Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,621 members, 7,840,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

A Letter To The Protagonists Of Traditionalism ("our Tradition Will Not Die") - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Letter To The Protagonists Of Traditionalism ("our Tradition Will Not Die") (590 Views)

Finally! The Pope Agrees With Muslims “Jesus Did Not Die At The Cross” / TB Joshua Will Not Die But Will Suffer – Congolese Prophet / Islam’s Proof That Jesus Did Not Die On The Cross ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Letter To The Protagonists Of Traditionalism ("our Tradition Will Not Die") by Man4LordJesus: 11:52pm On Dec 12, 2013
A LETTER TO THE PROTAGONIST OF TRADITION
Dear Brothers and Sisters, Greatings to you all!
It is with serious concern and love that I have decided to write to all of you who advocates traditionalism (A school of thought that says, Let everybody keep to the Religion of the land). May you read this carefully as I am here to reason with you.
some of my lovely friends, MAYOWAAK, LogicBoy03, DeChiefPriest and co, I will be glad to meet you all here. ********

Now, let's take this tale as it will help us in this discussion and to relax our muscles:

My younger brother in their JSS3B was in their class and a new student was alocated into their class. The class went into argument over the girl whom they recognized to be a maid to a known sadist, Musa, the form master of JSS2A. Some were saying the girl is his daughter while others insisted that it is his maid and that she sleeps in the kitchen.

The argument went gradually from mere reasoning to exchange of words, to bitter cursing and insults till it rose to a point that there was a serious fight in the class when the tempo of the argument went so high which was brought to an abrupt end when a student notified the class that the girl was already in a coma.

Every effort to resuscitate her was almost proving abortive when a girl whose mother was a retired medical practitioner did the ‘magic’ that woke the girl up who just sat down staring at them. They were all wondering whether one of them beat the girl into coma or whether is it that the girl was “shamed” into coma.

But now the girl could not hold it anymore who started laughing again and was about fainting when one of the students (the same girl that did the ‘magic’ of resuscitating her) gave her a hot slap that rendered one of my brother’s ears just functioning intermittently for about four weeks (this reminds me of the saying, “What a man can do a woman can do it better”). It was then that it became obvious to them that the girl went into coma laughing and not because she was beaten by any.

When they inquired about the reasons for such laughter, the girl simply said, “I will have to change my class because I can’t endure to learn with fools, I mean just fools around me. Not even one person who could be wise enough to know that whether if actually I am a maid to Musa or her daughter, your forcing people to believe your argument or not wouldn’t change the fact!”.

“And come to think of it,” she continued “wouldn’t it be right for you to ask me before all this fuss! Anyway, In the first place, I am not her maid neither am I his daughter. I am the daughter of Lt. Col. Usman, an uncle to Musa. Even this I said may not be the truth and if you believe it or not, it cannot in anyway make it true or false. But at least, this is what my mother made me to believe just like everyone of you. And for those saying I sleep in the kitchen, you may permit me to say this: I love Musa but if I want him to sleep in the kitchen, he probably might have no option”.

Just in the tone she learnt from her father as her first issue and just as she would order her siblings she roared, “Now! All of you! Retire to your seats and bend down your head on your locker immediately! Eh! You! You that slapped me! Yeah! You! *the girl turned trembling thinking she was to slap her back* Anyway, I just want to say thank you! You saved a life! I will be willing to have you come with me while I call Musa to come and pick me. I think I am okay for today”. Off she goes with the girl.
Immediately she left the class everybody was looking so foolish and my brother could not help but run to our class in SS2A to narrate the story meticulously!And I learnt a lesson that if it is necessary at all to argue especially for an important thing like Religion which borders on eternity and eternal destiny where there is no reversal, we should argue with our ears open! And if one is criticized let such one don’t take it as an attack because your reaction (whether action or inaction) will never make your critic right or wrong.

In other words, if your faith is criticized you might as well laugh, weigh the criticism (for your own good), then if after the weighing you are convinced of your faith, suspend the criticism for the moment but don’t let it end there (this one is still for your good), then calmly lay day your proofs to your critic to convince him of how wrong he was and how terrible it may be for him if he dies in that condition (now this one is for his own good, therefore, no bitterness if he agrees or not)!

Anyway that is just a big lesson! Remember that many who argue with bitterness over issues and more especially that of religion just lack the understanding that they are arguing over an established reality - if one argues and win, maybe by wide margin, probably 550millionVotes against 7votes, he need not yet to celebrate for it would not change the eternal truth. Whether Christianity is criticized or Muslim, Deeper Life, Jehovah’s Witness, Catholic, Buddhism, Hinduism, Atheism, paganism, just name it, one should react according to the above. But this is dangerous for many have thrown caution in the wind not to search for truth!

But wait a minute! If the case of religion is that of money, believe me, few or none will end in eternal doom. Even without aid, many know it whenever they encounter counterfeit currency and yet because there is counterfeit none has ever vowed to end it with anything money complaining that “every money” is just counterfeit or rather do they say “every money” is money, they still know originals do exist and meticulously choose to get them and also know there are counterfeit which has the potency of emptying their pockets and probably getting them a death sentence on extreme cases!

I guess the truth is that we major in the minor and minor in the major! The power of money is limited to this life while that of religion is eternal! Oh that is dangerous, I feel like weeping! Very dangerous! More dangerous than the venom of a viper and the cave of a hungry lion! But how can I convince people of what lies ahead!

.................TBC.................
Re: A Letter To The Protagonists Of Traditionalism ("our Tradition Will Not Die") by Man4LordJesus: 11:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
Re: A Letter To The Protagonists Of Traditionalism ("our Tradition Will Not Die") by Man4LordJesus: 12:00am On Dec 13, 2013
Re: A Letter To The Protagonists Of Traditionalism ("our Tradition Will Not Die") by Man4LordJesus: 12:04am On Dec 13, 2013
Sal C: Yeah its ok now.

Thanks!
Re: A Letter To The Protagonists Of Traditionalism ("our Tradition Will Not Die") by SalC: 12:20am On Dec 13, 2013
Take a look at Rule 11 before you continue to avoid temporary ban

1 Like

Re: A Letter To The Protagonists Of Traditionalism ("our Tradition Will Not Die") by SalC: 7:29am On Dec 13, 2013
Yeah its ok now.

(1) (Reply)

9 Reasons I'm An Atheist. / Allah Is Zionist / Pennsylvania Mosque Leader In Jail For Attempting To Hack Off Man’s Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.