Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier (4306 Views)

Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 / Nigeria Vs Algeria: CAF U23 Championship ( 0 - 0) On 5th December 2015 / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by whizkid(f): 11:39am On Sep 01, 2005
The world cup qualifier match between Nigeria and Algeria will hold on Sunday (not sure of the time yet). I am not looking forward to watching. As a matter of fact, I have given up on the Super eagles. I shall enjoy all the thrills and actions of the world cup, whether the Eagles qualify or not. grin

Do you know that Okocha won't be playing? He is nursing a knee injury he sustained last weekend when playing for his club side. Now, the big question! What happens to the other players who need Okocha to motivate them to play better? As if football is a one man game. Anyway Okocha has promised to sit on the bench, hope it is enough motivation for the players.

I still want to see the outcome of the match though; will they fumble and wobble their way to the world cup?

Any predictions?
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by abuguy64(m): 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2005
Hm..like you I have given up on the Super Eagles.Qualifying for the world cup-seems like an impossible dream!It can only happen if Angola looses one of its matches and Nigeria wins it too difficult away matches. Like every patriotic football loving Nigerian,I would love to see them qualify for the world cup.But as a realist,this seems very unlikely.The match against Algeria?I hope Nigeria wins by 2 goals to 0,but we may likely get away with a draw. Okocha's absence,it a big blow,I hope the team managers would introduce some fresh young blood into the team-this may help,as we do need a more agressive,and goal hungry, set of players to increase our chances
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by Greatpeter(m): 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2005
I'm also afraid of this match due to injury problems.
Okocha, yobo, Aghaowa, ola daniels(new invitee) Chidi Ordiah are all having injury.
though Yobo may play, Peter odewengie, Aiyegbeni are half fit.

So I predict a tough duel, but if we win even by a lone goal then we will likely make it to the world cup.
But I predict draw.
But I pray we win.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by timmy(m): 8:08pm On Sep 01, 2005
Let's be realistic here, we cannot win Algeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by Greatpeter(m): 12:52pm On Sep 02, 2005
And if we win?
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by Chxta(m): 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2005
Common sense dictates that we will win...
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by otokx(m): 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2005
we will not win because as always we are not adequately prepared.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by Chxta(m): 5:57pm On Sep 02, 2005
otokx:

we will not win because as always we are not adequately prepared.

Is that so? All other countries if memory serves me correct have had exactly the same amount of preparation as we have had because last weekend was club weekend. For the first time in a very long time, the SE camp was full on day 1 save Yobo and Martins, then Ogbuke and Obi, so which country are you talking about?
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by Chxta(m): 9:50am On Sep 03, 2005
Officials have told KICK OFF that both Mikel Obi and Chinedu Ogbuke have dropped out of Sunday's World Cup clash against Algeria in Oran.

"The coaches have said that both players need not join the team in Algeria again because they may most likely not fit into their plans as they did not train with the rest of the squad in Portugal," NFA technical committee chairman Sulaiman David told KICK OFF late on Friday.

It is believed that the Flying Eagles stars have been held back by entry visas back to their base in Norway.

They are now expected to fly out to Norway by the weekend.

Both players made their full international debut against Libya last month in a friendly in Tripoli and were expected to also be involved in the all-important qualifier against Algeria on Sunday.

Source
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by drbigdaddyg(m): 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2005
Ogbuike and Mikel can not drop if we have to follow the coach's instruction. He said that he has not ruled out any player on that cause. Problems Mikel and Ogbuike has are meant to befall any other person; imagine trying to settle the problems with their club at that point in time.

As for qualifying for world cup, I don't really know though I know Nigeria is winning Algeria.
The reason is because, I don't see why Angola can not win Gabon and Rwanda, unless they are not ambitious 'cos these teams(their opponents) will not perform more than the minimum if Angolans are serious.

As for the position of Okocha, is certain he is not going to play. But, somebody like Oruma can do good. He is an experienced player and is taken as a god in his former club(socheaux). He has skills just as Okocha has, and can handle the mid field properly. Let's not even mention Mikel Obi 'cos I am still under-rating him.

Our prayers now is for Angolans to either loose in atleast one of their remaining matches or draw one of them. Also, we shouldn't forget praying for Nigerians 'cos their two rivals are tough teams.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by Chxta(m): 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2005
Dynamo Kiev defensive midfield star Yusuf Ayila will start for the Super Eagles in Sunday’s World Cup crunch tie against Algeria in Oran.

This will be Ayila’s first start and second appearance for the Eagles after he made his debut as a late substitute against Gabon in Port Harcourt. He has been preferred to Wolves ace Seyi Olofinjana, who has struggled with his form for country of late.

The midfield will also parade Olympique Marseille ace Wilson Oruma, Christian Obodo and John Utaka, who has recovered in time to launch attacks for the Eagles from the right side of midfield.

While childhood friends Obafemi Martins and Ayodele Makinwa are expected to start the hunt for goals for the Eagles in this very crucial encounter.

There are no surprises in the Eagles defence though as the central defence pairing of Joseph Yobo and Joseph Enakarhire returns to be supported by goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama and fullbacks Taye Taiwo and Chidi Odiah.

Yobo will stand in as skipper as he did against Angola in Luanda last year.

