Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,940 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution (23640 Views)

President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC / Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution / Liberian President Suspends Son From Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:22am On Dec 16, 2013
For some time now, there have been calls from the opposition and their internet foot soldiers for the president to be impeached. The hue and cry has been so much that even people who do not know what steps are involved in the process of impeaching the president have joined the fray calling the National Assembly to impeach GEJ. This set of people think that the National Assembly on its own has the power to sit and impeach the president with immediate effect.

For those who think it is that easy, let's visit The 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Chapter 6 (section:143).

I quote verbatim;

143. (1) The President or Vice-President may be removed from office in accordance with the provisions of this section.

(2) Whenever a notice of any allegation in writing signed by not less than one-third of the members of the National Assembly:-

(a) is presented to the President of the Senate;

(b) stating that the holder of the office of President or Vice-President is guilty of gross misconduct in the performance of the functions of his office, detailed particulars of which shall be specified,

the President of the Senate shall within seven days of the receipt of the notice cause a copy thereof to be served on the holder of the office and on each member of the National Assembly, and shall also cause any statement made in reply to the allegation by the holder of the office to be served on each member of the National Assembly.

(3) Within fourteen days of the presentation of the notice to the President of the Senate (whether or not any statement was made by the holder of the office in reply to the allegation contained in the notice) each House of the National Assembly shall resolve by motion without any debate whether or not the allegation shall be investigated.

(4) A motion of the National Assembly that the allegation be investigated shall not be declared as having been passed, unless it is supported by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of all the members of each House of the National Assembly.

(5) Within seven days of the passing of a motion under the foregoing provisions, the Chief Justice of Nigeria shall at the request of the President of the Senate appoint a Panel of seven persons who in his opinion are of unquestionable integrity, not being members of any public service, legislative house or political party, to investigate the allegation as provide in this section.

(6) The holder of an office whose conduct is being investigated under this section shall have the right to defend himself in person and be represented before the Panel by legal practitioners of his own choice.

(7) A Panel appointed under this section shall -

(a) have such powers and exercise its functions in accordance with such procedure as may be prescribed by the National Assembly; and

(b) within three months of its appointment report its findings to each House of the National Assembly.

(cool Where the Panel reports to each House of the National Assembly that the allegation has not been proved, no further proceedings shall be taken in respect of the matter.

(9) Where the report of the Panel is that the allegation against the holder of the office has been proved, then within fourteen days of the receipt of the report at the House the National Assembly shall consider the report, and if by a resolution of each House of the National Assembly supported by not less than two-thirds majority of all its members, the report of the Panel is adopted, then the holder of the office shall stand removed from office as from the date of the adoption of the report.

(10) No proceedings or determination of the Panel or of the National Assembly or any matter relating thereto shall be entertained or questioned in any court.

(11) In this section -

"gross misconduct" means a grave violation or breach of the provisions of this Constitution or a misconduct of such nature as amounts in the opinion of the National Assembly to gross misconduct.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#FederalExecutive

1 Like

Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by stevoski059(m): 1:07am On Dec 16, 2013
thanks noted.
Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by bloggernaija: 6:17am On Dec 16, 2013
Gross misconduct

Includes -

Abdication of duty -Boko haram
Shielding and encouraging corruption - oduah
Incompetence- all the above and below
Corruption. - Malabo ,50 billion
Misuse of state property.
Abuse of power- amaechi
Dereliction of duty .

Fact is that there are many grounds to take down jonathan if the forces who put him there are ready.
But my guess is that they will allow him to complete his term but if he insist on contesting for 2015,then they will put him in his proper place.

6 Likes

Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:22am On Dec 16, 2013
bloggernaija: Gross misconduct

Includes -

Abuse of power- amaechi
Dereliction of duty .

Fact is that there are many grounds to take down jonathan if the forces who put him there are ready.
But my guess is that they will allow him to complete his term but if he insist on contesting for 2015,then they will put him in his proper place.

Keep dreaming mate. The C in C holds the ace.

