Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,994 members, 7,810,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model (25151 Views)

Toks Toyota Corolla Sports 03 / Clean Toyota Corolla Sports 03 Tokunbo / Camry 03 - 06 (big For Nothing) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by Successbay: 12:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fans in the house,
Please which is better between Toyota Corolla Sport and a Toyota Corolla LE? AThanks in anticipation of your replies.
Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by Successbay: 12:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
Also help me clarify if there are significant differences between a 03 model or 06 model, so I dn't end up paying exorbitantly for car with same specs. Thanks
Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by Eyop: 12:39pm On Dec 13, 2013
Corolla Sports is like a full option corolla among all the trims available (CE,LE,Sports and XRS depending on the year of manufacture) Corolla sports is always more expensive than the LE version. Some LE doesn't come with an alloy wheel but it's standard on the Sports trim.

You can use the google search engine and check out the images for comparison with other year models but note that from 2003 to 2007 and some 2008 has same body but features differ.

But my advice is if you have the money and the environment you stay has good road you go for the sports edition because you will enjoy it but if you have bad roads,go for the LE. Reason is because the sports has some padded stuff around it and it's close to the ground level.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by Successbay: 2:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
Thanks at Evop...

This helps a lot, though still not decided on the year...
Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by muhtars61(m): 5:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
The year matters as well. the more recent the year of manufacture, the newer the car. which means toyota of 07 is newer than 03. Ofcourse one fact must be made clear. Always remember to look at the milleage covered. With regards to milleage 03 model with very low milleage, of say 70000 is preferable to 07 model with higher milleage coverage of say 180,000 or more. I was just in Cotonou parks yesterday 12/12/2013.

1 Like

Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by thegame(m): 5:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
Eyop: Corolla Sports is like a full option corolla among all the trims available (CE,LE,Sports and XRS depending on the year of manufacture) Corolla sports is always more expensive than the LE version. Some LE doesn't come with an alloy wheel but it's standard on the Sports trim.

You can use the google search engine and check out the images for comparison with other year models but note that from 2003 to 2007 and some 2008 has same body but features differ.

But my advice is if you have the money and the environment you stay has good road you go for the sports edition because you will enjoy it but if you have bad roads,go for the LE. Reason is because the sports has some padded stuff around it and it's close to the ground level.
chai, which kind reply is this? this is sooooo UNTRUE. corolla sports is never full option op. as a matter of fact, LE is a higher trim than sports and XRS, if available is always the highest option. (thats like the XLE v6 of camry). dont let anyone misfeed you, corolla sports isnt faster in any way. only the sideskirts, spoiler and padded fender and bumper makes it different. if that counts as full options to you, then accept it as full option. but know this, LE trim is higher than sports in terms of options. and XRS is the full option

4 Likes

Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by Eyop: 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
thegame:
chai, which kind reply is this? this is sooooo UNTRUE. corolla sports is never full option op. as a matter of fact, LE is a higher trim than sports and XRS, if available is always the highest option. (thats like the XLE v6 of camry). dont let anyone misfeed you, corolla sports isnt faster in any way. only the sideskirts, spoiler and padded fender and bumper makes it different. if that counts as full options to you, then accept it as full option. but know this, LE trim is higher than sports in terms of options. and XRS is the full option

What makes my statement Untrue? I said the Sports is like a full-option and NEVER said is a full option so don't quote me wrong. As for the XRS i stated it clearly that it depends on the year of manufacture so read my message again before you comment. Also alloy rims are never standard on the LE but it is on Sports and the drive pleasure is never the same because have driven both on 8hrs journey prior to making further research on both trims. If your choice is LE,just say it and not that you will mention that LE is higher than Sports which i disagree.

1 Like

Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by thegame(m): 6:53pm On Dec 13, 2013
Eyop:

What makes my statement Untrue? I said the Sports is like a full-option and NEVER said is a full option so don't quote me wrong. As for the XRS i stated it clearly that it depends on the year of manufacture so read my message again before you comment. Also alloy rims are never standard on the LE but it is on Sports and the drive pleasure is never the same because have driven both on 8hrs journey prior to making further research on both trims. If your choice is LE,just say it and not that you will mention that LE is higher than Sports which i disagree.

sorry i misquoted you. saying its like full options is still like saying its full options smiley
and No, my choice isn't LE but Sports, always Sports. And Yes, LE is still higher than sports. i can confidently tell you this. wink

