Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Monitor Your Stolen Android Device With ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Monitor Your Stolen Android Device With ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER (1877 Views)

My Experience With Android Phones So Far (photos) / Five Hardly Known Things You Can Do With Android 5.0 Lollipop Smartphones. / Find Your Lost Or Stolen Android Phone With Android Device Manager From Google (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monitor Your Stolen Android Device With ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER by Hotdiamond(m): 7:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
Android Device
Manager, allows you to locate
your misplaced Android device from
the web and lock/erase it remotely
should it get stolen. Initially the
service was only accessible from the
web interface, but now Google has
officially launched an Android app that
lets you use one of your droids to look
up another.
Android Device Manager app allows
you to locate your lost devices from
another Android powered smartphone
or tablet and helps you keep your
personal data secured. For now, the
mobile version offers you to reset
your device’s screen lock PIN and
erase all your data on the phone.
The Android Device Manager app is
already available in the Google Play
Store

1 Like

Re: Monitor Your Stolen Android Device With ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER by EMERITUS85(m): 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
tell that to novice what if the theif flashes custom rom like slimbean and totally debrand the phone nko?

bro in terms of security give it to iphone and bb

but in terms of enjoyment versetility smartness and openword android wins.

2 Likes

Re: Monitor Your Stolen Android Device With ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER by Hotdiamond(m): 9:54pm On Dec 12, 2013
^^^^ totally agree with you there. Android should find a way to curb it's security issue.
Re: Monitor Your Stolen Android Device With ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER by ibrash600: 9:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
Wat of me wei dy change Rom every week nko... will it be traced through IMEI or wat?
Re: Monitor Your Stolen Android Device With ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER by Hotdiamond(m): 10:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
ibrash600: Wat of me wei dy change Rom every week nko... will it be traced through IMEI or wat?
I think it works via IMEI. I'm still googling on it.
Re: Monitor Your Stolen Android Device With ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER by celinbal: 8:20am On Dec 14, 2013
am usin tecno p3 n i am usin pattern screen lock on it,so i change d screen lock n wen i want to use my phone i av 4get d pattern dat i used,so i tried many patterns ,now my phone av block me 4rm doin anytin on it.it show dat if i want to unblock it dat i shld sign in with my google account n i av do so bt it doesnt open my phone pls help me out i jst bought last 3weeks.pls i nid reply fast
Re: Monitor Your Stolen Android Device With ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 14, 2013
EMERITUS85: tell that to novice what if the theif flashes custom rom like slimbean and totally debrand the phone nko?

bro in terms of security give it to iphone and bb

but in terms of enjoyment versetility smartness and openword android wins.
lol you funny o
@thief flashing custom ROMS
the thief must be a nairalander grin

1 Like

Re: Monitor Your Stolen Android Device With ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER by Pstsmith(m): 9:08am On Dec 14, 2013
Brainrex:
lol you funny o
@thief flashing custom ROMS
the thief must be a nairalander grin
lol

(1) (Reply)

The Newly Released HTC DESIRE 826: Everything You Need To Know / Tecno smartphones suitable for Ntel Affordable Data Plans In Nigeria / How Much Can I Get A London Used LG G4 In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.