Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

What Color Is Santa Claus? How About Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Color Is Santa Claus? How About Jesus? (747 Views)

10 Tips For Talking About Jesus / Muslim Dressed As 'Santa Claus' In Sokoto Praying (photo) / Santa Claus Or Satan Claus;-is Santa Claus Satanic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Color Is Santa Claus? How About Jesus? by Wallie(m): 11:16pm On Dec 16, 2013
Monday evening musings…

We've been made to believe that Santa Claus and Jesus are white (and Northern European) but are we being mislead?

Santa Claus is a fictional character based on Saint Nicholas who was the Greek Bishop of Myra (part of modern-day Turkey). Jesus is said to be Jew of first-century Palestine.

Would we be wrong in accepting a more dark-skinned (or is it brown-skinned) version of Jesus and Santa Claus or should we just accept them the way they're presented to us?

If you think that we should accept them the way they're presented to us, do you think such acceptance contributes (unconsciously) to our thinking that "white" is more beautiful than "black" or that "white" is good and "black" is bad?

There must be a reason that most blacks, especially in Africa, think being light-skinned is more beautiful or that “black” represents the devil. If you say “black” represents bad and/or the devil, and you’re black, what does that make you?

1 Like

Re: What Color Is Santa Claus? How About Jesus? by emeka94(m): 9:48am On Oct 08, 2014
Maybe u should ask why white is used in weddings and black in funerals?
My mum has a picture of a very fine jesus in her room and I once pointed out to her that if jesus is a jew, from Asia, how come he has dark blonde hair and brown eyes in the pic? Trust me her answer wasn't pretty. I've never tried pointing out to her some inconsistencies in our faith/religion.
The truth is that we've unconsciously, or consciously in some cases, accepted the superiority of white over black and foreign over local. Its already deep seated that to unseat the motion might result in brain damage cheesy.
But I think that its all part of an early ploy -around 10AD -to Europeanise everything good and thus cast white people in superior light and the rest of the world, as inferior. If not for the invention of camera and globalization, they might have claimed that nelson mandela is white cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses: Do They Ever Get Tired? / God Sometimes Lose A Battle To Win A War / Top 10 Common Dreams And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.