Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City (25830 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Don’t Sign For Chelsea, Abuja Fans Tell Eaglets / Iheanacho To Join U20 AYC Final Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by opmoore(m): 8:12am On Dec 18, 2013
For your Information he is been signed into the Team Reserve and not to be struggling for a starting shirt with mancity star studded Midfield...Moreover you don't know Mr Iheanacho to be saying he lives in Poverty...People like you are the reason Nigeria is not good.
Mr James Iheanacho finally achieved destroying his son's life because of money. See wetin poverty dey cause for 9ja. Why Man City?
Man City where he would not even guarantee second team not to talk of first team? Should have go for Arsenal that still want him or FC Porto that still want him.

You go sleep for bench tire

Front page pls[/quote]
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Bizibi(m): 8:17am On Dec 18, 2013
It seems people here don't know anything about how things work in these big clubs
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by JoeboyEbuka(m): 8:17am On Dec 18, 2013
U hear Aguero,Dzeko,Negredo u still dey go...anyway ur bench dey wait 4 u

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by omajali2003(m): 8:25am On Dec 18, 2013
A True star will shine no matter how dark the night is. If the young man is truly a star, he will shine whether it's mancity or manvillage. Goodluck boy
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by dotcomnamename: 8:38am On Dec 18, 2013
The father said they prayed and God indicated Manchester city: I wonder how Nigerian strumentalize prayer and God.

Why did God reveal to you a richer team with talents than a normal team where your son will grow? People using God to pursue their selfish interest.

Greedy father LOL tongue Landed in GHANA tongue
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by iamdhebuck(m): 8:47am On Dec 18, 2013
bigtt76: Well the father obviously meant well. If they boy is sharp enough, he would invest ample time into furthering his studies while in England. At seventeen years of age, he still got a lot of time ahead of him and can easily finish up to doctorate level and then concentrate on his football career till he retires.
lol,some people still don't get it...the reason u go for a college degree is largely financial..people like this guy don't need college
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by safarigirl(f): 9:08am On Dec 18, 2013
Guy abeg if the thing dey pepper you like this go drink paracetamol sleep. You're getting annoying, he has gone to Man City, whether na the one for Ghana or the UK own is inconsequential. If you get a job in SHELL, will they send you to their European branches before those in Africa? If he plays well enough to earn a move to the UK camp he won't be in Ghana past a year, what's your point? If after 1-3 years nothing comes out of this, then you can come and gloat. Until then, pull up your big boy pants and stop acting like a petulant child
dotcom_na_me_na_me: The father said they prayed and God indicated Manchester city: I wonder how Nigerian strumentalize prayer and God.

Why did God reveal to you a richer team with talents than a normal team where your son will grow? People using God to pursue their selfish interest.

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by katordidi(m): 9:11am On Dec 18, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Mr James Iheanacho finally achieved destroying his son's life because of money. See wetin poverty dey cause for 9ja. Why Man City?
Man City where he would not even guarantee second team not to talk of first team? Should have go for Arsenal that still want him or FC Porto that still want him.

Front page pls
in as much as man city is not de ideal team for youngsters nobody is expectin him to make de 1st team or even dw bench for that matter, he‘s 17 and he will play wit other young lads at the city academy after which he will be gradually eased into 1st team football, same tin would happen at arsenal porto or any other european club side. Ironically 1st team football now may derail his career

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by geesilver(m): 9:32am On Dec 18, 2013
safarigirl: Nigerians, please keep the faith. Man City may not be an ideal team, but it's a team still.

Iheanacho was brilliant at the U-17 level and according to what we've heard, he didn't disappear when confronted with the home-based team so just believe that his star won't dim even in Man City.

Keshi gave him his consent to leave camp, so I believe he'll keep watching his growth and there's still a chance he'll play for the Super Eagles.

Sha sha, moving on....Go AWONIYI!!!
ℓ̊ don't agree with your point ℓ̊ think he need to start from A̶̲̥̅ team that appreciate young talent. Less ƴƠƲ forget sturridge sarted from man city academy likewise onuoha, and so on W̶̲̥̅̊ђεяε are they today. they are out there shinning for another team that appreciate their talent. If he had choose porto ahead of them he can bε guarantee more first team action.this Ȋ̝̊̅§ what poverty can cause, Well ℓ̊ wish him best in hȋ̝̊̅ڪ career
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by safarigirl(f): 9:40am On Dec 18, 2013
No two people are the same, the fact that James always came last in school doesn't mean the same fate will meet his brother, John. Don't say he won't succeed because others didn't. I was against his move to Man Shitty also, I still don't support it, but what's done is done. Nothing anyone can say will change that, the only thing we can do is wish him well, why the doomsday prophecies everywhere? It's annoying abeg
geesilver: ℓ̊ don't agree with your point ℓ̊ think he need to start from A̶̲̥̅ team that appreciate young talent. Less ƴƠƲ forget sturridge sarted from man city academy likewise onuoha, and so on W̶̲̥̅̊ђεяε are they today. they are out there shinning for another team that appreciate their talent. If he had choose porto ahead of them he can bε guarantee more first team action.this Ȋ̝̊̅§ what poverty can cause, Well ℓ̊ wish him best in hȋ̝̊̅ڪ career
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Blaqking(m): 10:05am On Dec 18, 2013
striker9: Let's wait and see,don't you think Porto has got great players too?y'all don't know what might also happen to him at Porto,he might be benched.Don't judge just yet.

