big shoutout to my Aba brothers grin grin grin
what an irony! Only if the Aba made products will be accepted by Nigerians and the manufacturer s encouraged to produce a better quality products... it will go along way undecided

1 Like

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by 36STATES: 6:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
myOGAonTOP: NIGERIA produces the best ELECTRICAL CABLES in the world.

Another myth.
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 13, 2013
That is just one problem, how about second hand stuffs. Why should there be second hand handkechief, bathroom slippers, just name it! For the love of God. Things can't be that bad in Nigeria! Can it?
Op there are made in Nigeria things! You think all this fake shoes and bags they sell are china? Many of them were made in naija but carry china or italy logo! Nigerians dont like cheap things hence the backlash on tecno phones which are very good and durable phones.............. An illiterate would even no d difference btw china, south africa and america. If its not foreign then its fake! That's our mentality!
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by EyesWideOpen(m): 6:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
CODE-EATER:

And yet

NIGERIA dsnt have ELECTRICITY

hmmm, the irony of life! undecided
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
Cabin biscuit
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by madeinnigeria: 6:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
Made in nigeria
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
dridowu: Guy we dy produce GARRI. NUMBER 1 TABLE FOOD IN NIGERIA.
I LOVE GARRI IJEBU.
No need for advertisement, no nafdac number

I hope sey na mistake you make, but if not na "staple" not "table". abeg no pick offence sey I dey correct u, even me too still dey learn.
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by YoshiMaster: 6:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
made in nigeria: Made in nigeria

So "Made in Nigeria", was Made in Nigeria by Made in Nigeria, to encourage others that products can me Made in Nigeria?

Nice one!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by rodeo0070(m): 6:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
Proudly Nigeria...

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by slimthugchimee(m): 6:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
Me my father my mother my sibilins and families nairaland seun mukina sexkills afam4eva you rossike and all nairalanders are all made in 9ja
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by ignis: 6:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
Nigeria produce and export manythings. If you doubt me, come to Aba, and you will see for yourself. I don't even know where to start listing, because they are just too numerous.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by anienge001: 7:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
Like many have said, many things like shoes, belts, foodstuffs, etc are made in Nigeria, but labelled "Made in Italy, China" or other countries. Some other products are produced by Nigerian companies but out-sourcing the production to foreign companies due to poor power.

The major question we should ask as 'Why don't we like Nigerian products?'. Are everything made outside Nigeria of better quality? Why are ~99% suffering from inferiority complex? While most Nigerians rush for foreign products, some Nigerians in diaspora long and yearn for Nigerian products. Example, every month I send tailor-made shirts to Nigerian in UK, US and Canada. These shirts are well made and last longer than they ones they buy there.

Our attitudes to Nigerian made good are responsible for 50% of our economic backwardness. The other 50% goes to power and our kleptomaniac leaders.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by allisonluvsu(m): 7:04pm On Dec 13, 2013
we produce political parties
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by IAMBREEZY: 7:05pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mondisweets: Sweet sweet sweet garri grin
yeah i love g2
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
Garri and nepa Light
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by kehindeadewale: 7:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
[mod] I hijacked this thread and got banned sad
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by CircleOfWilis: 7:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
corruption, corruption corruption, , , corruption, corruption, corruption
corruption, corruption corruption, , , corruption, corruption, corruption corruption, corruption corruption, , , corruption, corruption, corruption corruption, corruption corruption, , , corruption, corruption, corruption corruption, corruption corruption, corruption corruption, , , corruption, corruption, corruption corruption, , , corruption, corruption, corruption corruption, corruption , , , corruption, corruption, corruption corruption, corruption corruption, , , corruption, corruption, corruption corruption, , , corruption, corruption, corruption corruption, corruption

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by gulfer: 7:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
Kwuli kwuli, cassava bread, garri ijebu etc, we nor try
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by baggy4luv(m): 7:16pm On Dec 13, 2013
catapault
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by kachiz(m): 7:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
ALOMO BITTERS "a true winner has no duplicate"
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 13, 2013
Even toothpick is not made in nigeria, i stand to be corrected.
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 13, 2013
kachiz: ALOMO BITTERS "a true winner has no duplicate"
Alomo Bitters is a Ghanaian product. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by checkdate(m): 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2013
kachiz: ALOMO BITTERS "a true winner has no duplicate"
ARE YOU WITH US ON THIS TOPIC ? ? ?
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 13, 2013
Do u know with 2.9million you can build a three bedroom bungalow from foundation stage to roofing stage in nigeria? Check this link for more info:
https://www.nairaland.com/1428136/affordable-3-bedroom-bungalow-nairalanders
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Samolove: 7:29pm On Dec 13, 2013
[mod] I hijacked this thread and got banned
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
sad sad sad sad Doesnt boko haram boys produce IED( improvise explosive device).....is that not an achievement, with government support they can manufacture it in bulk and export.
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 13, 2013
Boko haram rat killer.....lol
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by phuckNL: 7:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
XLR8: I was so annoyed when I checked a pack of safety matches and saw "made in india". Someone also said we actually import Toothpicks!! :O. Recently GEJ just banned the importation of fishes. We import almost everything. Though I know we export some edible goods majorly fruits but we don't really make them. The oil we are exporting also, we don't produce it unlike countries like germany, china that is known for producing cars and USA..forget
So I was wondering what product can Nigeria actually boast of producing and exporting and making huge incentives.

Rather unnecessary topic if i may add. This is not news and there is nothing to be ashamed of. To produce the toothpick and matches that you are referring to requires "optimization, control, mechanization, and proper distribution channels" The most important factor is industrialisation. Anyone can make toothpicks and matches in Nigeria but NOT EVERYONE can make them in BULK Quantities at a good enough profit margin. The answer is simple. NEPA. You require industrial control systems and machines to produce this "so called trivial" materials in BULK. Where is the power for the required factories going to come from? Most of them have to rely on Diesel generators. The answer is simple. It costs more to make in Nigeria so any sane business would rather import. So there is nothing to be ashamed of. We simply do not have the enabling environment.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by wagecomet: 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
myOGAonTOP: NIGERIA produces the best ELECTRICAL CABLES in the world.
eg. NOCACO,CUTIX,NIGERSHIN etc.
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2013
dridowu: Guy we dy produce GARRI. NUMBER 1 TABLE FOOD IN NIGERIA.
I LOVE GARRI IJEBU.
No need for advertisement, no nafdac number

grin grin grin grin Elubo oyo and ponmo ijebu igbo too grin grin; D grin
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by mickyarams: 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2013
It's pathetic, isn't it? We can't boast of something ingenious that we produce.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Witness Reveals How Akingbola Allegedly Bought London Property For £9.7 Million / Tony Elumelu Reacts To Lagos Collapsed School Building / Small Scale Manufacturing Business Ideas To Start From Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.