Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,872 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Lower Denomination Of Naira Has Turned To Gold - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lower Denomination Of Naira Has Turned To Gold (969 Views)

The Reason Why Naira Has Lost Value (photo) / 2016: FG Should Re-denominate Naira: N200 Highest Denomination / Higest And Lowest Currency Denomination For Different Countries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lower Denomination Of Naira Has Turned To Gold by bily(m): 5:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
i have recently been observing that there seems to be scarcity of lower denominations of our dear currency naira in circulation. To buy recharge card sef now na wahala. na so so rejection dem dey reject N1000 and N500 notes.
The general chorus in town now seems to be 'no change'.
The public transport operators are the worst culprits. I dont get it. Is it not the responsibility of the person rendering a product or service to provide 'change' for its customers? somebody should please correct me if i am wrong, because most merchants act like its the buyer that has to provide change.
where exactly did the shortfall stem from?
i think the problem should be between our banks and its regulators that have refused to pay in lower denominations in our atm machines.
For the economists out there, what possible effect can this trend have on inflation, deflation or whatever big grammar una dey use for una side.

lets know if you're experiencing this new trend and your views..
Re: Lower Denomination Of Naira Has Turned To Gold by entuk(m): 5:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
lol. goodluck
Re: Lower Denomination Of Naira Has Turned To Gold by Emmyk(m): 5:30pm On Dec 10, 2013
If you go buy airtime of ₦100.00 very early in the morning, and you give 'em ₦1000. They might give you the look of "Dont you know you the first person coming here this money, where do you want us to find change?" undecided
Re: Lower Denomination Of Naira Has Turned To Gold by gramci: 8:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ask sheik sanusi

(1) (Reply)

Charcoal Suppliers Needed / Ankara Available For Your Aso Ebi, Naming Ceremony, End Of Year Party Etc. / Naira In Danger: CBN Under Pressure To Devalue Naira Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.