Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,430 members, 7,954,686 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:12 AM

Nigeria, Venezuela Begin Visa-free Travel Regime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Venezuela Begin Visa-free Travel Regime (951 Views)

Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin / Nigeria Signed Pact To Import Refined Oil Under Buhari's Regime (NY Times 1984) / Picture Of Obasanjo Monitoring Venezuela's Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Venezuela Begin Visa-free Travel Regime by lovetterrison(m): 11:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
Minister of State 1, Prof. Viola Onwuliri

The Charge D’ Affairs of Venezuela Embassy in Nigeria, Mr Miguelangel Vecchia, on Tuesday, said Nigeria and Venezuela have started implementing an agreement that allows visa-free travel for officials and diplomatic passport holders.

Vecchia made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja.
He said the agreement was made official in the Venezuelan official Gazette number 40, 215 published on July 26, 2013.
He recalled that the agreement was initially signed on Nov. 24, 2012 by the then Nigeria’s Minister of State 1, Prof. Viola Onwuliri and Venezuelan Deputy Minister for Africa, Mr Reinaldo Bolivar.

The envoy said the agreement would deepen the diplomatic and bilateral relations between the two oil producing and exporting countries.
The Charge D’ Affairs said the embassy in Abuja had simplified visa application requirements for ordinary passport holders.

However, he added, the requirements for students and business visa were simple ``but it is not free.’’
Vecchia said the Venezuelan government had signed 33 multilateral agreements with Nigeria since the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two in 1965.

He commended the commitment and foresight of former President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela for prioritising economic ties with Africa.

He said ``Chavez cared deeply for Africans, before Chavez, Africa was nothing to the Venezuelans in the external policy of our country; Africa was like an unknown territory.
``Before Chavez, there was only about eight diplomatic missions in Africa, now we have 18 embassies and they oversee 37 countries.’’, according to News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
Re: Nigeria, Venezuela Begin Visa-free Travel Regime by EMERITUS85(m): 12:01am On Dec 11, 2013
ftc
Re: Nigeria, Venezuela Begin Visa-free Travel Regime by Chanchit: 5:57am On Dec 11, 2013
Mtcheeeew. Why give people who have this money free things.
Just when I don start to pack my bag..
Re: Nigeria, Venezuela Begin Visa-free Travel Regime by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 11, 2013
Until I can walk to the Airport with my Green ECOWAS Passport and travel to US without Visa I would continue to believe dat it's all a scam and sham. Moreover if I become a govt official or diplomat, Visa go be easy fin for me na cuz I for don Hammer like craze (Not planning to be corrupt ohhh, but if PDP still dey power by den, I go corrupt no be swear)

Ok if it's for all Govt workers including state n federal staffs self ehen, I for hear..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Former Gambian Judge Bag 2 Yrs In Jail For Conspiracy Against A Nigerian Judge / APC Members Angry Over Leaders’ Visit To OBJ / Goodbye Nigeria! (1 January 1914- 1 January 2014)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.