1 Like

Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by Successbay: 12:22am On Dec 14, 2013
Thanks guys, ur comments are highly commendable.
Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by 3ace(m): 5:29am On Dec 14, 2013
Few cars have a heritage as long as
Toyota's popular compact sedan,
which dates back to 1966. The 2003
redesign of this front-wheel-drive
sedan was modest but meaningful.
Engine output increased by 5
horsepower, and a new, low-
restriction catalytic converter went
into the exhaust system. A higher hip
point was supposed to ease entry.
A high-performance XRS edition fitted
with a 170-hp four-cylinder rather
than the usual 130-hp engine has
joined the 2005 lineup. Three other
versions remain available: the value-
priced CE, upscale LE and sporty S.
Vehicle Stability Control is now
optional on LE and S models
equipped with the automatic
transmission.
Exterior
The Corolla rides a 102.4-inch
wheelbase and measures 178.3
inches long overall. Special design
touches for the sporty S version
include smoked headlights, fog
lamps, front and rear underbody
spoilers, and side rocker panels. An
option package for the S model
includes a rear spoiler and
aluminum-alloy wheels.
All Corollas except the XRS have 15-
inch tires. Michelin performance tires
ride 16-inch alloy wheels on the XRS,
which has a half-inch lower ride
height. Its sport-tuned suspension
includes higher-rate springs and
shocks, as well as a front strut tower
brace developed by Yamaha.
Interior
Up to five occupants fit inside the
Corolla, which features a 60/40-split
folding rear seat in all models but the
XRS. Cargo volume totals 13.6 cubic
feet.
Standard CE equipment includes air
conditioning with a clean-air filter,
power mirrors, a tilt steering column,
intermittent wipers, a tachometer, an
outside temperature gauge and a CD
stereo. The LE adds power windows
and locks, woodlike trim, remote
keyless entry and driver's seat height
adjustment. A unique cloth interior
goes into the sporty S sedan, which
features a leather-wrapped steering
wheel. Bolstered front seats in the
XRS are complemented by Optitron
gauges.
Under the Hood
In CE, S and LE Corollas, a 1.8-liter
four-cylinder generates 130 hp. Either
a five-speed-manual or four-speed-
automatic transmission can be
installed. The XRS is equipped with a
170-hp, 1.8-liter four-cylinder that
teams only with a six-speed-manual
gearbox.
Safety
Seat-mounted side-impact airbags
and side curtain-type airbags are
optional. Antilock brakes are optional
on all trims but the XRS, where they
are standard. Daytime running lights
are standard.
Driving Impressions
Despite its conservative styling and
comparatively high price, the Corolla
has long been one of the best
compacts on the market. It delivers a
satisfying blend of fuel economy,
refinement and reliability. Riding
smoothly, Corollas feel solid and are
confidence-inspiring.
Performance might not stir many
emotions, but the sedan is adequate
for ordinary driving. Acceleration is a
trifle slow from a start, but the
automatic-transmission model quickly
picks up the pace. The engine growls
a tad while accelerating, but it quiets
at highway speeds.
Even though the Corolla maneuvers
neatly in town and takes curves
acceptably, handling isn't quite as
precise as that of some other small
cars. The front seats are comfortable
and supportive. Backseat legroom
isn't quite as appealing.
Spirited performance makes the XRS
unlike the typical Corolla.
Acceleration is confident and the
manual gearbox shifts easily, though
clutch action makes it a bit difficult
to get smooth takeoffs. The ride is
less gentle than a regular Corolla's,
but it's not nearly as harsh as
expected; the suspension is
sufficiently compliant.
www.cars.com/toyota/corolla/2005/expert-reviews

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by Successbay: 3:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
@ 3ace, thanks for the expert reviews, but what sayest thou? Dn't want to get more confused..

Already narrowed my search down to the LE and Sport Version, from my previous advisers, I see they go with the Sport version, do you concurr with this?

Thanks.
Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 10, 2014
Toyota Corolla
LE = Luxury Edition basically you have power windows, door locks, cruise control, etc.
CE = Classic Edition NO power windows, door locks, cruise control, cd player, etc
S = Sport basically everything a LE has but it would have front and back bumper spoiler, side spoiler, a wing at the back of your trunk, fog lights, mudguards, black front grille, 16 inch wheels.

13 Likes

Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by Successbay: 10:05am On Oct 21, 2014
Thanks @Tumababa.
Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by DEGREE2466(m): 9:28am On Feb 28, 2019
tumababa:
Toyota Corolla
LE = Luxury Edition basically you have power windows, door locks, cruise control, etc.
CE = Classic Edition NO power windows, door locks, cruise control, cd player, etc
S = Sport basically everything a LE has but it would have front and back bumper spoiler, side spoiler, a wing at the back of your trunk, fog lights, mudguards, black front grille, 16 inch wheels.

I'm interested in this, can you throw more light
Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by DEGREE2466(m): 9:29am On Feb 28, 2019
Successbay:
Thanks @Tumababa.

Bro, which one did you later go for and how has the experience been
Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by Successbay: 6:31am On Mar 01, 2019
Went for Corolla Sports....

The experience has been awesome, 4 years now and counting... The only mechanical/electrical issue I have had to fix is on the gear...one of the solenoids got damaged...

DEGREE2466:

Bro, which one did you later go for and how has the experience been

4 Likes

Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by jossytech(m): 12:58am On Apr 01, 2019
Canada CE has keyless entry, power windows, door locks, cruise control, only woodlike trim not there, only american CE not have all those listed from your explanations

tumababa:
Toyota Corolla

1 Like

Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by Kidzcode: 11:02am On Nov 03, 2019
I totally agree with your the differences u stated with canada ce and American ce
Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by sheu01: 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2020
@ Success bay, Pls tell me d size of d tire, u are using for your corolla sport pls

1 Like

Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by macdee20(m): 3:33pm On Jan 16, 2020
@Successbay. It seems i'm in ur situation right now. I'm picking a car (my first ever car) very soon, and i'm still stuck with choice of Toyota Corolla - between the LE and the S (both 2005).

