Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,569 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

The Departed: Damon Or Dicaprio- - - --who Was Better? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Departed: Damon Or Dicaprio- - - --who Was Better? (985 Views)

Leonardo Dicaprio Finally Wins An Oscar / Dean Winchester Vs Damon Salvatore / Your Best Leonardo Dicaprio Movie So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Departed: Damon Or Dicaprio- - - --who Was Better? by doyin13(m): 9:54am On Jul 30, 2008
I know I am two years late, but I finally saw the Departed.

And yes, it was every bit as good as people said it was, if not better.

The performances were stunning, Wahlberg deserved his Oscar, and he has impressed
me for for a long time.

Nicholson showed why he is one of the greatest ever.

Even DiCaprio managed to impress me, for only the first time , and he got lots of nominations
for more than his pretty face.

But none of them impressed me as much as Damon. His is one of the most impressive performances
I have seen in ages. Almost flawless, natural. . . . ,  . . .Which is why I am surprised he was almost
invisible on the awards slate.

So what's your takewho was better?
Re: The Departed: Damon Or Dicaprio- - - --who Was Better? by Gamine(f): 10:44am On Jul 30, 2008
I loved this movie so much

the cast was brilliant!!

Wahlberg?? undecided, i like him though

but Dicrapio and Damon held the spot

For me, Dicrapio really impressed, he was amazing

this was his best movie so far.
Re: The Departed: Damon Or Dicaprio- - - --who Was Better? by ravenzord(m): 11:57am On Jul 30, 2008
I'd like 2 say Damon was better,but dt's because i'm a Dicaprio hater,both of'em were tyte sha,BUT I think Dicaprio had a better performance as a cry-baby,and we now d world loves an underdog. cool
Re: The Departed: Damon Or Dicaprio- - - --who Was Better? by iice(f): 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2008
Am not a big fan of Dicapucchino but i'd say he can act!
Damon oh Damon, i'm loving the direction his career is going kiss unlike affleck
So yeah Damon grin
Re: The Departed: Damon Or Dicaprio- - - --who Was Better? by timbabng(m): 8:36pm On Jul 30, 2008
The best acting in decades, i tell ya.
But i have to go with Damon, i just loved the way he told so much lies and they were so natural
Re: The Departed: Damon Or Dicaprio- - - --who Was Better? by dinozzo(m): 8:51pm On Jul 30, 2008
I thought Damon's acting was more solid
Re: The Departed: Damon Or Dicaprio- - - --who Was Better? by doyin13(m): 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2008
Has anyone seen the original Hong Kong production.?
Re: The Departed: Damon Or Dicaprio- - - --who Was Better? by crazylegs(m): 9:12am On Jul 31, 2008
Gamine:

I loved this movie so much

the cast was brilliant!!

Wahlberg?? undecided, i like him though

but Dicrapio and Damon held the spot

For me, Dicrapio really impressed, he was amazing

this was his best movie so far.

LOL. "Dicrapio." Men I wan die. Thought I was the only D-crappy-o hater. I like Matt Damon but Dicaprio also surprised me. His role was more complicated, blah blah blah. And he pulled through. I think he was better in the film. Damon is always OK.

But Wahlberg was the BEST. Still using some of his lines. Mad man!
Re: The Departed: Damon Or Dicaprio- - - --who Was Better? by Gamine(f): 10:27am On Jul 31, 2008
LOL.

I was exactly watching Damon, i knew he would own the role

my eyes were def on Dicrapio, who can be called Dicaprio now grin

Wahlberg, i liked that he finished up the whole thing, gave it a certain polish. tongue

@Doyin

i heard the hongkong version was CRAP.
Re: The Departed: Damon Or Dicaprio- - - --who Was Better? by doyin13(m): 11:10am On Jul 31, 2008
Wahlberg was good. . . .but I have seen him do better, notably in Boogie Nights.
think his role did not lend itself to subtlety and overacted in bits.

DiCaprio's role was always going to garner all the attention cause of the role he played.
I just could not forget this was still the pretty boy of Titanic. Some of his violent scenes were less than
convincing.

Damon was just class. I still can't get over the performance. It was so even keeled, so natural. He seemed
in character in all his scenes. . . . .

But I will tell you who prolly outdid both of them. . . .The lady. She was fabulous as well. Public Service Shrink.
Magical.

The film was fantastic
I
Re: The Departed: Damon Or Dicaprio- - - --who Was Better? by nuel007: 11:20am On Jul 31, 2008
doyin13:

Wahlberg was good. . . .but I have seen him do better, notably in Boogie Nights.
think his role did not lend itself to subtlety and overacted in bits.

DiCaprio's role was always going to garner all the attention cause of the role he played.
I just could not forget this was still the pretty boy of Titanic. Some of his violent scenes were less than
convincing.

Damon was just class. I still can't get over the performance. It was so even keeled, so natural. He seemed
in character in all his scenes. . . . .

But I will tell you who prolly outdid both of them. . . .The lady. She was fabulous as well. Public Service Shrink.
Magical.

The film was fantastic
I

Re: The Departed: Damon Or Dicaprio- - - --who Was Better? by KikiDixy(f): 11:35am On Jul 31, 2008
Jack Nicholson was brilliant. And I'm a big Dicaprio fan, so loved his take as well.Him and Damon played the opposite roles, Good gritty cop, versus Bad grunty cop, LOVED THEM both, and think they complimented each other, but Nicholson was my highlighted! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Reigning Superstars Of Twitter...and The 'top 5' / Sexy Majid Michel Endorses Juice Bigfellow From United States / Kerry Washington & Morgan Freeman To Host African Film Development Awards 2013!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.