Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,556 members, 7,837,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Are YOU Living That Others Might LIVE - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are YOU Living That Others Might LIVE (428 Views)

Are You Living Your Dream? / Are You Living Or Existing. / What Are You Living For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are YOU Living That Others Might LIVE by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 13, 2013
MOD'S please help me do the needfull by placing this thread to where it can achieve the greatest IMPACT.

Waking up this morning and after doing the needfull as it requires of my faith...I launched my phone browser to do one thing- update my knowledge bank...
I got hooked and have since been pondering over some paragraph's of telegraph's interview with mandela's wife..

"Even though he was 95 and had done so much, there was so much that was still not done."

After the doctors had prepared Mr Mandela's body, President Jacob Zuma arrived, as did a group of soldiers to pick the body. "They saluted and marched upstairs and they came down so ceremoniously," said Mrs Madikizela-Mandela. "The whole thing was so official. It struck me then, he was gone and that was the last journey for him."

Asked how it was to see him lying in state, she replied. "Very painful. In our African tradition we don't display the departed. It's very hard for the family to even share him even in his death after sharing with the whole world and our whole country while he was alive. He's still not really just ours, the family, he still belongs to the whole world and we have to share."

I then remembered what a respected elder once said " When you live for others to live with the Grace made available to you,YOU don't die" I am sure this is a reflection of mandela's life.

Mandela is gone but you and I are still privileged to be breathing.........
My simple charge to all veiwing this thread is that " Are you consciously making positive daily efforts to LIVING beyond your TIME!!!.
As for me my mission is to serve others beginning from where I am...impacting the world one person at time.
Re: Are YOU Living That Others Might LIVE by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
NLDer's I believe u can comment to this positive thread till it makes the front page....I have seen a lot of funny threads on th fp and I wonder the criteria used for them making it to the front page...

(1) (Reply)

Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And A Happy New Year In Advance / JAMB Cut-off Marks For 2014/2015 Admissions Released / Survey: Would You Gamble #500 Naira?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.