Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,220 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike (11693 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: ASUU Calls Off Strike / BREAKING News~ASUU Calls Off Strike. / ASUU Calls Off Strike Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by dvmwizzy(m): 7:20am On Dec 15, 2013
React 4 wat...notin seams 2 change
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by babesmiley(f): 8:04am On Dec 15, 2013
I go vex oh.bad biz 4 me.I don't know what came over me but I just made up my mind that nobody wud put my life at a standstill.no be by force to be graduate before u make it.I have been utilizing this ASUU strike to make cool money.I didn't waste a second.I started buying and selling wit my remnant pocket money.now I don float salon.who wan manage am wen am away.people are not so reliable this days.even wen am there sef .them de try cheat me
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by Justeenaleo(f): 8:07am On Dec 15, 2013
Tommybob: I ll officially announce the beginin of the student's strike nd state our demands which goes does:..

.........Breaking News.......!!!!!
NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY
STUDENTS
TO EMBARKS ON
INDEFINATE
STRIKE.
It has been observed that
ASUU
is
on the verge of
ending its 6 months old
strike.
Consequently, The
Association of Nigerian
University
Students (ANUS) will
embark on
its strike immediately
after ASUU
calls off. Our strike will not
be
suspended until the
following NEEDS are met.
1.Accomodatn FEE: our
expired
acomodatn
fee must be paid
by either ASUU or FG.
2.PREGNANCY: Most female
students
are about to put
to bed,ASUU must vow to
take
responsibility of the unborn
babies.
3.ALLOWANCES: Students
get
allowances from their
parents if they were in
school,
they
hav been denied
this because of the strike.
The 6
months allowance arrears
must
be paid.
4.TRANSPORT FARE: Our
fare from
home to school
must be paid.
5.MEGABITE: Most students
hav
wasted their MB
going online for update abt
the
strike, the money for
data must be paid.
6.EXPIRED BEVERAGES: Our
expired beverages like milk,
spag,milo, etc must be
replaced
with new
ones.
If our demands are not
met, we
won't
resume!!!!!!!!
Association of Nigerian University Students?? ANUS!! Really Lmfao
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by Yemlizzy(f): 8:29am On Dec 15, 2013
De-Hero:

The strike isn't affecting u... at least u still sabi grammar.

Lol is that an issue? It pained me though but can't do anything about it and the grammar aspect is just so inborn.No vex oo.

2 Likes

Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by people3: 8:43am On Dec 15, 2013
calling off d strike is long overdue since 5months. The yr is already @its end bye 2013 hopng to graduate next yr as an Engr..ASUU is a destiny waster rubbish ASUU... notin, if d strike is calloff...ASUU shuld be scrapped
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by 01mcfadden(m): 8:45am On Dec 15, 2013
Do i look like i will care?
I know the kinda of look my landlord would greet me with when i resume. undecided
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by bucacino(m): 9:22am On Dec 15, 2013
Justeenaleo:
Association of Nigerian University Students?? ANUS!! Really Lmfao
Still patiently waiting for your email tho
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by Sike(m): 10:15am On Dec 15, 2013
How to tackle my Landlord when i get back to school.
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by Whizkeey(m): 10:28am On Dec 15, 2013
I'll be like ok dey call off d strike
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by clerkent(m): 11:01am On Dec 15, 2013
wow im in plane nw xo if they cal it off i wil wind down the side mirror and jump down.*overexcited ke*.
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by roland2rule(m): 11:03am On Dec 15, 2013
KO KAN AYE MO
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by KingsleyBuubba(m): 11:13am On Dec 15, 2013
I want to congratulate ASUU. I hope they would stop selling textbooks nd handouts, especialy all those 5pages =1k handout. Now dat FG have agreed to some of their terms I beliv surting wil reduce nd reserch would increase. They should call off let's go back to skul cos am tired mennnn

1 Like

Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by Spencer63(m): 11:17am On Dec 15, 2013
skipo smith007: i tell u bro, dat spencer na loaf..we talking ASUU, his talking FTC...mtchew idiat
lolzzzz.... is it killing you that you aren't the first to comment.... why are you taking it personal now.. bro please get a life and free mine.
last bullet... if u know that one day you will like to be the FTC go and like my post and stop hating

