Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,414 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Please, Advise Me! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please, Advise Me! (654 Views)

Please Advise, Me Am About Being Thrown Out Of University / PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School / Please Advise Me On This Course (philosophy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Advise Me! by aleniboro(m): 8:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
I graduated from OAU Electrical/Electronics Engineering department 10 years ago. I had a personal problem beyond my control towards my first semester exam in Part 3, I left without taking a leave of absence thinking that I will not be able to continue with the course and I was given zeros in my registered courses of 24 units!. The second semester was NRI (No Registration Information) and my GPA was further divided by another 16 units (I was told this is OAU policy for NRI). I later overcame the problem and went back to continue the course and as serious as I was, I graduated with 3rd Class.
I gained admission for PGD in UI for statistics thinking that after the PGD I will continue with my master. I got aggregate of 61% but surprisingly after that I was told that there is a policy in UI that once you have a 3rd class, UI will not admit you for academic master!
Simply because of the proximity of my office to UI and being a family man, Its only UI that is convenient for me. I decided to start afresh by sitting for the jamb and Putme. I have just been admitted for Economics on Merit list (100 level - Jamb 264, PUME -61) and I have paid the acceptance fee.
My question is this: I am now 38 years (which worries me), will it profit me to continue with this decision of starting another course from 100 level?
Or I should try to go and do my master in another school other than UI.
If anything is not clear, you are free to ask.
Re: Please, Advise Me! by aleniboro(m): 8:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
Please only experienced and aged person please. Am waiting.....
Re: Please, Advise Me! by Hardheolar(m): 10:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
B expecting ur reply if diz only get to fp
Re: Please, Advise Me! by aleniboro(m): 12:16pm On Dec 16, 2013
Hardheolar: B expecting ur reply if diz only get to fp
You are right. I believe it is people that have experience ups and downs of life are the one that can really give this type of advice. That's if it is not too late as Iam on my way for the clearance!
Re: Please, Advise Me! by BRAINEE123: 1:37pm On Dec 16, 2013
aleniboro: I graduated from OAU Electrical/Electronics Engineering department 10 years ago. I had a personal problem beyond my control towards my first semester exam in Part 3, I left without taking a leave of absence thinking that I will not be able to continue with the course and I was given zeros in my registered courses of 24 units!. The second semester was NRI (No Registration Information) and my GPA was further divided by another 16 units (I was told this is OAU policy for NRI). I later overcame the problem and went back to continue the course and as serious as I was, I graduated with 3rd Class.
I gained admission for PGD in UI for statistics thinking that after the PGD I will continue with my master. I got aggregate of 61% but surprisingly after the that I was told that there is a policy in UI that once you have a 3rd class, UI will not admit you for academic master!
Simply because of the proximity of the my office to UI and being a family man, Its only UI that is convenient for me. I decided to start afresh by sitting for the jamb and Putme. I have just been admitted for Economics on Merit list (100 level) and I have paid the acceptance fee.
My question is this: I am now 38 years (which worries me), will it profit me to continue with this decision of starting another course from 100 level?
Or I should try to go and do my master in another school other than UI.
If anything is not clear, you are free to ask.

Hmm! Oro ni ele yi o.
Start afresh if u have an investment to keep ur family going. If not,do ur masters in another university.
Mind you sir,u are not the owner of yourself anymore. You are owned by your family now. So, you must put your wife and children into consideration. But if u don't have any child yet,the decision bureaucracy will be simple.
Hope you were not the man I met in my center?(animal science) . If yes,then knw that you are not the only one in dat condition. May God help you sir.

1 Like

Re: Please, Advise Me! by aleniboro(m): 11:24am On Dec 18, 2013
BRAINEE123:

Hmm! Oro ni ele yi o.
Start afresh if u have an investment to keep ur family going. If not,do ur masters in another university.
Mind you sir,u are not the owner of yourself anymore. You are owned by your family now. So, you must put your wife and children into consideration. But if u don't have any child yet,the decision bureaucracy will be simple.
Hope you were not the man I met in my center?(animal science) . If yes,then knw that you are not the only one in dat condition. May God help you sir.
You are quite right! I'm thinking (two kids) of my family and that is why I don't want to go to other University other than UI. I really appreciate your advice. I was not the one you met because I did my putme at pharmaceutical lab.

(1) (Reply)

ASUP Strike: FG Meets 80 Per Cent Of Polytechnic Lecturers’ Demand – Wike / Federal University Otuoke, Released Academic Calendar For 2014/2015 / Is It Possible 2 Run A Degree And Masters Programme At A Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.