Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Which Suv Is Best For Me? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Which Suv Is Best For Me? (2861 Views)

Which SUV Is Best For Off Road/rough Terrain? / Midsize SUV Is Here Again 2011 Sharp Toks Toyota Venza Selling @ 4.6m / This Suv Is Clean Honda Crv Tokunbo N1.4million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Suv Is Best For Me? by cgift(m): 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2008
My good people,

Which SUV is best for me? I stay in my own house but my road is baaaaaaad!! You know what i mean. i use a Suzuki Vitara at the moment but it is wearing out fast asides parts being \scarce aand expensive. I had to import timing chain component from the US., the other time, i had a problem with it and the vhicle was down for like one month! 

Now, i am considering changing my car for another SUV. Now to the experienced car users/sellers/analysts, which will be my best bet to consider knowing that

1.) It must be an SUV (mid- or not too large for a family of 4)
2.) Must not consumer gas too much since i stay in Ikorodu but work on the Island
3.) Parts must be available (in Nigeria) and prices moderate
4.) The tokunbo car must not be more than N2.5m
5.) Must be fairly good off the road.

Do i make sense. I need the car like yesterday.
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by saujee: 2:27pm On Jul 30, 2008
cgift:

My good people,

Which SUV is best for me? I stay in my own house but my road is baaaaaaad!! You know what i mean. i use a Suzuki Vitara at the moment but it is wearing out fast asides parts being \scarce aand expensive. I had to import timing chain component from the US., the other time, i had a problem with it and the vhicle was down for like one month!

Now, i am considering changing my car for another SUV. Now to the experienced car users/sellers/analysts, which will be my best bet to consider knowing that

1.) It must be an SUV (mid- or not too large for a family of 4)
2.) Must not consumer gas too much since i stay in Ikorodu but work on the Island
3.) Parts must be available (in Nigeria) and prices moderate
4.) The tokunbo car must not be more than N2.5m
5.) Must be fairly good off the road.

Do i make sense. I need the car like yesterday.
I dont know exactly what you want but l do have a 2006 Jeep Liberty that will be in Lagos August 15. If you are interested let me know.
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by ssRhino: 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2008
I will suggest a Nissan Murano, Nissan pathfinder, Acura MDX.
If you interested in getting a good toks, mail me
rhinnoo@gmail.com
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by cgift(m): 4:37pm On Jul 30, 2008
$$Rhino:

I will suggest a Nissan Murano, Nissan pathfinder, Acura MDX.
If you interested in getting a good toks, mail me
rhinnoo@gmail.com

Pathfinder? Too common, Murano - not looking rugged enough for a good offroading Acura MDX -will make me spend too much on fuel! What of a 2004 4Runner?
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by obua: 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2008
What size of jeep do you need ?
A diesel Mitsubishi Pajero or 4 cylinder Petrol Toyota 4-runner.
4 cylinder Nissan Xterra or Partfinder.

For the smaller size a MK2 Rav 4 or Honda CRV MK2 are cool for N2,5m
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by cgift(m): 6:23pm On Jul 30, 2008
4-cylinder Petrol Toyota 4 Runner would be 2003 or earlier. I want 2004.
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by ssRhino: 6:35pm On Jul 30, 2008
cgift:

4-cylinder Petrol Toyota 4 Runner would be 2003 or earlier. I want 2004.

If you are really serious about the 4Runner, 2004 is not a 4 Cylinder, it is V6 and some V8
but u cld get something nice with low mileage on that budget of yours, so mail me if you are serious about it.
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by ssRhino: 10:13pm On Jul 30, 2008
This is da kinda pathfinder i am talking about

Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by damola1: 11:07pm On Jul 30, 2008
Quite dissapointed, NO man on the fence could advise, all of the advisers wish to make some dough along the way!
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by ziontrain: 11:23pm On Jul 30, 2008
Damola1,

I agree with you. This is very sad indeed. @cgift asked for advice and suddenly, he is inundated with offers from "vultures" trying to make quick money off him. I wish someone living in Naija will answer his questions objectively. Na wah o!
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by ToToChoper: 3:24am On Jul 31, 2008
Cgift, apparently you're faced with fuel efficiency versus off-road capacity. Now, I'm not a guru on automobiles but my advice is that you use the availablity of spare parts on ground as a guide in your decision-making.

Frankly, I would suggest a CRV with 4 cylinder engine and I think they are quite sporty, dependable and save you less trip to the fuel station. But I do doubt this would be your preference based on your judgement on the Murano (not-rugged enough).
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by Joseph6(m): 3:24am On Jul 31, 2008
pls Range Rover or nothing
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by cgift(m): 1:17pm On Jul 31, 2008
damola1:

Quite dissapointed, NO man on the fence could advise, all of the advisers wish to make some dough along the way!
ziontrain:

Damola1,

I agree with you. This is very sad indeed. @cgift asked for advice and suddenly, he is inundated with offers from "vultures" trying to make quick money off him. I wish someone living in Naija will answer his questions objectively. Na wah o!

Trust Nigerians now grin I am quite sure Rhino and co will be Ibo guys grin They need to go for training on how to win a customer.

$$Rhino:

This is da kind of pathfinder i am talking about

Rhino,

that Pathfinder is da bomb what are the details: price, mileage and model? What part of Naija are you based?
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by landis(m): 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2008
what you and others in your street need; go to your Local Govt and get the road fixed.