5 Likes

Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by Pangea: 6:37am On Dec 16, 2013
Why are these people afraid of impeachment call?
Do you all know how many times such calls was made against Obama?
Why are they afraid if they have no skeletons in their cupboard?
Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by Pangea: 6:39am On Dec 16, 2013

Includes -

Abuse of power- amaechi
Dereliction of duty .

Infact, in a saner clime, he would have been bundled in jail by now, with the keys put on the next spaceship to mars!
But here is a banana republic, where anything goes. angry

1 Like

Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by gbadexy(m): 6:42am On Dec 16, 2013
It is easier for a camel to pass through the needle's eye than for the president to be impeached.
Even if the legislative arm is willing, what of the judiciary and no be nigerians the 7 man panel go be?
Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 16, 2013
Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 16, 2013

Includes -

Abuse of power- amaechi
Dereliction of duty .

Which forces, Your village councils huh?

The earlier you all realize he has come to stay like a blessed king the better for u...
btwn y'll keep screaming 2015, who exactly is the person you guys wants to be president? (Buhari?) can't we move on for once in life!! What else can he offer that he hasn't offered already..oh or u jst want jonathan out jst cos of hatred then shove that hate thru ur a..ss.h.ole and swallow the shame that his people's oil is what feeding everyone in that damn place called a country.

4 Likes

Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by albiol: 7:28am On Dec 16, 2013
@sunny bobo can u show us in the constitution where calling for the impeachment of tye president is an act of treason. Until then keep ur moth shut

4 Likes

Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by Nuzo1(m): 7:38am On Dec 16, 2013
Can you imagine one stupid boy asking a silly question in the other thread? He was asking who is afraid of Jonathan.

Why wouldn't I be? angry

Can you imagine your oil wells being legitimately resigned to another person after after about 40 years of drilling? An oil well you've been making from $3-12million per month for over 40 years even tho you don't know the zone these wells are in? angry

Can you imagine a nobody from one remote village in South south of all zones occupying and giving orders from Aso rock? It hurts my ego as a guy from a major ethnic group in Nigeria. angry

How do you feel when a little poor kid living in a batcha with his parents suddenly turns up to own a castle in front of your rented flat? Won't you hate him? angry

How do feel when as a very popular 1st class student in school end up working for a 3rd class student in his company?

How do you feel when a boy serves you for over 7 years in your shop at ochanja market, but on the 8 year when you are suppose to settle him for helping your biz grow, you accuse him of stealing and sack him without a dime. And a year later, this silly boy opens shop in the same line with you and has all the customers thronging to his shop? angry

Won't you want him out of that line by labeling him an armed robber?

How do you feel when one silly deputy governor who bows and scrapes for you as a governor, former president and top shot for years....all of a sudden shows up as your president and expects you as a typical African man to be taking orders from him? angry

Finally, can you imagine how this slow poison would bundle a lot of my corrupt uncles into kirikiri should he be allowed to contest and eventually win? cry

I know it will almost be impossible to impeach the slow man, so all we have now is to use the campaign of calumny to reduce his popularity in Nigeria.

So guys, bring in any propaganda. It doesn't matter if it's true or false...we will push it to front page, other media houses and eventually to the streets of naija.

Retardeen has to go! angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by jmaine: 7:47am On Dec 16, 2013
Nuzo':
Can you imagine one stupid boy asking a silly question in the other thread? He was asking who is afraid of Jonathan.

Why wouldn't I be? angry

Can you imagine your oil wells being legitimately resigned to another person after after about 40 years of drilling? An oil well you've been making from $3-12million per month for over 40 years even tho you don't know the zone these wells are in? angry

Can you imagine a nobody from one remote village in South south of all zones occupying and giving orders from Aso rock? It hurts my ego as a guy from a major ethnic group in Nigeria. angry

How do you feel when a little poor kid living in a batcha with his parents suddenly turns up to own a castle in front of your rented flat? Won't you hate him? angry

How do feel when as a very popular 1st class student in school end up working for a 3rd class student in his company?

