Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Mikel: I Am More Concerned About Iran And Bosnia Than Argentina - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel: I Am More Concerned About Iran And Bosnia Than Argentina (542 Views)

Photos Of President Jonathan Watching Nigeria Vs Bosnia World Cup Game / Nigeria In The World-cup Group F With Argentina, Iran and Bosnia Herzegovina / Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel: I Am More Concerned About Iran And Bosnia Than Argentina by greatdonmikell: 3:15am On Dec 14, 2013
Mikel 2.JPG

Super Eagles player John Obi Mikel has stated that he is more concerned about the threat of Iran and Bosnia,rather than that of Argentina.

Nigeria was drawn in group F alongside Argentina,Iran and Bosnia Herzegovina for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

The Chelsea midfielder said that Nigeria should be careful about what the perceived underdogs can do,as they could be out to prove a point,adding that the games against Iran and Bosnia could be tougher than that of Argentina.

“It was a good draw but not an easy one. All the teams at the World Cup have same dream and that is to win. We will take all the games as they come with all seriousness. We will go for victory in the opening game against Iran; the first game is always very important in such a competition. Then, we do so for the other games. I am sure we will progress from the group,” Mikel was quoted as saying on MTNfootball.com.

“Argentina are favourites but Iran and Bosnia may be tougher. We will face all of them with seriousness and the zeal to win.”

Mikel will be making his first appearance at a FIFA World Cup tournament,having missed the last one in South Africa 2010 due to an injury.

“I’m looking forward to Brazil with great expectation. It will be a great and fruitful tournament for us, looking at our team right now we are good enough to do well in Brazil,” he said.

“I want my nation to do well as a team and I also want to do well as a player.

“We did our best at the FIFA Confederations Cup (in spite of the poor results), but the World Cup is a different tournament. We want to go back there and finish the business in Brazil.”
Re: Mikel: I Am More Concerned About Iran And Bosnia Than Argentina by papannamdi1(m): 6:48am On Dec 14, 2013
ayamu coming biko
Re: Mikel: I Am More Concerned About Iran And Bosnia Than Argentina by bionicdude(m): 6:54am On Dec 14, 2013
he is right,that's the mistake they made at d last world cup.hopefully they will correct it dis time around,they should have qualified before they meet argentina.toping the group will just be the icing on the cake
Re: Mikel: I Am More Concerned About Iran And Bosnia Than Argentina by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 14, 2013
No team is push overs this time. Football is not mathematics. Even Argentina may find it difficult to qualify.
Re: Mikel: I Am More Concerned About Iran And Bosnia Than Argentina by greatdonmikell: 11:05am On Dec 14, 2013
We should end d group with 6 or 7 points
Re: Mikel: I Am More Concerned About Iran And Bosnia Than Argentina by ksam(m): 11:39am On Dec 14, 2013
I once predicted that nigeria will meet argentina in the world cup,am also predicting now that Nigeria will top the group
Re: Mikel: I Am More Concerned About Iran And Bosnia Than Argentina by greatdonmikell: 3:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
ksam: I once predicted that nigeria will meet argentina in the world cup,am also predicting now that Nigeria will top the group
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Emenike Named Among Top 100 World Footballers / Chelsea Fan Gets Mikel Tattoo After Rare Goal / Which 'One' do you support?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.