Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,660 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Please Urgent Advice - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Urgent Advice (897 Views)

Dear Nairalanders Please Urgent Advise Is Needed. / Please Urgent Help / Please!urgent Help Needed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Urgent Advice by ndiana606: 3:54pm On Dec 12, 2013
Good day my brothers and sisters, please I need your candid contribution on the short passage below.
Far back when I finished my secondary school I gained admission to studied agronomy in my state university despite it wasn’t my choice because I had wanted studying elect/elect. When I was in year two, my sister in Italy called that I should come over through morocco, so I have to leave school . In less than 2 week I was in morocco God being on my side I entered ceuta(camp) that was 1999. I was given resident and working permit. I gave the papers to a friend I just met there who has been in Spain for 4 years without papers to use and enable me renew when due while I was using my in-laws’ own in Italy. Before October 2004 I have visit Nigeria 6 times but my mum wasn’t ok with my frequent coming because I am from a polygamous home( 7 wives). While in Italy 2003 I entered the bus without buying the ticket and I was taken to the police station and thumb printed on my expired Spanish document and I was asked to leave Italy. Immediately I went to Spain to thumb on my document and I was given another 2 years but cautioned me not to go Italy. I still went there because of my work and flew from there to Nigeria(dec 2003) but since my ticket was to n fro coming back I was caught at the airport(Milan) and detained for 3 days before deportation but they gave me my document. Getting to Nigeria I boarded Air France and I landed Spain again. March 2004 I came to Nigeria but couldn’t go back due to illness and problem here and there till my ticket n papers expired. I went to the Spanish embassy no head way n it was there I noticed that the boy working with my papers came to marry n pick his girlfriend with my papers. Out of shame and disappointment I relocated from my state I went far but still within Nigeria. I wrote WAEC and JAMB again n I got admission into federal university to study elect/elect engineering. To God be the Glory I just finished NYSC( october batch C 2013) with Second Class Upper. Retained where I served in a state polytechnic #45,000 on contract monthly. Now please what should I do? Still ashame to go home.
1) My brother promised to contribute 3m to enable me do my master abroad, what do u think?
2) Which visa n country can I go comfortably with that amount? If possible
3) Can I still get the Spanish document?
4) A friend in Qatar told him I should come over n that is easier to migrate from there, what is ur opinion?
Please positive contribution. Don’t mind my English oooo I am using phone
Re: Please Urgent Advice by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
From all you narrated, have you sat down to think& re-think if you are destined to be outside the shores of Nigeria, l don't know your belief system or what you believe in, life is too precious to gamble with, consult your spiritual/sub-conscious mind, where/what is your heart telling or leading you to, be that as it may, here are my thoughts:

1. When you have answered the scenerio above then maybe you can try out some schools in Finland, tuition l guess is either free or low, or you can continue your job in the polytechnic while you go online and search for schools in the US that might offer you scholarship or low tuition fee.

2. l doubt if you can still get the Spanish document since your friend has used it to get married except you want to complicate things for him and yourself.

3. Since you have Engineering background, l think you might be able to get a job in Qatar, although, of recent there seem to be an embargo of the Qatar 5year work visa against Nigerians, you can still get the visa but it will be expensive according to Nigerians who are there.

4. To be able to fly from Qatar to any western nation, you need to be a resident of Doha with good bank accounts/statement,but, there are tour agencies in Qatar that can sponsor your visa applications to the western world, but, they will charge you heavily.

Goodluck with your choice.
Re: Please Urgent Advice by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
Why don't you just use the 3m for a reasonable biz in naija. Na by force to travel out and if u feel like travelling out of nigeria, cotonou, lome and ghana dey there, since na to travel be your problem undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Please Urgent Advice by ndiana606: 5:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
@ ogakpatakpata, thanks (grazie milla capo) for ur contribution and i can try finland please the process? a friend recommended this forum n even made mention of you. Master please help me now that my bros his ready to assist because he even told his friends that i have gone back since(2003) even a genuine way to dubai.
@ aanumama, my bros cant just give me the cash physically and i am not the biz type
Re: Please Urgent Advice by 25omega(m): 5:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
this is what we yorubas call afi owo fa. you got yourself in the shit you ended up in. I have a question of how your friend was able to travel out of spain with your documents. Anyway like someone said already why not use the 3 million to start something. Going to europe to start over wont be as easy as it was back in the day.
Re: Please Urgent Advice by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 12, 2013
ndiana606: @ ogakpatakpata, thanks for ur contribution and i can try finland please the process?
@ aanumama, my bros cant just give me the cash physically and i am not the biz type

Post your questions in the link below,take your time and go through the entire travel section, there is virtually a thread for every country you desire to travel to, there are gurus on that thread to guide you:

https://www.nairaland.com/577919/study-finland-september-tuition-free
Re: Please Urgent Advice by ndiana606: 6:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
my going is just to school and come back @25omega thanks but just forget the guy my God will ask him. someone i never knew but based on the fact that is a Nigerian. The guy cried and explained is plight to me bitterly i just gave him and all these years he never bothered to call or mail me well that is human being for you. I just need a place i can do my masters at cheaper rate, ease visa process and no toefl because the last page of the link my Oga pasted above no Nigeria or even Ghana.
Re: Please Urgent Advice by ndiana606: 8:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
can i use Italian embassy to process schengen visa ?
Re: Please Urgent Advice by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
ndiana606: can i use Italian embassy to process schengen visa ?

