Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight (1546 Views)

UPDATE: Boko Haram Is Presently Surrounding Yobe State Government House / Boko Haram Burns Residences Of Speaker Of Yobe State House Of Assembly / Update: Boko Haram Is Broke, FG Tightens Noose… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by bcomputer101: 1:19am On Dec 15, 2013
At least four people were killed and more than 100
houses burnt down on Saturday when members of the
Boko Haram, attacked Arboko village behind Gwoza hills
in Borno State.
The gunmen were said to have launched the attack
around 2:30 am on Saturday and overran the villages
before dawn. The village is said to be inhabited by a tiny
Christian minority.
Executive Director, Stefanos Foundation, Mr. Mark
Lipdo, said in a text message on Saturday that cries by
the villagers for help did not yield any fruit, until they
were completely overrun by the gunmen.
He said, “Reports just coming in now around 2:30 am
says Arboko community of Gwoza, Borno state is
presently under attack. Sources said houses are now on
fire. Villages behind Gwoza hills said their plea for
soldiers to protect them has not been heeded and these
majority Christian communities have continued to come
under attack”
He added, “Latest report says four people were killed
and over 100 houses burnt in the attack.”
When our correspondent contacted the Director,
Defence Information, Brig. Gen Chris Olukolade, he said
that he had not received a situation report on the attack
and would not be in a position to confirm and deny it.
“I have not got any situation report on the attack you
are talking about and would not be in a position to
confirm or deny,” he said.

Source: www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-burns-100-houses-in-borno/
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by IGBOSON1: 1:21am On Dec 15, 2013
If their intention is to take Borno back to the dark ages, they're sure going about it the right way!
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by POPEII: 1:22am On Dec 15, 2013
Arm and defend yourselves my brothers . sad embarassed cry
RIP to the deceased
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by Nobody: 2:19am On Dec 15, 2013
Bookko booiz have won this fight, it is obvious, our military can't match them, 4 christt sake, pls their state should be giving to them let's hv peace n calm the bloodshed, ibeg u FGN
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by Femolacaster(m): 6:59am On Dec 15, 2013
I think if this boko people are not getting support from Al-qaeda, Taliban and Al-shabaab, they would have been wiped off by military. May God save us all!
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by Mubby4luv(m): 7:13am On Dec 15, 2013
BRB
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by geeez: 7:27am On Dec 15, 2013
And the military just recruited another 5,890 soldiers

Could it be that they've been losing men at the war front?

This is simply a civil war from all indications.

RIP to the dead
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by liloelawwal(m): 7:29am On Dec 15, 2013
In Daddy showkey's voice ''some body tunle se some body daleru''
God save Nigeria
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by ObiOkpor(m): 7:36am On Dec 15, 2013
i wipe for my beloved country.RIP to the dead.
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by okosodo: 7:46am On Dec 15, 2013
Upon all the 98% of muslims in borno state , they are attacking the less than 2% christian settlements. Then some one will tell me that thay are not trying to wipe out christains in the north. Hausa muslims know what they are doing. Boko haram is an islamic group doing the will of islam 95% of the hausa muslims support it.
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by mike404(m): 8:27am On Dec 15, 2013
Obi Okpor: i wipe for my beloved country.RIP to the dead.
MURDERED
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by ZACHIE: 8:28am On Dec 15, 2013
Obi Okpor: i wipe for my beloved country.RIP .

Same here too, jare, my brother
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by Tsmooth1(m): 8:37am On Dec 15, 2013
okosodo: Upon all the 98% of muslims in borno state , they are attacking the less than 2% christian settlements. Then some one will tell me that thay are not trying to wipe out christains in the north. Hausa muslims know what they are doing. Boko haram is an islamic group doing the will of islam 95% of the hausa muslims support it.
Worlahi you be fool. Most the people carrying out this attack are Christians lemme tell you.

1 Like

Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by abubaka101: 8:44am On Dec 15, 2013
m
okosodo: Upon all the 98% of muslims in borno state , they are attacking the less than 2% christian settlements. Then some one will tell me that thay are not trying to wipe out christains in the north. Hausa muslims know what they are doing. Boko haram is an islamic group doing the will of islam 95% of the hausa muslims support it.
Look at this one!!!!
Boko Haram is not religious in anyway.... Ask yourself this,: if Boko Haram really is religious, why haven't they "visited" us in the South, where many of us are Christians?"
The height of your silliness is evident in your 2% Christian population talk. If only 2% of the entire population in Borno are Christians, wouldn't they all have been killed by now Aren't Hausa/Fulani and Kanuri Muslims the ones who have setup the "Civilian JTF", isn't dat something You ignorant folks will just like to show your nativity everywhere!!!!

1 Like

Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 15, 2013

Bokoharam is the millitia arm of APC whose agenda is to islamise Nigeria.
I pity christians who have been supporting APC blindly.
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by hakanai(m): 9:16am On Dec 15, 2013
abubaka101: m
Look at this one!!!!
Boko Haram is not religious in anyway.... Ask yourself this,: if Boko Haram really is religious, why haven't they "visited" us in the South, where many of us are Christians?"
The height of your silliness is evident in your 2% Christian population talk. If only 2% of the entire population in Borno are Christians, wouldn't they all have been killed by now Aren't Hausa/Fulani and Kanuri Muslims the ones who have setup the "Civilian JTF", isn't dat something You ignorant folks will just like to show your nativity everywhere!!!!