The line up – ENYEAMA – ODIAH, TAYE TAIWO, YOBO (CAPT), ENAKARHIRE – UTAKA,AYINLA, ORUMA, OBODO – MARTINS, MAKINWA
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by Greatpeter(m): 3:07pm On Sep 04, 2005
What of PSV defender that opted to play for Nigeria, his name is Lamey, has a Nigerian mother and Dutch as father.
I read they invited him.
Is he in camp?
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by Chxta(m): 3:26pm On Sep 04, 2005
No he is not. He didn't have a Nigerian passport and trust bungling NFA not to think of that. They will arrange one for him before the next match. Let's hope it's not too late by then. I think he'll be good backup for Odiah.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by Greatpeter(m): 3:43pm On Sep 04, 2005
Shit! a big blow.
I want that guy to play for us.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by Saintjoe(m): 7:57pm On Sep 04, 2005
Hey guys forget that men.........cos Nigeria will win Algeria but it is going to be a tough match. But how sad jay jay won't be playing, am still happy that he is going to be on the bench. I am praying for Nigeria now seriously. Let the God of soccer come and be with them, in oran. i predict the score is going to be 2-1 in favour of nigeria. I am really scraed anything can happen. If Nigeria should loose this match now.........there will be now world cup for them.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by BabyA(f): 9:50pm On Sep 04, 2005
Nigeria 2 VS Algeria 1
After 58 minutes of play
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by Seun(m): 10:36pm On Sep 04, 2005
Nigeria 5, Algeria 2. 5 - 2 at the tail of the match!
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by abuguy64(m): 11:00pm On Sep 04, 2005
Seun,Please give us a complete run down of what this huge win means for nigeria,as per world cup qualification!An exhaustive analysis is required. As a doubting thomas,my heart is still in my mouth!I need someone to asure me that it is still possible for nijaa to qualify for world cup!Seun,Over to you! abeg,biko!!! undecided lipsrsealed rolleyes cool shocked smiley wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by Greatpeter(m): 11:28pm On Sep 04, 2005
Thank you Jesus for this huge triumph.

Now Angola must fall for Rwanda and Zimbabwe must kiss the dust for us come October.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by BabyA(f): 12:24am On Sep 05, 2005
France 1989 nigerian team posing before a match

Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by BabyA(f): 12:29am On Sep 05, 2005
nigerian team in Bamako 2002

Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by Greatpeter(m): 12:42am On Sep 05, 2005
Give us the updated team pix plz.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by whiteshark(m): 1:36am On Sep 05, 2005
I knew we were going to win the match. All those small small boys be wan give old man like me heart attack oo. Make una help me see Taiwo and Oruma... Che!!! But we thank baba God sha 4 all him mercies and pls dont 4 get the we still have one more river to cross b4..... I still dey hail.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by whiteshark(m): 3:17am On Sep 05, 2005
Did u guys watch the match? U see why we will keep on missing the point when it comes to our national teams? With all the hype and noice these guys have been making since monday, you would have thought that we were going to smark those guys black and blue but no, them go dey play jakie joko ball there and them be wan give all of us heart attack. Ol boy nor be God grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by layi(m): 9:57am On Sep 05, 2005
Nigeria Won 5-2
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by Bibi(m): 10:11am On Sep 05, 2005
yes we won, with our rusty team. I hope the team management will overhaul the mid-field before our next match. God was definitely a Nigerian yesterday.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by angelak(f): 10:41am On Sep 05, 2005
Seun:

Nigeria 5, Algeria 2. 5 - 2 at the tail of the match!

Was this analysis abi prediction done before the match or after? because ,like you know the scores where Nigeria 5 , Algeria 2. If it was before the match then Seun you are ___________. kiss
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by goodguy(m): 10:47am On Sep 05, 2005
Nigeria 5 - Algeria 2

Kanu is the man!!! cheesy grin cool

Dang! I already lost hope until "papilo" entered. I knew he was gonna do something marvelous and of course he did! cheesy

Thank God for letting us win this match kiss

Thumbs up for Martins and our #5 jersey also (shey na Obudu abi Ogbudu? undecided)
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by Saintjoe(m): 11:15am On Sep 05, 2005
[b]Papilo Rcoks no be small.[/b]I said that Nigeria is going to win. And here it has come to pass. But the eagles are still in trouble, this winning haven't asssured them that they have qualiufied for world cup. cos' angola won Gabon 1 - 0. So we still have to keep praying.The last match will judge if Nigeria will go to world cup or not.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by goodguy(m): 11:26am On Sep 05, 2005
Angola won Gabon 3 - 0 not 1 - 0. Well, the same God that allowed us win Algeria will make us qualify for the world cup. I strongly believe so.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by Saintjoe(m): 11:56am On Sep 05, 2005
@goodguy thnx. I hope so , that the God of soccer will help us qualify for world cup 2006
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria World Cup Qualifier by whizkid(f): 12:22pm On Sep 05, 2005
I actually thought that they were going to lose the match when Boutabout of Algeria scored the equalizer. Hurray to Nigeria! But we still have one more hurdle to climb, that is beat Zimbabwe  and hope Angola loses to Rwanda. If they had got their acts right in the first place, we won't be in this predicament. Imagine having to pray for two things, that they win their match and Angola loses theirs. Like I said before, whether they make the world cup or not, I shall joyfully cheer other countries that worked hard to get there grin.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pool Draw This Week 40; Pool Banker Room 2024 – Pls Prove Your Sure Banker This / El-classico Is Here: Who Will Win? Barca Or Madrid? / African Wags (wives And Girlfriends)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.