How do you feel when a boy serves you for over 7 years in your shop at ochanja market, but on the 8 year when you are suppose to settle him for helping your biz grow, you accuse him of stealing and sack him without a dime. And a year later, this silly boy opens shop in the same line with you and has all the customers thronging to his shop? angry

How do you feel when one silly deputy governor who bows and scrapes for you as a governor, former president and top shot for years....all of a sudden shows up as your president and expects you as a typical African man to be taking orders from him? angry

Finally, can you imagine how this slow poison would bundle a lot of my corrupt uncles into kirikiri should he be allowed to contest and eventually win? cry

I know it will almost be impossible to impeach the slow man, so all we have now is to use the campaign of calumny to reduce his popularity in Nigeria.

So guys, bring in any propaganda. It doesn't matter if it's true or false...we will push it to front page, other media houses and eventually to the streets of naija.

grin
Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by Kelechi2020(m): 9:01am On Dec 16, 2013
Nuzo':

Why wouldn't I be? angry

if out of anoyance from the crap you wrote above i insult u now it wil ammount to a taint on my integrity cause it is against normal reasoning to try to reason along with a biased mind like yours...
I have nothing to say other than to state my observations.....
What is the difference between you @op,doukubo asari,edwin clark and aniko brigggs?.

1 Like

Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:44am On Dec 16, 2013
Kelechi2020:

if out of anoyance from the crap you wrote above i insult u now it wil ammount to a taint on my integrity cause it is against normal reasoning to try to reason along with a biased mind like yours...
I have nothing to say other than to state my observations.....
What is the difference between you @op,doukubo asari,edwin clark and aniko brigggs?.

Another Igbo wannabe. Lekwanu ha, ndi sabo!
Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by Ngwakwe: 1:14pm On Dec 16, 2013
Pangea:

Infact, in a saner clime, he would have been bundled in jail by now, with the keys put on the next spaceship to mars!

Then why is Obama still the president of USA after all these scandals listed below

1. IRS targets Obama’s enemies: The IRS
targeted conservative and pro-Israel groups prior to the 2012 election. Questions are being raised about why this occurred, who ordered it, whether there was any White House involvement and whether there was an initial effort to hide who knew about the targeting and when.

2. Benghazi: This is actually three scandals
in one: The failure of administration to protect the Benghazi mission. The changes made to the talking points in order to suggest the attack was motivated by an anti-Muslim video The refusal of the White House to say what President Obama did the night of the
attack

3. Watching the AP: The Justice
Department performed a massive cull of
Associated Press reporters’ phone records
as part of a leak investigation.

4. Rosengate: The Justice Department
suggested that Fox News reporter James
Rosen is a criminal for reporting about
classified information and subsequently
monitored his phones and emails.

5. Potential Holder perjury I: Attorney
General Eric Holder told Congress he had
never been associated with “potential
prosecution” of a journalist for perjury
when in fact he signed the affidavit that
termed Rosen a potential criminal.

6. The ATF “Fast and Furious”
scheme: Allowed weapons from the U.S. to
“walk” across the border into the hands of
Mexican drug dealers. The ATF lost track
of hundreds of firearms, many of which
were used in crimes, including the December 2010 killing of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.

7. Potential Holder Perjury II: Holder
told Congress in May 2011 that he had just
recently heard about the Fast and Furious
gun walking scheme when there is evidence
he may have known much earlier.

8. Sebelius demands payment: HHS
Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicited
donations from companies HHS might
regulate. The money would be used to help
her sign up uninsured Americans for
ObamaCare.

9. The Pigford scandal: An Agriculture
Department effort that started as an
attempt to compensate black farmers who
had been discriminated against by the
agency but evolved into a gravy train
delivering several billion dollars in cash to
thousands of additional minority and female farmers who probably didn’t face
discrimination.

10. GSA gone wild: The General Services
Administration in 2010 held an $823,000
training conference in Las Vegas, featuring
a clown and a mind readers. Resulted in the resignation of the GSA administrator.

11. Veterans Affairs in Disney
World: The agency wasted more than $6
million on two conferences in Orlando. An
assistant secretary was fired.

