Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,939 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss (1640 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread / What Is The Difference Between Samsung And Techno Android Phones? / I Need A New Phone: Who Has For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by Esdb(m): 3:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
I've had a lot of arguments with a lot of people telling them Samsung which runs on android is the boss of the I-phone which runs on ios...the onlyy points they all seem to make is I-phone is classy nd its for the elite and all craps like that..but what do y'all really think cause in terms of
Screen size
Functions
Camera,,,,,
for me,,,, Sammy rules...

Whatch ya think??
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by bastien: 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2013
Abegi Iphone still dey learn!!!

No fone fit rival Samsung as for now!!!

1 Like

Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by ULSHERLAN(m): 4:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
the buyer is the boss
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by texasbullet(m): 4:44pm On Dec 12, 2013
u pple are comparing fainting with death, papa go always old pass pickin iphone na baba to samsung any day. Before i give out my points. Pls answer this have u all used iphone b4 ? Cause have experienced the two platforms and i know the best
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by bastien: 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2013
texasbullet: u pple are comparing fainting with death, papa go always old pass pickin iphone na baba to samsung any day. Before i give out my points. Pls answer this have u all used iphone b4 ? Cause have experienced the two platforms and i know the best
oga sire! I disagree! Iphone is not even close to samsung
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by Esdb(m): 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
Jst luk at d Samsung phones and their function Iphone na old timer its a losser dude
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by bikerboy1(m): 6:46pm On Dec 12, 2013
bros, your phone is the boss grin
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by Anomnity: 6:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
Samsung beat iphone 1000 times over.I have iphone 4S 32GB with me as I speak.
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by destino24(m): 7:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
Esdb: I've had a lot of arguments with a lot of people telling them Samsung which runs on android is the boss of the I-phone which runs on ios...the onlyy points they all seem to make is I-phone is classy nd its for the elite and all craps like that..but what do y'all really think cause in terms of
Screen size
Functions
Camera,,,,,
for me,,,, Sammy rules...

Whatch ya think??

That's the way people think, they seem to think costlier phones are the best, nothing else matters. If i say Samsung vs gionee, or infinix vs tecno etc..... people will have exactly that same reaction
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 12, 2013
Presently using a samsung with 2 quad processors(note 3) and 3 gig ram, I will say that an iphone 5 is still more powerful in terms of processing power...also used an ipad 2 64 gig, its almost the same processing power with a newer model samsung note. Mind you, apple released the ipad in 2011. I would say apple is ahead of samsung in mobile devices for now.

Samsung just like adding some useless motion and eye features that dont even work perfectly.

2 Likes

Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by Esdb(m): 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2013
if xpnsiv was d priority, phones like Vertu wld b the highest slling phon chck out dt fon nd se its rubbish jst flashy
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by texasbullet(m): 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2013
mitwitdot: Presently using a samsung with 2 quad processors(note 3) and 3 gig ram, I will say that an iphone 5 is still more powerful in terms of processing power...also used an ipad 2 64 gig, its almost the same processing power with a newer model samsung note. Mind you, apple released the ipad in 2011. I would say apple is ahead of samsung in mobile devices for now.

Samsung just like adding some useless motion and eye features that dont even work perfectly.
tell them o samsung that has been selling plastic to the world over the years, thanks to android platform who amongst u guys can boast of samsung before the invention of android pls always compare samsung with tecno, htc, infinix and other droid not apple ok !
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by destino24(m): 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2013
Esdb: if xpnsiv was d priority, phones like Vertu wld b the highest slling phon chck out dt fon nd se its rubbish jst flashy

If the phone were to be as popular as Samsung and blackberry and tecno etc, then believe me, you'd have a very different opinion about what i just said.

In Nigeria,
A very expensive phone + popularity = quality
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by daverebranded(m): 9:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
Lol....apple forming aluminum... How many knew SME apples come out of the box scratched...u call Sammy plastic when plastic last longer than aluminium check that aluminium well.....iOS vs android?? Handled both tho the iPhone 4s belonged to my guy I prefare d android am using let's me do many things no doing thinks for me... Talk of camera , display and processing speed give it up for the iOS, talk of access, multiple features, tweaks, screen size and more give it to Sammy.... But all in all it depends on the user
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by WhiteNiccur(m): 9:39pm On Dec 12, 2013
Let's talk about Operating systems 1st, even android OS cannot even be compared to the old iOS 6...not to talk of iOS 7...
App wise, u get the best apps on the iphone and applications comes with earlier updates for all devices...on the android platform u have to many compatibility issues with different devices.
How often does ur android device get updates? I've updated my IOS 7 three times already.
Let's use bbm as an example, how many updates for bbm have u gotten for android? Just 2 since the launch of bbm on android and iOS...
The samsung camera is no match for the iphone that now has slow mo and isense....
The iPhone's phone speed is incomparable..
The iphone has a better ba3 and now we have touch ID....
Apple is known for using the best materials available when it comes to their devices also hence the durable nature of the iPhones ....

