Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,430 members, 7,864,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:50 AM

King Kanye Upset Over Receiving Only Two Grammy Nominations - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / King Kanye Upset Over Receiving Only Two Grammy Nominations (855 Views)

Battle Of The Fashion Icons- Superstar Rihanna Vs King Kanye West / 2013 Grammy Nominations: The Full List / Beyonce's Fourth Album Is Snubbed For Grammy Nominations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

King Kanye Upset Over Receiving Only Two Grammy Nominations by shizzlin: 9:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
You knew it was coming. Five days after the
Grammy nominations were announced, and Kanye West came in with just two, the rapper unloaded about his disappointing showing during his concert in Phoenix, Arizona, last night, insisting he would have rather gotten no nominations at all.

“Can I talk my sh*t again?” he asked the audience before launching into yet another epic rant.

“I’m 36-years-old and I have 21 Grammys,” he began.
“That’s the most Grammys of any 36-year-old. Out of all
those 21 Grammys, I’ve never won a Grammy against a
white artist. Now let’s bring it back to the Michael
Jackson days when he couldn’t get his video to be
played because he was ‘urban.’ So when the Grammy
nominations come out and ‘Yeezus’ is the top one or
two album on every single list, but only gets two
nominations from the Grammys.”

He asked, “What are they trying to say? Did they think
that I wouldn’t notice? Do they think that, someway, I
don’t have the power to completely diminish all of their
credibility at this moment?”

"And people come to me and congratulate me on those
two nominations. f**k those nominations!"

West has been making headlines this week with his mid-
show outbursts, including one in San Antonio in which he
told off a concert-goer for asking him to take off his
mask. She was promptly kicked out at his request.

“You can see my face on the Internet every
motherfucking day,” Kanye said. “I came here, I open up
a mountain…and you tryin’ to tell me how to give you my art….Do I look like a motherfucking comedian? Don’t
fucking heckle me. I’m Kanye motherfucking West.”

Source:radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/12/kanye-west-grammy-nominations-rant/
www.webpronews.com/kanye-west-upset-over-two-measly-grammy-noms-2013-12?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+webpronews%2Fall+(WebProNews%3A+Index+Feed)

Re: King Kanye Upset Over Receiving Only Two Grammy Nominations by JameyMaxwell(m): 10:57pm On Dec 12, 2013
Hold on, Ama let yhu finish but . . .
Re: King Kanye Upset Over Receiving Only Two Grammy Nominations by MsSpaqs(f): 11:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
He'll be lucky if he picks up any award
Re: King Kanye Upset Over Receiving Only Two Grammy Nominations by padeolu: 1:08am On Dec 13, 2013
I fvckkng hate this kanye dude
Re: King Kanye Upset Over Receiving Only Two Grammy Nominations by pfijacobs(m): 7:10am On Dec 13, 2013
singing in Chris Brown's voice; 'all dat bullshit's for d birds'....... ur relevance is repressing.. be innovative or u r gonna b d 37 yr old wif no Grammy. nominations... foolish black ewu. Dats wat illiteracy causes u.. u go insult Obama.. Chai make mi try am.. na for third mainland bridge den go use troway am for water.. I no say na Kim pussy dey cause am.... Chior!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

D’banj Set To Celebrate 10 Years On Stage…steps Out With Genevieve / NEXT RATED MODEL - Ediale Rosemary / Yemi Alade & Alex Ekubo Share A Sweet Kiss. Watch “tangerine” Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.