Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,368 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Scientific Evidences In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientific Evidences In The Bible (2564 Views)

5 archeological evidences to proof the Bible is real(with pictures) / 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / Evidences That God Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
In the Book of Job, written around 4,000 year ago, God pointed out the largest creature He had made:

"Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him" (Job 40:15-19, KJV).

Some think that this may be a reference to the dinosaur:

1. "He eateth grass as an ox." The dinosaur was plant-eating.

2. "His strength is in his loins [hips]..." The hips were the source of the dinosaur’s strength.

3. "He moveth his tail like a cedar" His tail was like a massive tree.

4. "His bones are as strong pieces of brass..."

5. "He is the chief of the ways of God" This was the biggest creature God made. The recently discovered Supersaurus was more than 35 feet longer than the biggest whale.

6. "He that made him can make his sword to approach unto him" God brought this massive creature to extinction.

From, The Evidence Bible

3 Likes

Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
Scientific facts in the Bible:

Job 38:22 (written 3,500 years ago).

God says: "Have you entered into the treasures of the snow?"

It wasn't until the advent of the microscope that man discovered that each and every single snowflake is uniquely a symmetrical "treasure."

From, The Evidence Bible
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:23pm On Dec 11, 2013

Genesis 2:1 (after creation): "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them."

The Hebrew word used here is the past definite tense for the verb "finished," indicating an action completed in the past, never again to occur. The creation was "finished"— once and for all. That is what the First Law of Thermodynamics says. It states that neither matter nor energy can be either created or destroyed. There is no "creation" ongoing today. It is "finished" exactly as the Bible states.

From, The Evidence Bible

4 Likes

Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:09am On Dec 12, 2013
Isaiah 40:12 (written 2,800 years ago): "Who has measured the waters in the hollow of His hand."

We are told that God has measured the waters and set a proper amount of water on the earth. Modern science has proved that the quantity of water on earth is just enough for our needs. If the sea became three metres deeper, the water would absorb all the carbon dioxide and nitrogen, and no creature could live any longer.

From, The Evidence Bible

1 Like

Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:36pm On Dec 12, 2013

Hebrews 1:10, 11 (written 2000 years ago): "...And, You, Lord, in the beginning have laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of your hands: They shall perish; but you remain; and they all shall wax old as does a garment."

The Bible tells us that the earth is wearing out. This is what the Second Law of Thermodynamics states. This wasn't discovered by science until comparatively recently.

From, The Evidence Bible
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 12, 2013
the dinosaurs roam the earth roughly 6000yrs ago?
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by Kay17: 10:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
^^
LMAOO!! Ola!

Don't you think the bible verses you provided, are far from obvious?!
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:08am On Dec 13, 2013
9jadelta:

the dinosaurs roam the earth roughly 6000yrs ago?

Yes, and Job who wrote about it 4,000 years ago must have witnessed it.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:14am On Dec 13, 2013
Kay 17: ^^

LMAOO!! Ola!

Don't you think the bible verses you provided, are far from obvious?!

Those scientific evidences are quite obvious from the biblical references provided, except from the fact that you cannot see them for obvious reasons. shocked

Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by Kay17: 11:58am On Dec 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

What proof do you have to claim that Job wrote the book of Job?
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
Kay 17:

What proof do you have to claim that Job wrote the book of Job?

Job. 19:23-24
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by Kay17: 9:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Job. 19:23-24

LMFAOOO Ola you are a crook!
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
Kay 17:

LMFAOOO Ola you are a crook!

grin grin grin You should know by now that you can't think crooked and walk straight. tongue

Let's see the verses in question:

"Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book! That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever!" (Job 19:23-24).

You can see that Job's longing to write of his adventure expressed here, as well as the fact that no one else apart from him could know them, makes it almost certain that he was the original author of the Book of Job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:01am On Dec 14, 2013

Job 38:35: "Can you send lightnings, that they may go and say unto you, Here we are?"

The Bible states that light can be sent, and then manifest itself in speech. Science didn't discover this until 1864 when "the British scientist James Clerk Maxwell suggested that electricity and light waves were two forms of the same thing" (Modern Century Illustrated Encyclopedia, Vol. 12).

From, The Evidence Bible
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by Kay17: 8:24am On Dec 14, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

grin grin grin You should know by now that you can't think crooked and walk straight. tongue

Let's see the verses in question:

"Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book! That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever!" (Job 19:23-24).

You can see that Job's longing to write of his adventure expressed here, as well as the fact that no one else apart from him could know them, makes it almost certain that he was the original author of the Book of Job.

