Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,300 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Need Your Advice Urgently - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Need Your Advice Urgently (794 Views)

I Got A Job Recently.need Your Advice Urgently / Your Advice: Lecturing Or Banking Job. / I Need Your Candid Advice Urgently. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Your Advice Urgently by busuyem: 7:01pm On Dec 13, 2013
I'm part of the NYSC Batch B that passed out this year? Meanwhile when I was serving in Enugu state, I applied 4 my masters program in UNN which fortunately granted me admission but yet to resume due to ASUU strike. Now, I was just given an appointment in Ekiti state. Which one should I quit now?
Re: Need Your Advice Urgently by Xtaceeey: 8:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
Wats d essence of a masters?
2av an edge in gettin a job in ds hard labor market, or to boost ur position/career further in d office dereby increasin ur salary etc. Now u av gotten a job, if d job package is good, go 4 it, masters can b done anytime, derz no rush 2it, u cud do a part-time nw dat ur workin. I bliv u took d UNN form cuz u wia unsure of gettin a job immediately afta nysc.

Ma litu advice " go 4d job, do d masters later along d line, u cud do it smwia else nd not UNN..

Ur stil open 2oda suggestions anyways, u dnt av 2 accept mine.
Goodluck
Re: Need Your Advice Urgently by busuyem: 11:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
Xtaceeey: Wats d essence of a masters?
2av an edge in gettin a job in ds hard labor market, or to boost ur position/career further in d office dereby increasin ur salary etc. Now u av gotten a job, if d job package is good, go 4 it, masters can b done anytime, derz no rush 2it, u cud do a part-time nw dat ur workin. I bliv u took d UNN form cuz u wia unsure of gettin a job immediately afta nysc.

Ma litu advice " go 4d job, do d masters later along d line, u cud do it smwia else nd not UNN..

Ur stil open 2oda suggestions anyways, u dnt av 2 accept mine.
Goodluck

Thanks very much but the pay is 40k +. Is it adviceable to pick?
Re: Need Your Advice Urgently by olasclef(m): 11:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
With d pay, if its government job, kindly go for it. U may nt ave d opportunity wen u are tru with ur masters. A bird in hand... With d pay, if its government job, kindly go for it. U may nt ave d opportunity wen u are tru with ur masters. A bird in hand... With d pay, if its government job, kindly go for it. U may nt ave d opportunity wen u are tru with ur masters. A bird in hand...
Re: Need Your Advice Urgently by papydan(m): 11:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
take d job offer like dat.master can go wit it.
Re: Need Your Advice Urgently by busuyem: 11:26am On Dec 14, 2013
I really appreciate all of u 4 ur wonderful contributions. I thought of the same thing too if not somebody that said I might not be offered my desired course again if reapplied 4 the masters in another school, considering the fact that I studied Education/Maths in first degree and I had always wanted to study MSc. Maths in second degree. He even said I was given that admission because I graduated frm UNN, and that if not, no institution would accept me for MSc. Maths directly without pgd, even with my 2-1. That's what raised different thoughts in me.
Re: Need Your Advice Urgently by fellymoore: 11:50am On Dec 14, 2013
Pls proceed with ur msc if u have resources to do it.you got future.dont be afraid of lack of job in naija.you dont know where your destine and it is not in anybody,s to determine ur destine.bag ur msc now you have the opportunity.u are still young and the sky will not be ur limit.your own job will come after ur msc.
Re: Need Your Advice Urgently by busuyem: 7:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
fellymoore: Pls proceed with ur msc if u have resources to do it.you got future.dont be afraid of lack of job in naija.you dont know where your destine and it is not in anybody,s to determine ur destine.bag ur msc now you have the opportunity.u are still young and the sky will not be ur limit.your own job will come after ur msc.

Thank u too. God must just grant me the boldness to take the right decision. That's what I think now.
Re: Need Your Advice Urgently by bakingsoda: 8:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
i had a job of less than 40k and i fared very ok. with that amount you can fare well in ekiti. i would advice you go for the job, and do it for sometime. you have a very good grade, you can seek for masters program abroad, you can get to choose from different options of programs unlike Nigerian Universities with limitations. i hope you understand what i am trying to say. put all before God

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice Urgently by busuyem: 6:58am On Dec 15, 2013
bakingsoda: i had a job of less than 40k in ilorin while i was running my pgd program and i fared very ok. with that amount you can fare well in ekiti. i would advice you go for the job, and do it for sometime. you have a very good grade, you can seek for masters program abroad, you can get to choose from different options of programs unlike Nigerian Universities with limitations. i hope you understand what i am trying to say. put all before God and goodluck

Thanks very much.

(1) (Reply)

Front Desk Officer Urgently Needed / Urgent Vacancies / UACN Online Test - Awka, Anambra State, Lets Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.