Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku (1804 Views)

ADCs Of The President Of Nigeria Since 1999. / Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement / Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by JECBOSS: 7:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
Mr. Maku said the North must wake
up to the new political reality in
Nigeria.
The Minister of Information, Labaran
Maku, in Kaduna on Tuesday said
President Goodluck Jonathan’s
administration was the best thing to
have happened to the North since the
Yakubu Gowon government that
ended in 1975.
Mr. Maku said this in Kaduna during
a town hall meeting organised as
part of National Good Governance
Tour of Kaduna State.
“There has been a denial, a political
denial that President Goodluck
Jonathan is not developing the North.
“And there has been an agenda of
deceit and propaganda, which is
carried out mainly by people and
political opinions in some quarters in
the north that continuously want to
deny the imprint of this
administration.
“The truth is that, never since Gowon
days have you seen the Federal
Government that is impacting
significantly in the development of the
North as President Goodluck
Jonathan’s administration,” he said.
The minister challenged those “with
contradictory view” to a debate,
saying he would back his assertion
with facts.
“We have gone round a number of
Northern states; we have been to
Kebbi, Zamfara, Katsina and we are
now in Kaduna state, the political
headquarters of the old Northern
Region.
“And in all the places we have gone,
the evidence is very clear, contrary to
those who believe that we are into
partisan politics and not discussing
the development of the north.
“The evidence is clear that the
Yar’Adua/Jonathan’s presidency,
since 2007 has placed the
development of the north in the
uppermost part of its own attention,”
he said.
According to him, it is not only a
northern president that can develop
the region.
Mr. Maku cited examples of projects
executed under the Goodluck
Jonathan administration as typical
example that there was no
discrimination in the running of the
administration.
“It is not true that only people from
the north can develop this region, and
at any rate it is no longer possible for
the leaders of the country to come
only from the north.
“Nigeria has changed, today the story
is different. The Presidency will go to
every part of Nigeria, whether we like
it or not.
“And the earlier the north recognises
the reality and plans its development
so that whoever is there, let us go
with our agenda that person will
attend to us.
“Power will reside only in one part of
the country, is history. It will not
happen because Nigeria has
changed, awareness has come.”
He reiterated the commitment of the
federal government to develop every
part of the country.
He listed some of the major projects
undertaken by the Jonathan
administration as the dredging of
River Niger, construction of bridges,
dams and ports, as well as the
revitalisation of the rail line and
education infrastructure.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/151240-jonathan-best-thing-since-to-happen-to-northern-nigeria-since-gowon-maku.html

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by JECBOSS: 7:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
Labaran Maku is An Accomplished Serial Liar and Defender of Corruption and Mediocrity. Nobody takes him serious anymore.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by Bright2(m): 7:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
This one don chop belle wise & still wan chop more grin grin
Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by citizenY(m): 8:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
I am waiting for this tour to come to Nassarawa state. Then Maku will eat his words.

I heard that a cassava bread bakery has been established in Akwanga and that is the source of starch for Maku's agbada and caps. Once he is fully decked, he stands straight , erect and is not afraid of spinning tales.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by Gwekzy: 8:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by taharqa: 8:22pm On Dec 10, 2013
JECBOSS: Labaran Maku is An Accomplished Serial Liar and Defender of Corruption and Mediocrity. Nobody takes him serious anymore.
SHUT ya mouth tha, my frnd. I watched this Programme on NTA until PHCN interrupted our light in Benin. The Minister held d mostly Northern Audience spell-bound as he was making his point with Projects aplenty executed/been executed in d North by d GEJ Admin; and he did so convincingly. I wish the Video was recorded and available...

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by JECBOSS: 8:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
taharqa: SHUT ya mouth tha, my frnd. I watched this Programme on NTA until PHCN interrupted our light in Benin. The Minister held d mostly Northern Audience spell-bound as he was making his point with Projects aplenty executed/been executed in d North by d GEJ Admin; and he did so convincingly. I wish the Video was recorded and available...