see, five teams are known for giving young talents a chance in england. Southampton, aston villa, n arsenal, liverpool n to some extent spurs... in that order.
Four teams are bad for young talents man u (for now--as januzaj is their product, they didn't buy him,) stoke city (never a good choice for creative players,) chelsea, n man city being the worst.
Man city BUYS only proven world class players into their 1st team
Fc porto has stars too, but, unlike man city, they give young players chance
Let's just hope kelechi's talents, determination n attitude are huge enough to break the yet to be broken
though i'd hv bowed to their intelligence had he gone to the saints or arsenal
...okbye
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by andyanders: 10:07am On Dec 18, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Mr James Iheanacho finally achieved destroying his son's life because of money. See wetin poverty dey cause for 9ja. Why Man City?

Front page pls

Exactly. Man City shouldn't have been the right club for a young guy like him.Anyway, wishing him well
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Chetajack: 10:21am On Dec 18, 2013
He (Kelechi) might make it in man city, no one can tell.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by shariffalabim89: 10:28am On Dec 18, 2013
bigtt76: Well the father obviously meant well. If they boy is sharp enough, he would invest ample time into furthering his studies while in England. At seventeen years of age, he still got a lot of time ahead of him and can easily finish up to doctorate level and then concentrate on his football career till he retires.

I like the angle U are viewing this from..........intelligent
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by shariffalabim89: 10:36am On Dec 18, 2013
The move is money motivated. One can't compare the number of big names to have come out of porto's academy to man city's......its a gulf in class. Mancity's academy is in a state of trial and error, take for example some of d wasted youngsters dat city had (gai assulin and abdu razak).going to mancity is just too much pressure,porto or some where in france would be ok. Even sturidge had to go to chelsea. I just hope d academy coaches at man city will give him d best training and patience.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Reference(m): 10:40am On Dec 18, 2013
joseph1013:

Nope, he just took a leave of absence to sign a contract. According to reports from Keshi, he'll ensure that the contract does not commence until the end of the CHAN competition.

You see, he's not stupid afterall.

If you watch the training at the Camp, you will be amazed at the talent of this boy. His deft touches, accurate passes, ability to evade markers, initiate counter-attacks and immense creativity is a joy to behold.

Mark my words, a football legend is here.

That's my concern here. His national team form. I'm happy he's playing for us first and will adapt to the eagles team. Where he plies his trade is entirely up to him. Heck are there not squad players in the eagles team who are technically clubless. What's my business with Manchester City or Winchester Village.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by striker9(m): 10:47am On Dec 18, 2013
Blaq king:

see, five teams are known for giving young talents a chance in england. Southampton, aston villa, n arsenal, liverpool n to some extent spurs... in that order.
Four teams are bad for young talents man u (for now--as januzaj is their product, they didn't buy him,) stoke city (never a good choice for creative players,) chelsea, n man city being the worst.
Man city BUYS only proven world class players into their 1st team
Fc porto has stars too, but, unlike man city, they give young players chance
Let's just hope kelechi's talents, determination n attitude are huge enough to break the yet to be broken
though i'd hv bowed to their intelligence had he gone to the saints or arsenal
...okbye
You are right,but the guy has already gone to Man city.All we have to do is support him,we all know Man city is not the best place for him but he will only need to work even harder.I personally would have love to see him play for Arsenal or Ajax.I believe he will settle more easily in England compared to Portugal,with the language barrier and stuff.South American players are known to be favorites in Portugal.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Ikenna94: 10:51am On Dec 18, 2013
People and there ignorance , iheanacho does not need work permit 2 join man city a reserve team as far as dey say dat he is a special talent which everybody knws he is den he is a city player. Sem
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 18, 2013
I think you guys have forgotten that Mikel played in Norway for a couple of seasons before moving to Chelsea. Truth is if you really want to develop as a young player not motivated by money, the best leagues to go are Belgium, Holland and Norway. In these countries you will always get playing time as a young lad and the youth system is wonderful.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Psychedelia(m): 11:13am On Dec 18, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Anyway, he should come buy his domain name from me KelechiIheanacho.com abi na only him won shop Man City money? sad