No ola,you merely did what your ilk would do, pick out solitary words and ignore the entire passages and sentences. The full story here:

"Have pity on me, my friends, have pity, for the hand of God has struck me. 22 Why do you pursue me as God does? Will you never get enough of my flesh? 23 "Oh, that my words were recorded, that they were written on a scroll, 24 that they were inscribed with an iron tool on lead, or engraved in rock forever! 25 I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. 26 And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;

He merely seeks a record wherein his pains are kept and be used as a petition against God. He is not saying he wrote any book, or the Book of Job in particular!

1 Like

Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

smh
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:59pm On Dec 15, 2013
Kay 17:

No ola,you merely did what your ilk would do, pick out solitary words and ignore the entire passages and sentences. The full story here:

He merely seeks a record wherein his pains are kept and be used as a petition against God. He is not saying he wrote any book, or the Book of Job in particular!

I didn't choose and pick I quoted two verses that should show you the context but I wouldn't blame you if you didn't see it because you can't. Let me quote it again:

Even though Job's strong desire was for his words to be printed in a book he however must have recorded them on stones as was the practise during his days. These somehow must have eventually come into the possession of Moses who, according to uniform Jewish tradition, later published them.
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by Kay17: 7:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
^^

But he didn't know about God's conversation with the devil and the true cause of his sufferings, so how could he have written that?!!!
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
Kay 17: ^^

But he didn't know about God's conversation with the devil and the true cause of his sufferings, so how could he have written that?!!!

Read about God's monologue in chapters 38-40 to find out whether He answered your objections or not. cool
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by ooman(m): 8:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
OLAADEGBU: Scientific facts in the Bible:

Genesis 2:1 (after creation): "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them."

The Hebrew word used here is the past definite tense for the verb "finished," indicating an action completed in the past, never again to occur. The creation was "finished"— once and for all. That is what the First Law of Thermodynamics says. It states that neither matter nor energy can be either created or destroyed. There is no "creation" ongoing today. It is "finished" exactly as the Bible states.

From, The Evidence Bible

Heavens and earth were finished and all the host of them, not some very fundamental stuff that the 1st law of thermodynamics supports but the very heavens and the earth itself, and the host of them.

Do you have an open eyes at all?

Stop making silly claims
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:37pm On Dec 15, 2013

Leviticus 15:13 (written 3000 years ago): ""And when he that has an issue is cleansed of his issue; then he shall number to himself seven days for his cleansing, and wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in running water, and shall be clean"

The Bible said that when dealing with disease, hands should be washed under running water. Up until 100 years ago doctors washed their hands in a basin of still water, resulting in the death of multitudes. We now know that doctors must wash their hands under running water

From, The Evidence Bible
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:40pm On Dec 15, 2013

Job 38:22 (written 3,500 years ago). God says: "Have you entered into the treasures of the snow?"

It wasn't until the advent of the microscope that man discovered that each and every single snowflake is uniquely a symmetrical "treasure."

From, The Evidence Bible
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
lol.

illiteracy.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by Kay17: 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Read about God's monologue in chapters 38-40 to find out whether He answered your objections or not. cool

How would job have known about God and the Devil's conversation?? And please tell God's answer to Job.
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 16, 2013
Kay 17:

How would job have known about God and the Devil's conversation?? And please tell God's answer to Job.
Believe it or not God speaks to people.He spoke to Job about these things.
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:04pm On Dec 16, 2013
Kay 17:

Have you read chapters 38-40 as I suggested?
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by Areaboy2(m): 1:52pm On Dec 16, 2013
Amazing...

Scientific and Bible. Two things that cant go together but you pulled it off *pun intended*.. clap for yourself na undecided
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:19pm On Dec 16, 2013
Area_boy: Amazing...

Scientific and Bible. Two things that cant go together but you pulled it off *pun intended*.. clap for yourself na undecided

Who told you that they don't go together? In fact, science confirms the Bible.
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by Areaboy2(m): 2:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Who told you that they don't go together? In fact, science confirms the Bible.

does that really make sense to you? you're infallible book of truth is being confirmed by mere mortals? laughable grin

It must be the other way around if your book holds true
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by Kay17: 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2013
Bidam: Believe it or not God speaks to people.He spoke to Job about these things.

Where did God tell Job and his conversation with the devil?! Or god told you in your bedroom?!!
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
Kay 17:

Where did God tell Job and his conversation with the devil?! Or god told you in your bedroom?!!
Lol@ bedroom.Your sarcastic remarks doesn't change the truth BTW.

Atleast scripture records God spoke to Job In38,39;40;41,42 Go read it.Maybe God whom you are searching for will speak to ur hrt.
Re: Scientific Evidences In The Bible by Kay17: 3:32pm On Dec 16, 2013
^^^

I have read the entire book of Job, and neither in those verses you mentioned, did God tell Job about his conversation with the devil!

God didn't even tell Job it was a test.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help, I Had An Attack Today / 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer / Christ Embassy Port Harcourt Organises Vibrant Generaxion Programme For Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.