Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Pope Francis Named Time's 2013 Person Of The Year - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Named Time's 2013 Person Of The Year (1061 Views)

Pope Francis Named Time's Person Of The Year. / Pope Francis Named Time's Person Of The Year / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Named Time's 2013 Person Of The Year by 735i(m): 3:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
Pope Francis, the first Jesuit pontiff who won hearts and headlines with his humility and common touch, was named Time magazine's Person of the Year for 2013, the magazine revealed Wednesday on TODAY.

The iconic title goes every year to the individual chosen by Time editors as someone who has had the most impact on the world and the news — for better or worse — over the past year.

Pope Francis stood out "as someone who has changed the tone and perception and focus of one of the world largest institutions in an extraordinary way," Time managing editor Nancy Gibbs said Wednesday.

"So much of what he has done in his brief nine months in office has really changed the tone that is coming out of the Vatican. He is saying, 'We are about the healing mission of the church, and not about the theological police work that had maybe been preoccupying us.'"

The magazine staff makes the ultimate decision, Gibbs said, but they poll readers and take public opinion into account. This was the third time Time named a pope as its Person of the Year.

http://www.today.com/news/pope-francis-named-times-2013-person-year-2D11723759

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Named Time's 2013 Person Of The Year by PastorKun(m): 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
Congratulations to Pope Francis. Though I am not catholic, I appreciate Pope Francis humility and disposition to his papal office. Wishing him all the best in his efforts to reform the catholic institution.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Named Time's 2013 Person Of The Year by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 28, 2022
735i:
Pope Francis, the first Jesuit pontiff who won hearts and headlines with his humility and common touch, was named Time magazine's Person of the Year for 2013, the magazine revealed Wednesday on TODAY.

The iconic title goes every year to the individual chosen by Time editors as someone who has had the most impact on the world and the news — for better or worse — over the past year.

Pope Francis stood out "as someone who has changed the tone and perception and focus of one of the world largest institutions in an extraordinary way," Time managing editor Nancy Gibbs said Wednesday.

"So much of what he has done in his brief nine months in office has really changed the tone that is coming out of the Vatican. He is saying, 'We are about the healing mission of the church, and not about the theological police work that had maybe been preoccupying us.'"

The magazine staff makes the ultimate decision, Gibbs said, but they poll readers and take public opinion into account. This was the third time Time named a pope as its Person of the Year.

http://www.today.com/news/pope-francis-named-times-2013-person-year-2D11723759

Boss, I can't access my pm pls
Re: Pope Francis Named Time's 2013 Person Of The Year by 735i(m): 3:15pm On Nov 28, 2022
LagosInter:

Boss, I can't access my pm pls

Shoot me an email.

Let me know when you do so I can delete this

(1) (Reply)

Why Don't Jehovah Witness Celebrate Christmas? / Pastors Called By God / Ebola A Warning Or Sign Of The End?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.