Hehehehe...Baddest guy! grin
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Psychedelia(m): 11:17am On Dec 18, 2013
tobpel2: Lobatan

Man City to send Iheanacho to Ghana

But technocrats like Victor Ikpeba repeatedly
fumed against Iheanacho moving to ManCity as
offers came from Porto in Portugal. Ikpeba said
that the young player was being misled, arguing
that he had a better chance of playing first team
football in Portugal and developing in the
Portuguese league than moving to England where
it may take him a long time to find his feet.
Iheanacho’s family and agents did not heed
Ikpeba’s advice. But with the latest development
Ikpeba appears vindicated.
ManCity plan to enroll Iheanacho into their
academy in Ghana where he will wait until he
earns enough caps to qualify for a work permit.

GODDAMNIT!!!
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Benzjoy(m): 11:18am On Dec 18, 2013
All d best bro
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by jhidey08(m): 11:35am On Dec 18, 2013
Clemzy16: I'm happy for him but i hope he doesn't end up like mikel.
oga Clemzy wot aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ u saying, he shldn't end up lyk Mikel in wot sense? Champions League, Premier League, Carling cup, FA cup, Europa League and Nations cup. Mikel is only short of 2 things with d greatest Nigerian player (Kanu), which is Olympic Gold and Individual awards such as African Best and odas. Infact, d most decorated English player (Ryan Giggs) is nt as decorated as Mikel Obi cos he didn't win any International trophy. Mikel na Baba o, bt very underrated.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by emmabest2000(m): 11:41am On Dec 18, 2013
ULSHERLAN: Good intentions bad decisions
GBAM
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by collinsola: 11:50am On Dec 18, 2013
make money for your self by becoming an agent on sports betting,partner with naijapredict.com with 30% profit every week.

requirement:

A shop,computer.printer and internet access.for more information call 07033949048 or visit our web site www.naijapredict.com.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by shizzle11(m): 11:52am On Dec 18, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: The father said they prayed and God indicated Manchester city: I wonder how Nigerian strumentalize prayer and God.

Guy you are becoming increasingly annoying and stop being a hypocrite, why are so pained by his decision. Do you love him more than his father? The family has made a decision and that is that. Is Iheanacho the only player in the academy? And what is wrong in sending him alongside other youth team players to gain requisite experience, exposure and maturity to prepare them for the tougher challenges ahead. please carry your 'I to know' and get the hell outta hear. You think we don't know your type. Useless black belle iddiott.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 18, 2013
safarigirl: Nigerians, please keep the faith. Man City may not be an ideal team, but it's a team still.

Iheanacho was brilliant at the U-17 level and according to what we've heard, he didn't disappear when confronted with the home-based team so just believe that his star won't dim even in Man City.

Keshi gave him his consent to leave camp, so I believe he'll keep watching his growth and there's still a chance he'll play for the Super Eagles.

Sha sha, moving on....Go AWONIYI!!!

Babe, its not a question of support. I'm sure its because people want to see him do well they are disappointed he chose Man. City. I'm certain his advisers could have done better than this.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by fursh(m): 12:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
Whether Mancity or FC Porto, humans would still criticise. Iheanacho, go where your spirit lead ya, breaking barriers starts in a day and with someone. Wish you loads of success in your career
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by geesilver(m): 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
Niseamaka:

Wrong. A lot of people, including myself expressed this kind of pessimism about Mikel Obi when he joined Chelsea due to the array of stars in Chelsea, concluding that he will be a bench warmer, but look at him now.
. Mikel obi case Ȋ̝̊̅§ different he started from nigerian league went to ajax of cape town from there to lyn oslo before signing for chelsea can ƴƠƲ c the. Gradual development in hȋ̝̊̅ڪ career, this Ȋ̝̊̅§ what we want for this boy have ƴƠƲ forgottÉn what happen to chrisantus macauley who sign for 1 german team. After the tournament W̶̲̥̅̊ђεяε Ȋ̝̊̅§ he today, A̶̲̥̅ bench warmer in division 2 hȋ̝̊̅ڪ boy need A̶̲̥̅ good advÍser otherwise he might end up ℓi̶̲̥̅ke ohers
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City by solomon111(m): 12:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
Even chelsea is a better destination than mancity.
With probably the best youth devt programme and facilities in Europe,coupled with the fact that he would've been loaned to vitesse arnhelm(chelsea B) in holland who are currently toping the dutch league, to develop the technical aspect of his game.
He would have been a good replacement for lucas piazon who is coming back to chelsea next season after a good spell in holland.
What a waste.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Round 4 Draws Of The Fa Cup In Full / What We Learned From The English Premier League Last Weekend / Anthony Joshua Awarded Order Of The British Empire (OBE) Medal By Prince Charles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.