The samsung is no match for the iphone, I'll post a link that'll help u decide
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by destino24(m): 9:48pm On Dec 12, 2013
Wey all this tecno haters, make una come talk ooo. If na tecno, una go get mouth

1 Like

Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by WhiteNiccur(m): 10:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
To me android is just a joke,
I liked the idea of open source when it was 1st announced in 2007 but looking at the OS now disappoints me.
The play store is filled with lots of malware and junk apps...apps that forces u to post a good review before u can install, some apps won't even let u delete them, too many ads and sometimes u'll even have ads on the middle of ur screen while playing a game.
When bbm came on android one could not even tell which app was bbm, u had over 100 fake bbm app.
Apple applies a lot of scrutiny to make sure every app in the App Store is safe.
What differentiates ur samsung from every other cheap android phones? Just hardware!! #Boring

1 Like

Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by krugar07(m): 11:51pm On Dec 12, 2013
mitwitdot: Presently using a samsung with 2 quad processors(note 3) and 3 gig ram, I will say that an iphone 5 is still more powerful in terms of processing power...also used an ipad 2 64 gig, its almost the same processing power with a newer model samsung note. Mind you, apple released the ipad in 2011. I would say apple is ahead of samsung in mobile devices for now.

guy no talk dat tin. d reason why ipads n iphones seem to have more powerful cpus is because hardware and the os has been optimized. bsides ios is lighter than android. if ios runs the s800/exynos octa, the performance will b far better than what u see on the A8 chips(iphone 5 is even A7). lastly from ur post, ur judgememt was NOT from experience.

1 Like

Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 13, 2013
Op your title get as e dey.... you mean Android vs iOs or Samsung vs Apple?
In terms of the OS, it depends on user preference.
When it comes to security, app optimization, iOS takes the lead.
Android on the other hand is open source and can be customized.
iOS is a profitable platform for developers, so expect more exclusive games, apps and also more support than Android.
Regular firmware updates on iOS devices, firmware updates on android isn't as sleek as iOS due to differences in hardware and bootloaders.
iOS is user friendly, Android is not that much.
iOS is expensive, thank god for tecno grin
Both OS lags, Android does it better.
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by WhiteNiccur(m): 7:16am On Dec 13, 2013
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by hmail12: 8:32am On Dec 13, 2013
HTC One xl for Säle 32gb
One month old

Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by bastien: 8:49am On Dec 13, 2013
hmail12: HTC One xl for Säle 32gb
One month old
how much?
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by caukerzee(m): 11:18am On Dec 13, 2013

iOS is just more optimized. Android needs more power i.e more hardware power to run s smoothly.
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by caukerzee(m): 11:35am On Dec 13, 2013
texasbullet: tell them o samsung that has been selling plastic to the world over the years, thanks to android platform who amongst u guys can boast of samsung before the invention of android pls always compare samsung with tecno, htc, infinix and other droid not apple ok !
'Plastic'...Hahahah. The iMedia has succeeded been brainwashing you that aluminum is better than plastic. Some things Samsung offers with 'plastic' that aluminum doesn't-
1. Durability (I don't expect you to believe this. of course you have been brainwashed by iMedia that aluminum is more durable)
2. Expendable memory through SD Card.
3. Easier reparability (iphone sucks at that).
4. Removable battery( I can go from 0 to 100% in 5 seconds)
5. Lesser scratch propensity (some iphones come of scratched out the box)
6. Lesser impact/damage to internal components on fall ( F=Ma. Does that ring a bell? Plastic is lighter than alumium so lesser force created.

P.S: Samsung made Android this popular and not the other way round.. The 80% market share Android holds is mainly due to samsung.
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by krugar07(m): 12:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
caukerzee: Plastic...Hahahah. The iMedia has succeeded bin brainwashing you that aluminum is better than plastic. Somr things Samsung offers with plastic polycarbonate that aluminum doesn't
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by caukerzee(m): 12:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
WhiteNiccur: Let's talk about Operating systems 1st, even android OS cannot even be compared to the old iOS 6...not to talk of iOS 7...
Without reasons?? Because you are the smartphone god that sets the standards What a hipster!!!
App wise, u get the best apps on the iphone and applications comes with earlier updates for all devices...on the android platform u have to many compatibility issues with different devices.
Both app stores are almost equal in app quality and updates come just about the same time.
How often does ur android device get updates? I've updated my IOS 7 three times already.
Depends on the OEM in question I use a Samsung and a nexus so I get OS updates. And they come pretty much early.
Let's use bbm as an example, how many updates for bbm have u gotten for android? Just 2 since the launch of bbm on android and iOS...
Don't be an idiot. Its obvious at this point that you are no techie, just one of those American wannabes who see owning an iPhone as a status symbol.