12. Sebelius violates the Hatch Act: A
U.S. special counsel determined that
Sebelius violated the Hatch Act when she
made “extemporaneous partisan remarks”
during a speech in her official capacity last
year. During the remarks, Sebelius called
for the election of the Democratic
candidate for governor of North Carolina.

13. Solyndra: Republicans charged the
Obama administration funded and promoted its poster boy for green energy despite warning signs the company was headed for bankruptcy. The administration also allegedly pressed Solyndra to delay layoff announcements until after the 2010 midterm elections.

14. AKA Lisa Jackson: Former EPA
Administrator Lisa Jackson used the name
“Richard Windsor” when corresponding by
email with other government officials,
drawing charges she was trying to evade
scrutiny.

15. The New Black Panthers: The Justice
Department was accused of using a racial
double standard in failing to pursue a voter
intimidation case against Black Panthers
who appeared to be menacing voters at a
polling place in 2008 in Philadelphia.

16. Waging war all by myself: Obama may
have violated the Constitution and both the
letter and the spirit of the War Powers
Resolution by attacking Libya without
Congressional approval.

17. Biden bullies the press: Vice President
Biden’s office has repeatedly interfered
with coverage, including forcing a reporter
to wait in a closet, making a reporter delete photos, and editing pool reports.

18. AKPD not A-OK: The administration
paid millions to the former firm of then-
White House adviser David Axelrod, AKPD
Message and Media, to promote passage of
Obamacare. Some questioned whether the
firm was hired to help pay Axelrod $2
million AKPD owed him.

19. Sestak, we’ll take care of
you: Former White House Chief of Staff
Rahm Emanuel used Bill Clinton as an
intermediary to probe whether former Rep. Joe Sestak (D-Pa.) would accept a
prominent, unpaid White House advisory
position in exchange for dropping out of the 2010 primary against former Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.).

20. I’ll pass my own laws: Obama has
repeatedly been accused of making end runs around Congress by deciding which laws to enforce, including the decision not to deport illegal immigrants who may have been allowed to stay in the United States had Congress passed the “Dream Act.”

21. The hacking of Sharyl Attkisson’s
computer: It’s not clear who hacked the
CBS reporter’s computer as she investigated the Benghazi scandal, but the
Obama administration and its allies had
both the motive and the means to do it.

22. An American Political Prisoner: The
sudden decision to arrest Nakoula Basseley Nakoula on unrelated charges after protests in the Arab world over his anti- Muslim video is an extraordinarily suspicious coincidence. “We’re going to go out and we’re going to prosecute the person that made that video,” Hillary Clinton allegedly told the father of one of the ex-SEALs killed in Banghazi.

23. Get rid of inconvenient IGs: Corporation for National and Community Service Inspector General Gerald Walpin was fired in 2009 as he fought wasteful spending and investigated a friend of Obama’s, Sacramento Mayor and former NBA player Kevin Johnson. The White House says Walpin was incompetent.

24. Influence peddling: An investigation is
underway of Alejandro Mayorkas, director
of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration
Services, who has been nominated by
Obama for the number two post at the
Department of Homeland Security.
Mayorkas may have used his position to
unfairly obtain U.S. visas for foreign
investors in company run by Hillary Clinton’s brother, Anthony Rodman.

2 Likes

Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by Longeria(m): 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2013
Pangea: Why are these people afraid of impeachment call?
Do you all know how many times such calls was made against Obama?
Why are they afraid if they have no skeletons in their cupboard?
There was more than three impeachment call against Obasanjo.
Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by engrfcuksmtin(m): 4:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Keep dreaming mate. The C in C holds the ace.
To relate with people like you, one need to be watching animal planet channel at least an hour a day.
Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
engrfcuksmtin: To relate with people like you, one need to be watching animal planet channel at least an hour a day.

This is what you get when contraceptives fail. Your moniker says it all.