Another Maku's Partner in Crime. In this ICT age, U're still wishing 'the video was recorded and available'...
I'm not Surprised! Wake Up!

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by 6cence: 8:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
............until NEPA takes light.................

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by Brimmie(m): 8:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
taharqa: SHUT ya mouth tha, my frnd. I watched this Programme on NTA until PHCN interrupted our light in Benin. The Minister held d mostly Northern Audience spell-bound as he was making his point with Projects aplenty executed/been executed in d North by d GEJ Admin; and he did so convincingly. I wish the Video was recorded and available...
grin grin Your stupidity amuses me! Shut Up.. Just Shut Up!! grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by Pk001(m): 8:56pm On Dec 10, 2013
. Agreed.
Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
Labaran Maku spoke so eloquently well that he was given a thunderous applause at the end of his speech. His position was backed up with FACTS and concrete examples. Here are some of the points made by Maku (atleast the once I can recall):

1. The Ajaokuta Steel complex was started in 1980 by Shagari and by 1983, the project had reached 80% completion. His govt was sacked in a military coup under the excuse of "massive corruption" (the same propaganda that is going on today). But between 1983 and now, the project had remained the way Shagari left it. Not even the "uncorrupt and pure" govt of Buhari did anything about it. The OBJ govt tried to sell the company and made matters worse by entangling the company in a legal dispute of international dimension. The current govt is still battling to settle that legal mess.

2. The dredging of River Niger that has been on the table for decades was finally started by Yar Adua, continued and completed by GEJ.

3. To make the dredged River Niger very useful, the govt is seriously constructing the Baro, Lokoja and other ports.

4. Ongoing construction of 700 megawatts Zungeru hydropower plant in Niger State. This project was awarded by this govt.

5. Construction, reconstruction and rehabilitation of many federal road projects and bridges, some of which were inherited or abandoned projects, including reconstruction of Makurdi-Gboko road, Kano–Potiskum–Maiduguri road, Loko–Oweto bridge( across River Benue), Abuja-Lokoja road,etc. Many of these projects will be completed next year.

6. Rehabilitation of the old narrow guage railway system- Lagos-Kano railway and Port-Harcourt-Enugu-Makurdi-Lafia-Jos-Gombe-Maiduguri railway.

7. Construction of Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri modern railway. This project started in the 80's (I think by the same Shagari govt) but was later abandoned.

8. Many dams, including the one the good governance tour team inspected in Kaduna.

And so and so forth.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 10, 2013
In the final analysis, I don't think "Jonathan is the best thing to have happened to the North since Gowon" is the appropriate title for this thread.
Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by alaoeri: 10:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
Maku sycophant of the highest order.
Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by awodman: 10:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
HNosegbe: In the final analysis, I don't think "Jonathan is the best thing to have happened to the North since Gowon" is the appropriate title for this thread.
How would you caption it
Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by citizenY(m): 11:11pm On Dec 10, 2013
Railway.... when they construct standard gauge... we shall clap...

Roads.. omnibus ....when do u start and complete... like Lokoja?

Dredging... Onitsha port is yet to see action... do we know what is happening to stretches after Lokoja and Onitsha?

Ajaokuta... too many lies... before Baba Iyabo and after

I expected Maku to showcase Nassarawa alone or shut up

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by simpleseyi: 11:52pm On Dec 10, 2013
Maku is right. One of the problems of the North is over-population because Northerners do not practice family planning. Jonathan has been helping to reduce the population of the North by creating Boko Haram (Gen. Patrick Owoye Azazi confirmed this) to kill, maim and destroy the over-blotted population. This is the best thing that could happen to the North, but the worst thing that have happen to them is having someone like Maku as their representative, it is really unfortunate.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by Mogten(m): 12:23am On Dec 11, 2013
One cannot deny that he raised some valid points.
Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by fkaz(m): 3:12am On Dec 11, 2013
citizenY: Railway.... when they construct standard gauge... we shall clap...

Roads.. omnibus ....when do u start and complete... like Lokoja?