^^^You dey mind that daft bigot.Is the blind hate that comes with such silly bunch. If anything,where was he when they attack several mosque and homes in Benishiek ,destroying houses and killing over a hundred people. People must learn to encourage people to close ranks and deal with this madness than role the ethnic or religious card at every instance.The people will need to fight this along with the military. you bring sentiments and even the civilian JTF who fight to keep the peace could be split. Can the reporter also confirm if all homes destroyed were xtian. He said its a majority xtian neighborhood.Meaning Muslims exist in minority. Were they not affected?
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by Dlionsheart: 9:21am On Dec 15, 2013
The enemy of my enemy is my friend and the friend of my enemy is my enemy.
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by Olaolufred(m): 9:53am On Dec 15, 2013
emmydeep:

Bokoharam is the millitia arm of APC whose agenda is to islamise Nigeria.
I pity christians who have been supporting APC blindly.

And you with your zoologist are still having empty brain required to prosecute with evidence.

Shame on you.

I am a xtian.
I support a strong APC that will force PDP to giving a damn to our feelings.

1 Like

Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by fastguy10: 10:23am On Dec 15, 2013
Olaolufred:

And you with your zoologist are still having empty brain required to prosecute with evidence.

Shame on you.

I am a xtian.
I support a strong APC that will force PDP to giving a damn to our feelings.
Shut dat dirty gutter u call mouth u r nt a Christian
U r supporting evil abi?one day evil will reach ur place
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by IGBOSON1: 10:34am On Dec 15, 2013

^^^My feelings are that this is a political as well as religious cleansing! They're trying to change the demographics of the core north with future elections in mind! I fear for the indigenous Christians in the north, especially if this country breaks.....there would be pogroms and ethnic cleansing on an unimaginable scale. These people are pure unadulterated evil, and some people saw decades ago that we're incompatible with them......with different values and outlook in life, yet others said we should remain as a country inspite of their wickedness!

It's good to bear in mind that majority of core northern muslims have nothing to do with this evil, and are powerless to do much about it; rather it's a section of their elite (Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri/Nupe/etc) in concert with foreign jihadists that are stoking this conflagration! Their ultimate goal is power and control, and they're prepared to stop at nothing in achieving it!
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by AlikoDangote(m): 10:53am On Dec 15, 2013
The Voices of The Innocent women and children are crying out loud to God for help...

let thy know yeh Boko Haram that When the repercussion comes it will be very disastrous
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by walad4yhu(m): 11:36am On Dec 15, 2013
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by Olugbenger(m): 11:43am On Dec 15, 2013
pathetic! embarassed
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by hakanai(m): 12:06pm On Dec 15, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^My feelings are that this is a political as well as religious cleansing! They're trying to change the demographics of the core north with future elections in mind! I fear for the indigenous Christians in the north, especially if this country breaks.....there would be pogroms and ethnic cleansing on an unimaginable scale. These people are pure unadulterated evil, and some people saw decades ago that we're incompatible with them......with different values and outlook in life, yet others said we should remain as a country inspite of their wickedness!

It's good to bear in mind that majority of core northern muslims have nothing to do with this evil, and are powerless to do much about it; rather it's a section of their elite (Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri/Nupe/etc) in concert with foreign jihadists that are stoking this conflagration! Their ultimate goal is power and control, and they're prepared to stop at nothing in achieving it!

^^^ Do you exist in the hearts of men now? Abi they told you in a meeting you attended. This is the silly excuse that your sort and ethnocentric people like you spread that divides opinion and make people lose focus of issues at hand. Always politicizing issues and straining the bridges that bind. What is like wrong with your kind? So for the Muslims that have being attacked and killed for weeks now in Borno & Yobe are they going to vote against the north? or what is your silly excuse for them! You people are simply shameless hypocrites and damn evil than you want to be seen.
At first they were hiding them.They Muslims took action in the form of civilian JTF to show there true positions and sack the sect in there midst. They (Muslims) were killed in revenge for there actions and you simply say they deserve it. Not long ago the president requested an extension of emergency rule and he got it on the floor of both houses,thats talking of the elites.
Simply because some people believe a carrot and stick approach be applied does not in any way mean support for BH but people trying to proffer options to resolve the issues. People should learn to keep there stupid views and talk sensibly on public issues.
Last i checked the opposition was blamed.All but people who suck up to GEJ were spared from accusations of being BH sponsors.The truth is gradually coming out and every now and then facts show it is rather a cross boarder matter of global terror.Not internal as GEJ,PDP and Ltd. intend to make it look for acting the victim always.As we stand today Azazi,US and EU never shared the lies GEJ government feed certain people(secretly) in Nigeria for political gains.The government is truly divisive and your sort are its paid agent.
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
ZACHIE:

Same here too, jare, my brother

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by simpleseyi: 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2013
Who is the Commander-in-Chief of the armed/unarmed forces of the Fed Rep of Nigeria?

a. Shekau the Leader of BH
b. Dame imPatience Jonathan
c. Gudluck Jonathan.

Late Gen Andrew Azazi Owoye as the National Security Adviser with classified security information said PDP created Boko Haram, he was sacked for letting us know Jonathan is Boko Haram's founder and some months after, he, Andrew Azazi was killed together with Kaduna state's firtst christian governor.
Re: News Update: Boko Haram Burns 100 Houses In Borno Overnight by musiwa112: 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
boko haram are funny people.. it is only when boko haram attack abuja, that you will see the govt and politician change their position. when they see boko haram bring the war to their face. they will change position..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nasir El Ruffai After The Osun Elections / Are You Expecting Military To Drop A$15, 000 Bomb On Two People? –badeh / APC Writes Jonathan; Complains Of Asari Dokubo's Treat To Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.