Anyways..Don't get so excited. The only reason iOS got received more updates over time was because of the several bugs that needed fixing not because iOS is given more priority. This only shows that the android app was better built. Also, remember the BBM app was released first to an android OEM, Samsung to be specific, before it even got to iOS.
The samsung camera is no match for the iphone that now has slow mo and isense....
LoL...says who?? Go read all popular camera comparison reviews. The Samsung galaxy s4 zoom and note 3 cameras muder any iPhone camera out there.Do you just sit behind you screen, fantasize lies about the iPhone you wish were true and type them on here?? Slo-mo? You mean slo-joke?? Lol...there are Android apps on the play store with that gimmick of a feature. Now let's lalk about real functionality... your dead ipon (purposely misspelled) can't shoot 4k videos. Finger print scanner? Are you talking about that gimmick on the iPhone with so many bugs and the one German developers exposed how gimmicky it was?? Is it that big joke you're talking about. Please have a seat.

The samsung is no match for the iphone, I'll post a link that'll help u decide
Speed?? That's because it is better optimized to the hardware. iOS is too light when a little weight was put on it with iOS7 we started hearing cases of lag and constant app crashing. Reason why iOS is boring and lacks as many functionalities like Samsung's touch wiz.
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
Iv never used an iPhone,... Loyal android fan cool
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by caukerzee(m): 12:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
WhiteNiccur: To me android is just a joke,
Just like your thought, your opinion is a joke. In fact, you are a big joke. And 2 billion Android users do not give a fúck.
I liked the idea of open source when it was 1st announced in 2007 but looking at the OS now disappoints me.
Who cares how you feel about android. You know what open sourse has done for Google?? 80% of the smartphone market share. The world will not notice or change an inch while you die from depression of being dissapointed while Google smiles to the bank.
The play store is filled with lots of malware and junk apps...apps that forces u to post a good review before u can install, some apps won't even let u delete them, too many ads and sometimes u'll even have ads on the middle of ur screen while playing a game.
There is no MALWARE on the play store. I don't know if you just heard the word, liked how it sounded and started using it everywhere. Or you just saw comments from your troll gods from other tech sites and being a hipster that you are, you decided to say the same shît. And as regards ads, there are iOS as with equally annoying ad showing.
When bbm came on android one could not even tell which app was bbm, u had over 100 fake bbm app.
if one searched well, he would have four the app with no stress.
Apple applies a lot of scrutiny to make sure every app in the App Store is safe.
What differentiates ur samsung from every other cheap android phones? Just hardware!! #Boring
This is my problem with all these hipster iFanboys. You have never used android phones extensively yet you sit behind your screens and type shït about it simply because you saw your iTroll gods on other tech sites. You don't seem to known the meaning of 'open source'. Let me educate you. Android OEMs are allowed to tweak the android OS and add their skins to it. Hence giving it added functionality which they optimize to their hardwares. Samsung's android is called "touch wiz" which is the most functional mobile software skin in the world. I give the boring tag to iOS which most of its functionality comes from 3rd party apps.

1 Like

Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by krugar07(m): 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
^^^^^^ u ga' a lo'a tym onn ya 'ole 'ans. grin grin
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by kelvinnn(m): 1:16pm On Dec 13, 2013
In times of hardware quality I give it to APPLE.....n in times of softwares and screen/pix quality I give it to samsung.
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by Esdb(m): 2:21pm On Dec 13, 2013

Is this guy a learner? av u hard about th octa-core well if u avnt its the highst procssor a phone can dream of having for now and it was dveloped by samsung so plsssssss dnt ever compar the speed of sammy with any other smartphons only the ipad air can match up right now
Re: SAMSUNG And I-phone;;who Is The Boss by caukerzee(m): 5:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
krugar07: ^^^^^^ u ga' a lo'a tym onn ya 'ole 'ans. grin grin
Translation??

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP!!! How To Root My Innjoo F2 Tablet Custom Rom So As To Use Glo Bis / See Glo Oo!! / Glo Wahala....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.