It will continue to cost you so much to 'operate' any SUV you drive continuously on those 'rickety' roads.

That said: Range Rover is the only true 4X4.

Air suspension adjust to the road surface.
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by cgift(m): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2008
landis:

what you and others in your street need; go to your Local Govt and get the road fixed.

It will continue to cost you so much to 'operate' any SUV you drive continuously on those 'rickety' roads.

That said: Range Rover is the only true 4X4.

Air suspension adjust to the road surface.

so blunt! grin thanks anyway
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by ssRhino: 2:40pm On Jul 31, 2008
I am not based in Nigeria, i export to nigeria and visit there when needs be.
The pathfinder is a 2005 Model
Average mileage on a 2005 automobile will be 80K +/- 10K miles.
It is a powerful machine, and you can get it in whatever color u want it.
Comes with all the toy that you can imagine, all powered and you will surely turn heads and wont have to break the bank as well.
Like i said, willing to work with ur budget on that.
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by fotodaddy: 4:29pm On Jul 31, 2008
cgift:

that Pathfinder is da bomb what are the details: price, mileage and model? What part of Naija are you based?

cgift, abeg no vex but a point for you to note; there is no such thing as an "economical" off-roader in today's world. These vehicles typically weigh over 2 tons. This means they need VERY big engines to push them around (your idea of a 4 cylinider 4 runner is hilarious grin). The pathfinder that has you all so excited sells in Lagos for between 4 to 5 million.

So my advice, wake up to reality, adjust your budget to reality, and then choose.

So now when you see all those guys with "jeeps" on the road, make you know say them dey spend an average of 5K for every 300km. And for you to commute between island and ikorodu, be sure that you will be spending close to 10K per week. Hope your pocket is that deep!!!

e no easy ooo!!! wink
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by ssRhino: 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2008
FotoPapa, it is not easy to be a big boy, is it?
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by cgift(m): 4:59pm On Jul 31, 2008
Fotopikin,

You got my ribs cracking grin . The truth is i dont want to spend N40K on fuel oh! I can still live with May be N25K. May be i need to change my mind grin and settle for Honda CRV and try to manage my offroad personal troubles grin Thats, according to fotopickin, the reality i believe.
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by fotodaddy: 5:57pm On Jul 31, 2008
cgift:

Fotopikin,

You got my ribs cracking grin . The truth is i don't want to spend N40K on fuel oh! I can still live with May be N25K. May be i need to change my mind grin and settle for Honda CRV and try to manage my offroad personal troubles grin Thats, according to fotopickin, the reality i believe.

Ask anyone; they'll tell you. e no easy!!

I have a diesel passat (diesel is 150 a liter while petrol is 70) And I have the kind of pathy you were drolling over (it got a V6 4.0 engine which I cane regularly) . Running them cost. So either way, I get to pay the dough. But the pleasure I get is worth it. Man no die, man to rotten and dont forget, no pain no gain!! wink
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by Ukpekeson(m): 7:31pm On Jul 31, 2008
cgift, you just got to make a choice. Pathfinder and Honda crv are economical for real.

cheers,
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by wholex(m): 10:33am On Aug 01, 2008
what about Isuzu Trouper?
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by cgift(m): 12:56pm On Aug 01, 2008
wholex:

what about Isuzu Trouper?

Trropers dont have beautifu external designs now. I care about that too.
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by komekn(m): 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2008
Cgift,
Your quest for the SUV that fits into your pocket at the same time as having some flavour, style in the ride is a hard one.
Some basic principles a midsized SUV on a 4 cylinder a complete waste of time totally underpowered, someone suggestion, Range Rover total No, No, gas guzzler and if the air suspension goes it will cost you a bomb to fix. CRV, RAV4 and the likes are not real off roaders.
Very surprised that it took you a whole month to get a timing chain for a Suzuki SUV, in this ICT age, should be able to get one in 72 hrs, particularly as you are in Lagos. My suggestion do some research online, once in Nigeria I found that the cost of the 2nd hand(tokunboh) not guaranteed part for my Explorer was more expensive at Owode than it was for a new one in the US including freight to Nigeria.
My suggestions would be Nissan Xterra, but I don’t know if you are prepared to move away from the norm if you are then I would say Grand Cherokee or an Explorer, all of these will have about the same petrol consumption as your Suzuki vitara, I am assuming it’s the V6.
Also don’t let the Naija general assumption fool you Japanese cars are not necessarily the most fuel efficient.
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by fotodaddy: 9:40am On Aug 02, 2008
komekn:

Also don’t let the Naija general assumption fool you Japanese cars are not necessarily the most fuel efficient.

Seconded cool
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by sultaan(m): 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2008
Mitsubishi Montero, cheap and reliable.
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by cgift(m): 5:40pm On Aug 04, 2008
sultaan:

Mitsubishi Montero, cheap and reliable.

Never knew. i wuld have liked it but just discovered it has no third seat. i need that for my kids.
Re: Which Suv Is Best For Me? by sultaan(m): 9:21pm On Aug 05, 2008
Mitsubishi Montero Limited

(1) (Reply)

M.a.n Diesel Tipper Truck 4x4 / ***2000 Toyota Camry*** / L300 Mitsubishi Bus Long Chasis With Petrol Engine Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.