Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Is Yerima Promoting Or Reducing Prostitution As He Claimed? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Yerima Promoting Or Reducing Prostitution As He Claimed? (400 Views)

Olisa Metuh And Yerima The Bail Differences - Just Check This. / How Dasuki Claimed To Have Spent The Looted Fund - Photo / Hakila Yerima Is Dead (SDP Governorship Candidate In Adamawa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Yerima Promoting Or Reducing Prostitution As He Claimed? by davidugotex(m): 12:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
In 2010, the outgoing governor of Zamfara State(currently a senator) Ahmed Sani Yerima went to Egypt and took a girl of 13 years as wife, paying her poor parents $100,000 as bride price. The media become awashed with the news because many viewed it as the height of child abuse. Before we could totally forget the incident,
some few month ago, the Nigerian Senate was brought to global limelight negatively when this pedophile senator, Yerima pushed the lawmakers to pass a bill making it legal to marry a girl-child as wife in Nigeria. This singular act brought global criticism, many groups, NGOs and foundations protested and challenged the action but all yielded no result. One of those leading the campaign against the 'child bride' law was Nigerian star actress, Stella Damasus. In the heat of the argument, a frontline foreign TV Station, Aljazera brought the two major figures in the protest- Senator Ahmed Yerima and Stella Damasus to a live debate. Anybody that watched that debate would give credits to Stella for her boldness and passion in defending these minors. But all through the debate, the senator was shouting "It is our religion", "we marry them early to prevent them from going into prostitution". I wouldn't go into all the details of that debate for lack of space, but popular video sharing sites like youtube still have the recording of it.
Let me cast our minds back to some months back, when about 6000 women took to the streets to protest the refusal of men to marry them. That was the State Ahmed Yerima governed for 8 years. But I ask, how can these women/ladies get married when their men only go for little girls who have not fully attained the puberty age?
Once again this child molester, Yerima is in the news again. This time around he has just divorced the 17 years old Egyptian wife he just married 3 years ago and has yet married another 15 years Egyptian. Is this not an act of wickedness?
What do Yerima and other muslims take from these little girls which they dispose them off after taking those things? What will now become the fate of this 17 years old divorcee? Please my discerning people, is marrying a girl at 13 and divorcing her at 17 promoting or reducing PROSTITUTION as our muslims claim?
It is better that we speak up now to save our children from these monsters.

1 Like

Re: Is Yerima Promoting Or Reducing Prostitution As He Claimed? by Peterwizzy: 1:32pm On Dec 17, 2013
this is serious
Re: Is Yerima Promoting Or Reducing Prostitution As He Claimed? by eddyvilla: 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
I have said it before and i will continue to say it again. This man is just a bloody ritualist who concerns himself with collecting the good omens off these girls and dumping them when he is done. What offense would a 17years old girl commit against her husband that will lead to divorce? Our country needs to rise against evil perpetrators such as this. Enough is enough. This has nothing to do with religion, Islam is a good religion and has nothing to do with Islam at all. This kind of men ought to be beaten and if possible given jungle justice cos we know that our Law makers and Law Enforcers are almost like Yerima buh in diverse forms......Rubbish.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Unveils Nigerian-made Drone / Patience Jonathan Wants Media To Promote Peace / Open Letters For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.