Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Starting From 1999, Why Is Every Rivers State Governor UNNECESSAIRLY Ambitious? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Starting From 1999, Why Is Every Rivers State Governor UNNECESSAIRLY Ambitious? (739 Views)

Top 10 Most Ambitious Nigerian Women In Politics Today / Previous Presidential Election Result Data From 1999: Will Buhari Win this time? / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting From 1999, Why Is Every Rivers State Governor UNNECESSAIRLY Ambitious? by TRUTHTELA: 11:24am On Dec 14, 2013
It's everyone's constitutional right to vie for any office in Nigeria, however, I still don't understand, as soon as someone becomes Rivers state GOv. his next agenda is to BLINDLY pursue an executive post in the presidency, and these governors pursue their ambitions and the expense of rivers state resources and time.

While other governors will have and pursue moderate offices like going to the senate or getting ministerial appointments, but the rivers state gov. will be so DESPERATE about becoming the president or vp, as if their life depends on it.

What is it about Rivers state Governors?
Re: Starting From 1999, Why Is Every Rivers State Governor UNNECESSAIRLY Ambitious? by clip: 12:20pm On Dec 14, 2013
After Lagos ,Rivers State is next in terms of state wealth and that is what the governor controls.
If one acquire or steal enough money the next thing on the agenda is Power
Example, MKO,Harry Akande, Rocha Okorocha, Peter Odili.
The money Rivers State governor steal or acquire is too big for them to settle for anything less than President or Vice President.
Forgetting that without Rivers voting for them they will be nothing.
Can't they copy people like King Spiff. A good man and good name. He walks anywhere in both Rivers and Balyesa town without fear. Not like most of them that when they will enter the town,their PA and protocol people do not know cos of fear.
Re: Starting From 1999, Why Is Every Rivers State Governor UNNECESSAIRLY Ambitious? by Delafruita(m): 12:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
First,there's nothing like "unnecessary ambition".
Second,there have only been 2 governors in rivers since 1999
Third,I find it amusing that some ignorant fellows claim amaechi is campaigning for the position of vice-president.how is that even possible?
Re: Starting From 1999, Why Is Every Rivers State Governor UNNECESSAIRLY Ambitious? by hardywaltz(m): 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2013
Rivers State has had only 2 substansive Governors since 1999 so it can not be determined.
In my opinion the better question should have been?
Since 1999 why is Bayelsa State cursed with criminals as Governor.

(considering they have had 4 criminals as Governor)
Re: Starting From 1999, Why Is Every Rivers State Governor UNNECESSAIRLY Ambitious? by phantom(m): 1:08pm On Dec 14, 2013
hardywaltz: Rivers State has had only 2 substansive Governors since 1999 so it can not be determined.

this is a more sensible question.
Re: Starting From 1999, Why Is Every Rivers State Governor UNNECESSAIRLY Ambitious? by clip: 1:40pm On Dec 14, 2013
hardywaltz: Rivers State has had only 2 substansive Governors since 1999 so it can not be determined.

As much as I agree with you,I would have loved Ameachi to finish his laudable project. I love his zeal in the first term,if he had continue with the same zeal. No governor would have parallel success like him in this country .
He would have being a natural elder state man
Re: Starting From 1999, Why Is Every Rivers State Governor UNNECESSAIRLY Ambitious? by phantom(m): 1:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
clip:

As much as I agree with you,I would have loved Ameachi to finish his laudable project. I love his zeal in the first term,if he had continue with the same zeal. No governor would have parallel success like him in this country .
He would have being a natural elder state man
in as much as he has slowed down ( due to distractions from the oga at the top) projects are still going on.i ve not Had time but i ll find time to go around project sites and take pictures
Re: Starting From 1999, Why Is Every Rivers State Governor UNNECESSAIRLY Ambitious? by Tintinix: 2:43pm On Dec 14, 2013
Maybe so as to be immune from prosecution?!
Go ask Mr. Shamelessly Perpetual Injunction.
Re: Starting From 1999, Why Is Every Rivers State Governor UNNECESSAIRLY Ambitious? by ChinoElects: 3:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
Because of too much money to play with.. cheesy
Re: Starting From 1999, Why Is Every Rivers State Governor UNNECESSAIRLY Ambitious? by IleIfe2(m): 4:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
beacuse it was time to appease the south-south after OBJ. They always have information/money that others don't.

(1) (Reply)

Ex-CJN Writes Jonathan, Accuses President Of Unjustly Treating Justice Salami / , / Jonathan’s Wasteful Spending On Presidential Aircraft Fleet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.