I've done all my research, buh still undecided. I'm going to use it in Abuja.

with ur experience so far, help me make a final conclusion. cry

P.S. I'm a Sports person, i love being versatile (having options) instead of sticking to a particular way/thing....dats why the S trim has been my default option, buh i see more of LE and i've been getting good feedback regarding it (the LE)

thanks, i'll be expecting ur reply.

2 Likes

Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by sheu01: 11:25pm On Jan 25, 2020
Successbay ... Come online and respond ooo @ Macdee20, I was in your shoe b4 but I go for sport as well and d car is still in America and will arrive Nigeria 16th Feb, 2020

1 Like

Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by sheu01: 11:27pm On Jan 25, 2020
This is d sport I got but its 2006 model

1 Like

Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by Samconcepts(m): 9:43am On Mar 14, 2020
Sheu01 please like how long did it take for your corolla to arrive Nigeria and how much did it go for?

Am thinking of going for the LE 2005 but the guy in US is saying it will cost around 2m plus shipping and clearing. I think that's too much
Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by sheu01: 5:13pm On Apr 07, 2020
Samconcepts:
Sheu01 please like how long did it take for your corolla to arrive Nigeria and how much did it go for?

Am thinking of going for the LE 2005 but the guy in US is saying it will cost around 2m plus shipping and clearing. I think that's too much

Sorry for delay, it depends on d condition of d car, mine 2006 corolla have 87k mileage and that's d actual mileage, it cost me around 2.1M, wen d car arrived, have been using it without changing anything yet, no work to b done on d car, the oil inside d car was very neat, thou I will change d oil after using it for sometime. You can go for CE, its very cheap clean title as around 1.7-1.8M direct. I bidded mine from copart and I bought it that amount cos its for personal use and I didn't regret that I bought it that amt. Very clean and everything is intact. My 2.1M including customs duty
Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by sheu01: 5:15pm On Apr 07, 2020
Samconcepts:

3 weeks via RORO, if you go for accidental car, it would be lesser but don't buy front collision. You can be lucky to see d one with minor scratched and it will be lesser.
Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by jamesmor: 7:50pm On Apr 12, 2020
.i just sold my Honda Civic in replacement for a Corolla S,2005 or 2006.
Pls, how much does a direct tokunbo GRADE A goes for each models??
Pls house I need ur urgent reply
Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by jamesmor: 7:53pm On Apr 12, 2020
@sheu01,
Pls how much does a Corolla S, 2005 nd 2006 goes for??(direct tokunbo).
Pls I need ur urgent reply.thks
Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by jamesmor: 7:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
.i just sold my Honda Civic in replacement for a Corolla S,2005 or 2006.
Pls, how much does a direct tokunbo GRADE A goes for each models??
Pls house I need ur urgent reply
Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by scofieldokpara(m): 6:50am On Apr 25, 2020

1 Like

Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by sheu01: 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2020
jamesmor:
@sheu01,
Pls how much does a Corolla S, 2005 nd 2006 goes for??(direct tokunbo).
Pls I need ur urgent reply.thks
Toyota corolla is more expensive now and clean title are very scarce in USA, especially on Copart, if u see clean title just budget 2.1M including customs, u may have luck to get lesser one and it also depend on mileage, u can see clean title with mileage of 200,100 miles but will b lesser than clean title of less than 100k miles.

1 Like

Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by Successbay: 3:50pm On May 09, 2020
Good afternoon, sorry I have been away a long time and just revisiting my Nairaland page after several months..
I eventually settled for a Corolla Sports 2007 model, bought directly from the USA.

The car has been 5 years plus now and it's still serving me... Very durable car I must say... I haven't even repainted the vehicle. Sure you should have gotten your ride now.. sorry for the delay in reply...
macdee20:
@Successbay. It seems i'm in ur situation right now. I'm picking a car (my first ever car) very soon, and i'm still stuck with choice of Toyota Corolla - between the LE and the S (both 2005).

I've done all my research, buh still undecided. I'm going to use it in Abuja.

with ur experience so far, help me make a final conclusion. cry

P.S. I'm a Sports person, i love being versatile (having options) instead of sticking to a particular way/thing....dats why the S trim has been my default option, buh i see more of LE and i've been getting good feedback regarding it (the LE)

thanks, i'll be expecting ur reply.
Re: Corolla LE Vs Corolla Sports 03/06 Model by Successbay: 3:53pm On May 09, 2020
I didn't raise my car, neither did I change the spec of tyres that came with the car. I have always replaced with the manufacturer's specifications.. 195/65/15

Sorry about the delay in replying..been away a long time.

sheu01:
@ Success bay, Pls tell me d size of d tire, u are using for your corolla sport pls

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sell your car in a few clicks with CarXus.com - the #1 online car trade website! / Fhemmmy Presents You A 2002 Toyota Avalon XLS Loaded **only 1.4M Naira** / Tokunbo Toyota Highlanders (2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 Models) Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.