Yes, Italy is a member of the schengen zone, l still suggest you sit down and ask yourself several questions before making any trip to avoid the mistakes of the past, if you are looking for cheap tuition, look towards Finland/Germany. Post your questions on those thread, there are gurus on both thread to guide you, since you had issues in Italy, why will you consider applying for a visa through them, don't you think your data is still on their system,except if they have cancelled it.Thread wisely and don't be desperate.
Re: Please Urgent Advice by pato405(m): 11:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
This is the problem with Nigerian youths. They NEVER learn! They are ALWAYZ under the delusion that they can only make it by travelling abroad. Despite your earlier international exposure, you are still hell bent and resolute to travel abroad. Well, if you are so desperate t travel abroad, I could give you vital links and guarantee you an admission into a UK university for Masters (please note: I'm not asking you to send me your money. All that is needed is your transcript).

However, in fairness, I will advise you against travelling. You can consolidate on what you already have. Split the 3mil. Use 1mil for M.Eng in any of the federal Uni's in Nigeria and invest 2mil into any profitable business. At this level of exposure, one would expect you to have realised that not everyone makes it abroad. Besides, most of these European countries you've mentioned (Spain, Italy, etc and others Greece, France, Hungary) are currently in financial quagmire. Things ain't rosy anymore in these countries and its particularly even more difficult for foreign nationales, particularly those from Africa because recent employment policies do not favour them. Imagine UK clearly stating that if employment opportunities exist, only British citizens should be granted FIRST priority. if there is no applicant from Britain, then EU citizens should be considered, and in cases where there is no one from EU (which is highly unlikely due to the current high influx of EU members into UK. No thanks to free migration policy for all EU members), then others can be considered..of which, Africans are last on their priority list. In other words, Opportunities abroad are closing down for migrants.

It's time for everyone to start looking inwards. This desperation for abroad is simply senseless. You might just end up wasting your time further only to come back to square one (back to Nigeria again). It's then you'll realise you've been rigmaroling in an endless cycle of globetrotting without achieving anything. At least, coming back home, you've gotten yourself a good certificate. Try to build on what you have. There should be no shame in being home.

my 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: Please Urgent Advice by ndiana606: 10:09am On Dec 18, 2013
thanks for your contributions so far, like how much is qatar working visa?
Re: Please Urgent Advice by DCTrendy(m): 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
pato405: This is the problem with Nigerian youths. They NEVER learn! They are ALWAYZ under the delusion that they can only make it by travelling abroad. Despite your earlier international exposure, you are still hell bent and resolute to travel abroad. Well, if you are so desperate t travel abroad, I could give you vital links and guarantee you an admission into a UK university for Masters (please note: I'm not asking you to send me your money. All that is needed is your transcript).

However, in fairness, I will advise you against travelling. You can consolidate on what you already have. Split the 3mil. Use 1mil for M.Eng in any of the federal Uni's in Nigeria and invest 2mil into any profitable business. At this level of exposure, one would expect you to have realised that not everyone makes it abroad. Besides, most of these European countries you've mentioned (Spain, Italy, etc and others Greece, France, Hungary) are currently in financial quagmire. Things ain't rosy anymore in these countries and its particularly even more difficult for foreign nationales, particularly those from Africa because recent employment policies do not favour them. Imagine UK clearly stating that if employment opportunities exist, only British citizens should be granted FIRST priority. if there is no applicant from Britain, then EU citizens should be considered, and in cases where there is no one from EU (which is highly unlikely due to the current high influx of EU members into UK. No thanks to free migration policy for all EU members), then others can be considered..of which, Africans are last on their priority list. In other words, Opportunities abroad are closing down for migrants.

It's time for everyone to start looking inwards. This desperation for abroad is simply senseless. You might just end up wasting your time further only to come back to square one (back to Nigeria again). It's then you'll realise you've been rigmaroling in an endless cycle of globetrotting without achieving anything. At least, coming back home, you've gotten yourself a good certificate. Try to build on what you have. There should be no shame in being home.

my 2 cents.

he said his bro wont give the money to him physically but rather pay the sch directly, so where is this splitting the money coming from?

Young man, get the hell out of that country!

US, Canada with 3m, u shld be ok for masters. my little cent

45k salary nonsense. that shld be around 300$ per month!!

1 Like

Re: Please Urgent Advice by ndiana606: 5:33am On Dec 19, 2013
pls i need schools that i dont need to write gmat,toelf etc
Re: Please Urgent Advice by harrrry: 11:54am On Dec 22, 2013
Brother look b4 u leap search this forum very useful

(1) (Reply)

U.S Or CANADA My Dream Country.8-) / 6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About / Ghana Online Passport Registration Launched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.