I give up on you mate!
Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by Pangea: 5:19pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ngwakwe:

Then why is Obama still the president of USA after all these scandals listed below

1. IRS targets Obama’s enemies: The IRS
targeted conservative and pro-Israel groups prior to the 2012 election. Questions are being raised about why this occurred, who ordered it, whether there was any White House involvement and whether there was an initial effort to hide who knew about the targeting and when.

2. Benghazi: This is actually three scandals
in one: The failure of administration to protect the Benghazi mission. The changes made to the talking points in order to suggest the attack was motivated by an anti-Muslim video The refusal of the White House to say what President Obama did the night of the
attack

3. Watching the AP: The Justice
Department performed a massive cull of
Associated Press reporters’ phone records
as part of a leak investigation.

4. Rosengate: The Justice Department
suggested that Fox News reporter James
Rosen is a criminal for reporting about
classified information and subsequently
monitored his phones and emails.

5. Potential Holder perjury I: Attorney
General Eric Holder told Congress he had
never been associated with “potential
prosecution” of a journalist for perjury
when in fact he signed the affidavit that
termed Rosen a potential criminal.

6. The ATF “Fast and Furious”
scheme: Allowed weapons from the U.S. to
“walk” across the border into the hands of
Mexican drug dealers. The ATF lost track
of hundreds of firearms, many of which
were used in crimes, including the December 2010 killing of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.

7. Potential Holder Perjury II: Holder
told Congress in May 2011 that he had just
recently heard about the Fast and Furious
gun walking scheme when there is evidence
he may have known much earlier.

8. Sebelius demands payment: HHS
Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicited
donations from companies HHS might
regulate. The money would be used to help
her sign up uninsured Americans for
ObamaCare.

9. The Pigford scandal: An Agriculture
Department effort that started as an
attempt to compensate black farmers who
had been discriminated against by the
agency but evolved into a gravy train
delivering several billion dollars in cash to
thousands of additional minority and female farmers who probably didn’t face
discrimination.

10. GSA gone wild: The General Services
Administration in 2010 held an $823,000
training conference in Las Vegas, featuring
a clown and a mind readers. Resulted in the resignation of the GSA administrator.

11. Veterans Affairs in Disney
World: The agency wasted more than $6
million on two conferences in Orlando. An
assistant secretary was fired.

12. Sebelius violates the Hatch Act: A
U.S. special counsel determined that
Sebelius violated the Hatch Act when she
made “extemporaneous partisan remarks”
during a speech in her official capacity last
year. During the remarks, Sebelius called
for the election of the Democratic
candidate for governor of North Carolina.

13. Solyndra: Republicans charged the
Obama administration funded and promoted its poster boy for green energy despite warning signs the company was headed for bankruptcy. The administration also allegedly pressed Solyndra to delay layoff announcements until after the 2010 midterm elections.

14. AKA Lisa Jackson: Former EPA
Administrator Lisa Jackson used the name
“Richard Windsor” when corresponding by
email with other government officials,
drawing charges she was trying to evade
scrutiny.

15. The New Black Panthers: The Justice
Department was accused of using a racial
double standard in failing to pursue a voter
intimidation case against Black Panthers
who appeared to be menacing voters at a
polling place in 2008 in Philadelphia.

16. Waging war all by myself: Obama may
have violated the Constitution and both the
letter and the spirit of the War Powers
Resolution by attacking Libya without
Congressional approval.

17. Biden bullies the press: Vice President
Biden’s office has repeatedly interfered
with coverage, including forcing a reporter
to wait in a closet, making a reporter delete photos, and editing pool reports.

18. AKPD not A-OK: The administration
paid millions to the former firm of then-
White House adviser David Axelrod, AKPD
Message and Media, to promote passage of
Obamacare. Some questioned whether the
firm was hired to help pay Axelrod $2
million AKPD owed him.

19. Sestak, we’ll take care of
you: Former White House Chief of Staff
Rahm Emanuel used Bill Clinton as an
intermediary to probe whether former Rep. Joe Sestak (D-Pa.) would accept a
prominent, unpaid White House advisory
position in exchange for dropping out of the 2010 primary against former Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.).