Dredging... Onitsha port is yet to see action... do we know what is happening to stretches after Lokoja and Onitsha?

Ajaokuta... too many lies... before Baba Iyabo and after

I expected Maku to showcase Nassarawa alone or shut up

Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by MeAboki(m): 4:24am On Dec 11, 2013
This silly man should limit his gratitude to Johnathan to himself alone for giving him (Labaran Maku) the job of minister, so he can continue displaying his ignorance, like foolishly trying to credit the same Johnathan for bringing Facebook to Nigerians - can you imagine.
What insult to northerners and a discredit to Gowon, in view that the latter was a true leader to all Nigerians never favoured any region over and above another (it was therefore unfair of him to imply so); unlike his kleptomanic master who openly makes divisive statements while presiding over the on going maiming and demise of thousands of northerners by his PDP brand of Boko Haram, as he siphons trillions for himself and his goons in the name of security budget; as well as watching over the grounding down of most northern industries (particularly in Kano) through the disproportionate negative allocation of power to the region with attendant consequences.
Labaran should STFU and realize that only dullards like himself and the gullible will buy into his thinly veiled sycophantic lies. angry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by Nobody: 5:15am On Dec 11, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9cKOQvOllU

start video from 1:00:32 for Makus speech

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by agbameta: 5:19am On Dec 11, 2013
Lmao @ till nepa take light... These Oponuchukwu dullards no go kill pesin with
Comedy.
Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by donphilopus: 5:19am On Dec 11, 2013
This man is a well known hocus pocus spewer! I expect him to still say the same thing in Bauchi, Jigawa, Borno, Adamawa and Yobe, and tell us the result.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 11, 2013
Labaran Maku case if like dat of a kid dat just collected biscuit from his Uncle.. At that point in time he's d uncle best friend.

It doesn't last. Shebi u go still enter house grin
Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by taharqa: 6:50am On Dec 11, 2013
NAIJA_SOM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9cKOQvOllU

start video from 1:00:32 for Makus speech
God bless you.... The Resident IJIOTS may now watch the Vid for themselves and Pant d more
Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by JulianBond007: 7:18am On Dec 11, 2013
taharqa: God bless you.... The Resident IJIOTS may now watch the Vid for themselves and Pant d more
Your mumu no get part 2 I swear! Shut up! Just shut up your mouth!! If you say anything.....angry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by fkaz(m): 7:18am On Dec 11, 2013
donphilopus: This man is a well known hocus pocus spewer! I expect him to still say the same thing in Bauchi, Jigawa, Borno, Adamawa and Yobe, and tell us the result.

Even in south-east labaran Maku and insincere 9geria will tell you that, FG have commission onitsha port, work is going on 2nd niger bridge, orient oil refinery has been commission and working, anambra is now a oil producing state, they are deceiving their people.
The issue of ajaokuta steel and Itakpe iron-ore company is another conduct pipe for looting. Dredging of river niger from bayalsa to baro in niger state is all ruse, the remaining portion of lokoja-abuja road contract was increase from N42 billion to N116 billion. We pray they complete it this time around.
Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by taharqa: 7:21am On Dec 11, 2013
JulianBond007: Your mumu no get part 2 I swear! Shut up! Just shut up your mouth!! If you say anything.....angry
One of d Resident IJIOTS I was just talking about has arrived. Welcome!.. But Mbog, hv read watched d Vid already? That was what I askd u chaps to do, you know..
Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by JulianBond007: 7:36am On Dec 11, 2013
taharqa: One of d Resident IJIOTS I was just talking about has arrived. Welcome!.. But Mbog, hv read watched d Vid already? That was what I askd u chaps to do, you know..
you are a product of a failed educational system under Jonathan's administration. Look at the way you write simple English? You are a disappointment to your people. Sorry for you! angry
Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by donphilopus: 7:37am On Dec 11, 2013
fkaz:

Even in south-east labaran Maku and insincere 9geria will tell you that, FG have commission onitsha port, work is going on 2nd niger bridge, orient oil refinery has been commission and working, anambra is now a oil producing state, they are deceiving their people.
The issue of ajaokuta steel and Itakpe iron-ore company is another conduct pipe for looting. Dredging of river niger from bayalsa to baro in niger state is all ruse, the remaining portion of lokoja-abuja road contract was increase from N42 billion to N116 billion. We pray they complete it this time around.
Forget about them! Lying is synonymous to their name.
Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by taharqa: 7:51am On Dec 11, 2013
Me_Aboki: This silly man should limit his gratitude to Johnathan to himself alone for giving him (Labaran Maku) the job of minister, so he can continue displaying his ignorance, like foolishly trying to credit the same Johnathan for bringing Facebook to Nigerians - can you imagine.
What insult to northerners and a discredit to Gowon, in view that the latter was a true leader to all Nigerians never favoured any region over and above another (it was therefore unfair of him to imply so); unlike his kleptomanic master who openly makes divisive statements while presiding over the on going maiming and demise of thousands of northerners by his PDP brand of Boko Haram, as he siphons trillions for himself and his goons in the name of security budget; as well as watching over the grounding down of most northern industries (particularly in Kano) through the disproportionate negative allocation of power to the region with attendant consequences.
Labaran should STFU and realize that only dullards like himself and the gullible will buy into his thinly veiled sycophantic lies. angry
Actuali, he enumerated (with Pics and Videos) sm of d things d GEJ Admin has done/is doing as regards Power in d North, esp within d Kaduna-Kano axis. Viz: the groundbreaking and start of construction of d 700MW Zungeru HydroPower Plant, a plan which has been 'in d drawing block' since b4 Independence and WHICH EVERY PREVIOUS GOVTS, PARTICULARLY THOSE FROM THE NORTH, HAVE ALL FAILED TO DO; the similar 3000MW Mambilla HydroPower Plant that is on d verge of groundbreaking, and which other previous 'Northern Govts' have also FAILED to do since b4 Independence; the almost completed 215MW Oil-based Power Plant in Kaduna, whose Civil works are almost done and ALL Turbines already on d spot (Pics and Vid of this plant was shown doing d programme just as a tour of d facility was undataken by d Journalists on d team)- this has always been d Plan of previous Govts in order to have dedicated Power to d Kaduna-Kano Industrial zone but hv ALL FAILED to even reali start until now (I think d VP, who is from Kaduna, is personali pushing this project on); the already recently completed (virtuali) 35MW HydroPower Plant from d huge Gurara Multipurpose dam project (a huge project itself which is almost done and was toured, and which will supply Water, Irrigation facilities, Power, Tourism to parts of Abuja and Kaduna)- d Transmission lines to evacuate Power to d Mado Transmission station is been constructed currently; d Extremely important IkotEpene-Enugu-Markudi-Jos (all d way to Mado) Transmission Double lobed Line.... He did not even mention others like all d other Distribution and Transmission Lines/Stations been/already built tru out d North by NIPP like d Ajaokuta-Abuja Line; the new Wind Power Plant been built in Kastina; Or d fact that d FG is trying to insert mini-hypoPower Plants to d new dams she is building in d north, etc etc etc..... Now, these are d #FACTS. You may not like it for reasons best known to you, but you Cannot 'bend' it- at least not successfully. EVENTUALI, it wud catch up with you and smark you violently in d face if you continued to denial it. The Slap is what is called REALITY...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by taharqa: 7:52am On Dec 11, 2013
JulianBond007: you are a product of a failed educational system under Jonathan's administration. Look at the way you write simple English? You are a disappointment to your people. Sorry for you! angry
Hv u watchd d Vid?? Yes Or No...
Re: Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku by taharqa: 7:55am On Dec 11, 2013
fkaz:

Why are u confusing yrself by yr own self? Why write thrash, esp when it is OP ('out of point')

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chinonso Dike / Ahmed magaji tinubuwal (popularly call Tinubu) for governor jigawa state / Emir Of Kano Sanusi Lamido Prostrates To Greet Alaafin Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.