1 Like

Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by choppu: 12:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
There's nothing to be happy about, this is simply because av lost nearly 6mths of my life waiting for ASUU/FG. So I'll see it as one those regular news. Whether they call it off or not, it won't change d fact that schools/academic activities with take off nxt year.
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by Bome01(m): 12:41pm On Dec 15, 2013
Like nothing significant happened!
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by Rottenegg1: 1:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
I will baff with my clothes on...
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by deavicky(m): 1:06pm On Dec 15, 2013
i will be very angry
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by benstar9043: 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
Will jux call my landlord and tel him dat hope he kno'z I waz outta my houz for 6mnthz, so am bk2cntinue wiv my 6mnthz

1 Like

Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by GentleFrank(m): 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2013
Students will be happy of course !
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by Bonga4: 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
I am not sure that many people will be overjoyed, especially poor students that have been stuck at home for all these months. Fatigue has set in and they are now all fed up. These people should consider students and how their future is being affected after all, most of the so called government functionaries have sent their children abroad to study so their kids are not the ones suffering.
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by ayeniyemi: 6:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
Well, may I make a comment on this. For a long time, I have been wondering what I would and should say if this question were to come up. Truth be told, this nation can not continue with the status quo, but whether the ASUU strike can achieve the change that is desired is another question entirely.

In terms of resolution, I think ASUU has tried; but I do not think there is any point negotiating with someone who has renegotiated, cancelled, or disregarded the terms of your agreement for a long time. I seriously doubt if any government has honoured the terms of its agreement with ASUU. For a bunch of doctors (by virtue of holding a PhD) and professors that have sacrificed (be it as small as it may be) for tomorrow's leaders to have a brighter tomorrow, that can be very frustrating. You may say all you want about your lecturers: the sale of handouts, the sexual harassments, sale of marks, lack of personal research..., the truth is, you would hardly do better than them if you were a bright mind with a bright future (at least as at when you took on the lecturing job) earning a salary after 15 years in service (and maybe now a professor) that is only comparable to the first salaries of most of the good/bright students you tutor.

As a people, if you want good education, we have to pay for it, whether it’s through the government, or through our private pockets! The truth is, we have not paid for good education, not as a people, not as a government, and certainly not as a society. If Nigeria were to move forward, we have to define the minimum and basic skills that tomorrow’s leaders have to possess!

Really, option B is for ASUU to call off the strike and let all students go back to school. Let me tell you what may happen though: (and by Gods grace, I hope it will not happen to most of you) you will go out of school, graduate, earn a degree, but the society will label you as "Unemployable" (because your schools are not funded to produce otherwise) and the same people who called your lecturers and ASUU names will be the ones telling you that in their days, students were more employable, they were better; smarter, more hardworking, and more…. and that students were more studious; as if they were not the ones that gave you this shabby education you have in the first place! Should that happen, it would be too late for you to change. Even if you pass aptitude tests, you will not be called in because the employer has an option of a 21 year old girl or boy that finished from a private school or came home from abroad. And the trend is, the number of people in the latter group is increasing.

I work for an institution where nearly half of the work force used to be Ife students. Unilag was another majority. Now, what you see is Covenant, Babcock, and students from abroad. If your parents can not afford to send you to a private school, let me tell you what will happen to you: You will not work in the best places except you are exceptionally good.

So my friends, I do not delude myself into thinking that the government can provide free, high-quality education for all (especially not at the tertiary level), but at least, we can afford an educational system that affords our bright minds from average and humble homes a chance not to be tagged "Unemployable".
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by Aksimple47(m): 7:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
BREAKING NEWS: The strike is off,bt activities resumed by jan 6 nxt yr
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by therealdeal: 7:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
IF ASUU CALLS OFF THE STRIKE I WILL DANCE SKELEWU ON TOP TRANSFORMER.
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by Gsak2020: 7:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
Hooo!

Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by Joshkeyz(m): 8:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
Danfodite: I will b so glad and make sure am d FTC
guy if u are frm udus na we go resume last o.
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by Teymanhenry(f): 10:06pm On Dec 15, 2013
who is this ASUUUSU
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by handsome86(m): 5:44am On Dec 16, 2013
Hi
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 16, 2013
D strike will linger till 2014. Coz there's no hope for the students this year.
Re: Reaction: When ASUU Calls Off Strike by Gooci(m): 10:39am On Dec 16, 2013
i beg oo.... shee ds ASUU na one state abi shhhe na one country de bear am?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Academy 66rc Loading / Just In: 2017 UTME: JAMB Introduces Remita To Ease Pin Purchase For Registration / What's The Highest Jamb Score U've Seen So Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.