Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,602 members, 7,823,618 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Picture :Customs Toll Gate (Ajaokuta) Matters Arising - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture :Customs Toll Gate (Ajaokuta) Matters Arising (1062 Views)

Why Ajaokuta Steel Company Won’t Function Immediately – Minister / Okonjo-iweala Connived With World Bank, IMF To Write Off Ajaokuta Steel Company / Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture :Customs Toll Gate (Ajaokuta) Matters Arising by ochejoseph(m): 7:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
The Lokoja -Ajaokuta - Itobe Road is one of the most important Roads in Nigeria,apart from the fact that it leads Road users to the Itobe Bridge which leads travellers across the mixed confluence waters of rivers Niger and Benue, it is also the Major Link between the Northern part of the Country and the South.

Due to the movements of heavy duty vehicles and neglect by past administrations the Ajaokuta - Itobe Axis is almost nearly un-motorable during the rainy season .
The intervention by the Jonathan administration has transformed the axis into a construction zone further slowing down the speed at which vehicles move .
The Nigerian Customs Service whose primary Duty on Roads is to track smugglers and Economic Saboteurs has taken advantage of this situation hounding travellers , impounding their vehicles and extorting Huge sums of Money from them.
Travelling Families who could not afford to pay on the spot are given a map to trace the nearest ATM or terminate the Journey at the customs office in Lokoja .

On Wednesday,11th of Dec these Gang of Customs Officers ,without Name tags or Proper Uniforms continued their extortion spree stopping Vehicles at will and demanding all sorts of Irrelevant Papers, even those with complete Customs papers were told the papers were fake and asked to ''settle" to Dr Eze and his Family that wednesday was a day they will forever live to remember.
Travelling with His Wife and One month old Baby he was asked to produce =N= 30,000 or have his vehicle impounded,such is the impunity that exist on that road that.
The Customs Authorities and the ministry of Finance must bring an end to this reign of impunity.
Officers on duty should be Compelled wear Full uniforms with Name Tags ,and unless the service do something drastic with respect to the conduct of their officers in the next few days there might be blood shed along that Road as we approach christmas .

Oche Joseph
Abuja Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Picture :Customs Toll Gate (Ajaokuta) Matters Arising by Sloan: 8:05pm On Dec 13, 2013
ochejoseph: The Lokoja -Ajaokuta - Itobe Road is one of the most important Roads in Nigeria,apart from the fact that it leads Road users to the Itobe Bridge which leads travellers across the mixed confluence waters of rivers Niger and Benue, it is also the Major Link between the Northern part of the Country and the South.

Due to the movements of heavy duty vehicles and neglect by past administrations the Ajaokuta - Itobe Axis is almost nearly un-motorable during the rainy season .
The intervention by the Jonathan administration has transformed the axis into a construction zone further slowing down the speed at which vehicles move .
The Nigerian Customs Service whose primary Duty on Roads is to track smugglers and Economic Saboteurs has taken advantage of this situation hounding travellers , impounding their vehicles and extorting Huge sums of Money from them.
Travelling Families who could not afford to pay on the spot are given a map to trace the nearest ATM or terminate the Journey at the customs office in Lokoja .

On Wednesday,11th of Dec these Gang of Customs Officers ,without Name tags or Proper Uniforms continued their extortion spree stopping Vehicles at will and demanding all sorts of Irrelevant Papers, even those with complete Customs papers were told the papers were fake and asked to ''settle" to Dr Eze and his Family that wednesday was a day they will forever live to remember.
Travelling with His Wife and One month old Baby he was asked to produce =N= 30,000 or have his vehicle impounded,such is the impunity that exist on that road that.
The Customs Authorities and the ministry of Finance must bring an end to this reign of impunity.
Officers on duty should be Compelled wear Full uniforms with Name Tags ,and unless the service do something drastic with respect to the conduct of their officers in the next few days there might be blood shed along that Road as we approach christmas .

Oche Joseph
Abuja Nigeria

Are you not the same xenophobic ocejoseph the defender of the retardeenic GEJ government? Are you mad ni or stupid for posting this kind of topic >> ? Is customs not the same one under the supervision and powers of your oga? I think some of the screws in your brain have blown lose! Better delete this useless topic! "Dr. Ezee ko", niger bridge ni!