20. I’ll pass my own laws: Obama has
repeatedly been accused of making end runs around Congress by deciding which laws to enforce, including the decision not to deport illegal immigrants who may have been allowed to stay in the United States had Congress passed the “Dream Act.”

21. The hacking of Sharyl Attkisson’s
computer: It’s not clear who hacked the
CBS reporter’s computer as she investigated the Benghazi scandal, but the
Obama administration and its allies had
both the motive and the means to do it.

22. An American Political Prisoner: The
sudden decision to arrest Nakoula Basseley Nakoula on unrelated charges after protests in the Arab world over his anti- Muslim video is an extraordinarily suspicious coincidence. “We’re going to go out and we’re going to prosecute the person that made that video,” Hillary Clinton allegedly told the father of one of the ex-SEALs killed in Banghazi.

23. Get rid of inconvenient IGs: Corporation for National and Community Service Inspector General Gerald Walpin was fired in 2009 as he fought wasteful spending and investigated a friend of Obama’s, Sacramento Mayor and former NBA player Kevin Johnson. The White House says Walpin was incompetent.

24. Influence peddling: An investigation is
underway of Alejandro Mayorkas, director
of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration
Services, who has been nominated by
Obama for the number two post at the
Department of Homeland Security.
Mayorkas may have used his position to
unfairly obtain U.S. visas for foreign
investors in company run by Hillary Clinton’s brother, Anthony Rodman.

In all you wrote above,
Was Obama and his handlers shouting treason against their detractors?
They rose up to defend themselves but unfortunately our own oga can not even put up a sensible defence to save his face.
Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by Ngwakwe: 5:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
What I cited are facts about Obama's lawlessness and subversion of American constitution yet he hasn't been impeached (remember you said "in a sane clime GEJ should have been a gooner" ) while most of your allegations on which you are calling for GEJ's impeachment are baseless, fictitious or unproven to say the least.

Pangea:

In all you wrote above,
Was Obama and his handlers shouting treason against their detractors?
They rose up to defend themselves but unfortunately our own oga can not even put up a sensible defence to save his face.

1 Like

Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by oldenglish: 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2013
Pangea:

in a saner clime he wouldn't have been president, Obj should be in jail, all the past state governors should be in jail, in fact all Nigerian politicians suppose to be in jail. Now tell me, who is fooling who?
Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by OmoTier1(m): 8:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
Even though I do not want GEJ impeached, getting Him impeached would not take more than two days! Stop all these useless thread as when the day comes, GEJ would be put on house arrest and He would be impeached straight away.
Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:23pm On Dec 16, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Even though I do not want GEJ impeached, getting Him impeached would not take more than two days! Stop all these useless thread as when the day comes, GEJ would be put on house arrest and He would be impeached straight away.

Are you talking about impeachment or coup?

You need to wake up mate!
Re: Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution by ImadeUReadThis: 5:30pm On Jul 07, 2017
bloggernaija:
Gross misconduct

Includes -

Abuse of power- amaechi
Dereliction of duty .

ok.

Then gross misconduct in the case of Buhari

1. abscondment from duty post for over 60days

2. Shielding and encouraging corruption among his principal staff while waging a political clampdown on opponets in the guise of fighting corruption

3. the most clueless and incompetent President ever!

4. Economic recession and wide spread currency racketeering

5. Massacre of Shia protesters

6. Bombing of Rann IDP camp where over a hundred civilians where killed.

7. Brutal massacre of Biafran agiatators.

8. Tacit support, backing and protection of Fulani herdsmen

9. Not medically and mentaly fit to continue in office.

10. A treasonable fellow who is yet to apologize for staging a military coup on a democratically elected civilian govt

11. Plunging Nigeria into recession twice in less than 30yrs

12. Demarketing of Nigeria and Nigerians abroad.

13. Hiring Lair Mohammed to torment Nigerians with lies

14. committing perjury

(1) (Reply)

Buhari In London Ahead Of Syria Conference(photos) / My Brother, Uncles’ Names In List To Recall Me – Dino Melaye / Rivers Ups For Grabs As Wike's Romance With Tinubu Escalates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.