2 Likes

Re: Picture :Customs Toll Gate (Ajaokuta) Matters Arising by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sloan:

Are you not the same xenophobic ocejoseph the defender of the retardeenic GEJ government? Are you mad ni or stupid for posting this kind of topic >> ? Is customs not the same one under the supervision and powers of your oga? I think some of the screws in your brain have blown lose! Better delete this useless topic! "Dr. Ezee ko", niger bridge ni!
Nothing they won't blame GEJ for, so GEJ is now custom boss?
When they say employ based on merit, some jobless ppl wud say they re practising quota/federal character system, when GEJ sacks dz useless ppl from custom and puts in the competent one all off a sudden u wud start hearing that GEJ is sacking our ppl and putting his ppl... MUMU
Re: Picture :Customs Toll Gate (Ajaokuta) Matters Arising by Sloan: 8:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
lygn19:
Nothing they won't blame GEJ for, so GEJ is now custom boss?
When they say employ based on merit, some jobless ppl wud say they re practising quota/federal character system, when GEJ sacks dz useless ppl from custom and puts in the competent one all off a sudden u wud start hearing that GEJ is sacking our ppl and putting his ppl... MUMU

The only mumu is retardeen GEJ and you who don't know that Customs, their success and failure is the responsibility of their retardeenic oga! BTW, don't quote me again or sanponna will strike you dead!
Re: Picture :Customs Toll Gate (Ajaokuta) Matters Arising by ochejoseph(m): 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sloan:

Ordinarily I would not have responded to you but for the Fact that Many people will. Read this thread and may be take your word as facts

Must we blame GEJ for everything ,What I am doing is fulfilling my duty as a citizen of Nigeria ,reporting any activity that will bring untold hardship to fellow citizens and the Nation to disrepute is a civic responsibility.

I am not a hypocrite like the e-rats, e-lizards and the e-leeches on Nairaland who lack the ability to objectively respond to a topic .

No president ,I repeat ,No president has done as much as GEJ is doing despite the Manufactured bokoharam that has compelled him to spend a huge chunk of the budget on security .
The man will Succeed ,and come 2014 all his enemies will have no choice but to surrender

GOD BLESS THE PRESIDENT

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Picture :Customs Toll Gate (Ajaokuta) Matters Arising by Sloan: 8:49pm On Dec 13, 2013
ochejoseph:
Ordinarily I would not have responded to you but for the Fact that Many people will. Read this thread and may be take your word as facts

Must we blame GEJ for everything ,What I am doing is fulfilling my duty as a citizen of Nigeria ,reporting any activity that will bring untold hardship to fellow citizens and the Nation to disrepute is a civic responsibility.

I am not a hypocrite like the e-rats, e-lizards and the e-leeches on Nairaland who lack the ability to objectively respond to a topic .

No president ,I repeat ,No president has done as much as GEJ is doing despite the Manufactured bokoharam that has compelled him to spend a huge chunk of the budget on security .
The man will Succeed ,and come 2014 all his enemies will have no choice but to surrender

GOD BLESS THE PRESIDENT

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

I think you must be really stupi.d to not see that the same retardeen GEJ who is in charge of the custom and who you support is the same you are complaining about his employees! If you had enough brain, you'd go to Aso Rock to go and lick his arse!
Re: Picture :Customs Toll Gate (Ajaokuta) Matters Arising by Acidosis(m): 9:16pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sloan:

I think you must be really stupi.d to not see that the same retardeen GEJ who is in charge of the custom and who you support is the same you are complaining about his employees! If you had enough brain, you'd go to Aso Rock to go and lick his arse!

oga, you need to check your B.P o

Mind you, don't forget to call your "people" in customs to order.. They should repent and stop the fraudulent businesses. I'm sure there are people from your village working for the Nigerian Customs. Hold a meeting and warn them...

At the end, bad boys would only waste the lives of these crooks in uniform if they fail to repent..

and guess what? GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN go collect December Salary cheesy cheesy
Re: Picture :Customs Toll Gate (Ajaokuta) Matters Arising by finaly01: 10:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sloan:

Mehhhn! you have a serious mental case, abeg try yaba

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi Is Gay! : 8) / Anti-african Racism - Nigerians Should Protect Their Home, Not Check Out / Become A Transformation Ambassadors Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.